Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BoF 6 came out recently

Its a lovely gatcha mobile game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vikar Jerome posted:

i'm imagining a n64 mini where the only rare game on it is donkey kong 64 and i cry.

Yeah no Rare games is much better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pachinko is dead as soon as all the currently old people in Japan die because no one under the age of 60 plays it. That's what all the fancy licensed versions are about, trying to get younger people to play but no one cares.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

I don't really like "pure" racing games but I love me some Mario Kart.

Straight racing games are insanely boring which is why Mario Kart is better than all of them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Empress Brosephine posted:

1. Dirt rally
2. Dirt 2
3. Forza Horizon
4. Forza Motorsports 3
5. Project Gotham Racing 2
6. Gran Turismo 6
7. NFS Underground 2
8. Midnight Club LA
9. Ridge Racer R4
10. Daytona USA

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

R4 should be higher.

That was the last good racing game before realism ruined the genre.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

1. Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart's Super Off-Road Racing

I had that on my Amstrad CPC

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alex Kidd is better off dead tbh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll buy digital when it's not £20 more expensive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

monkeu posted:

It's fine let's just keep filling up our planet and destroying the ocean with worthless plastic cartridges and ridiculous packaging. And all because Nintendo nerds can't sort their lives out enough that they literally can't manage to survive without factoring in the hypothetical $30 they might be able to get back when they hypothetically get sick of playing Mario kart.

Meanwhile digital media and broadband internet exists and mk8 is less than 7 gigs.

gently caress this earth though! Fill it up with more plastic because you retards can't manage a budget. And I'm the rear end in a top hat :laugh:

Oh hey I remember you from YCS you were the 360 dude right? And Flayer was PS3?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

well why not posted:

so is there any reason why digital is more expensive?

Because physical stores still have a stranglehold on the retail side of things an no-one wants to be the first to piss them off by pricing digital games competitively unless they're on sale.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do digital downloads actually have any noticeable improvement in loading times? I figured since physical games are just basically proprietary SD cards anyway there wouldn't be any difference.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kashuno posted:

This thread gettin bad

'gettin'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm seein Nobunaga's Ambition coming to Switch but all I'm thinking is, when the gently caress is Yakuza coming to Switch. It's bad enough only Nippon got the Yakuza 1+2 game for WiiU.

Those also the only Yakuza games on a not Sony platform so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amusingly it did get a recent patch despite being out for like three years but it wasn't to add an English language option.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait this isn't the PS4 thread

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Sonic Cycle has broken many a manchild

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Megadrive Wonderboy in Monsterland is a legit good game if you have anything to run it on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does Splatoon the second have a proper single player campaign this time??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bad Parenting posted:

How the hell is the digital version of tetris $30 on the US store and loving £35 on the UK store?

Brexit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Lol if you ever order anything not Prime from Amazon.

They've hosed up a couple of my Prime orders lately too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopefully they have more than one game to show unlike last year.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought Unravel because of the cute nervous dude

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cartoon Man posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors needs to hurry up so they can get to making Hyrule Warriors Deluxe.

I'd probably buy it for the third time if they did a Switch version with all the 3DS content sure :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean the 3/2DS is dead in a year or so whatever happens anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

deadwing posted:

The 3DS won't die anytime soon because there are still a lot of good games coming out for it and a loving enormous back catalog of good games

Sure new games might stop coming out in a year and a half or so, but hardware will still be produced for a while

No new games is the definition of a system being dead.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

deadwing posted:

So the Wii U, a system that is out of production but is still getting new games is... alive????

That's more of a Weekend At Bernies type situation

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

I still have my WiiU because I'm not a monster, so I'd prefer that Nintendo's limited first/second party development resources focused on new games for Switch.

This

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People who didn't buy and keep a WiiU don't deserve nice things

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 3, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

Spirits tracks is correctly rated as garbage

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

strap on revenge posted:

i bought a switch with money from my job and its fun and i still have money :prepop:

Same except I don't have money anymore I'll have to live off bitter Switch cartridges.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

400 dicks per inch is a little extreme even for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A while ago my brother in law was very excited to get his old N64 out and and made me play splitscreen Goldeneye with him and I was just like 'wtf is this poo poo'. Now I know what it's like for kids to play old games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a7m2 posted:

I've never played a Disgaea game before. It's 5 alright to start with or is it absolutely necessary to play the others first?

Nah you can start with 5, none are connected in any major way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Etna is 1000 years old

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bum the Sad posted:

I can't tell if you three are being ironic or are literally pulling the old "She only looks like a 5 year old she's really a 1000 year old magical princess so it's ok to jack off to it" defense that has been mocked on these forums for over a decade...???

:confused:

Etna is literally where that meme originated

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mega64 posted:

Drop this poo poo.

Like I'm gonna let a GBS mod tell me what to do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

It's a shame that there are so few SRPGs coming out these days. There's like fire emblem, disgaea and ???.

That dull looking Dynasty Warriors one Koei just released.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harlock posted:

Metroid is dead or the things it did very well have been grasped by other games that I'm not sure Nintendo could do it justice again.

Which games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not in the slightest

• Locked thread