Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will be leaving my house in less then two hours to get my Switch on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

HyperPuma posted:

what does it mean for a joycon to be weedy

The buttons are replaced with tiny pot leafs and the analog sticks become joints

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

Hopefully they don't smell like some skunk, since they are into engaging other sense it appears. Though if they'd coat them in a THC or CBD film...

The game carts actually don't have anything on them. Licking them gives you a massive trip that's why Zelda has so many 10/10s

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One joycon in each hand has brought back the joy of Lazy Gaming where I can just sprawl out while playing. No interference issues for me

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fast RMX is a pretty sweet F-Zero stand in if people need that itch scratched. Once you get going with a boost poo poo looks nuts it's pretty great

gotta go fast

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Are there any glass screen protectors or is the hori still the best options

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Since I left the starting Great Plateau area I really haven't run across much frame rate drops anymore. I wonder what's up there that causes it?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Splatoon 2 testified is in a few weeks isn't it? Anyone got the dates and times handy?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Feenix posted:

I can't convince myself on Fast RMX having played much Wipeout in my life and getting the Wipeout Re-release this year on PS4.

All the vids I saw made it look like another Wipeout. Does it do something differently, maybe that I missed?

I never played Wipeout so I couldn't tell you if it does anything different but the courses are all super nice and different and the feeling of speed once you get going on a boost streak is fantastic. On multiple occasions I have found myself shouting like Han Solo going into hyper drive when it happens

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Imagine the PSP with more power coupled with the library the DS line grows. That's my hope

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

During the countdown in the middle of 2 start holding down A and you'll get a starting boost

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What are some good hard cases for the Switch? Is this one a good case?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can anyone recommend a decent screen protector? I know there's hori but I'm hoping for a glass one

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

I bet GC games are $12-15.

If this means I get Chibi Robo on the Switch worth it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder if Nintendo is having the team that did ports and ROMs for the NES classic do the VC for older games this time around since those are really nicely done

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I appreciate this link. This is crucial.

Also, what's the recommended, must have travel case for this thing? If somebody could provide an Amazon link, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm making my Wishlist so I know what's the best for when I get this thing.

I've been using this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...Srch&th=1&psc=1

However the GameStop I went to only had the Link version in stock. I'd much prefer to have the plain one with the little Switch logo in the middle

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo needs to release Animal Crossing on the Switch so I can let my life wither both on the go and at home while I do errands for little animal people and catch bugs

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I had a moment where the Switch went from this is neat to this could be something special. I took my Switch with me in handheld mode to my folks house and I realized if I get a spare dock and leave it at my family's vacation home all I have to bring the Switch itself and I can play stuff on the tv without having to cart everything around with me like a PC or another console. That'd be super cool and now I've just been thing of how drat versatile the thing is

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Samara posted:

So after Zelda what do you do with your Switch?

Trade it for Bitcoins

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Bleh moved my Switch to my main TV and since it's nearly on the other side of the house I'm getting a weak wifi signal. Guess it's time to invest in a range extender finally

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I'm really curious if Splatoon 2 keeps up the momentum or if it was a one-time phenomenon. Like is the market for a casual fresh shooter the same as it was two years ago?

Not even 5 million people played Splatoon 1 given the poor sales of the Wii U. Given both GameStop and Reggie have stated the Switch has been a really strong launch so far I imagine there's gonna be a lot of people who have never tried Splatoon doing so for the first time during this next test fire. They're gonna get to feel super fresh

ChocNitty posted:

But i'm concerned that online multiplayer for Fast RMX still is not working for me. If someone can confirm they are able to do online matches, let me know. I'm about to bring my switch to McDonalds, connect to their wifi, and use the kickstand and play it there like a nerd.

Online has worked for me but it's very bare bones. However they have already stated they're working on a patch to add more to online including being able to join races friends are playing

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 7, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

My tempered glass screen protector came... I'm psyching myself out to apply it. My understanding is unlike the plastic ones you can't peel up corners to catch stray dust you missed?

Apply it in a bathroom after the showers run on hot for a little bit. The humid air will keep dust out of the air

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ethanol posted:

I know people want new games but I still strongly desire a port of super Mario 3d world, that's a really fun game

Given the still incredibly small amount of WiiU users out there (something like 14 mil?) I would not be surprised if we see ports of all of the best WiiU software and really I'm hoping that happens cause there are some really good software on it that would be a shame to see forever stuck on a console that's already ceased it's entire production and which has so few out there already

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It's bringing that back and an actual battle mode and a few items like the feather

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

We are truly descended from apes.

(Replace the monolith with the Switch)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Man I just thought of how cool would a Samba de Amigo game would be using the joycons with HD Rumble would be

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reggie live on CBS this Morning showing off the Switch. Haven't seen a game console on there since the Wii

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reggie confirms on CBS This Morning: Link is hot

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Here's a Zelda spoiler for you: It's good.

Uh how can Zelda be good if there are so many 0 User score ratings on Metacritic?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Another shortcoming of the Switch's hardware has been found

it involves butts

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 12, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hmm my studies and tests have concluded that *shuffles papers around* the Switch is good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Everyone clamoring for a new Metroid Prime game seems to forget there was like one good Prime games and 2 and 3 were major slogs especially 2 while the two new donkey countries were ballin' and the second one improved every way on the first

Retro should be making a Chibi Robo sequel

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like Kass from the new Zelda cause he has a button accordion like me

Also when MK8D comes out weekly goon tournament where the top scoring goon of that week gets to decide the Switch thread title for the week

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

The profile timer can't be right, can it? Telling me 95 hours on Zelda. That doesn't sound right...

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I didn't realize LEGO City comes out at the start of next month. Gonna have to 100% it again :getin:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

That game is basically Grand Theft Lego, right?

It's a mix of every detective trope/action movie trope, GTA, and collectathon games

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The music that plays on the Splatoon2 launch screen is Pretty Fresh

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Milkman posted:

Is it still supply constrained over there too?

Yeah, it's pretty much sold out everywhere. Places are getting in trickles that sell out right away. Nintendo figured by the end of march they could reach 2 million units sold but current numbers, mid-March, puts total sold already at 1.5 million

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Light gun games could work on the Switch. The Wiimote plus and games that used it actually didn't use the IR camera for aiming but the gyro sensor instead, the IR camera was only used for starting calibration. The Joycons have a more advanced gyro sensor than the wiimote plus had so really all that would need to be done is have the player point the remote to the center of the screen and press a button for starting calibration and go from there. It might even be more comfortable as it wouldn't need to actually see the screen so you could actually play light gun games off center from your TV as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think the best thing about the food recipes in BotW is that they don't feel weird or arbitrary. The dishes that come from ingredients make sense and I've discovered recipes just by knowing how real dishes are made and that's pretty cool

• Locked thread