Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Have you ever watched a terrorist poop through a drone feed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

What kind of weird poo poo does The Activity even do?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'm a Vikings fan, it's been a few years since I could be excited about my team.

im a bills fan and im really feeling the same way tbh

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Two Finger posted:

like on a scale of chill to 2spooky how spooky was the poo poo you ran with jsoc

I seriously can't get into it. Sorry.

Reverand maynard posted:

Have you ever watched a terrorist poop through a drone feed?

Oh yes. A thousand times yes. :(

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im a bills fan and im really feeling the same way tbh

:suicide:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I seriously can't get into it. Sorry.

Oh yes. A thousand times yes. :(

Yeah I figured you wouldn't be able to. No worries man.

What's a Shim day look like these days and what did you really do with Spongebob on the Trail?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Two Finger posted:

Yeah I figured you wouldn't be able to. No worries man.

What's a Shim day look like these days and what did you really do with Spongebob on the Trail?

My VR&E counselor hosed me out of school this semester so I'm doing literally nothing.
It's interesting, but it's flipped my sleep schedule to 8pm-10am days.

My parents are college professors so when they're done with this semester we're gonna hike the AT for 2-3 weeks.

The AT hike me and SB did was loving awesome dude. It was a bitch physically because my pack was too big/heavy but we had a wild and fun time. My mother in law had life threatening health issues so we came off the trail.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
in my limited experience with a VRE counseler it seemed like a totally and completely bullshit hosed up program and I"m glad I have nothing to do with it

buddy of mine is doing it and wanted to change programs and VRE decided that he needed psych evals to support his decision. He is basically a 30 y/o freshmen in college, he must be mental to change his mind??@!??

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How many times did you ask that one chick for the "keys to the laundry room"?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

How much of your time working with JSOC was you telling some gently caress that doing support for a special ops unit doesn't make you an operator?

Also, how many times did you find yourself in some poo poo hole tent, so remote that you had to drive 40 miles just to get to what might qualify as no where, wondering why they needed you there?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shim if you could go back knowing what you know now, would you still enlist?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts by Funkadelic

YOu know what's up my friend.

Cheers :2bong:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
too bad shim was on too much acid and we didn't follow through with the drive through the usa drinking riot punch on drugs listening to dr john and funkadelic poo poo world tour 2017

shim your poo poo sounds crazy and you've been posting this poo poo since like the GBS military thread, pre-ask/tell and to be honest I still don't know WTF about you at this point

edit: back with the hockey mask av dude poo poo

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Shim if you could go back knowing what you know now, would you still enlist?

I didn't want to retire, that was kinda forced on me. I was a true blue lifer. So yeah I would. :ohdear:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Shim we know your thoughts on intel officers, but what do you think about enlisted intel airmen, and do you have differing opinions about them based on whether they're junior enlisted, NCOs, or SNCOs? Any particular stories?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

"LtCol J. Krusinski" posted:

They're very very good at what they do. But you already knew that.

Sorry, that was bad phrasing on my part. What I meant to ask was "What's the assessment and selection process like?"

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Deathy McDeath posted:

Sorry, that was bad phrasing on my part. What I meant to ask was "What's the assessment and selection process like?"

I can only speak towards the assessment and selection process for support personnel. Which is way less intensive but still pretty good vetting. Lots of psych interviews, boards, and tests. This was before I was broke brain so I did well.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So"likes anime/my little pony" isn't a go/no go box on the psych eval I guess

Except, maybe it is and it's just backwards :ohdear:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Softface posted:

Shim we know your thoughts on intel officers, but what do you think about enlisted intel airmen, and do you have differing opinions about them based on whether they're junior enlisted, NCOs, or SNCOs? Any particular stories?

It's all very assignment specific- you can go an entire career never leaving OSS intelligence flights as an enlisted man.

Let me think on this and give you a more coherent response later.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Did you ever get to pet any SMU's working dogs? :woof:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
indica or sativa?

What does it mean to be a Real American?

Do you still practice Judaism? Have you ever visited Israel? The wall? What did you write in your note to god?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
at what point can I smoke legal weed and still maintain my (now civilian) clearances. this is important. i don't know how much longer alcohol alone can sustain me through 2017

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Does intel get many of those completely pea-brained 'Police that moostache' style parade ground shouter NCOs or are more brains required?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

M_Gargantua posted:

at what point can I smoke legal weed and still maintain my (now civilian) clearances. this is important. i don't know how much longer alcohol alone can sustain me through 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

yeah so with him gone and mutli-state legalization going forward i'm hoping by the end of the year.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

M_Gargantua posted:

yeah so with him gone

Uh

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hey shim what does recuse mean?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Shim in your more educated opinion are we just seeing the start of the poo poo they have on trump? Any bets on how deep the rabbit hole goes?

If they have something truly explosive would they hold it back until they have swung public opinion first?

Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?

I can only speak towards the assessment and selection process for support personnel. Which is way less intensive but still pretty good vetting. Lots of psych interviews, boards, and tests. This was before I was broke brain so I did well.

Shim can you confirm that when the super long psych questionnaire they give asks you ""Do you beat your wife?" for the fourth time the only proper answer is, "She's not my wife".

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

M_Gargantua posted:

Probably not within your lifetime. In the eyes of the fed, it's still a crime. A med card will get you rejected on a Brady-style background check for CCW permit, ffs.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

DownByTheWooter posted:

Do you still practice Judaism? Have you ever visited Israel? The wall? What did you write in your note to god?

Follow up to this.. Will you help me rebuild the Temple?

Its literally my number 1 goal in life.

Goatschach posted:

Shim can you confirm that when the super long psych questionnaire they give asks you ""Do you beat your wife?" for the fourth time the only proper answer is, "She's not my wife".

I wasn't in intel, but I got either their psych questionnaire or they just use the same one for anyone going into EOD/getting a TS/for reasons. I can confirm that the correct answer to any question being repeated past the 3rd time is to just not get visibly angry. What you actually pick isn't important.*

* - Do not take this answer seriously. Jesus loving christ, do not ever joke around with Psych evals wether written or in person.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Jaguars! posted:

Does intel get many of those completely pea-brained 'Police that moostache' style parade ground shouter NCOs or are more brains required?

Marine Corps only answer: First Sergeants and Sgt Majors are not MOS specific. You can be in any unit and have an Admin fuckup assigned to your unit. Thus the chickenshit fuckery is evenly distributed. Despite the tropes thrown about here they are actually self-aware and hate themselves. Their wives have hosed around on them and they are categorically alcoholics or recovering alcoholic christians. When we grew out our facial hair our first sergeant literally developed an Ambien addiction and solely wore PT uniform items for the few hours he was awake and functional.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Shim, any thoughts on Task Force Violence?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

suboptimal posted:

Did you ever get to pet any SMU's working dogs? :woof:

One time I put on the "dog suit" and got taken down by the dogs. Those mofos are brutal.

DownByTheWooter posted:

indica or sativa?

What does it mean to be a Real American?

Shatter, any strain will do. About 3-4 grams a week.

I haven't been to temple in about 4 years.

Yes, yes, and "Sorry I gently caress things up" was in my my note to god.

M_Gargantua posted:

Still illegal federally. Sorry. :(

Jaguars! posted:

They exist. Certainly. But they seemed more rare than other communities.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hey shim what does recuse mean?

$40 extra upfront and you can't get any in her eyes.

Two Finger posted:

Shim in your more educated opinion are we just seeing the start of the poo poo they have on trump? Any bets on how deep the rabbit hole goes?

If they have something truly explosive would they hold it back until they have swung public opinion first?

I can't begin to imagine how deep the hole goes. Due to the nature of politics as is they could have something explosively bad and he's still gonna have 30%-40% popular support.

That's the scary part.

The truly scary part.

Goatschach posted:

"Only in front of the kids to assert my Alpha Male status in the pride."

Miloshe posted:

Shim, any thoughts on Task Force Violence?

The MARSOC guys that are accused of revenge killings and the like?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Did you have sexual relations with that woman?

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

The MARSOC guys that are accused of revenge killings and the like?

March 4th, no revenge killings. A court of inquiry was held. Just wondering if you remember hearing about it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Miloshe posted:

March 4th, no revenge killings. A court of inquiry was held. Just wondering if you remember hearing about it.

I remember hearing that the first MARSOC deployment was a motherfucking nightmare. That's the limits to my MARSOC knowledge. They were a very new player on the scene as I was leaving the community.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

what browser do you use

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Safari.. don't judge me. It works well on a Mac. And is full featured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

I remember hearing that the first MARSOC deployment was a motherfucking nightmare.

Top to bottom. Stay sane, brother.

• Locked thread