Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I'm gonna guess pulling Lucifer was good

Very good. Light is one of the strongest elements, and a light team will nearly always want to use Lucifer as the main or support summon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yay, I pulled SSR Albert too so I guess I'm off to a good start for Light :3:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

sayonara bye bye

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

alright

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Friend of mine started an account at the beginning of the event. He now has Orchid, Lady Grey, Odin, Anthuria, Morrigna, and he just got SSR Ferry and Grani today.

That's... a good start.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 3, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, my initial account, which I started about a week and a half before the event, currently has Juliet, Zeta, and Lennah - along with a single Hades summon - as legitimate pulls, plus a Sara from the pinboard SSR character ticket. Meanwhile, one of the alts I started up for the even now has Zeta, Marquiares, Lucio and Percival - along with a single Zeus summon - and I've unsurprisingly not gotten around to doing the pinboard for the alt yet (so there's at least one more guaranteed SSR character there). Seriously debating switching accounts given those last two especially, but the effort I've put into the event... :( Thoughts? Just wait till the event is over and see what's shaken out at that point?

Other rolled alts would be:
-De la Fille (that's it)
-Carmelina, Lancelot, Katalina
-Charlotta, Seruel, Narmaya + Twin Elements
-Charlotta, Nezahualpilli, Zeta(Dark)

For reference, initial account has also dumped 6000 crystals into draws this event, as opposed to none on the alts (unsurprisingly). So technically all the alts have two more pulls at some point in the future as well that are done with for the initial.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 3, 2017

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

Well, my initial account, which I started about a week and a half before the event, currently has Juliet, Zeta, and Lennah - along with a single Hades summon - as legitimate pulls, plus a Sara from the pinboard SSR character ticket. Meanwhile, one of the alts I started up for the even now has Zeta, Marquiares, Lucio and Percival - along with a single Zeus summon - and I've unsurprisingly not gotten around to doing the pinboard for the alt yet (so there's at least one more guaranteed SSR character there). Seriously debating switching accounts given those last two especially, but the effort I've put into the event... :( Thoughts? Just wait till the event is over and see what's shaken out at that point?

Other rolled alts would be:
-De la Fille (that's it)
-Carmelina, Lancelot, Katalina
-Charlotta, Seruel, Narmaya + Twin Elements
-Charlotta, Nezahualpilli, Zeta(Dark)

For reference, initial account has also dumped 6000 crystals into draws this event, as opposed to none on the alts (unsurprisingly). So technically all the alts have two more pulls at some point in the future as well that are done with for the initial.

I would go with the Lucio/Zeus account, personally. Lucio is awesome and hard to get, and Zeus enables some bonkers extreme late game builds with chev swords (tough to get, but farmable) and is even harder to get than Lucio. Percy is also top tier for fire.

Hades is great, but requires a willingness to spend $$$, and Juliet is very good but surprise ticketable.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Well my free draws got me nothing but Zalhemina so far, which is disappointing. I won't complain however because my magna luck has been pretty good so far picking up three tiamat guns and a couple gauntlets to round out my wind grid.

I still got a really sparse bench for wind characters, though, so I guess I'm going to find out if Korwa can carry a bunch of wind SRs in Xeno Vohu in a couple of weeks. Hahahahahah of course she can

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

after getting 4 zeta spears i spite-rolled and got vampy-chan so gently caress yeah eat a dick granblue.

now i have two dark SSRs. and i could MLB her spear. :v:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
It's not a great spear, in case you were tempted.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
I would like everyone to know that on this day, after nearly a year of playing, I pulled my 3rd carbuncle. It's even one that I didn't have already!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I found out that you can switch to Nicholas on the front page and get the Robomi theme song so I broke out Event Soriz and sure enough soiya song started playing. If only it was the lyrical version for maximum manly man singing ahoy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you have the idol costume on Vira you get the idol song.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
and if you have the idol costume on Cag you get the good song.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

nftyw posted:

I found out that you can switch to Nicholas on the front page and get the Robomi theme song so I broke out Event Soriz and sure enough soiya song started playing. If only it was the lyrical version for maximum manly man singing ahoy

Soriz event rerun needs to happen, then. C'mon Cygames, you know you've got some schedule spot you need to fill.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

JTDistortion posted:

I would like everyone to know that on this day, after nearly a year of playing, I pulled my 3rd carbuncle. It's even one that I didn't have already!

meanwhile, in one of the extra accounts I made for the anniversary event:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I am back again after hemming and hawing over what to do with suptix and planning my future out. I've pretty much narrowed it down to one choice per element that isn't water (because I don't need more water units). So I'd like to input and to see if I'm on the right track or if people have better ideas. I am asking these questions independent of the current state of my grids, but I will say Wind is my second most developed grid after water.

Dark: Considering Vira. I expect people to come in and say 'get vira'. I have SSR Kat for the back line, who is so loving good that seeing her pop into the front is completely fine by me. I have Vampy and Zeta. I also have Elize and Lucius for SRs. Right now I could play DF/Vira/Vampy/Zeta, then I can pick up Six in the longer term, move Zeta to the back line and run DF/Vira/Vampy/Six. This seems like a pretty solid team lineup.

Fire: Considering Yuel. I have Percival, Aoidos and Aliza. I also have Sen and Sutera for SRs. DF/Yuel/Percival/Aoidos seems good, though I don't really have a way to protect Aoidos in non-raid stuff. Ont he other hand, if the entire point of me raising fire is to have a competent grid/team to beat Wind targets, Aliza fits right in. I don't want to e-sports with fire, just develop it for fighting really hard wind stuff.

Earth: Considering Hallessena. I have Tezcat, Ayer, Sara, Catherine, and Aletheia. I also have Gayne and Jamil for SRs. DF/Ayer/Hallessena/Catherine (or Korwa?) would be a solid Tezcat team, and between Catherine's charms and Blind from DF I could probably protect Hallessena/Ayer. If I ever end up with Mahira, there's a perfect spot for her right where Cathy is hanging out. Razia also looks really good in Halle's spot, as per Escape's suggestion last thread.

Wind: Considering Gawain. I have JK, Korwa, Carmelina and Lennah. I also have Sutera. MC class would be anything that uses a dagger, obviously. Gawain is just good, I don't know what else to say. MC/Gawain/Korwa would be the core, with the other characters for niche purposes. Sutera for damage filler until I get another Wind attacker. I was considering making Siete, but I feel like micromanaging his stupid buff every turn would get mind numbing. Eej would probably tell me to make Nio (and I do have an ele-changed Harp).

Light: Considering Juliet, though discord yelled at me to pick Ferry. I have Amira, Sophia, and Korwa. And I guess summer DLF but who cares about her? I also have Feather. The main reason I looked at Juliet over Ferry is because I have Korwa, and I know she can fit in here too. MC/Amira/Korwa/Juliet feels like a good base, even if Korwa's just there for an off-element buffer. Would picking up Juliet over Ferry be that much of a mistake? If I picked Ferry it'd be MC/Amira/Ferry/Feather, which is also probably a very competent team since Feather punches above his weight.

My Water team needs nothing because it's well developed and it is my current go-to for beating up stuff.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/5xmd93/granblue_fantasy_anniversary_stream_thread/dej6u4p/

they gave us some real good poo poo too.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ahahaha, what the hell is up with the the part 2 battle in Lucio's second fate episode? Sure, let's go from two ~50-60,000 hp enemies in the first battle, to one with I'm pretty sure is somewhere north of 1 million (possibly 2) in the second.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yeah... that difficulty jump is not unusual. It's not all the time, but it happens often enough that it doesn't surprise me.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Its more notable in limited story SSRs released more recently since theres big poo poo that goes down further in the story chapters.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I guess I just hadn't come across one like that yet then. I'd done second fate episodes for few other SSRs (Zeta, Sara, Percival), with them all being around the same difficulty, so it was something of a shock.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Space Flower posted:

humans all turned into cerulean stones after failing to draw their granblue waifu before the limited period ended

i guess now is not the time to mention that i just pulled izmir in the free 10, right?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
2/10 already have. isn't even Erin.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Space Flower posted:

2/10 already have. isn't even Erin.

i got sr erin too why?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
New player here. I just pulled SSR Ferry and Izmir after pulling nothing but 9 Rs and 1 SR during this event. Should I burn these free 6k crystals on Light rate up day or does it really not matter this early into the game?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Trihugger posted:

New player here. I just pulled SSR Ferry and Izmir after pulling nothing but 9 Rs and 1 SR during this event. Should I burn these free 6k crystals on Light rate up day or does it really not matter this early into the game?

Legfest will get you more of everything and is a much better idea early on. For now, just gather up crystals from story and special battles.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
What would be a good target for a damascus bar?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Stelas posted:

Legfest will get you more of everything and is a much better idea early on. For now, just gather up crystals from story and special battles.

Ok, sounds good. I'll just let the free pulls determine what gacha rng decides I get.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I've gotten Korwa and Gawain this last week so add in the Feena I've had for a while now and I guess I have a decent start for a wind team. Praying hard for Ferry on Light day though so that my light team can essentially be whole.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
So far daily 10 rolls haven't been as amazing as what I pulled last year, but gotten orchid, kat, and gilgamesh which leaves me pretty happy overall. Think I'm just messing Eugen, Io, and Lecia for the full storyline SSR cast(Lucio don't count!).

nftyw posted:

What would be a good target for a damascus bar?

Chev swords, crimson fingers, gislas, and if theres gacha weapons that catch your fancy? I blew one on a xeno iffy axe since I didn't want to wait 5 months and wanted to be set for wind GW :v:.

I'd keep some dama crystals/bars on hand till the 5* GW reveal.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 6, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Drakes posted:

So far daily 10 rolls haven't been as amazing as what I pulled last year, but gotten orchid, kat, and gilgamesh which leaves me pretty happy overall. Think I'm just messing Eugen, Io, and Lecia for the full storyline SSR cast(Lucio don't count!).

Chev swords, crimson fingers, gislas, and if theres gacha weapons that catch your fancy? I blew one on a xeno iffy axe since I didn't want to wait 5 months and wanted to be set for wind GW :v:.

I'd keep some dama crystals/bars on hand till the 5* GW reveal.

I.... I think 2 Limited Characters and a Summon is a perfectly amazing thing from free daily pulls.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Its pretty good but not whatirolledlastyear good, now that was Goood.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Die.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Percy, Odin, Grey, Rosetta, Baha.

Never forgetting that! And god dammit with the weapon skin changes I'm leaning into throwing money for the vee weapons from grandblues.

I need this harp.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All my Ougis will be the Sausage Axe Ougi.

EDIT: Or Silva's Gun, which still has the coolest Ougi I've seen so far.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Drakes posted:

Percy, Odin, Grey, Rosetta, Baha.

Never forgetting that! And god dammit with the weapon skin changes I'm leaning into throwing money for the vee weapons from grandblues.

I need this harp.

Your pull this year was better than your pull last year though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God I want Orchid so much.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Hate-Senpai posted:

God I want Orchid so much.

The freaking police car emoji!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU