Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Eej posted:

Your pull this year was better than your pull last year though.

Eh Orchid is the only one I really like outta this years pulls, Kat is good too but I'm not deep into water right now. Last year I basically pulled a dark starter set with baha/grey and 2 dark SRs, then Rosetta being awesome for breezing through solo stuff while Percy does Percy things.

Orchid is reeeallly nice through, shes like a weird variant of Six that manages better against multi-target attacks or spammy low dmg ougi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Drakes posted:

Eh Orchid is the only one I really like outta this years pulls, Kat is good too but I'm not deep into water right now.

I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT YOUR WATER POOL IS SHALLOW.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT YOUR WATER POOL IS SHALLOW.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Discord is not safe.
Forums are not safe.
:ohdear:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's what I live for.

Speaking of Water, my daily 10-pull got me my first non-Renown Gold Moon as I pulled Silva's Gun.

Silva was my first SSR, rerolled 17 times to get her.

And she was updated recently.

Game's telling me to build Water with my single Water SSR character and 2 Levi Daggers.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Game's telling me to build Water with my single Water SSR character and 2 Levi Daggers.

Water has good SRs though. Katalina is definitely usable, both story and summer versions. Lyria will be water if you are, and she's a great buffer, or you can use Phoebe+Morphe for that... But if you have both Kat and Lyria you've got a fair amount of healing.

Mina, Erin, event Lily, Anastasia, and Rin Shibuya are all servicable choices, too, but your front line is probably better off being Silva, Kat, Lyria.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Zep won't play his starter girl with his favorite Katalina and Shiburin. Pretty hosed up.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'd looked at this game a while ago, forgot about it, and remembered it again. Made a Mobage account earlier today, installed the chrome app, and now it's not letting me log in but I dunno what this thing is telling me is wrong? I know I'm typing in my password and that security code correctly. Someone help me not be stupid

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raitzeno posted:

Water has good SRs though. Katalina is definitely usable, both story and summer versions. Lyria will be water if you are, and she's a great buffer, or you can use Phoebe+Morphe for that... But if you have both Kat and Lyria you've got a fair amount of healing.

Mina, Erin, event Lily, Anastasia, and Rin Shibuya are all servicable choices, too, but your front line is probably better off being Silva, Kat, Lyria.

I'm mainly too busy building up Light and Wind and Dirt and Dark right now.

Dirt's serviceable, since I can solo Extreme+ GW when on-element, which is all that I ask for, really.

Though I guess my next mission is being able to auto Extreme for Xeno stuff, and do Maniacs with the above elements.

Hence why Wind is my priority and Water is far less of a priority, because Xeno Ifrit already passed.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

S.J. posted:

I'd looked at this game a while ago, forgot about it, and remembered it again. Made a Mobage account earlier today, installed the chrome app, and now it's not letting me log in but I dunno what this thing is telling me is wrong? I know I'm typing in my password and that security code correctly. Someone help me not be stupid

The chrome app is... weird. Logging in seems to be kind of strange. I'd recomment just trying to use the browser version at game.granbluefantasy.jp or going through DMM instead.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Irisize posted:

The chrome app is... weird. Logging in seems to be kind of strange. I'd recomment just trying to use the browser version at game.granbluefantasy.jp or going through DMM instead.

And the tutorial is only English up to a point, fun :v:

Or the website just hosed up and reverted back to Japanese.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 6, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
?

The tutorial is completely in English from what I recall.

EDIT: You are talking about the story portion, right?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hate-Senpai posted:

?

The tutorial is completely in English from what I recall.

EDIT: You are talking about the story portion, right?

Yeah. I got through the part of the tutorial right after you beat the Hydra, then everything went back to Japanese. Looks like my client reset or something, I had to reset back to English once I got back to the main page.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
A bunch of my friends that are new to gbf also complained about it turning back to Japanese after a certain point in the tutorial.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I tried it yesterday on the Chrome browser/website thing and it swapped to Japanese as soon as I got to the first tutorial battle, so I just crossed out. No account made or whatever if that influences it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My only issue with GBF is that it constantly sends me back to the Main Page every once in a while.

Also that I can't force a robot to play Poker for me.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
They did do a revamp of the tutorial so there is the possibility that the new stuff is not translated and of course the vets aren't going to be able to check that for them.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

My only issue with GBF is that it constantly sends me back to the Main Page every once in a while.

Also that I can't force a robot to play Poker for me.

gently caress Poker. I've uncapped Anat like once and cannot bring myself to grind poker more.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i just play it w/ anime on once a month for like 10m or so

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PrinnySquadron posted:

gently caress Poker. I've uncapped Anat like once and cannot bring myself to grind poker more.

I just used the Poker Bot back when it was usable and left it on while watching JoJo Part 3.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Poker bot was a lifesaver when it was alive but vegetating while doing it manually wasn't a soul-crushing as I thought it was going to be

Bingo is self-torture though

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

While getting a Bahamut Nova weapon for free as an effective beginner is apparently incredibly great, holy hell was that a long fight for one that's effectively a glorified cutscene (what with unique start-of-fight buff giving massive health regen and stopping lethal damage).

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

I've started playing recently (just hit rank 40 today) and really liking it so far. Any crews with EU goons/EU friendly strike hours?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Koth posted:

While getting a Bahamut Nova weapon for free as an effective beginner is apparently incredibly great, holy hell was that a long fight for one that's effectively a glorified cutscene (what with unique start-of-fight buff giving massive health regen and stopping lethal damage).

There's a trophy you can get for ending the fight in 3 turns

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

nftyw posted:

There's a trophy you can get for ending the fight in 3 turns

Can you replay it?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, theres a tab with the cleared episodes that you can use to replay cleared event missions but most people dont ever need or want to replay them usually. 3 turns to burn 10 million hp.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I have no idea which bahamut weapon to pick. Maybe the sword since most of my better characters are human?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh Snapple! posted:

I have no idea which bahamut weapon to pick. Maybe the sword since most of my better characters are human?

get the dagger

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Dagger is human buffs. Sword is Human/Draph.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

sword is fine once you ssr it, but dagger is preferred since pure damage > hybrid for the vast majority of the early game

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

From what I understand, the dagger's also the best, as opposed to say the spear, since it will eventually upgrade to cover both Humans and Erune, which represent a huge portion of the best characters.

On a different note, I've got two alts shaping up relatively nicely if someone might be interested in one. I'll at least maintain them until the end of the celebration, but after that I'll probably just be ignoring them until something big comes around.

First one currently has Agni(summon), Carmelina, Lancelot, Katalina and Vania. Rolling both Lancelot and Katalina here seems like it would be a decent start for a Water team, and Vania's really good too.

Second one simply has a bunch of decent rolls, though no real coherency. Twin Elements(summon), Shiva(summon), Charlotta, Seruel, Narmaya and Sara.

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

From what I understand, the dagger's also the best, as opposed to say the spear, since it will eventually upgrade to cover both Humans and Erune, which represent a huge portion of the best characters.

On a different note, I've got two alts shaping up relatively nicely if someone might be interested in one. I'll at least maintain them until the end of the celebration, but after that I'll probably just be ignoring them until something big comes around.

First one currently has Agni(summon), Carmelina, Lancelot, Katalina and Vania. Rolling both Lancelot and Katalina here seems like it would be a decent start for a Water team, and Vania's really good too.

Second one simply has a bunch of decent rolls, though no real coherency. Twin Elements(summon), Shiva(summon), Charlotta, Seruel, Narmaya and Sara.

Those are both absolute top tier alts and anyone thinking of starting up now should absolutely take one.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Man, for a new account, this Harbinger of Trials fight is boring as poo poo. If they're going to make a fight into a glorified cutscene which you can't lose (unless your app freezes and you have to reload and it wipes the buff ... ask me how I know that can happen), they could at least not make it take two hours to kill for newer players.

Anyway, speaking of new players, I set up a number of accounts at the start of the anniversary celebration festival and have been recording the SSRs each got. I'd appreciate more experienced eyes looking over the list and telling me which is the best account to keep. I've been playing #16 on the list:

laith_rem
May 9, 2015

Zurai posted:

Man, for a new account, this Harbinger of Trials fight is boring as poo poo. If they're going to make a fight into a glorified cutscene which you can't lose (unless your app freezes and you have to reload and it wipes the buff ... ask me how I know that can happen), they could at least not make it take two hours to kill for newer players.

Anyway, speaking of new players, I set up a number of accounts at the start of the anniversary celebration festival and have been recording the SSRs each got. I'd appreciate more experienced eyes looking over the list and telling me which is the best account to keep. I've been playing #16 on the list:

16 seems good to keep going on.

7 is another great choice if you want to play light.

the other accounts are okay but not critical? 2 seems decent enough because yoda/athena but not enough to not play 16/7

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks. The Zeta-Dark/Orchid account picked up Vania via the 4th pinboard SSR ticket and that seemed like a pretty obviously great party to stick with. I'll probably play the 7 account a bit too now that you point it out; I didn't realize both 9.5s were the same element there. And looking at their skillsets on the wiki, I can see why they're rated so high, too.

Here's a followup question, then: Assuming I keep Zeta/Orchid/Vania as my primary account and I'm not opposed to using the beginner $$$ draw to grab a specific summon (since I have literally-jack for summons on that account), would it be a good idea to grab one and if so which would be best? I can't get Bahamut or that'd be the obvious choice and I'm not firm enough on the mechanics to know whether the extra utility and synergy with Orchid that Dark Angel Olivia provides is better than the increased raw damage most of the other Dark summons do.

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Zurai posted:

Thanks. The Zeta-Dark/Orchid account picked up Vania via the 4th pinboard SSR ticket and that seemed like a pretty obviously great party to stick with. I'll probably play the 7 account a bit too now that you point it out; I didn't realize both 9.5s were the same element there. And looking at their skillsets on the wiki, I can see why they're rated so high, too.

Here's a followup question, then: Assuming I keep Zeta/Orchid/Vania as my primary account and I'm not opposed to using the beginner $$$ draw to grab a specific summon (since I have literally-jack for summons on that account), would it be a good idea to grab one and if so which would be best? I can't get Bahamut or that'd be the obvious choice and I'm not firm enough on the mechanics to know whether the extra utility and synergy with Orchid that Dark Angel Olivia provides is better than the increased raw damage most of the other Dark summons do.

You're going to want to use Celeste as your primary summon for a dark grid and that is farmable. We are also likely getting a surprise ticket soon, which is the same as your start dash minus limiteds (assuming you started during legfest).

If I were you, I would save your beginner ticket and not use it right now. When we get the surprise ticket (likely next week), use it on Vira, Narmaya, or dark Jeanne. Save your beginner ticket for a limited for another grid - probably Lucio, Kat, Anila, or Eugen. It'll come back every month or so - ignore the stuff about having to buy it in the first few days.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

NJ Deac posted:

You're going to want to use Celeste as your primary summon for a dark grid and that is farmable. We are also likely getting a surprise ticket soon, which is the same as your start dash minus limiteds (assuming you started during legfest).

If I were you, I would save your beginner ticket and not use it right now. When we get the surprise ticket (likely next week), use it on Vira, Narmaya, or dark Jeanne. Save your beginner ticket for a limited for another grid - probably Lucio, Kat, Anila, or Eugen. It'll come back every month or so - ignore the stuff about having to buy it in the first few days.

Awesome, thanks. I knew there were farmable summons but didn't know which or how good they were (I have the basic Tiamat but obviously that's not exactly helping my Dark team much). And yeah, I wasn't planning to spend any cash yet, I know the beginner thing comes back every month until you use it, and I want to be sure I'm going to stick with the game before I shell out cash on it. If I'm still playing in a month, I'll probably be in for the long haul, so I was planning to just wait til then. I now have some ideas of things to aim for, which helps a lot.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
If anyone is just starting out, but missed the start of the event, I rolled up 5 starter accounts.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SCF361y_MV_PlVEuw5OP20Yk9P4n4rklMfhXCKCmn_8/edit?usp=sharing

Hop in Discord if you want to use any of them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just got Korwa and Korwa (Gold Moon) from today's free pull.

That puts me at 6 SSRs (2 Gold Moons) out of 70 free pulls.

I'm happy.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ah man I was illiterate and didn't realize the free 10-parts were only going through a part of these fan-favorite summons :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ah man I was illiterate and didn't realize the free 10-parts were only going through a part of these fan-favorite summons :(

Yeah, I'd forgotten that as well.

Along with intending on using the free 10-roll from yesterday on the Wind rate boost, and then eventually forgetting and doing the rolls regardless. :(

Incidentally, is there a reason to hold onto the 3rd Birthday tickets, or just use them since they appear on the Rupie/Other page, which I don't think is subject to boosts?

• Locked thread