Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

i actually got a mailer for this election so apparently i live here and could actually vote!

can someone cut to the chase and tell me if the democrats running are neoliberal fuckheads or if they are amenable to supporting a platform like single payer or universal college education

His website makes it seem like his platform is the same as hillary's, I think that's part of the reason why dems have poured so much money in and nothing to the berniecrats

This

quote:

Jon studied under Madeleine Albright and former Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren as an undergraduate at Georgetown University.
does not give me too much hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Please just vote for the lovely Dem, as I personally think it would be cool if my parents' health insurance premiums didn't double and the House is very close on the issue. Thanks, in advance.

Introduce them to accelerationism :unsmigghh:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

John "Albright was right to kill those starving children" Ossof

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Azathoth posted:

I'm not sure why you think that this concession is the safest one he could make. As someone who lives in a Republican district, but who has a Democratic House rep (MN-1), I'd argue that it's actually one of the more politically controversial concessions to progressivism he could make.

I recently attended a town hall with my rep, and there was a group of about a dozen of us who wrote up questions in advance and went out to put him on the record on a bunch of progressive issues, and the only one that we didn't get full-throated support on was single-payer, with his wording being something like "I'll support it if we get there as a country, but I'm not convinced that it's a better solution than fixing what is broken about the ACA".

It was disheartening, but I'm not going to let it detract from the fact that he agrees with me on immigration reform, tax reform, preventing voter suppression, not cutting social spending to pay for military spending, not invading Syria, fully supporting Planned Parenthood, and not paying for Trump's border wall.

I should point out that the Republican who ran to replace him the last two elections, would likely have voted for Ryan's healthcare plan and would likely be with the Republicans on all those issues.

democrat politicians think that americans are more right wing than they actually are
its not controversial at all, your rep is just a coward

• Locked thread