Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Elephanthead posted:

Won't this guy lose badly in the run off? I mean Georgia is still full of Georgians right? (Like my wives Grandma and relatives).

unless there's a major shift his worst case currently is to narrowly lose the runoff which while obviously not good the fact that the republicans are eating themselves this bad is an interesting omen

Vox Nihili posted:

tho honestly Ossoff doesn't really look that bad

anti-citizens united, anti-intervention, pro-choice, etc. is pretty decent for Georgia

Ossoff is fine, he's just an incredibly generic cute young democrat with a platform copied and pasted from the national website. Still, a generic fine dem is better than a georgia republican no matter what.

sexpig by night has issued a correction as of 23:38 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Venuz Patrol posted:

showing off ossoff's han solo cosplay was seriously the dumbest possible thing the gop could have done

"Do you want THIS to be your representative? This guy once dressed up as a cool guy from Star Wars to make a dumb movie when he was young!" ~ Paid for by some old dude who's never seen a movie that wasn't about a soldier in the last 30 years

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

or at least till they stop deliberately stabbing non-establishment candidates in the back like they did in ks-04

The dude in Montana is getting support isn't he?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

DDHQ guy just said it's now at 50.1%. will probably finish at around 47%.

sounds right.

I think people are being too negative about the runoff though. The number two is at fuckin 18 something. If Trump tries to tie himself to her it could be a genuine issue with a county that is very much the traditional republican crowd. They won't flip, but they may just fuckin stay home. If we can keep our base energized this isn't some death sentence.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Well you can basically add up all the GOP numbers and Dem numbers and get a near-wash. Final number tonight will mean a lot, it's going to be a game of inches in the run-off.

Oh yea it's gonna be tight and drive us all to stress drink as usual, just saying it's less a 'well gently caress way to botch it' and more 'yep, we're getting the tight race we expected, PLEASE don't gently caress this up dems'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HorseRenoir posted:

It's going to settle at 48% which is fine and more than I expected in the first place. Done know why everyone is so convinced that a runoff would be a death sentence for Ossoff, Handel is a weak candidate and Ossoff is consistently polling tied or slightly above her in a runoff. His winning margin wouldn't be huge, but he has a really good shot at winning a runoff

the biggest problem most seem to have (that isn't just generic doomsaying) is that they're not wild about being in a situation where they kinda need to rely more on depressed opposition than anything else. If the magical ~uniting the party~ does happen and the republicans show up in good numbers he's hosed, but if Handel is too toxic to be rallied behind (lol I was reminded she's the breast cancer scam lunatic) Ossoff just needs to keep his supporters amped up and ready.

You never WANT to be in a situation where your best shot is if the other guy fucks up, basically, but yea it's very much a winnable race for him barring something nuts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Seems small, but very hard."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Agean90 posted:

im the "delete all votes" card lol

powerful card to keep in your deck, really shows this player was ready for some clutch situations, even if they're not common.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
not a bad place to be in going into the runoff though. Bummed he couldn't just win it, but he still has odds of taking the runoff and that was the normal expectation for him to be at right now anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Concerned Citizen posted:

this is true, also i think voting twice requires a level of enthusiasm that the gop may not be able to muster. moreover, handel has to consolidate support from a lot of candidates - including diehard trumpers that hate her for distancing herself from the donald. the blanket election was basically 50/50 between dems and gop, the run-off could go either way even if handel consolidates support perfectly.

yea this is, I think, the key factor. The democrats have to 'consolidate' a tiny amount of voters not already on Han Solo's train most all of whom agree 'well yea better than a Republican'. Handel has to unify a base that includes a lot of flavors of crazy that hate the others

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

you have me

you lost me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

also please dont attribute a democratic shift to anything clinton did. that is much more attributable to significant demographic shifts due to more tech jobs in the area

clinton absolutely exploited those shifts faster than we expected especially in georgia of all places.

the problem was she did it while ignoring the goddamn rust belt but hey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Sanders making a meaningless endorsement weeks late on something after he's already poisoned the well?! :monocle:

i have a spoiler for you, him endorsing and hopefully helping the campaign matters more than him answering a lovely question with 'eh not every democrat is a progressive I'd say'.

The Jews DO need to stop poisoning our precious wells, though!!!

• Locked thread