Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Why does it seem some districts were created in 2012 in georgia that previously didn't exist? Like the district samantha bee did a special on. https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_House_of_Representatives_District_131

How many of there like these are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

it was probably found to be a violation of the voting rights act and they were forced to redraw it
So were more districts added , cut out from larger districts?

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'm pretty sure georgia house district 131 existed prior to 2012? i suspect it looked a lot different since the dems gerrymandered the map in 2000 very hard

okay theres just no wiki or ballot pedia on it that lets me know who was winning it before 2012 , maybe i could look somewhere else

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

G-Hawk posted:

Ossoff's single payer answer is because he (almost certainly correctly) believes the voters in the district he is trying to represent do not want single payer. It is a very high income(one of the highest in the country) district that leans republican. It isn't because of "the donor class", particularly given his donor support has overwhelmingly been the small donor base. It isn't because he personally doesn't support single payer, and I think he would likely support it in the event of an actual vote. It is because it isn't a good issue to run on in the georgia 6th because the vast majority of voters are not left wing. He probably could have phrased his answer better.

What do they have to lose from single payer?

• Locked thread