Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
good luck to the freshly scrubbed overachiever young dem

hope nobody takes it too bad when he loses by 10 points to the zaxby's chicken mascot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
:10bux: will just sentence you to endless dnc fundraising emails

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
one of the big problems in southern states is the realignment process downticket was much more gradual which left what remained of the old dem money machines fighting over dwindling resources and where they've sprung up fighting with the new dem coalitions over policy and direction instead of preparing for the current situation

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SirPhoebos posted:

I too would like to know how the Democratic party let things get so dire that "contest every seat in congress" seems to be a novel idea. I can understand how poo poo like 9/11 or the Tea Party movement can blindside strategists, but it just seems so baffling that a national organization could allow it's infrastructure to atrophy to such an extent and over such a long a period.

there's not one democratic party, there's the national party that's mostly concerned with fundraising for the presidency and the dscc/dccc that deal with congressional fundraising

then there's the 50 state parties and however many county and city orgs that recruit candidates, along with various individual donors and related groups. some of them are in good shape, others not so much. and that's why you get a lot of uncontested races

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Please just vote for the lovely Dem

this needs to be the party's new slogan

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

The dude in Montana is getting support isn't he?

the dccc leadership until about a week ago wasn't even aware there was a special election in montana

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the only thing you can point to there in ossof's favor is the partisan breakdown relative to 2016

also

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/853054306349719557

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

well the composition of the unaffiliateds is pretty important, but the thing there is that in GA the unaffiliated = people who have never participated in a primary before.

pretty sure that's just listing which primary someone voted in last if they did so, not party affiliation overall

ga is an open primary state

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

yes that's what i was saying

sounded like you were saying that people who've never voted in a primary are considered unaffiliated in ga which is ridiculous

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo, if we lose we should at least go down fighting

this but literally

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

ossoff doesn't strike me as a smoothbrain neolib, or at least not as extreme of one as some of the complete fuckers that they've thrown to the fire. he's no james thompson though

there's a factory that pumps out freshly scrubbed go-getter 30 year olds with no discernible personality or ideology to run in local elections

Xenoveritas posted:

Your only hope for him to lose is that Republicans, some of the most reliable voters, stay at home, while Democrats, who rarely if at all ever vote in anything that isn't a Presidential election, show up again.

Sure, he might not lose. I wouldn't put money on it though.

just wanna have a little chuckle at this again

this is true, also i think voting twice requires a level of enthusiasm that the gop may not be able to muster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

• Locked thread