Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

This is how the GOP is coming after Ossoff:

A GOP Super PAC already launched an attack on Ossoff trying to frame him as an entitled frat boy with no experience, and they claim they "... [have] more coming that is being prepped against Ossoff":

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/02/518136415/attack-ad-marks-new-era-for-millennials-running-for-office

He also doesn't live in the district currently (he grew up there and currently lives 10 minutes south of it) but plans to move back into it as soon as his girlfriend finishes med school at Emory. They moved there so she could walk to classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

How does that seem promising? It seems like it suggests the GOP has more support than Ossoff. You're kidding yourself if you think that 100% of supporters for other democrats will vote for Ossoff. The democrats seem to be looking at a tea party-type problem here: democratic primary voters want a liberal, but a liberal may not be able to beat the Republican.

I can't read the link because the site is down but if Ossoff is being sandbagged by a few Democrats, then the total Democratic share of the vote is higher than just his 41%. There is also the hope that Trump will be so toxic by the general election date that Republicans will actually defect like they did in '06 and he wouldn't need a lot of defections to carry him.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It's pretty interesting that there are a lot of Dan Moody ads right now in Atlanta and I don't think I've seen any for Handel. I guess her campaign just knows she's a safe bet and doesn't need to bother buying ads until after the primary?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

then i hope this dude loses by literally 1 vote so i can gloat about not voting

Please don't.

Seriously, Karen Handel is a loving moron and a poo poo head. She nearly got Susan B. Komen run into the ground because, while working for them, she convinced them to announce that they were cutting off funds to Planned Parenthood and they had to relent after the public outcry. There's almost no doubt that she's his opponent in the June election and the only good thing to come from her getting elected would be at least we're getting her the gently caress out of Georgia.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Allow me to be sad that the Republicans aren't crying in their beer because they're losing major parts of Georgia. Oh no, I'd better give up everything I hold dear because I didn't get the big moment of the Republicans crying and beating their chests.

Seriously, the left in this country doesn't know how to counter propaganda at all. It's like Republican smug is an honest thing instead of something they throw out to get what they really want: people angry as them. We made a loving deep red district in Georgia in an off-year drat near winnable and now we're upset? Jesus Christ, what more do you want?

Republicans took the only corner of Fulton County that will vote for a Republican and made sure every single Republican in that little corner was part of the 6th.

The 6th is predominantly conservative upper middle class white people with a sprinkle of non-white people thrown in. The odds were horrible for Ossoff to win the minute he failed to win the open primary.

• Locked thread