Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

But with who Slasher Hawke is,

I'm curious what this means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

What is that something?

Retrotuition

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Post.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

within six minutes of my dickyb vote he has scumclaimef and both prop Mach and bowmore voted him to put him at -1

I didn't like that rush hence my votes today

I..uh...anyone else smell burning toast?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

What is that something?

I already gave my post. He seems to be playing at engaged town with out actually being engaged

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

I already gave my post. He seems to be playing at engaged town with out actually being engaged

I was asking rf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hi Kash

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I still really don't like retro's posting. I think characterizing dick as a baby was lovely and actually just a way to make his vote look like it had any kind of meaning behind it. I have never regretted dunking opop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

I still really don't like retro's posting. I think characterizing dick as a baby was lovely and actually just a way to make his vote look like it had any kind of meaning behind it. I have never regretted dunking opop.

He had a giant meltdown over a couple votes and then scumclaimed. I didn't really expect him to not flip town but he was going to have to go sooner or later, and at the time I voted nobody else had more than 1 vote on them and there was less than an hour to go. It was hammer, or no lynch on someone who was actively disengaged from the game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also rude :mad:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Retro Futurist posted:

He had a giant meltdown over a couple votes and then scumclaimed. I didn't really expect him to not flip town but he was going to have to go sooner or later, and at the time I voted nobody else had more than 1 vote on them and there was less than an hour to go. It was hammer, or no lynch on someone who was actively disengaged from the game

i mean,

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Retro Futurist posted:

this is p scummy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes I agree, that one piece of my post completely removed from context IS pretty sucmmy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

When I made my vote it was 45 minutes to deadline and this was how the count looked (minus my vote on Dick obviously)

Final Votecount for Day 1

Dick Bastardly (7): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Podima, postmodifier, Podima, windshipper, Kashuno, SLASHER HAWKE, bowmore, Propaganda Machine, SLASHER HAWKE, Jedit, Retro Futurist
Retro Futurist (4): Podima, Podima, Somberbrero, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, windshipper, windshipper, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno, SLASHER HAWKE
windshipper (1): windshipper, bowmore, Hal Incandenza, windshipper, Dick Bastardly, Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Dick Bastardly, bowmore
postmodifier (1): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Podima
Podima (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
Hal Incandenza (0): windshipper, windshipper
JimsonTheBetrayer (0): Jedit, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, Jedit
Propaganda Machine (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
SLASHER HAWKE (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
bowmore (0): Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine
Jedit (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
Kashuno (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer

Not Voting (0):

I am not going to feel guilty when our options were 1)Vote him 2)Let myself die 3)No lynch after he's made a spectacle of himself or 4)Do a last minute pile on some random which gives us no info

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Retro Futurist posted:

I am not going to feel guilty when our options were 1)Vote him 2)Let myself die 3)No lynch after he's made a spectacle of himself or 4)Do a last minute pile on some random which gives us no info

I'm having difficulty contradicting any of this.

On the other hand:

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't think Dick was checking out of the game so much as he was accepting the inevitable and having nothing to add beforehand. There's no need for the extra defensiveness.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jedit posted:

I'm having difficulty contradicting any of this.

On the other hand:

I don't think Dick was checking out of the game so much as he was accepting the inevitable and having nothing to add beforehand. There's no need for the extra defensiveness.

He melted down at -3 with 4 hours to go, pretty sure he wasn't going to make an amazing comeback.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the point being you voted for someone you thought probably wasn't scum. like in context, yes i can understand the vote, but i feel like you were definitely trying to justify it as something that it was not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nah this thing stinks of being a bad push

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

the point being you voted for someone you thought probably wasn't scum. like in context, yes i can understand the vote, but i feel like you were definitely trying to justify it as something that it was not.

Who hasn't voted for someone on Day 1 to ensure a lynch, because a mislynch is better than no information?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Here's some not particularly helpful posting. Opop is being over-defensive, but I can understand that because he was under pressure yesterday and Dick's mislynch puts him at the top of the list again.

I'm with Kashuno here. I think Opop is being put forward as the easy candidate, as if it isn't possible that the vote could have split between two Townies.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the 'easy vote' here is pmach. they've disappeared from the other game i was playing with them too. i think we should just expect the modkill. if that's the case, who would you vote for?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I'm on the awful all so I can't be assed. Was it opop who dropped that really silly "but he thought pmach was scum! Hmmmm..." defence on slasher crow?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

When has RF ever cared about pressure? If he said "it was me or him, I'm town I voted him" and left it at that I'd understand more but this defence feels overwrought

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm on the awful all so I can't be assed. Was it opop who dropped that really silly "but he thought pmach was scum! Hmmmm..." defence on slasher crow?

No that was me, since SH is voting Pmach, which I approve of.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I know this is a broken record but I don't love Somber pushing RF - especially with having not yet even put a vote down. I'm happy with my vote on him.

I have a town read on RF at this point, I think the 'scumslip' gotcha is a stretch and it feels like frustrated town being pushed. DickB played like a moron on Day 1 and has only himself to blame.

Jimson's vague 'case' on SLASHER is also setting off alarm bells, it seems like an easy low-hanging fruit case to make.

Max/SLASHER, you have votes on PMach - if you had to pick someone to move your vote to, who would it be?

Deadline's tonight, as a reminder.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Jedit's post history is almost completely noncommittal, especially his D2 content - impressively so.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812226&userid=182474

Jedit, could you please let me know - independent of others' cases - who you think would be a good vote for today?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jeddit and Pmach's post history is pretty similar, I'd be happy to move there as well, though PMach hasn't even checked in at all for Day 2? That's worse IMO.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Off the top of my head too, Somber zooming in here the moment I invoked his name a few days ago and then poofing away again bothers me more than the other stuff, but I have admittedly not been paying super close attention to things in this game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Jeddit and Pmach's post history is pretty similar, I'd be happy to move there as well, though PMach hasn't even checked in at all for Day 2? That's worse IMO.

Yeah but I'm going to let the mod deal with that as per OP. I'd rather case people based on content, rather than the complete lack thereof. Lynching someone who hasn't posted isn't as useful for drawing future connections.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mmm, true enough. The posting from PMach before they disappeared does have the odor of scumminess though that I feel comfortable voting for them.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Propaganda Machine (2): Max, SLASHER HAWKE
Somberbrero (1): Podima
SLASHER HAWKE (1): JimsonTheBetrayer
bowmore (1): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, redneck nazgul
Max (1): Kashuno

Not Voting (5): bowmore, Jedit, Propaganda Machine, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 9 minutes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Jedit's post history is almost completely noncommittal, especially his D2 content - impressively so.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812226&userid=182474

Jedit, could you please let me know - independent of others' cases - who you think would be a good vote for today?

I'm having trouble engaging with this game. There's just not enough being said for me to commit to anything. This also makes it difficult to make a case that nobody has already made.

One good vote today would be Jimson; he's another person who disappeared for ages then made a drive-by within 15 minutes of someone pointing out the fact. Somber would be the other good vote, not only for pushing Opop but for implying it's anti-Town to lynch for info on Day 1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

I'm having trouble engaging with this game. There's just not enough being said for me to commit to anything. This also makes it difficult to make a case that nobody has already made.

One good vote today would be Jimson; he's another person who disappeared for ages then made a drive-by within 15 minutes of someone pointing out the fact. Somber would be the other good vote, not only for pushing Opop but for implying it's anti-Town to lynch for info on Day 1.

That's a pretty clear mischaracterization that doesn't correlate to alignment in any appreciable way. I think Jimson's point was relevant.

Max posted:

Off the top of my head too, Somber zooming in here the moment I invoked his name a few days ago and then poofing away again bothers me more than the other stuff, but I have admittedly not been paying super close attention to things in this game.

It's hard to get engaged outside of callouts. Can you articulate why that's particularly scummy?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, you were monitoring the game enough to see when your name was called, but you weren't really doing any scumhunting or looking for anything else. Seems scummily defensive.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Like, you were monitoring the game enough to see when your name was called, but you weren't really doing any scumhunting or looking for anything else. Seems scummily defensive.

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Max really hasn't done anything to convince me to not vote him, sorry.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max responded poorly to an intentionally bad argument I made, gonna vote him because . . .

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Max responded poorly to an intentionally bad argument I made, gonna vote him because . . .

Again, the argument was in good faith even if the strength wasn't high.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Again, the argument was in good faith even if the strength wasn't high.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I would omgus the poo poo out of jimson

• Locked thread