Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Oh. Hey ##vote retro futurist

Gonna nap for a bit and read more later. But that stuck out hard to me.

Bowmore going, "the windshipper case is fine to me," when there is no case on me is second, I think. I have questions about pmach I think? But I know when I played with her before she seemed scummy always. Dunno if that's still true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Podima posted:

Why are multiple people reading my obvious joke vote as real and ignoring my real vote on postmodifier? :psyduck:

windshipper posted:

Yes that was a joke of mine as far as the too seriousness post

Thoughts on RF?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Windy's tirade seems genuine, but that self vote in the beginning still makes me feel like it's a scum self voting for the hilarity of it. I do agree RF's behavior to be suspect with the dubious vote on windo and then backing off under pressure. Debating still on whether or not to switch my vote.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

Windy's tirade seems genuine, but that self vote in the beginning still makes me feel like it's a scum self voting for the hilarity of it. I do agree RF's behavior to be suspect with the dubious vote on windo and then backing off under pressure. Debating still on whether or not to switch my vote.

The gently caress?

You are absolutely right, I did in fact self vote for the hilarity of it. I even listed reasons for voting me. How does that make me scum?

Give me reasons as to how that makes me scum. Don't do this wish washy poo poo.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Oh hey look I'm like a triple liar or whatever now because I said I was gonna go nap but I haven't yet and it's a couple minutes later!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

Also don't forget RF trying to spin that as him joke voting me and then immediately backing off when he did not under any circumstance immediately back off.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

im sorry I called you whet fartzz and not whet faartz earlier, please calm down

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

im sorry I called you whet fartzz and not whet faartz earlier, please calm down

You said you feel good about the case on me, what is or was the case on me?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

Are you mafia dadding windshipper lol

every parent someday needs their child to care for them. it's the circle of life.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I dunno about the Opop case, backing off an early joke vote/case doesn't seem scummy?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I voted RF just because I picked a name at random :shrug:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

I voted RF just because I picked a name at random :shrug:

i did this same thing in my first game ever, where i was scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

windshipper posted:

You said you feel good about the case on me, what is or was the case on me?

the case that wrote itself earlier, duh

I despised your early self-vote. DESPISED.

But now we are later in the game so that isn't as powerful. Your recent posting is pretty whatever, but at least there is a lot of it.

I'm just sort of evaluating now, see how I feel in a bit, if I find something better I will move my vote, but I don't think RF is any better from what I see so far.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

i did this same thing in my first game ever, where i was scum.

See now we have the makings of a compelling case...

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I'd probably move to RF over Jimso, I don't love that vote though

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote windshipper for his own good. You got out, man.

Retro Futurist posted:

:colbert: Bullshit I'm helping

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm sorry my page 2 joke vote was bad.

Actually yeah. Looking back through it I wouldn't vote him for all that. I'm just loving tired and feisty. He pulled it off right after the vote count came out. ##unvote What does still ping me is Hal and bowmore keeping their poo poo on.

Hal even telling me to calm down, even though he and bowmore have kept their votes on with no real justification, and stating that it is a good case. Though, it quite clearly is not.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

the case that wrote itself earlier, duh

I despised your early self-vote. DESPISED.

But now we are later in the game so that isn't as powerful. Your recent posting is pretty whatever, but at least there is a lot of it.

I'm just sort of evaluating now, see how I feel in a bit, if I find something better I will move my vote, but I don't think RF is any better from what I see so far.

Despised why?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Windy, honestly I can't say there was anything inherently scummy about your self vote, it's just a feeling. On that note, I think RF's vote and walk back is worse.

##vote RF

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Also I really don't like dick bastardly.

Also also, having read more thoroughly and knowing now that opop is RF, I feel more comfortable with the unvote.

Dick bastardly has now also jumped on two bandwagons with wishy washy reasons. ##vote dick bastardly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

windshipper posted:

Dick bastardly has now also jumped on two bandwagons with wishy washy reasons. ##vote dick bastardly

:agreed: ##vote DB

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jedit posted:

Well, I have no loving clue on day 1 as usual so I may end up staying on Jimson on that basis. Short of any actual content materialising I'm OK with almost any reason to start a push, just so I can see who hops on and why.

This is ping worthy imo. Sticking to a joke-vote based on not having a clue, willing to start pushes to analyze the voting structure in the absence of content "materializing"? Like, basically admitting to let others do the casework while starting bandwagons to see what comes. Bad.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

He has basically three or four posts of content, the rest is joking around to seem involved. Where he does have content is calling me scum for self vote, and then wishy washy on hard opinions or thoughts from there - except when he votes me after others voted me and then when he jumped to RF after I called him out on being wishy washy and others were already voting RF.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812226&userid=189184

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

time for archer manoeuvre

##vote prop mach

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is ping worthy imo. Sticking to a joke-vote based on not having a clue, willing to start pushes to analyze the voting structure in the absence of content "materializing"? Like, basically admitting to let others do the casework while starting bandwagons to see what comes. Bad.

:lol: ok this is even scummier now. Isn't it amazing what happens when you call someone out for not having opinions? And then suddenly they manufacture some?

I'm going to nap now for real.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

windshipper posted:

Also I really don't like dick bastardly.

Also also, having read more thoroughly and knowing now that opop is RF, I feel more comfortable with the unvote.

I didn't jump on anything. I voted you first if I remember correctly. Also, RF's vote and behavior following seem suspect to me so a vote is a naturally gonging to follow. So far, all you've done is have a meltdown, and plopped a vote down on a bad case (which is the same scenario you base your case on me of).

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

windshipper posted:

:lol: ok this is even scummier now. Isn't it amazing what happens when you call someone out for not having opinions? And then suddenly they manufacture some?

I'm going to nap now for real.

I was in the middle of typing that before i even read your lame post. Get a grip.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
"HEY GUYS, LOOK AT THIS GUY PLAYING MAFIA, HE SCUMS GET EM"

Honestly, somehow your doing yourself a favor in my eyes because I can't see scum being this clueless.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Anyone reading my read of Jedit can see I have a good point, so congratulations on missing that to continue your push.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I'd probably move to RF over Jimso, I don't love that vote though

Watch out, voting RF makes you a scum... so...

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

rereading...

Dick Bastardly posted:

He's just a standby I think, nevermind.

Maybe PropMach or Hal or postmod have SOME FIRE HOT TAKES.....?

I would love if this quote is a scum calling out bros who hadn't checked into the doc

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

rereading...

I would love if this quote is a scum calling out bros who hadn't checked into the doc

You're in for a treat :sun:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

You're in for a treat :sun:

:yeah: ##vote dickyb

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
To everyone else who hasn't figured it out yet, I'M SCUM.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Get those dang votes piled on there, I believe in town to do the right thing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well ok then

##vote dick b

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:golfclap:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Bowmore I love u how u votin-

Oh I see~

##vote dick b

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Of all the votes on me, windy's is the only one with a case (albeit dumb) to back it up. Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

tricky dicky

• Locked thread