Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kash, I have no problem being reasonable with someone if they come at me with an actual reasonable argument. How do you think I'm supposed to respond to someone who is apparently arguing in bad faith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am not arguing in bad faith. You can say I'm making a bad argument, but my reasoning is absolutely real.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

I am not arguing in bad faith. You can say I'm making a bad argument, but my reasoning is absolutely real.

That to me is arguing in bad faith, and half of me feels like you just randomly flipped to "Aha, I actually knew it was a bad argument from the get go" when I called it out.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Max posted:

My only defense of Illandir is that they are Illandir and have always been insufferable but I don't know if anyone here remembers that.

Also, poo poo, now Windy is gone too.

I remember. Not nearly as egregious as postmodifer destroying a game on Day 1 because he was a survivor lover with me as an SK because I was apparently going to just ruin the game for no good reason and he didn't want any part of it.

Max posted:

Swipe more like, since Hal was the one that got NK'd.

Yeah, I skimmed right past that part. Either way, I had the case, I no longer have the case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh good, someone else that remembers Illandir. It's why I held my breath with immediately joining this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

Lovin' the 1 minute difference between these posts.

Hey Somber, humor me now that you're around. Other than RF, who would you have voted for yesterday?

I like this catch by the way.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Has Pmach checked in yet?
No.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Propaganda Machine posted:

Bowmore I love u how u votin-

Oh I see~

##vote dick b

PMach throws a bad vote down on DickB and then spends the rest of their short posting history goofing off and hasn't checked in since. Reads pretty bad there.

In fact

##vote PMach

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Bad town Jedit here.

Explain the town part of this read, please.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also submitted for consideration: Somber's talking himself up to his only vote on d1 (quoted the full exchange for context):

Somberbrero posted:

well at least one of those four votes on windy is probably a scum vote.

that's rude and also i think retro's vote is worse.

Podima posted:

Implying that my post which included 'also terrible' was a serious case.

I do agree with Somber that RF's vote is bad as a pile-on though.

Somberbrero posted:

i mean it does not have to be a serious post for someone to read intent from it.

that said, ##vote retro futurist

also this:

Somberbrero posted:

was pod even on the table?

note: not "was pod even scummy" but "was pod even a viable vote by the numbers"
(this one isn't a slam dunk or anything but I found it a little interesting as a kneejerk reaction from him, given the post timings)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

Still framing them. I'll have to read everyone's vote in context and I haven't done so yet.

The bell ringing for me right now is still Slasher, though. His vote on Opop felt to me less like trying to avoid a foregone conclusion on someone he thought was Town than an attempt to split the vote. His claim to be willing to switch to avoid a no-lynch felt a bit too pious as well.

Please elaborate when you get a chance, thanks. I feel like your characterization of SLASHER's vote shifted slightly between Days 1 and 2, but hard to put my finger on it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Somber

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Explain the town part of this read, please.

In my personal experience, Jedit when town tends to say something so off the wall bad and bizarre that makes me always want him to die. This is that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Podima posted:

Please elaborate when you get a chance, thanks. I feel like your characterization of SLASHER's vote shifted slightly between Days 1 and 2, but hard to put my finger on it.

Well, obviously it shifted slightly. Day 1's judgement was made without the knowledge of Dick's flip.

I am busy tonight and won't be back until late. Deadline is tomorrow, right?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 2

Somberbrero (1): Podima
Propaganda Machine (1): Max
bowmore (1): SLASHER HAWKE
Max (1): Kashuno

Not Voting (7): bowmore, Jedit, JimsonTheBetrayer, Propaganda Machine, redneck nazgul, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Thanks Votebot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

##vote Votefinder

Thanks Podima. Good to know I don't need to stay up till 2am tonight reading then make calls even worse than usual.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
slasher clearing podima apropos nothing seemed strange to me, scum have to fake alignment calls to stay relevant. his justification made sense though, i missed his vote on podima.

redneck is 100% town barring a counterclaim, yeah?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

slasher clearing podima apropos nothing seemed strange to me, scum have to fake alignment calls to stay relevant. his justification made sense though, i missed his vote on podima.

redneck is 100% town barring a counterclaim, yeah?

Yes.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
hello I woke up

all the votes yesterday are still bad

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote prop mach similar to bowmore but has one more vote atm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And now they have 2.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Max posted:

And now they have 2.

wait- yeah that's it

pressure has increased 100%

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I prefer lynching bowmore over PMach at this time. I'll explain a bit more when I'm not on my phone.

##vote bowmore

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lurk city

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd appreciate it if someone else could comment on Somber, please.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jimson hasn't posted in 4 days.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mmm Pod I am not really seeing the somber thing. The "is pod even on the table" comment comes across to me as more of "why even mention wanting to keep pod around right now" since the previous discussion was Max saying you are town. I think it's tenuous at best, but right now based on your case I don't see any convincing points that Somber is scum. He wasn't someone I had in mind at the moment, but I'll give him a full reread and see if anything stands out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Mmm Pod I am not really seeing the somber thing. The "is pod even on the table" comment comes across to me as more of "why even mention wanting to keep pod around right now" since the previous discussion was Max saying you are town. I think it's tenuous at best, but right now based on your case I don't see any convincing points that Somber is scum. He wasn't someone I had in mind at the moment, but I'll give him a full reread and see if anything stands out.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Let me know what you think after the reread. (Please pay attention to his post timestamps compared to what he's responding to - I found some of his responses interesting from a knee-jerk perspective, since I've made incriminating knee-jerk statements as scum before.)

Kashuno posted:

Jimson hasn't posted in 4 days.

Bad but unsurprising. Slamburger, could you please send him a prod?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The only thing I see on Somber is this. Both because it's dumbad, and because when Podima asked him to follow up on anyone else, Somber failed to do so. So when it comes to making actual reads that have any sort of casing or merit, Somber is suspect.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
##vote SLASHER HAWKE
Slasher seems like the most likely scum.

They first drop a "serious" vote on me for my birthday post. Then a few posts later makes a "joke" vote about how if I AM scum I should kill a scummble and claim vig.

So logically we can assume these two posts together must mean Slasher Hawke believes their own personal joke phase to be over. Yet later on they make a post about well... I'll just quote it here...

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

time for archer manoeuvre

##vote prop mach

So they" jokingly" move votes off of me just in time to join in on the DB bandwagon a few posts later. Waits til -1 removes his vote and starts making empty as hell posts about "oh I don't think he's scum" throws a trash vote on Podima immediately takes it back because "no one believes his vote" and sits around on RF until dickboy is lynched.

Parse for smarterer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I.....somewhat agree?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I am willing to admit. Independently these things just seem like town floundering during d1 and having a hard time making sense of joke-phase. But with who Slasher Hawke is, and all of these strange events being centered on ONE person its hard to ignore it as anything but scumplay

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, but SH thinks PMach is scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I know I need to put in more reads but I'm genuinely not really feeling good about any of them. I started putting together a Kash case but halfway through I convinced myself I was wrong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah I know I need to put in more reads but I'm genuinely not really feeling good about any of them. I started putting together a Kash case but halfway through I convinced myself I was wrong.

Because you are

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Something about Slasher is rubbing me the wrong way, I could definitely see it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What is that something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

within six minutes of my dickyb vote he has scumclaimef and both prop Mach and bowmore voted him to put him at -1

I didn't like that rush hence my votes today

• Locked thread