Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Confirming. ##vote Jimson, he's jealous of Kashuno because he's never done it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

And I am sure we all remember that passage from that most holy of books

1037 and Jesus came down from on high and delivered unto 1038 them a message most dire 'hey stop using my name in vain 1039 or be smoted... smited? Smote? Smitten? Oh poo poo is that 1040 kashuno over there? Yeah definitely lynch him he's probably 1041 scum.

Can't be that holy, none of those numbers are 420. "Blessed are they who do not bogart the joint; they shall always enjoy mellow company."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

bowmore posted:

we play werewolf

Appropriate, your crime isn't organised and you make sheep nervous.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Why the lurker callout so early?

Especially when I've posted less than you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

This weekend is going to be tough. Any good movies I should go see?

Logan, if you haven't already. I've heard good things about Kong: Skull Island too.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

This post reads as very manufactured based on jokephase content - even with not having played a game alongside DickB lately.

Also I don't like the last line one bit - why would you plunk down an 'unlikely to move' vote as your second post after game start? ##vote postmodifier

Well, I have no loving clue on day 1 as usual so I may end up staying on Jimson on that basis. Short of any actual content materialising I'm OK with almost any reason to start a push, just so I can see who hops on and why.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

postmodifier under a PR or something?

He's restricted from making good posts by his lack of ability.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Oh, RF is Opop? Stop changing your loving names, for Christ's sake, it's just an expensive way to dodge your meta.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is ping worthy imo. Sticking to a joke-vote based on not having a clue, willing to start pushes to analyze the voting structure in the absence of content "materializing"? Like, basically admitting to let others do the casework while starting bandwagons to see what comes. Bad.

So I'm willing to start pushes while simultaneously wanting to let other people do the casework so I can hop onto their pushes? Just so we can have this straight.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is literally your only vote, based on (if you want to call it a case OK, BE MY GUEST) a joke.

Your willing to start a push "for any reason" short of any content (which I think we can all agree you didn't intend to provide)

SO..UH YEAH YOU TELL ME.

Yes. Literally my only vote, on someone nobody else was voting for, and I haven't moved. You're accusing me of looking for bandwagons when there's two I could readily have hopped onto and didn't, and of starting bandwagons when I haven't pushed for anyone at all - not even Jimson.

I never meant to say I was starting bandwagons to see who hopped on. I was only observing who was ready to hop on a wagon, which I consider to be more important on day 1 than the motive behind the initial vote (which is generally quite random). On re-reading I can see the ambiguity in my initial remark and so I'm not going to blame you for that, but I'm going to blame you for misinterpreting what I've actually done.

I see Slasher pushing Opop, splitting the vote rather than leaving you as sole candidate. I want to know why.

##vote Dick Bastardly

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Jedit, what are your thoughts given how that vote shook out?

Still framing them. I'll have to read everyone's vote in context and I haven't done so yet.

The bell ringing for me right now is still Slasher, though. His vote on Opop felt to me less like trying to avoid a foregone conclusion on someone he thought was Town than an attempt to split the vote. His claim to be willing to switch to avoid a no-lynch felt a bit too pious as well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Please elaborate when you get a chance, thanks. I feel like your characterization of SLASHER's vote shifted slightly between Days 1 and 2, but hard to put my finger on it.

Well, obviously it shifted slightly. Day 1's judgement was made without the knowledge of Dick's flip.

I am busy tonight and won't be back until late. Deadline is tomorrow, right?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote Votefinder

Thanks Podima. Good to know I don't need to stay up till 2am tonight reading then make calls even worse than usual.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

I am not going to feel guilty when our options were 1)Vote him 2)Let myself die 3)No lynch after he's made a spectacle of himself or 4)Do a last minute pile on some random which gives us no info

I'm having difficulty contradicting any of this.

On the other hand:

Retro Futurist posted:

He had a giant meltdown over a couple votes and then scumclaimed. I didn't really expect him to not flip town but he was going to have to go sooner or later, and at the time I voted nobody else had more than 1 vote on them and there was less than an hour to go. It was hammer, or no lynch on someone who was actively disengaged from the game

I don't think Dick was checking out of the game so much as he was accepting the inevitable and having nothing to add beforehand. There's no need for the extra defensiveness.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

the point being you voted for someone you thought probably wasn't scum. like in context, yes i can understand the vote, but i feel like you were definitely trying to justify it as something that it was not.

Who hasn't voted for someone on Day 1 to ensure a lynch, because a mislynch is better than no information?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I still really don't like retro's posting. I think characterizing dick as a baby was lovely and actually just a way to make his vote look like it had any kind of meaning behind it. I have never regretted dunking opop.

Here's some not particularly helpful posting. Opop is being over-defensive, but I can understand that because he was under pressure yesterday and Dick's mislynch puts him at the top of the list again.

I'm with Kashuno here. I think Opop is being put forward as the easy candidate, as if it isn't possible that the vote could have split between two Townies.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Jedit's post history is almost completely noncommittal, especially his D2 content - impressively so.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812226&userid=182474

Jedit, could you please let me know - independent of others' cases - who you think would be a good vote for today?

I'm having trouble engaging with this game. There's just not enough being said for me to commit to anything. This also makes it difficult to make a case that nobody has already made.

One good vote today would be Jimson; he's another person who disappeared for ages then made a drive-by within 15 minutes of someone pointing out the fact. Somber would be the other good vote, not only for pushing Opop but for implying it's anti-Town to lynch for info on Day 1.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

also pod, i'll donate $20 to a charity of your choice if three of bowmore, kash, jedit, redneck, and jimson show up before deadline. i think you're flat wrong to assume that everyone is going to show up to participate in this game.

I think your $20 will be safe.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hey Podima, you were asking what would convince people that Somber is scum?

Point 1: OMGUS or not, this is the worst justification for a vote:

Somberbrero posted:

If I'm going to vote someone other than pmach I guess it'd be jedit due to him checking in and not actually saying anything.

I checked in so you'd know I was playing and available to vote. I then went to read over the thread before drawing any conclusions. This happens all the time and it's not a marker of anything.

Point 2: defending lurkers except when it suits him not to:

Somberbrero posted:

i kind of like what little content jimson has and bowmore always lurks, in my experience pmach lurks as scum.

He abandoned his charge on Opop for this as it wasn't getting traction. I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out he's bussing a scumbro that he knows will be modkilled anyway.

Point 3: calling out Opop for making a defensive vote by ignoring the context:

Somberbrero posted:

the point being you voted for someone you thought probably wasn't scum. like in context, yes i can understand the vote, but i feel like you were definitely trying to justify it as something that it was not.

He's still to respond to my asking why he thinks nobody lynches for info on Day 1, too.

##vote Somber

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Max posted:

If at least one person checks in that isn't voting for Pmach, at least we could say it was even possible.

It's not, because Podima won't jump on even if I do. Barring someone appearing it's a no lynch day.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I think we should be in shush mode, right?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

Because she's already kind of lurky and it sucks being stuck on a team with someone not participating at the best of times

What are your feelings on Podima in general and this post in specific?

Podima posted:

For the record, if the mod doesn't modkill/replace the 3 lurkers, I'll replace out or suicide. Not a game I want to play in.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

I'm still not seeing scum stop lurking and drop a 3rd vote on scumbuddy PMach like he did here. That's my issue.

Unless he already had info from the scumdoc. I would expect a mod to prod his scum in the scumdoc.

Somberbrero posted:

that's the exact opposite of what happened.

what's the basis for your theory that scum must have been voting rf day one?

On the other foot, this is true. We mislynched Town on Day 1. It's much more likely that scum were on the mislynch than the less popular choice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I don't think scum would put their eggs on one basket D1

Not all of them. But if that's the case then you're arguing that at least one of Somber, Jimson and yourself must be scum. The only other unflipped person who wasn't on either Opop or Dick was Podima, who was on postmodifier/Max.

There's also only four people left who were on Dick: me, Opop, Kash and Max. PMach was on that vote as scum in fifth; Opop hammered after I took it to -1. Max wasn't in game yet, but postmod was the first vote on that didn't switch off.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I should add to that: Opop was voting defensively and so can't be judged either way. If I assume he's Town, then knowing I'm Town myself a second scum on that vote would have to be Max or Kash. Both of those two are now on Jimson, who has got to -2 with frightening ease.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jedit posted:

I should add to that: Opop was voting defensively and so can't be judged either way.

*sigh*

On the basis of his hammer alone, I should have said.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Four hours, we gonna do this?

I feel the above case is transparent enough that I don't need to respond to it in full. Slasher is trying to expose some kind of hypocrisy in my move onto pmach that flat doesn't make sense in context and wouldn't say anything about alignment even if it did make sense.

I'm pretty sure that one of you is scum, but I don't know which. Re-reading.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Funny, Max is one of the people I suspect.

We need to look at who pushed PMach when. It's very likely that Slam told them in the scumdoc that PMach would be modkilled if she didn't show, which would allow them to bus her for cred in the knowledge they probably weren't compromising their team.

Max didn't even wait 24 hours into the day before asking if PMach had checked in, voted shortly after. That's really ringing my bell, especially as Max subbed in at the start of the day. What caused him to ask about PMach's absence so early?

Max posted:

Has Pmach checked in yet?
No.

He later jumped off to join Podima on me, but then reverted just before deadline when he couldn't get traction.

Slasher came in really early, two days out, and never moved. The vote isn't exactly high quality and it was early enough as not to endanger PMach, but it's also too early to have made a judgement based on scumdoc info.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

##vote prop mach similar to bowmore but has one more vote atm

Somber soft pushed 26 hours out, but didn't vote for another full day. I have to agree with Podima that it's a bad vote, basically saying that he is taking the easy lynch but didn't do so until almost the last minute.

Somberbrero posted:

the 'easy vote' here is pmach. they've disappeared from the other game i was playing with them too. i think we should just expect the modkill. if that's the case, who would you vote for?

Opop came in very late, two hours before deadline. Started with a soft push but voted almost immediately after. This could be an attempt to build Town cred after a bad Day 1.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm here. I'd vote pmach or switch to slasher

One other point to consider is that unless you think there was only one scum on Dick's lynch, then at least one of Max, Opop, Kashuno and myself must be scum. If that's the case then I'm looking less hard at Somber, who was never on that lynch, and harder at Max and Opop.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mafia edit: Saw Somber's claim only after posting. I definitely want to kill Max or Opop now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Lol I just saw this. gently caress you Somber you hosed up your fakeclaim, get owned.

I'm the town case stealer, I targeted PMach n1 (no case) and Jedit n2 (no case). You can see this by me soft clearing Jedit almost immediately on Day 3.

Somber is the scum case stealer, and now we get to find out if he passed it to his buddy or not.

You want to link to the post where you soft cleared me at the start of the day? I just re-read you and the first time you mentioned me since voting for me yesterday was in your List of Everybody. Also my not having the case in no way proves my alignment, so you cannot soft clear me on that basis.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Max posted:

Read the next thing?

I only saw that after.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I don't think it's Somber. I think Podima is the scum case stealer and currently has the case.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

<snip>

Good job I refreshed before posting.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Sits very very bad with me

I was typing up an argument that would have ended with me hammering Somber because I realised something about Podima's argument. While it wasn't proven that Somber was lying because he claimed a N0 action - Somber being truthful Town and Podima being scum fit the circumstances as she argued them - Town started with the case. There thus wasn't any point to giving the Town stealer a N0 action unless scum had one too.

I was being a little slow and a couple of posts behind around the lynch, and it was making me overly cautious because if Somber had been telling the truth Town was hosed. We would have lynched the Town stealer and gone into MYLO with a lynchproof scum and the scum stealer still alive. Today the second scum would have hopped on the vote and Podima would have self-hammered to up the odds of her bro getting the case. That would have given the scum a 50% chance of going into 3-2 LYLO with a lynchproof and being unbeatable.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm uncertain about that last. Somber was kind of locked in by that point, defending the N0 action was calling major attention to himself.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mafia edit: it was 6 minutes before Opop dropped the hammer, claiming he hadn't seen Pod's counter claim.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Fuckshit, it's deadline tonight, isn't it?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote RF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm pretty sure it's one of you two. If it's Jimson then we managed to lynch Opop with a unanimous Town vote, which seems unlikely. Slasher is dead, that leaves you.

• Locked thread