Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
People, and especially techies love these bespoke artisinal emoticons. Hell, I just put the spinning megaman in an email, and last week was lauded for the epic psyduck emoticon when a vendor, heh, did something that drove us psy-yey-yeycho. Haha. You ever make a girl swoon by sending her the :nyan: emoticon? I have. I just did.

Here's an example:

quote:

subj: problem

this poo poo is hosed up. your people are loving morons and im going to sue you into oblivion if you dont get this mother bitch sorted asap. you wont be hearing from me again, but you will, from my LAWYER!!!!

Best,
Paul
333-392-8372 ext. 69

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message
has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then
delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.

quote:

re: problem

i solved it easily using python codes and my powerful mind, enhanced by microdosing on chinese and russian research chemicals. :owned: :w00t:

Tks,
Smythe
IT Ninja
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

quote:

re: re: problem

wow thanks really saved our butts in there bro. and gently caress me fancy you fiery little fucker but those emoji are flipping INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hit me up on my cell 310-392-3813 and we can talk business baby.

Best,
Paul
333-392-8372 ext. 69

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message
has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then
delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.

Simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
:frogsiren:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I like to insert :sad: when replying to an epic fail email.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I put a lot of them into my company's slack but it resized some good ones.
still waiting for someone to find a use for :coolfish:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i called that number and a voice told me to go gently caress myself op, please advise

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
maybe learn to express yourself in words instead of relying on pictures to convey your thoughts and feelings.

*attaches rageface meme FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU*

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
:fyh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:hellyeah:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:chome:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
yesterday i used 😒 in a work email but since we are on windows+exchange i had to google for unamused emoji and insert it as a png

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

:smugwizard:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

poty posted:

yesterday i used 😒 in a work email but since we are on windows+exchange i had to google for unamused emoji and insert it as a png

I copy paste the Unicode in this case

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

windows 10 touch keyboard lets you type the emojis out

and for some reason I think outlook has a giphy plugin now as well

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I have on several occasions desperately wished there was a way to add :frogin: to lync's emoticons

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

pro consultants have :iiaca: bound to a function key. pro tip from a pro forum.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

bep bep

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

chome

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like teh following forums smilies a lot and i often wish i had them in other contexts

:pwn:
:ussr:
:smugdog:
:stare:
:stonk:
:homebrew:
:toot:
:kimchi:
:allears:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

annual performance review time to get that promotion :rubshands:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
:mamacita:

:margeball:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Smythe posted:

psy-yey-yeycho

lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
current project had a really bad cthulhu emote in their chat so i went in one morning and swapped it with the good one from here

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

:yayclod:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't have to send email for work because i have a real job

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I have on several occasions desperately wished there was a way to add :frogin: to lync's emoticons

Inline images for Lync would be so good

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
:gas:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i looked long and hard for an avatar to give our crash-reporting Sentry bot that Chef run crashes go into that goes to slack and eventually decided to use :chef:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this one was created in an embarrassingly bad thread i made back in like 2005

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Inline images for Lync would be so good

i may or may not have made a few "additions" to sametime's emoticon palette

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Sagebrush posted:

i like teh following forums smilies a lot and i often wish i had them in other contexts

:pwn:
:ussr:
:smugdog:
:stare:
:stonk:
:homebrew:
:toot:
:kimchi:
:allears:

do i just print this out and mail it to the unicode consortium or do i also hav eto felate someone

also :boom: is a good work emoticon

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i used :barf: in sametime all the time

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

:cumpolice:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Shaggar posted:

i used :barf: to describe sametime all the time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sametime is/was great

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:barf: gets used a lot when people describe how they are going to approach a problem

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:nallears: is a real good one for the same sort of situations as :barf: too

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

sametime is/was great

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:synpa: