Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champ come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Woodley will retain with a victory 14 36.84%
Thompson will win 15 39.47%
Woodley will retain with yet another draw 9 23.68%
Total: 38 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hey what’s up I guess I’m here to, uh, welcome you to the thread for fuckin UFC 209, bitch, 10 p.m. ET Saturday, March 4 on ppv, so don’t be postin no streams and poo poo or I’m gonna come over to your house and bitch slap you

Cesar wants me to apologize on here for running away from my niece’s birthday party when bluedeanie came to invite me to write this and makin this poo poo late and whatever but you know what? gently caress that, homie. I ain’t paid to write GDTs for you online nerds, ok? I’m paid to fight, which, you, this, that’s is why I don’t do it anymore, ain’t no one taught me how to do this poo poo, no one does me any favors, but just cuz I ain’t fighting right now doesn’t mean I don’t work hard and I’m not doing my poo poo ok. I’m a professional now, I made it. I’m big time now. I got my own brand of Energy Weed and poo poo, ok? I don’t need the UFC, so if they aren’t gonna give me the fight for the belt like anyone else who hasn’t won since they fought BJ Penn in 2011 then gently caress that. But I know what’s up, so let’s look at the motherfuckers who are still out here fighting, you know what I’m saying, trying to hustle for Dana White. Sell you motherfuckers some wolf tickets. Wolf tickets.

:siren: For the welterweight title :siren:

Tyron Woodley (c)

vs.

Stephen Wonderboy Thompson

This is a rematch from the first time these guys fought and it was the fight of hte night and they had a draw, but I don’t go to draws know what I’m saying? Win or lose I’m out there to put on a show. Tyron Woodley uses that pussy rear end wrestling poo poo sometimes but other times he fights like my style I guess you could say, goes out there to fight you know? Like last fight he almost knocked him out and almost submitted him, but then other times like Carlo Conduit did he just goes backwards and don’t wanna fight, so I guess Woodley’s only cool sometimes but loses in Stockton Rules most other times.

Stephen Thompson does all those fancy kicks, like motherfucker what are you trying to do? You got a wedgie you’re trying to get out in public, do you gotta, uh, make sure your rear end cheeks are spread out wide as you can have them? poo poo homie just pick it motherfucker, what are you doing like a kick then a little Dragonball flip for? Bullshit like that is why you’re losing fights and poo poo. Me and my homies Nate, Gil and Jake, we don’t need to stretch our asscheeks out with kicks, we’re just keepin’ it real pickin our underwear with our hands. You know what I’m saying? That’s what it’s like out here for us on the streets, people don’t get us nothin, we gotta pick our asses ourselves, none of this pampered rear end karate kicks poo poo.

Not happening cuz they got scared, homie

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony El Cucuy Ferguson

I guess that little Russian guy with all the WWE suplexes keeps doing them too hard because he can’t fight ever. Gotta go to the hospital and get that toxic airplane water out of his system and poo poo. That’s why I don’t drink airplane water, it’s got like, fuckin, uh, metabolytes and poo poo or whatever in it and you can’t cut weight, so I don’t drink it no matter how many little honey peanut packs I eat. And here he is talkin all poo poo about jiu jitsu saying if it were hard it’d be called sambo or whatever, motherfucker this poo poo ain’t easy. I gotta come out every day to train with Cesar Gracie and like, make eye contact with motherfuckers when I train, that poo poo ain’t easy motherfucker, and then when it’s all done and you fight in the UFC and are one of the biggest draws of all time, and then after your gym membership fees you only get enough to buy a couple dimebags and pay your entry fee to the Lodi Marathon, that poo poo ain’t easy motherfucker. Try that sambo poo poo in a street fight, see how far you get suplexin motherfuckers on concrete, bitch.

Yo but gently caress Tony Ferguson. gently caress that motherfucker. I’m glad, he, uh, can’t fight, uh, gently caress him. He scared my niece. My sister, she went all the way through high school so she learned how to buy a house and poo poo so sometimes i go over and stay there, and her little daughter, growin up speakin spanish in Stockton, 209 motherfucker, she comes up to me and says Uncle Nick El Cucuy is under my bed and in my closet and poo poo, shoutin ‘WHERE YOUR DAD AT?’ What kind of hosed up poo poo is that to do to a little kid, man? Don’t be scary, homie.

These guys got replaced by a couple strawweights, Amanda Cooper and Cynthia Calvillo. I don’t know poo poo about them but my homie Joanna, uh, I can’t say her last name but she’d kick their asses.

Middleweight

Rashad Evans

vs.

Dan Kelly

My homie Rashad, he used to be the light heavyweight champion and people wasn’t respecting him, so he’s at middleweight now. Based on his record since 2013 I’d say he definitely deserves to be fighting for the title right now and it’s bullshit he isn’t, they’re, the commissions and poo poo they’re trying to keep the real technical motherfuckers out of the top, which is me basically, in my opinion, I got all that technique and poo poo and it’s what the fans want to see and it’s bullshit.

Dan Kelly was an Olympic medal judo guy, which fucks me up, because that’s what Ronda Rousey was and she’s my homie, but that motherfucker Karo Parisyan is a judo guy too and he’s a bitch. Kind of like how wrestling is for bitches who just have an agenda, you know, they just wanna win fights on the judges and dont give a poo poo what the fans think, but despite that Jake Shields is my homie. I guess this poo poo is what Carl Jung was talking about when he discussed the duality of man or whatever, know what I’m saying, it’s, he, poo poo’s tight.

Lightweight

Lando Vannata

vs.

Teymur or some poo poo

Lando whooped the poo poo out of Tony Ferguson, I gotta respect that poo poo, tried his best to make sure that Nosferatu lookin motherfucker wasn’t gonna lurk under more kids beds. Motherfucker couldn’t get that poo poo done on short notice but then he threw some spinning poo poo now, which normally is bullshit, but he knocked out that walleyed canadian motherfucker with it and that bitch owed me like $10 for some weed I spotted him at Patrick Cote’s birthday party a while ago, like bitch you’re from Canada where they got weed growing in streets and poo poo, I come too far and worked too hard to be giving out free weed ot people who aren’t my homies. So yeah Lando’s cool with me.

He’s fighting some Teymur dude who I guess is some kind of animal they got in Sweden, he has a couple knockouts and poo poo so should be good, if you guys are buying wolf tickets. And watching this poo poo. I'll be with Nate smoking fat blunts in Cabo instead posting rude poo poo on Conor McGregor's instagram or whatever.

Heavyweight

Alistair Overeem

vs.

Mark Hunt

I do most of my fighting in America, but I fought on the same card as Overeem in Pride. I didn’t really get to meet him until I I fought in Japan once a few years later, or whatever, in DREAM. Alistair Overeem wasn’t on that card but I met him after at the after party in some bar where they had a bunch of girls dressed like they were in the navy or some poo poo and they were sellin their underwear in a vending machine, which was pretty hosed up, and I couldn’t figure out how to get it to take my dollar anyway. Anyway this motherfucker Overeem wasn’t even fighting that night but he had the corner booth with the velvet rope like he was hot poo poo, so I go over to see what all this is about and this motherfucker sitting there with his sledgehammer and his Archie, fuckin Jughead burger king crown on, straight up getting his dick sucked in the middle of the club while he was eating a whole drat horse they had on his table like it was some kind of Flintstones poo poo that makes the whole car tip over. For real. Just eatin this motherfuckin horse while some Japanese lady giving him a blowjob under the table. Motherfucker just looks at me with a mouth full of horse rear end or whatever and winks. Never saw that motherfucker again but that’s a true fuckin story.

That was the only time I ever fought in Japan, but one time, I made Japan come to me, when I beat up that little drunk Japanese guy in Pride in Vegas and then they said it don’t count cuz I smoke weed to help me deal with all this fighting bullshit, which is bullshit motherfucker. Mark Hunt was supposed to fight the fuckin Slender Man from the internet memes but they wouldn’t let him, so he was in the crowd that day. Ran into him after the fight too. Basically it was the same exact story except it was in the back of a KFC, and he didn’t wink at me, just kept sayin ‘yeah, salright’ over and over lookin’ down at this big ol fat chick suckin his dick while he's eatin a drumstick. These motherfuckers ain’t got no manners.

OTHER poo poo TO WATCH, HOMIE

FS1 Prelims, 8 p.m. ET
Heavyweight Marcin Tybura vs. Luis Henrique
Featherweight Mirsad Bektić vs. Darren Elkins
Bantamweight Iuri Alcântara vs. Luke Sanders
Heavyweight Mark Godbeer vs. Daniel Spitz

Fight Pass Prelims, 7 p.m. ET
Light Heavyweight Tyson Pedro vs. Paul Craig
Bantamweight Albert Morales vs. Andre Soukhamthath

Official MMA Snack Rating: Nick and Nate Diaz Brand Marijuana Pre-Roll Packs

And don't forget to make your picks in the exciting return of Goonweight!

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it, errr, got really surreal at the end there. lol though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

20/9 op. Would shout where you at motherfucker? Again.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bluedeanie posted:

I didn’t really get to meet him until I I fought in Japan once a few years later, or whatever, in DREAM. Alistair Overeem wasn’t on that card but I met him after at the after party in some bar where they had a bunch of girls dressed like they were in the navy or some poo poo and they were sellin their underwear in a vending machine, which was pretty hosed up, and I couldn’t figure out how to get it to take my dollar anyway.

loving :lol:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the OP is fantastic but it cannot fill the interim title-shaped hole in my heart

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bluedeanie thank you for bringing a sliver of joy to our dumb baby idiot garbage lives

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:lol:

real talk though it's an actual crime that this card isn't being headlined by a Diaz in Stockton

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If it were being headlined by a Diaz, in Stockton, there would be actual crimes committed during.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Stockton does not have the disposable income to afford those tickets, nor a suitable venue, and anyone with the money for it sure as hell is not going to Stockton. I mean it's still kind of better than Fresno I guess, since it's smaller.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVwXnXyB1Rw&t=39s

https://streamable.com/woyqq

This man didn't take care of his underwears. Should be a sick fight, it got promoted to the co-main event apparently.

Also probably the moment where Cody Garbrandt picked up on the art of homerotic trash talking.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bluedeanie posted:

Anyway this motherfucker Overeem wasn’t even fighting that night but he had the corner booth with the velvet rope like he was hot poo poo, so I go over to see what all this is about and this motherfucker sitting there with his sledgehammer and his Archie, fuckin Jughead burger king crown on, straight up getting his dick sucked in the middle of the club while he was eating a whole drat horse they had on his table like it was some kind of Flintstones poo poo that makes the whole car tip over. For real. Just eatin this motherfuckin horse while some Japanese lady giving him a blowjob under the table. Motherfucker just looks at me with a mouth full of horse rear end or whatever and winks. Never saw that motherfucker again but that’s a true fuckin story.

That was the only time I ever fought in Japan, but one time, I made Japan come to me, when I beat up that little drunk Japanese guy in Pride in Vegas and then they said it don’t count cuz I smoke weed to help me deal with all this fighting bullshit, which is bullshit motherfucker. Mark Hunt was supposed to fight the fuckin Slender Man from the internet memes but they wouldn’t let him, so he was in the crowd that day. Ran into him after the fight too. Basically it was the same exact story except it was in the back of a KFC, and he didn’t wink at me, just kept sayin ‘yeah, salright’ over and over lookin’ down at this big ol fat chick suckin his dick while he's eatin a drumstick. These motherfuckers ain’t got no manners.

how do these keep getting better

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
is there any chance the main card takes 2.5 hours or less? I'd like to watch this but I have to leave at 9:30 PST so I don't really want to buy it and miss the main event.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
My heart says Thompson, but my brain and wallet say a wrestlefucking.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

is there any chance the main card takes 2.5 hours or less? I'd like to watch this but I have to leave at 9:30 PST so I don't really want to buy it and miss the main event.

Hunt vs Overeem could end in the 1st round. That helps. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rashad fight or the Lando fight don't go the distance either, so yeah, the event could go by pretty quickly. At least as far as PPVs go.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Having said that, the women's fight and the Judo Dan Kelly fight probably go the distance.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Memento posted:

Judo Dan Kelly fight probably go the distance.

i love your optimism

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh cool Cruz is commentating today

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Dad Kelly is going to win.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
so far the commentary already feels better than anything I've heard in years. Anik + Cruz + Rogan is a good combo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

so far the commentary already feels better than anything I've heard in years. Anik + Cruz + Rogan is a good combo

:agreed:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Dad Kelly is going to win.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i really appreciate cruz's high level pro fighter opinion

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
It seems like as long as the aren't on the ground Joe will shut up a lot more, which is nice

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I think having two colour guys allows them both to relax a little knowing they won't have to explain every little thing and the little breaks each of them gets when the other's talking seems to let them see a bit more of whats happening.

It's very cool.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

These left hooks are great

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That poor kids gut.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is not an easy fight to score

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

what's the benefit of bridging up like that when someone has you in back mount/has triangled their legs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rigel posted:

This is not an easy fight to score

I got 1st and 3rd to Morales but 1 and 2 are razor close.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dom sounds like he's a teacher talking to the know it all kid when he talks to Joe

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

what's the benefit of bridging up like that when someone has you in back mount/has triangled their legs

When they have a body triangle there isn't one imo.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Dom sounds like he's a teacher talking to the know it all kid when he talks to Joe

Sounds about right

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

yeah that's the way it probably looks to children

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

tyson pedro and paul craig both have voices I don't expect them to have

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

BlindSite posted:

When they have a body triangle there isn't one imo.

but like normal back mount it...restricts their movement? I haven't done jitz in years

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Paul Craig would be a very scary teacher, I hope he wins. He also may have secretly murdered a nazi with a bat.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
have joe and dom never seen Inglourious Basterds

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Great walkout music tbh

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

but like normal back mount it...restricts their movement? I haven't done jitz in years

You can bridge to break their balance and posture at times, depends, it's not a good idea because you'll get flattened out, you should just roll to your side.

Grouse music choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Soothing Vapors posted:

have joe and dom never seen Inglourious Basterds

joe rogan saw avatar in theaters, decided it was the greatest movie ever made, and hasn't been back to theaters since

• Locked thread