Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is Games' Top Dog?
This poll is closed.
Rosie 12 5.71%
Eddy 8 3.81%
Kirby 11 5.24%
Reilly 6 2.86%
Patches 7 3.33%
Gooch 14 6.67%
Rusty 76 36.19%
Coco 36 17.14%
Mishka 14 6.67%
Cid 8 3.81%
Kaya 18 8.57%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
:siren: 2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote :siren: WE'RE HERE NOW
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 2: Subforum Voting

The nominees for the Games Champio are listed at the bottom of this post. Choose wisely, as our subforum is nominating a dog to compete against all the other top dogs across the forums!

Voting will be open until at least Wednesday, March 8.

Questions and Answers
  • How should I choose who to vote for?
    It's up to you! Maybe it's a dog that makes you :3: Maybe it's a dog that makes you :laugh: Maybe it's a dog that represents the id of our subforum. Vote however you like!

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! If you dislike any dogs you will probably be banned. Just kidding! But please try your hardest to like every dog you see.

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Games Nominees

Captain Invictus posted:

My dog Rosie because despite someone throwing her into a river in a plastic bag as a puppy, she survived and we rescued her and she's the best, she meows, coos, barks and grumbles, she chases her tail until she runs headfirst into a wall, she likes to walk between my legs and have me scratch that part of her chest/neck area where her legs can't reach, she is part mastiff part doberman, all muscle, though the mastiff part is decidedly overtaken by the doberman part, before she got older(she's 13 now, below are older photos), she would routinely jump the 4.5 foot high fence we put around the backyard to keep her in in the first place, go on a grand adventure terrorizing the neighbor's chickens or eating squirrels around the neighborhood, and then come home after a few hours and chill on the front step until we let her back inside, these two photos are still my favorite photos of her, partially because every other one I take is blurry as hell because she won't sit still, partially because they're good shots, this is all one sentence technically

Parasol Prophet posted:

Eddy

He is a good dog because we took him to the vet one day and found out that he is actually like 7 years older than we thought he was, so that means he must be some kind of superdog.

HootTheOwl posted:

This is Kirby.
Kirby is a Good Dog because he has completed the Pokedex.

NeurosisHead posted:

This is Reilly.

Reilly is a good dog because no matter what kind of day I'm having she just wants to be close to me because I'm her favorite.

Mordja posted:

This is my dog, Patches, on the beach.

Patches is dead, so if he doesn't win that automatically makes you a terrible person. :twisted:

TheScott2K posted:

Gooch

Gooch lets his toddler girl buddy give him hugs, even though he doesn't really like hugs, because hugs make her happy.

Anidav posted:

Rusty, the cool dog

He is a good dog.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

This is Coco

Coco likes to sleep with her tongue out

We dresssed her up with an Ewok costume for Halloween but she looked pathetic and she was too chunky to fit the rest of the outfit on

So we put on something that suited her curves better

Coco has a sister named Chanel but since this is a one dog show we only are entering Coco

Vote YA DOG COCO COUCH games dog 2017

Xaerael posted:

Mishka

This is Mishka. Mishka is the best dog ever due to her impressive Wookie mimicry, destructive prowess, ability to attempt self medication leading to expensive vet bills, but most of all, her ability to fit in a small wooden box due to now being composed of ash due to a fatal case of being too old for life.

Nephzinho posted:

Cid

Cid is a good dog because he is a grumpy little old man, much like his namesake Cid (FF4), as he alternates between laying in the sunny spots that migrate their way across the apartment and spending time in his living room pillow fort.

Flatulance-a-lot posted:

Kaya

Kaya is a good dag because she is the kindest soul ever, unless you're a critter in which case she is a godless killing machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Go Kirby! Catch our hearts and our votes!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

voted rusty.

it would have been rosie but i cannot in good conscience vote for a dog that is smarter than its owner

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Voted Rusty. That is one cool dog as well as being a good dog.

(They are all good dogs)

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Coco all the way.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
none of these dogs are any good, I am abstaining

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
They are all good dogs but Rusty has good taste in controllers too.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Patches is dead now (RIP) but he looked like a cute sandy boy in life so he gets my full support.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Red Bones posted:

Patches is dead now (RIP) but he looked like a cute sandy boy in life so he gets my full support.

DQ patches

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What happened to the spirit guide dog?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Coco is a good dog, maybe even a great dog. But what message are we sending our children if we vote for a fat dog?

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Coco is a good dog, maybe even a great dog. But what message are we sending our children if we vote for a fat dog?

Looks like her owner feeds her well. Still a good dog

TheShibumi
Jul 15, 2004

Language is a virus.
I went for Coco mostly because of her amazing costumes but also because the person who holds her wears flannel.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Voted Cid. That grumpy old man dog needs to be the champ.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I fell to Coco's nap tongue. Show's over folks.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, this is a pretty tight race. I thought the winners were already pretty much decided but then a new challenger appeared. What a twist.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I voted for Rusty, but they're all winners. They're such good dogs.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Rusty is A Good Dog.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I'm a big fan of da gooch

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

This just in: Kaya has worms, probably from eating random poo poo in the yard, so even if she loses she will be the top Worm Dog in my heart

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Dogs are the best.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Vote for Coco, you will, hmmm?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Vote for Coco, you will, hmmm?

"I need to win this tournament to pay for my Eye Reduction surgery"

You've got my vote, Coco.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Rusty also has a costume.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Voted Rusty

Only gaming dog to be actually playing games

Other dogs are posers

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Vote Rusty

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm voting for Rusty.

He is the only one I have patted and I can confirm first hand experience he is a good dogge.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Rusty is a good doggo

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Rusty is the Super Nintendo of dogs.

Vote 1 Rusty.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The President of the Doggo Republic.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I voted for Kirby because he is a Pokemon Master and I am proud of him

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Anidav posted:

The President of the Doggo Republic.

I need to change my vote.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Voting Rusty, because I believe in The Good Dog™

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
voting Rusty clearly a dog who enjoys his gaming

also gets points for living with anidav lmao poor dog

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav I will vote for Rusty if you legally change your name to Betsy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

also gets points for living with anidav lmao poor dog
lol good point

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Rusty

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to thank the eight people who voted for the side of beef that is Eddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I am happy that all the good dogs have already received at least 5 votes and none of the bad dogs have received any votes at all.

• Locked thread