Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Octavia Spencer, she was nominated for an Oscar for her part in Hidden Figures. She will fit in well I'm sure

Father John Misty, I dunno what to make of him. He's played in a billion bands over the past 15 years, including the quasi-comedy(?) act Har Mar Superstar. And this bit from Wikipedia suggests he's a bit cheeky

quote:

The "Limited Run Promotional Poster" was available at the artist’s website, and promoted a purported release called New Winter, described as a "Christmas Neu-Jazz Double Album", and quoted several paradoxes and reviews (for example, from The Wall Street Journal, calling it the "new standard by which all seasonal music must now be measured", or from Spin, giving the release 10 out of 10 points and calling it an "[e]ssential year-round [sic] listening"). The poster text further states that the release will be sold as "compact disc" as well as "[l]imited edition prismatic hologram 6xLP on merlot and emerald semi-translucent 180 gram vinyl with original alternate-side etchings by Josh Tillman available till supplies last". The poster names five songs that are part of the track list: "Gesture I: Inoculation (Mother And Child)", "Gesture II: Feast Of Spirits", "Anacrusis Future Seed", "Naked Fire/The Fifth Season" and "Gemini".
and also this

quote:

Tillman made headlines by covering Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" and "Welcome to New York" in 2015. He claimed to have never listened to the artist prior to recording the covers.
and this, too

quote:

On July 22, 2016, Tillman gained media attention after walking off stage at XPoNential Music Festival in Camden, New Jersey, after twenty minutes into his planned fifty-minute performance.[36] Instead of performing his setlist, Tillman walked out and asked, "What the gently caress is going on?"[37] He then talked for six minutes about the "numbing" role entertainment plays in our lives and how "stupidity just loving runs the world because entertainment is stupid." When the audience applauded him he asked them not to and responded by saying, "Maybe just take a moment to be really loving profoundly sad."[38] He finally played a ten-minute piece which appeared to reference the frustrations he spoke of during his speech (but which he later mentioned in interviews he'd already been working on for 3 years). Tillman then covered Leonard Cohen's "Bird on the Wire" before telling the crowd he loved them and walked off the stage, cutting his performance short.[39] The following day, Tillman explained his performance in an Instagram post, in which he called Donald Trump's speech at the 2016 Republican National Convention a "demonic clown pageant coronation of our next potential Idiot King", which took place the night before Tillman's performance.
and the rest of the wiki.

Scarlett Johansson will join the Five-Timers Club. Lorde, it's her second time playing.

Vintage is off tonight in lieu of a bunch of shows about Chicago. It returns next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I wonder if they'll have a trump sketch

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

We need a Sean Spicer sketch every episode until he self-destructs (more than he already has).

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Is there an easy way to stream a show like this live?

pwn
May 27, 2004

dvorak posted:

Is there an easy way to stream a show like this live?
I had to find a CBS livestream once, which was found by googling "CBS livestream."

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
You ain"t got no legs Kellyanne!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CannedMacabre posted:

You ain"t got no legs Kellyanne!

i miss you kell aye

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
With two weeks of WTF this should be good

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

You don't know me, I'm from a different movie.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I knew there was a poo poo pie joke coming up as soon as she sat down.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That was an awfully short monologue.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
"It's definitely not about Paul Ryan."

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
:drat:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
SNL bad I don't watch it. TBD? Trump buries Democrats!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

not sure if this is racist or not

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

hahah this short is incredible

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This is too real.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

do you wanna eat my butt

BITCH

pwn
May 27, 2004

That was a weird way to go out to commercial

Vakal
May 11, 2008

pwn posted:

That was a weird way to go out to commercial

Bitch!

pwn
May 27, 2004

They finally worked her Wiig impression into a sketch

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Melissa does a perfect Kristen Wiig impression holy poo poo

pwn
May 27, 2004

AND Kathy Griffin

Edit: and owen wilson

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

They're barely even trying to frame these sketches that are basically "cast members show off their celebrity impersonations" anymore

That was a flawless Kate McKinnon though

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:)

I love the voices stuff.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That Kate McKinnon was pretty good tho

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

ok the kate mckinnon impression was 3 words but the best one

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Street rules, bitch!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

man i was hoping for something better in the chess sketch, that had promise

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I guess Kate is just going to sit on the sidelines in the KellyAnne dress the whole night?

pwn
May 27, 2004

So this shots-of-Kate-on-her-phone thing

What up with that

Is this gonna end up being the fabled integrated advertising we were promised this season

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Knights can jump! What's that short's ending talking about...

Edit: I just realized maybe it's a joke she doesn't know poo poo either.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 5, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Did this dude just do a shoutout to the Oculus Rift in his song

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I don't get this guy.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I'm the guy playing a bass saxophone

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

my brain hasn't been able to process a whole line of this song yet it's really strange

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pwn posted:

I'm the guy playing a bass saxophone

Nice to see sam kinison still getting work despite being dead for 30 years.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Our first dance will be to a Father John Misty song and even we think this one might take a few listens to grow on us.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I really hate how they've turned WU into a kind of comedy-news show instead of playing it straight with good jokes slipped in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
haha our president is Wesley Willis

• Locked thread