Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Is this some kind of joke post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

Is this some kind of joke post?

Sirota's conclusion I question, his data I don't.

The Democratic Party is not popular. What steps can be taken to correct this?

Shouting about Russia does not, at the very least, appear to be helping.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Crowsbeak posted:

I disagree to an extent. Trump is a logical conclusion to the GOP on it's current course for the past generation. We must work to not only undermine Trump but to anhilate that party.

The problem with this is that Trump is in many ways also the logical conclusion to the failures of the Democratic party. Even if we manage to conjure up another 2008 style blowout in 2020 it would only be a matter of time before we end up with Trump 2.0.

We need to start thinking longer term than just beating Trump. That means not only fixing the Democrats but actually doing something about more systemic issues like money in politics, gerrymandering, union rights, voter suppression, etc. Anything less and we're just dooming ourselves to repeat this cycle forever until the whole mess becomes unstable and collapses.

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!
Maybe they should stop bending over backward to their corporate overlords, just a thought.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

readingatwork posted:

Anything less and we're just dooming ourselves to repeat this cycle forever until the whole mess becomes unstable and collapses.
And just to be clear, "the whole mess" is "human civilization on planet Earth". If we gently caress this up bad enough it is likely that we'll doom our species to eventually go extinct on this rock, having never really ventured much further out. It's unlikely that later humans or other Earthbound intelligent life will be able to bootstrap to a technological level even just matching our own, because we've largely depleted the fossil fuels we used to do it (especially the easily-accessible stuff), and the conditions on Earth aren't really such to ever create more of that at scale. Maybe they could use some other path, but if one exists we don't know about it.

Depending on whether you think there is other intelligent life in the universe (and even if you don't) it's hard to imagine higher stakes. That's part of why "we should let Trump implode then reap the rewards" as a strategy is so god-damned grating.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, what about an anti-Regan strategy? or how about anti-Moon Landing?

Oh those things have happened already? I should just accept it and move on?

But what happens if I built my whole identity and social circle around Trump being the anti-christ? What am I supposed to do now?

edit: oh hey, here is some realtalk. The US economy is kicking loving rear end since Trump got elected. It inspires confidence. Well, it doesn't inspire confidence in some people.. but unsurprisingly those people are also not ones that really effect the S&P 500. I am changing my International Equities part of my portfolio to have a specific US Economy section, because I believe it's not going to stop. I am directly investing in the US because Trump is your President. Many other companies and individuals are doing the same. When you're old enough you'll understand what this means (its important).

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 7, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I mean seriously, it's people like this idiot that form the bricks and mortar from which we're supposed to build an enduring civilization that can cross interstellar distances? Or for that matter, even interplanetary distances?

You see how hard the job is? A strategy that sounds an awful lot like "keep to the status quo as much as possible, hope things work out" just isn't going to cut it.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

readingatwork posted:

The problem with this is that Trump is in many ways also the logical conclusion to the failures of the Democratic party. Even if we manage to conjure up another 2008 style blowout in 2020 it would only be a matter of time before we end up with Trump 2.0.

We need to start thinking longer term than just beating Trump. That means not only fixing the Democrats but actually doing something about more systemic issues like money in politics, gerrymandering, union rights, voter suppression, etc. Anything less and we're just dooming ourselves to repeat this cycle forever until the whole mess becomes unstable and collapses.

Oh I agree. We need to transform the democrats then transform the country so its safe from Ancaps. We also need a new vision. Frankly as much as I think he was a useless self aggrandizing man whore we need to go back to Kennedy and the New Frontier. We can offer Americans a new future where we all will have the resources of space at all of ours disposal. (except for ancaps, nazis and wahabist who will at the point of a gun be mining resources in Alaska).

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Tony Montana posted:

edit: oh hey, here is some realtalk. The US economy is kicking loving rear end since Trump got elected. It inspires confidence. Well, it doesn't inspire confidence in some people.. but unsurprisingly those people are also not ones that really effect the S&P 500. I am changing my International Equities part of my portfolio to have a specific US Economy section, because I believe it's not going to stop. I am directly investing in the US because Trump is your President. Many other companies and individuals are doing the same. When you're old enough you'll understand what this means (its important).
don't forget to round out your portfolio with a generous helping of bitcoin too

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
bitcoin is another thing the adults dont really talk about

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
please buy up all the bitcoin and/or US equities you can possibly afford, just go whole hog on that poo poo

I hear housing prices are going up too! Better get in while the market is hot!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Tony Montana posted:

I am changing my International Equities part of my portfolio to have a specific US Economy section, because I believe it's not going to stop.

permanently high plateau

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

JeffersonClay posted:

Trump = Wall street greed and corruption
Trump = capitalist environmental catastrophes
Trump = financial elites’ private profits subsidized with public risk
Trump = tax breaks for the 1% and gutting social services
Trump = False consciousness misleading the working class
Trump = massive profits for shareholders at the expense of workers
Trump = tool of an international conspiracy of oligarchs

JC, does it register for you on any level that this exact same list of complaints was applied successfully to Hillary Clinton by her opposition during the election?

Putting aside the validity of those claims, would you accept that the majority of the electorate believed them? If so, how does the DNC have the moral authority to apply them to Trump? Isn't it just an obvious sort of "I'm rubber, you're glue" strategy?

I would genuinely like the Democrats to be able to say these things, but that requires a supposition that they're a viable alternative to the problems of neoliberal capitalism, and that's exactly where the whole thing falls apart.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
btw here's some realtalk: the stock market is doing well because we'll probably have some fiscal policy for the first time in eight loving years or whatever, and that does inspire confidence as does the tax holiday which is inevitably going to happen

pretty much anyone with sense expected this to happen as soon as it was clear Trump would win the Presidency, regardless of political affiliation

I mean the tax holiday stuff is corruption at its finest but at least money is moving back to the US

but if you think the fundamentals of the American economy are somehow improving in leaps and bounds since the trumpenreich started then you are a loving idiot and I hope you lose your money, because while I may be a leftist I still think certain types of dumb people deserve to be destitute, which is to say I think wannabe bougie retards like yourself should be left to scratch a living off rocks and sand while the rest of colonize space and live forever

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I also have to say the American people, while lots are mewling like retards, lots are also having discussions of real worth.

I think America is a great country simply because someone like Trump could be and is President, you're all confused as poo poo and talking it out and it's sorta working. It's painful and still rocky, but America churns, the show goes on. To be able to roll with that kind of turmoil (because probably the majority of citizens are so well educated and have productive lives and many other factors) and not have to declare martial law is impressive.

Kilroy posted:

btw here's some realtalk: the stock market is doing well because we'll probably have some fiscal policy for the first time in eight loving years or whatever, and that does inspire confidence as does the tax holiday which is inevitably going to happen

pretty much anyone with sense expected this to happen as soon as it was clear Trump would win the Presidency, regardless of political affiliation

I mean the tax holiday stuff is corruption at its finest but at least money is moving back to the US

but if you think the fundamentals of the American economy are somehow improving in leaps and bounds since the trumpenreich started then you are a loving idiot and I hope you lose your money, because while I may be a leftist I still think certain types of dumb people deserve to be destitute, which is to say I think wannabe bougie retards like yourself should be left to scratch a living off rocks and sand while the rest of colonize space and live forever

whoa. Jesus man. You don't hope I lose my money because my money is in America. If I lose my money it's because you hosed up and are broke. You don't want that. It's not tax breaks, its stuff like pipelines and meeting lots of CEOs and making friends and generally being known as the business guy so that'll drive your administration. Trump was given 200 million by his old man in the mid 80s which he now reports has grown to 4.5 billion dollars. I dunno how tight those numbers are, but it's the least flattering ones I could find. That's still a successful business track record right there, in the language that matters.. something Hilary can't show. So yeah, you'll see, we're all going to make a lot of money. Heard that before?

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 7, 2017

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Tony Montana posted:

So yeah, you'll see, we're all going to make a lot of money. Heard that before?
I seem to remember hearing it an awful lot in the later years of the Bush admin, yeah.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kilroy posted:

I seem to remember hearing it an awful lot in the later years of the Bush admin, yeah.

People were making a lot of money under Reagan, up to Savings and Loan.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kilroy posted:

I mean seriously, it's people like this idiot that form the bricks and mortar from which we're supposed to build an enduring civilization that can cross interstellar distances? Or for that matter, even interplanetary distances?
gently caress you and gently caress space. I want a decent job, and maybe once that is accomplished, for cops to stop murdering people. I couldn't care less about whatever Silicon Valley United Federation of Billionaire Space Oligarchs fantasy you have and neither could anyone else outside of a Trek convention.

You're part of the problem.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tony Montana posted:

I say this with all sincerity:

I hope you lose all of your money and have to rely on welfare.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

gently caress you and gently caress space. I want a decent job, and maybe once that is accomplished, for cops to stop murdering people.

Why do you view these goals as being opposed to Star Trek future? You know that space exploration would create a shitload of jobs if we really ramped it up.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.
Small aside I think rallying around space as a patriotic job creater is a potentially good strategy. Possibly not but I'd like to see someone try it.

In general Trump should be hammered for the job implications of every single budget cut he makes since every budget cut has an immediate implication for jobs. How many people would an EPA slash lay off? Democrats should have that answer on the ready.

And in general democrats need to rally around supporting everything trump is cutting. The EPA for example does real things that impact everyone in this country. List them. Show pictures of smog in china (or even Europe). Etc.

When things are on the chopping block its a great opportunity to defend them, as we've seen with rising support for Obamacare. Dems need to be quick and ready to do it and it's desperately needed - government institutions have been dragged through the mud from the right for years.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Rent-A-Cop posted:

gently caress you and gently caress space. I want a decent job, and maybe once that is accomplished, for cops to stop murdering people. I couldn't care less about whatever Silicon Valley United Federation of Billionaire Space Oligarchs fantasy you have and neither could anyone else outside of a Trek convention.

You're part of the problem.
The things you want are worthy goals in and of themselves, and also critical steps on the path to what I mentioned, so not sure what you're raging against here.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
TTrump and Bannon are a literal existential threat to humanity so long as they aim to roll back Obama's efforts at fighting climate change. The show will most certainly not "go on" if that happens and it'll be because of reactionary idiots like you, TM.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ze Pollack posted:

Sirota's conclusion I question, his data I don't.

The Democratic Party is not popular. What steps can be taken to correct this?

Shouting about Russia does not, at the very least, appear to be helping.

How do you draw that conclusion from the data? Even at its lowest point in that graph, the Dems' favorability rating is still higher than the Republicans' current favorability rating.

As for the data, I'd question that as well, because it seems to be intentionally trimmed of context. It begins in March 2014 - immediately after the end of the big spike in Dem unpopularity that made up much of 2013. It's always suspicious when someone crops a graph to begin or end immediately before/after a big spike in whatever the graph was measuring without a good reason that they're upfront about. The jump in favorability rating during the election season looks minor on his chart, but its actually the highest favorability rating have ever had since his data source began aggregating polls in early 2012. Similarly, the current decline in favorability looks bad on his chart, but move the starting point forward by just a couple of months and you see that it pales in comparison to the Dems' unpopularity at the beginning of 2014.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

move the starting point forward by just a couple of months and you see that it pales in comparison to the Dems' unpopularity at the beginning of 2014.

Yeah, that's uh, still not great, and the fact that the party's image went down after the election is proof that people are unhappy with their handling of the Trumpening.

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.

Fiction posted:

TTrump and Bannon are a literal existential threat to humanity so long as they aim to roll back Obama's efforts at fighting climate change. The show will most certainly not "go on" if that happens and it'll be because of reactionary idiots like you, TM.

Anti-global nationalist movements (left or right) are the enemy of humanity. Trump and Bannon are just part of it. Global capitalism supporting global institutions and global agreements is easily the best hope for combating climate change (and maintaining peace) that's on the horizon.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Kilroy posted:

Another problem with the 'anti-trump strategy'. People say this stuff is terrible and than they nominate/support a person that publicly says the rich are going to pay their share while privately saying to wall street that they're going to do the same thing with a small percentage going to an infrastructure fund.

Third Way Democrats are far more dangerous to the country than any republican because they say all the right things publicly while actively sabotaging any chance of it getting done behind the scenes.

At least the left is waking up to Trump continuing Obama's legacy of executive orders and failed foreign policy. We wouldn't be seeing the same thing if Hillary won the election.

(that said, we're still doomed. 2018, we won't have the right candidates. 2020, the establishment is going to continue marching down the path they want to head down and trump's going to get back most of the johnson/mcmullin defectors while the democrat side will still be depressed as they run NOT TRUMP [aka Hillary/Biden/M. Obama/Cory Booker] instead of somebody that can tap into that populist anger and walk the walk)

Fiction posted:

Obama's efforts were meaningless gestures (like most of his presidency) since they did nothing to curb the pollution of fast-developing nations like China and India.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Fiction posted:

Yeah, that's uh, still not great, and the fact that the party's image went down after the election is proof that people are unhappy with their handling of the Trumpening.

Or it could mean that the Dems are no longer spending a national ad budget on trying to fight for attention and popularity. Or it could mean that the Dems are currently rudderless and consumed in infighting, with much of their well-known leadership currently relegated to the backrooms or bleachers and a barren bench with few up-and-coming contenders. Or it could mean that, as the party argues over its own future, people are less sure what it stands for or what it will stand for. Anyone who looks at that graph, cherrypicked or not, and says they can pin all the changes on one thing is a liar, a shill, or a delusional idiot.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Call Me Charlie posted:

(that said, we're still doomed. 2018, we won't have the right candidates. 2020, the establishment is going to continue marching down the path they want to head down and trump's going to get back most of the johnson/mcmullin defectors while the democrat side will still be depressed as they run NOT TRUMP [aka Hillary/Biden/M. Obama/Cory Booker] instead of somebody that can tap into that populist anger and walk the walk)

Oprah 2020! :toot:

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

JC, does it register for you on any level that this exact same list of complaints was applied successfully to Hillary Clinton by her opposition during the election?

Putting aside the validity of those claims, would you accept that the majority of the electorate believed them?

There's no evidence that they did. The vast majority of people are able to tell the difference between democrats and republicans on issues like the environment, regulations, the minimum wage and taxes, despite the best efforts of Jill Stein and her ilk.

quote:

If so, how does the DNC have the moral authority to apply them to Trump? Isn't it just an obvious sort of "I'm rubber, you're glue" strategy?

I would genuinely like the Democrats to be able to say these things, but that requires a supposition that they're a viable alternative to the problems of neoliberal capitalism, and that's exactly where the whole thing falls apart.

I'm not suggesting the DNC make those Trump=the worst of capitalism arguments, I'm suggesting the left make those arguments.

JeffersonClay posted:

And if the left can successfully tie trump to the shittiest parts of capitalism, once the democrats have won, Trump becomes a bludgeon to use against moderate democrats. Is Corey Booker too close to wall street or financial institutions? He’s just like trump! Is Joe Manchin willing to poo poo on the environment to benefit some coal company? He’s just like trump! Is Chelsea Clinton pulling the wool over the eyes of the working class? She’s just like trump!

Democrats are trying their best to turn the word Trump into a slur, and if they succeed that slur is going to be useful for a generation. The left will be wasting a massive opportunity if they don’t work to link Trump to the 1%, to financial institutions and wall street, and to the worst features of capitalism. Because if people think all those things when they think about Trump, it will be a lot harder for squishy dems to embrace them, and a lot easier for the left to punish them if they try. But to do that the left needs to stop worrying about the anti-Trump strategy and start co-opting it. And as a consequence, the left should consider other democrats attacking trump on Russia or on pussy grabbing as allies, and consider arguments that defend trump or diminish other anti-Trump efforts as counterproductive.

Fiction posted:

Regardless, it's real dumb to look at that graph and say "see, people think all this russia stuff is bullshit!" There's no support for that conclusion.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

JeffersonClay posted:

There's no evidence that they did. The vast majority of people are able to tell the difference between democrats and republicans on issues like the environment, regulations, the minimum wage and taxes, despite the best efforts of Jill Stein and her ilk.

I'm not suggesting the DNC make those Trump=the worst of capitalism arguments, I'm suggesting the left make those arguments.

Regardless, it's real dumb to look at that graph and say "see, people think all this russia stuff is bullshit!" There's no support for that conclusion.

I can tell the difference between ultramarine and navy while still recognizing they're both blue.

The left shouldn't make Trump = "the worst of capitalism" arguments because it suggests that the Obama-era capitalism is an acceptable alternative to Trumpian capitalism.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

asdf32 posted:

Anti-global nationalist movements (left or right) are the enemy of humanity. Trump and Bannon are just part of it. Global capitalism supporting global institutions and global agreements is easily the best hope for combating climate change (and maintaining peace) that's on the horizon.

Ugh. So who are you to say this?

Why do I always dive in and ask a poster to qualify themselves. It's because we're talking about grown-up poo poo and when I read stuff like that I really wonder if I'm trying to explain stuff to a teenager.

It's just mindless bullshit. All hold hands and work together and have you seen Star Trek, well in Star Trek humans have grown beyond national borders and they all work together and that's better because I'm Liberal and I have no qualms in telling you what is best because I know what is best.

Globalization for many people means off-shoring, or as a previous employer (Hewlett Packard) once told me 'oh we don't call it off-shoring, here at HP we call it best-shoring'. Globalization means there are gently caress all sysadmin jobs left in IT because there is someone willing to work for bowl of rice a day on the other side of the world with an Internet connection, why would we pay you? Globalization means local Universities focusing more on attracting overseas full-fee paying students because that brings more money into the Uni than educating citizens due to the government rebates on education.

Globalization means a whole lot of stuff that unless you've worked and had a life as an adult you have no loving idea about. So preaching about how it's the answer to all our problems makes me want to strangle you.

This is part of Trump's platform that has gained resonance with so many.

Yes, combined approaches to big problems like climate change are required. But touting globalization as some sort of ideal is something straight out of 80s economics, before we'd done it and learned about a whole lot of big loving problems it brings with it.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Its insanely telling that JC's proposed strategy for the left is to first work hard at putting the centrists back in power.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Kingfish posted:

I can tell the difference between ultramarine and navy while still recognizing they're both blue.

The left shouldn't make Trump = "the worst of capitalism" arguments because it suggests that the Obama-era capitalism is an acceptable alternative to Trumpian capitalism.

"Obama-era capitalism".

Christ.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

The Kingfish posted:

Its insanely telling that JC's proposed strategy for the left is to first work hard at putting the centrists back in power.

First purge centrists from blue states.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I do think it's really telling that the first priority is to annihilate the entirety of the existing Democratic Party, and THEN try to do something about Trump, while whining about how nobody's getting anything done. Like, do y'all think you can destroy the American two-party system in a day if only the dread pirate JeffersonClay would cry a little and say you're right about everything or something?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tony Montana posted:

I also have to say the American people, while lots are mewling like retards, lots are also having discussions of real worth.

I think America is a great country simply because someone like Trump could be and is President, you're all confused as poo poo and talking it out and it's sorta working. It's painful and still rocky, but America churns, the show goes on. To be able to roll with that kind of turmoil (because probably the majority of citizens are so well educated and have productive lives and many other factors) and not have to declare martial law is impressive.

whoa. Jesus man. You don't hope I lose my money because my money is in America. If I lose my money it's because you hosed up and are broke. You don't want that. It's not tax breaks, its stuff like pipelines and meeting lots of CEOs and making friends and generally being known as the business guy so that'll drive your administration. Trump was given 200 million by his old man in the mid 80s which he now reports has grown to 4.5 billion dollars. I dunno how tight those numbers are, but it's the least flattering ones I could find. That's still a successful business track record right there, in the language that matters.. something Hilary can't show. So yeah, you'll see, we're all going to make a lot of money. Heard that before?

I work and do pretty well for myself relatively speaking but if you think business people know poo poo, lol, ok.

Unfortunately most of the people who manage large sums of money are salesmen who are absolute trash and are subsidized merely by being specialists in lucrative industry.

Whatever business people want, do the opposite. They'll whine and moan but cope anyway and everyone else will be better off. If the businessmen fail, that's their problem.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

I work and do pretty well for myself relatively speaking but if you think business people know poo poo, lol, ok.

Unfortunately most of the people who manage large sums of money are salesmen who are absolute trash and are subsidized merely by being specialists in lucrative industry.

Whatever business people want, do the opposite. They'll whine and moan but cope anyway and everyone else will be better off. If the businessmen fail, that's their problem.

What the..

So here you go. Read that. The business people that employ this guy don't know poo poo. They're just salesman and they only reason they make money is because they are specialists! How ridiculous!

Bill Gates was and still is a business person. He never got his CS degree from Harvard, so he is a business guy first and a coder second. Marketing was always Microsoft's strong suit. He knows more about basically everything that you ever will.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Brainiac Five posted:

I do think it's really telling that the first priority is to annihilate the entirety of the existing Democratic Party, and THEN try to do something about Trump, while whining about how nobody's getting anything done. Like, do y'all think you can destroy the American two-party system in a day if only the dread pirate JeffersonClay would cry a little and say you're right about everything or something?

We're not going to destroy the two party system. We're going to take over one of the two parties wear it around like the alien from MiB. The DNC can't do anything to hinder Trump until 2018 at the absolute earliest anyway.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Like, we can do both. We can stand up to Trump AND we can purge the centrists. The latter will hopefully speed up the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tony Montana posted:

What the..

So here you go. Read that. The business people that employ this guy don't know poo poo. They're just salesman and they only reason they make money is because they are specialists! How ridiculous!

Bill Gates was and still is a business person. He never got his CS degree from Harvard, so he is a business guy first and a coder second. Marketing was always Microsoft's strong suit. He knows more about basically everything that you ever will.

They're not really specialists- they work in a specialist industry that makes money hand over fist. They're salesmen in that industry.

However, I can tell that they're making a recent stream of pretty bad decisions that indicates to me that they got where they got because they had connections and luck. I am in fact much smarter and more knowledgable than them. If I were in their position I would absolutely make better decisions than them.

I don't really care about Bill Gates and I don't think Bill Gates gives a gently caress about me so I don't see what he has to do with this. If the billionaires pass policy to benefit the billionaire constituency, the benefits won't accrue for me.

• Locked thread