Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Chris James 2 posted:

When did Dave mention it

If you're talking about the surprise he and Bryan were excited about, that was already confirmed to 1) be Cena/Joe at Mania and 2) not be happening

As far as anyone else saying it, it's been 3 full years. This is now firmly in the Cena Heel Turn category of "don't ever assume it's happening until the commentators explicitly repeatedly openly explain it's happening because otherwise it's 100% not"

Honestly, I'd be with you if it weren't for Reign's spot in the Rumble. He was sent out specifically to get boo's, and I can't remember the last time they did with Reigns as a solo competitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Honestly, I'd be with you if it weren't for Reign's spot in the Rumble. He was sent out specifically to get boo's, and I can't remember the last time they did with Reigns as a solo competitor.

them taking advantage of a smark crowd to not get the rumble result booed means jack poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

They didn't want the Rumble booed a 3rd (4th???) year in a row and knew Reigns being eliminated would make the winner they had (who would have gotten booed if he was eliminating anyone else) get cheered. It was probably the smartest booking decision they've made since Punk won the belt in Chicago

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Oh Snapple! posted:

them taking advantage of a smark crowd to not get the rumble result booed means jack poo poo

They also had him go out and eliminate the Undertaker, which they know he's going to get boo'd doing, and they know he will get boo'd during the Undertaker match. They didn't do it just for the end result, because they're also setting him up as a heel in the Taker match.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

This is an excellent point, and also it's criminal that you don't have an avatar that matches your username, but if I was gonna' spend money on an avatar, I'd fix mine.

• Locked thread