Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
basically they were talking on the phone and he said he was going to Buffalo Wild Wings tomorrow (they have some special deal on Tuesdays). My mom said she doesn't like wings, but said that I do and I would go with him. Now my uncle is gonna call me after he gets off work tomorrow.

What the gently caress? Who think it's acceptable to make arrangements for other people? This is why I always tell my mom not to talk about me and not to tell people what things I like: to avoid awkward situations like this.

I don't know what to do. My plan right now is just to ignore the phone call tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Tell your uncle it's more like Buffalo Mild Wings, then he won't want to go with you anymore.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
If your uncle wants to watch Nickelodeon with you, tell him it's more like Mild and Lazy Kids.

Senior Management

Tell your uncle about your Taco based plights. He has probably been through this before and will have good advice or be weirded out and leave you alone. Either way you win.

:jerry:

Historical Wizards

Ein cooler Typ posted:

What the gently caress? Who think it's acceptable to make arrangements for other people?

Yeah that's really not cool.
I recently got signed up to march in a parade for a holiday I don't celebrate

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Historical Wizards

And the specific part I would be marching in would be political, yay.

Senior Management

One day you too will be a lonely uncle and want to take your nephew to B-Dubs

FluffieDuckie

The good thing about being an adult is you don't have to do what your mom tells you to anymore

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckie posted:

The good thing about being an adult is you don't have to do what your mom tells you to anymore

I don't have to but I'm either gonna have to ignore my uncle when he calls me or talk to him on the phone and tell him I don't wanna eat with him. Either way he might get mad at me

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

seconding this

Piso Mojado

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I don't have to but I'm either gonna have to ignore my uncle when he calls me or talk to him on the phone and tell him I don't wanna eat with him. Either way he might get mad at me

have you considered just calling him tonight and cancelling since you already have something going on. seems like you can easily navigate through this crisis without going to bdubs OR being a dick imo.

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
I can't call people because of my social anxiety

----------------

vanisher

My Mom does little things like this sometimes, less as I get older.

I'm sure it's coming from a good place, it's not like she knows you hate wings and your uncle and is rubbing her hands together chuckling maniacally

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Piso Mojado

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't call people because of my social anxiety

then text him. its like posting but easier

Sing Along

by Athanatos

FluffieDuckie posted:

Surprisingly enough, this is not actually true. The consequences for failure, in fact, seem to become more severe and take on nearly eschatological ramifications.

----------------

OXBALLS DOT COM

by FactsAreUseless

Socks4Hands posted:

Surprisingly enough, this is not actually true. The consequences for failure, in fact, seem to become more severe and take on nearly eschatological ramifications.

Sounds like it's time to immanentize the eschaton

Rushi

by Smythe
use t his as an opportunity to play your family against each other

----------------

Piso Mojado

Rushi posted:

Robot Made of Meat

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Social interaction has been known to result in meeting cute latina females (and reduced incidence of succumbing to a heart attack alone in your walk-up apartment with salsa splattered all over the stairs).

But then, I'm not terribly social either, so what do I know?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Socks4Hands posted:

Ummm. I'm very sorry to have to say this in a forum where people with reduced facilities might be watching but, p*ffle!

Robot Made of Meat

To weigh in on the topic with an actual answer, ECT needs to work hard on social interaction. Having a meal with a family member would be a very small, but definitely helpful step.

Do it, ECT. Have a meal with a family member. Enjoy it. Let go, relax, and have a meal.

OXBALLS DOT COM

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Social interaction has been known to result in meeting cute latina females (and reduced incidence of succumbing to a heart attack alone in your walk-up apartment with salsa splattered all over the stairs).

But then, I'm not terribly social either, so what do I know?

If it's big rear end Latina teens it sounds more like it would increase my chance of having a heart attack and/or spilling salsa

Macnult

Rushi posted:

Sing Along

by Athanatos

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Sounds like it's time to immanentize the eschaton

solar storm triggers simultaneous global meltdown of all nuclear reactors ending humanity in 30, then

----------------

Sole.Sushi

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Just tell the truth my friend and say to your uncle "look, my mom just sorta volunteered me for this and I just found out about it today. I already have plans, and I'm sorry but I can't attend."

Maybe throw in a "Haha, your sister is crazy as hell, right? Looks like you got roped into yet another wacky situation!" then just set the phone down next to a looped recording of the theme song for "That's My Mama!"

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
My uncle knows I'm a friendless loser so he wouldn't believe that "I already have plans"

----------------

Senior Management

eat the wings

Manifisto

Ein cooler Typ posted:

My uncle knows I'm a friendless loser so he wouldn't believe that "I already have plans"

all I'm seeing here is an opportunity to mooch some free wings and maybe a free beer or two off your uncle and perhaps get him to tell you some funny/incriminating stories about your mom's youth which will teach her the dangers in making plans for you without your consent

it's all upside ect, eat the drat wings

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN

To weigh in on the topic with an actual answer, ECT needs to work hard on social interaction. Having a meal with a family member would be a very small, but definitely helpful step.

Do it, ECT. Have a meal with a family member. Enjoy it. Let go, relax, and have a meal.

Yesss! You might enjoy it!
Two things: If you aren't going just because you're scared it'll be awkward, we'll if it's boring or whatever, you'll have a shittier evening spent worrying about standing him up if you don't go I can guarantee it.
However, you shouldn't do something just to please someone else but it might be fun!

HotSoapyBeard fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 7, 2017

Modern Dandy

King Detritivore
Bud, I WISH somebody would take me for wingz. This is the opposite of a problem. You are loved.

google THIS

Vynar posted:

eat the wings

this is the correct response for any situation involving wings

Sole.Sushi

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
When life gives you an uncle, eat them wings

Historical Wizards

Manifisto posted:

all I'm seeing here is an opportunity to mooch some free wings and maybe a free beer or two off your uncle and perhaps get him to tell you some funny/incriminating stories about your mom's youth which will teach her the dangers in making plans for you without your consent

it's all upside ect, eat the drat wings

Or he could tell you stories about his youth, they could be really interesting or funny, like the one my uncle told me about the time him and his friends went to the movies while on drugs.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Vynar posted:

eat the wings

and get some fries ok

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i once had crippling social anxiety as a child then one day I simply decicded not to and that so happened to be the same day I had some of that Buffalo Wild Wings BLAZIN'® sauce made with the spooky ghost pepper on my wings

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

hamjobs posted:

and get some fries ok

You do not eat fries with wings.

Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I say go, but take your phone and put it on the table, and check it every so often, opening up the browser. Do this for longer and longer periods of time until you're just eating while reading your phone.

Scaly Haylie

Putty posted:

You do not eat fries with wings.

You can do whatever you want in life.

Robot Made of Meat

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I say go, but take your phone and put it on the table, and check it every so often, opening up the browser. Do this for longer and longer periods of time until you're just eating while reading your phone.

So, kinda' like half the people in any given restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

So, kinda' like half the people in any given restaurant.

Yes. It's the perfect rouse to cover for social anxiety, because everyone else does it anyway!

• Locked thread