Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

205 Live has Jack Gallagher and Smackdown has Dolph Ziggler, I think the winner is clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

John Dudebro posted:

205 Live has Jack Gallagher and Smackdown has Dolph Ziggler, I think the winner is clear

Bring back Jacket as Matanza

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Most of the "Roman sucks" chants during their encounter have been muted and/or erased in the Youtube video highlight on WWE's channel

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Most of the "Roman sucks" chants during their encounter have been muted and/or erased in the Youtube video highlight on WWE's channel

Lol wwe is the worst.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Smackdown is better because it doesn't have Alicia Fox being used as a valet who's presented as the hysterical, man jumping, craaaazy woman of color stereotype. It's a funny gag when Dar says "gently caress," but she absolutely shouldn't be reduced to this role when she should be on a proper Raw's women division, and not the NXT Darlings Hot Potato Challenge belt.

I also totally get if people think this is taking it too seriously, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Can't wait for Roman to beat the Undertaker to thunderous applause, Only on Youtube

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Smackdown is better because it doesn't have Alicia Fox being used as a valet who's presented as the hysterical, man jumping, craaaazy woman of color stereotype. It's a funny gag when Dar says "gently caress," but she absolutely shouldn't be reduced to this role when she should be on a proper Raw's women division, and not the NXT Darlings Hot Potato Challenge belt.

I also totally get if people think this is taking it too seriously, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Completely understand.

However

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/838552819670056960

:allears:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Black Is Black posted:

Kenny Omega had a 6 star match without using his finisher once.

Ok.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Black Is Black posted:

Kenny Omega had a 6 star match without using his finisher once.

He used, at minimum, four other wrestlers signatures or finishers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Abroham Lincoln posted:

look at the adjective: where

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Were the 2016 Rowdy Ringsports Wrestling Year End Awards ever posted?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've seen nothing to suggest Alicia Fox the wrestler is better than Alicia Faaaaaaauuuuuux on 205 Live, where she is genuinely awesome.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lid posted:

He used, at minimum, four other wrestlers signatures or finishers.

Right, but they're not HIS, which means they only hit at 75% power

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

no, but this is going to be the time they turn him heel, i can feel it, they are so obviously setting him up to be heel, i know vince has let me down the previous 18 times but this time, this time,

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

dogs are natural faces, let heel roman go

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

VJeff posted:

I've seen nothing to suggest Alicia Fox the wrestler is better than Alicia Faaaaaaauuuuuux on 205 Live, where she is genuinely awesome.

she ate the drat flowers

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Romans getting a little chunks

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Romans getting a little chunks

No,

he gets big chunks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Chris James 2 posted:

"You people always cheer for the wrong person."

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Regarding Balor returning at WM to join HHH's planned group, I think Foochs already asked but what's the source on this?

Because if they follow up Rollins returning from injury as a heel with Balor returning from injury as a heel I think they've lost all semblance of what wrestling booking is :psyduck:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You can bring back Balor as a heel as long as you pair him up with the #1 face, Roman Reigns

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Big Dog Bow Wow Crew (BDBWC)comprised of Reigns, Balor, Owens, and Joe dominates WWE for the next 5 years, with Rollins as Crow Sting and Strowman as Lex Luger the only allied force that can stop them

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Balor coming back to protect his mentor and get revenge on the guy who injured him and derailed his career is pretty much the most logical booking you could do so in this case bringing him back as a heel would make perfect sense.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I (fortunately?) can't really remember much of Evolution, were Randy and Batista allowed to beat folks on their own or was it all interference, all the time

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Rhonne posted:

"You people always cheer for the wrong person."

I know you are trying to make a joke but:

"It's the RAW after Wrestlemania where the fans cheer the people they normally boo and boo teh people they normally cheer."

was a thing actually said on TV.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Skinty McEdger posted:

Balor coming back to protect his mentor and get revenge on the guy who injured him and derailed his career is pretty much the most logical booking you could do so in this case bringing him back as a heel would make perfect sense.

The most logical booking they could do would be putting him right back in the Universal Championship scene.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

I know you are trying to make a joke but:

"It's the RAW after Wrestlemania where the fans cheer the people they normally boo and boo teh people they normally cheer."

was a thing actually said on TV.

Oh my god I actually forgot that they gave a disclaimer for why Roman Reigns was going to be booed out of the building

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

The most logical booking they could do would be putting him right back in the Universal Championship scene.

Going to be hard when by the time he's back, Brock (and the belt) will never be around again or at least until like Summerslam

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

I (fortunately?) can't really remember much of Evolution, were Randy and Batista allowed to beat folks on their own or was it all interference, all the time

Before Randy's push was killed, Randy got huge amounts of time for matches and promos, very few of which were that good, and Batista mostly squashed people or was the second guy in a tag.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Balor will do something cool and get a big win and then be Roman's first feud after Mania because we can't have nice things.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh my god AJ is a genius

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
How do you give AJ Styles a match against loving Shane at Wrestlemania? How are they not ashamed?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gatts posted:

How do you give AJ Styles a match against loving Shane at Wrestlemania? How are they not ashamed?

More like how do you give Shane McMahon a match against loving AJ Styles at Wrestlemania? How are they not ashamed?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Styles will have lost to Jericho AND Shane at Mania

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Wrestlemania preview

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love wwe's idea that Roman is actually cheered all the time. I miss when they were trying to tell us that the fans booing Roman means they like him they just enjoy booing him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

More like how do you give Shane McMahon a match against loving AJ Styles at Wrestlemania? How are they not ashamed?

Hey now that's the guy who has taken both The Undertaker AND Kane to their limits.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skinty McEdger posted:

But why would Balor want to work with Joe, guy who he had a blood feud with for 6 months?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Skinty McEdger posted:

Why the hell would anyone want Balor to come back as a heel so he can be squashed by Roman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

But why would Balor want to work with Joe, guy who he had a blood feud with for 6 months?

The only actual booking choices left for him when he returns are either "restart feud with Joe people were sick of 2 months into its run in NXT" or "random heel turn against the guy who genuinely did hurt him and cost him months of action and a title run". At least option B is something original

• Locked thread