Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Morgana is full of so many secrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's a joke for people who have made past the first dungeon:

Ryuji: Oh no...Im using the cat bus!

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
the slaves are in pain. all is going according to plan, speedo king.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I went to the diner 4-5 times in a row before midterms but level 2 knowledge isn't enough to ace exams. Gah!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I went to the diner 4-5 times in a row before midterms but level 2 knowledge isn't enough to ace exams. Gah!

I've been working on charm and kindness so I can pick up chicks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Love the opening of this game and I've watched it every time I've booted it up (2 times.) Reminds me of P3 a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxNAwZ-A88w&t=8s

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Are there autosaves or checkpoints happening in the background in the game? I dunno if I should be worrying about saving often, especially since so much of the game doesnt let you freely save (so far)

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

R. Guyovich posted:

i did this too lol

I just saw what I think everyone else is talking about.. Goddamn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Are there autosaves or checkpoints happening in the background in the game? I dunno if I should be worrying about saving often, especially since so much of the game doesnt let you freely save (so far)

There's something happening every time you sleep I think? Because when I died on the final boss of the first dungeon and was very close to the deadline, one of my options was "Roll back 5 days?"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I would save as often as the game lets you, I don't think there's autosaving going on

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

There's something happening every time you sleep I think? Because when I died on the final boss of the first dungeon and was very close to the deadline, one of my options was "Roll back 5 days?"

That was in P4 as well, it's so the game doesn't become literally unbeatable if you gamed your way into a corner

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That was in P4 as well, it's so the game doesn't become literally unbeatable if you gamed your way into a corner

Yeah. I just save every chance I get because I'm also afraid of my PS4 turning itself off again

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I would save as often as the game lets you, I don't think there's autosaving going on

:tipshat:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
named my protagonist ☆Killa☆ Kush, and Im getting a real kick out of ppl calling me Kush-kun

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

I've been working on charm and kindness so I can pick up chicks.

In P4 you got powerful accessories + bonus money for acing exams as well as points towards all your school friends social links, in this game it looks like good scores just net you some charm points. I think I got owned.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's a bunch of free DLC on psn. JPN voices, medicine pack, card pack (not sure what this is yet) and Hell difficulty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got some personas like triple my level for preordering digital, idk if that's on the physical versions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As of tomorrow afternoon I'm on spring break until 4/17 :staredog:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
what did u guys choose for your protagonist names?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUwBIP7rjlA

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

My real rear end name

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

My real rear end name

Same here

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I googled if he had a canon name

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Harry Potter

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i went with Jan Janson (not from Wisconsin) mostly because Hiro Protagonist wouldn't fit.

I named my band of thieves Bad Company. Till the day I die~~~~

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

real first name w/Shoes as the last name. Been my naming convention for every SMT

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

booya

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Cards can teach your personas new skills, I think.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i dont wanna shoot my wad too quick but this game is one of the most inspiring pieces of art ive seen in years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's everyone's favorite menu. Mine so far is at the walk in clinic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soft ban on the battle results screen though because it's too good

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Soft ban on the battle results screen though because it's too good

really wish I could find a clean version of the all out attack screens, pretty much one of the most stylish things I've seen in video games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nuoh my god there's a vocal version

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The meeting menu, especially when you're on the rooftop of the school and it's raining.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

What's everyone's favorite menu. Mine so far is at the walk in clinic

i think im gonna be ripping off the basic triangle button menu for a painting tomorrow. if only i could emulate the thwack sound

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Agean90 posted:

really wish I could find a clean version of the all out attack screens, pretty much one of the most stylish things I've seen in video games

its so loving good, i was pumping my fist real hard the first time i saw it

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

oh my god the city bgm has a vocal version at night

I havent been this down with a games vibe since jet set radio

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the streaming restrictions are whatever but it's downright criminal i can't screenshot this style

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Incredible, the fast travel map will list social links that you haven't found yet but are ready to be found. That's very nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

morgana why are you a van.

stop that

• Locked thread