Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

i wish i could say more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was an amazing performance.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Just waiting for Maryse to bring up Nikki and Brie undercutting all of the Divas back in the day when they were all holding out for larger contracts.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is there a version of the :stare: that slowly expands because I need that to describe my reaction

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Did Maryse just call Nikki Bella a prostitute

"If ya know what I mean..."

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
do miz and daniel hate each other or are good friends

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

miz saying bryan couldn't wrestle because of his scrambled brain made me think 'oh god bryan will punch him for that' and then bryan did something far worse :gonk:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im tired of the "if they let me" excuse of Bryan. Quit and go to NJPW and get your brain scrambled. But his shoot persona sucks.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

"I wish I could say more."

:eyepop:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

Pretty sure they're friends.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im tired of the "if they let me" excuse of Bryan. Quit and go to NJPW and get your brain scrambled. But his shoot persona sucks.

He can't quit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoctorGonzo posted:

I'm tired of you being tired.

:colbert:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

bryan please do not suicide via tope and leave your children and wife in the care of robot monster john cena

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

MotU posted:

I wouldn't doubt for a second that he and Miz are hitting bullet points and trying to poke each other's buttons as friends because Daniel doesn't give a single gently caress and wants to go make Brie and his newborn daughter watch him get murdered by Shibata.

I'm sure Bryan's got really thick skin even if Miz was trying to say actual hurtful things to him, but most of Talking Smack is still 'scripted' as much as it can be.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 8, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously real talk I pray to God Bryan never wrestles again if only because he has a wife and child.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Miz has been out debating Bryan for months and he still cant let it go beyond "you are not an indy wrestler" Well he is right and also he can still wrestle because MIZ doesnt hosed up his own body. I WORKED MYSELF INTO A SHOOT. H.H.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MotU posted:

It's some real old-school wrestling heat when you wonder if the opponents hate each other with a blinding passion outside of the show. In reality people are more likely to get into it with their tag team partner than with the guy wailing on him with a chair.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Bryan's book talks about how much respect he has for the Miz, and about how much Miz being in his corner during his NXT days helped.

Also, there was an anecdote where during a promo class Vince was teaching where he had wrestlers call other wrestlers to cut promos about whatever, and Bryan called Vince for a promo on "How Awesome Daniel Bryan is." Vince just kinda glared at Bryan in different ways, and said he was done. When Bryan didn't grasp the lesson, Miz groaned sympathetically.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Miz has been out debating Bryan for months and he still cant let it go beyond "you are not an indy wrestler" Well he is right and also he can still wrestle because MIZ doesnt hosed up his own body. I WORKED MYSELF INTO A SHOOT. H.H.

Bryan isn't gonna try to get over if he's not competing. He'll drop a lead for someone to follow cuz he wants people to look good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously real talk I pray to God Bryan never wrestles again if only because he has a wife and child.

Hey, every doctor except WWE's say Bryan can wrestle. I don't think he's just blowing smoke.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Hey, every doctor except WWE's say Bryan can wrestle. I don't think he's just blowing smoke.

But think about this. He loving admitted to having post concussion seizures. I don't give a gently caress how much of a hard-on people have for the idea of him wrestling in Japan, it would make me very sad and is a bad idea and honestly the fact that he seems to be serious about it makes me struggle to not think less of him now that he has a family.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But think about this. He loving admitted to having post concussion seizures. I don't give a gently caress how much of a hard-on people have for the idea of him wrestling in Japan, it would make me very sad and is a bad idea and honestly the fact that he seems to be serious about it makes me struggle to not think less of him now that he has a family.

He is an adult. He should do whatever the gently caress he wants.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
miz is good

v excited for cena's response

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

He is an adult. He should do whatever the gently caress he wants.

Yes, but he's not just accountable to himself anymore, ding dong. Hell even if he was just married it might not bother me as much but he's about to be a father for gently caress's sake.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

He went to that independent lab to have brain scans, the one UFC fighters go to, and they said "wow your brain is hosed up"

He thinks it can heal to a degree, and doctors don't really know. But wherever he goes to die in the ring, the headline the next day will be "WWE wrestler dies in ring"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

ribtstu posted:

miz is good

v excited for cena's response

cenaSlime.gif

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes, but he's not just accountable to himself anymore, ding dong. Hell even if he was just married it might not bother me as much but he's about to be a father for gently caress's sake.

Foochs you're absolutely right, fyi.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

He went to that independent lab to have brain scans, the one UFC fighters go to, and they said "wow your brain is hosed up"

He thinks it can heal to a degree, and doctors don't really know. But wherever he goes to die in the ring, the headline the next day will be "WWE wrestler dies in ring"

No but see it's all that big bad evil WWE's fault.

WWE is evil as gently caress but this is the broken clock, twice a day deal where they're actually doing the right thing for once.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

(Probably) like Brie, I'm hoping the kid being born changes Bryan's priorities tremendously.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No but see it's all that big bad evil WWE's fault.

WWE is evil as gently caress but this is the broken clock, twice a day deal where they're actually doing the right thing for once.

They are only doing this because they learned their lesson with Benoit. They dont give a gently caress about their wrestlers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoctorGonzo posted:

They are only doing this because they learned their lesson with Benoit. They dont give a gently caress about their wrestlers.

Yeah. About the only kind thing you can say about the WWE in all this is that they're still paying him and giving him a pretty drat loose leash on the mic.

But really, they don't give a poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

And? Whether or not someone does the right thing because it's the right thing or not doesn't change the fact that they're doing the right thing. This is the same stupid argument that people make to downplay charitable organizations made by lovely people. Does that mean the money being given to charity is not better than it just sitting in that person's bank account? No.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And while also pretty removed from it, and not at all as important as being a father/husband, but imagine how many kids who love Daniel Bryan would tune in to see Bryan Danielson die or concuss himself into becoming a vegetable.

Hell, I can't even imagine seeing that as an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

Did Maryse just call Nikki Bella a prostitute

Disturbingly, that's literally how the Bella Twins were booked during the Celebrity Host era of Raw. Her and Brie would hang around the hosts and flirt heavily with them, and then they'd invariably walk off with the hosts and "make them more comfortable" or however they implied it that week.

• Locked thread