Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOU have ever looked up when a movie was coming out before it was out.

you love ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

pagancow posted:

ok ok ok

its monday AM

and there is NO WAY that all you motherfuckers hate ads

:wrong:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOU have ever tried out a new soda, or macironi and cheese in the grocery store instead of buying the usual

you love ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOU have ever laughed at a super bowl ad because you thought it was funny

you love ads

(bonus points if you re-told someone about that ad)

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

if you walked into a store and decided to buy a new video game because you saw the cardboard stand with the big bald marine on it killin some doods

you love ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOU ADBLOCK, and you you still watch youtube?

you love ads

(becuase you just saw a native advertising in a video)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

every superbowl i rewatch the apple ad and say thanks to stebe

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i don't watch movies or tv. i had no idea cars 3 was out let alone that a third version of the movie even existed.

i have adblock on my phone and computer. i pay for hulu with no ads and don't use any of the appletv apps that show commercials because gently caress that. the most ads i see are during sporting events, and i do my best to tune those out.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

yall watch linus tech tips DONT LIE TO ME DOE

brought to you by squarespace

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOU WATCH network tv shows on Hulu and think ur so smug by paying for no ads, guess what! You saw native advertising and by transitive property

you love ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOU SHOP ON DEAL SITES, guess what? YOU GUESSED IT!

you love ads

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

pagancow posted:

yall watch linus tech tips DONT LIE TO ME DOE

brought to you by squarespace

don't sign you are posts

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOU HAVE EVER CLICKED A "other users shopped for this..."

you love ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

IF YOURE WASTING YOUR TIME AWAY, IN AN AD FREE MMO, AND THEN BOUGHT THE EXPANSION, YOU COULD NOT HAVE POSSIBLY ADBLOCKED THEIR INTERNAL ADVERTISING, BECAUSE YOU WOULD BE BANNED....

you love ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

just face it, you have no idea how deep Big Advertising runs.

run along little children, and tell yourself

"i dont like ads"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i don't really watch much hulu. i have it mainly for other people that want to watch shows. tv is dull.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ads. they're bad.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i recognize the pervasiveness of advertising in modern society, but i dislike it 100% of the time, and i avoid it or block it when possible

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

JewKiller 3000 posted:

i recognize the pervasiveness of advertising in modern society, but i dislike it 100% of the time, and i avoid it or block it when possible

YOU LOVE ADS

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
thing is you get those two step ad programs:
1) hey poo poo sucks for you and your a poo poo idiot
2) this thing will stop poo poo from sucking for you so bad

and roundabout step 2 i go WAIT A MINUTE that's not true
but not before i fall for step 1

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
sometimes i watch a youtube ad in full just because i hate the company who put it up, knowing that theyll have to pay more and that ive got no intention of using their product

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ads more like aids

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i don't watch ads and generally don't know what movies are coming out anymore

but thats okay because today's movies are GARBAGE.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i just assume a shovelful of sequels to whatever trash came out last year is coming out this year and next year and every year until the death of cinema

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i dont do any of those things. i dont like ads

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

color timing on movies now is also lame because they all look the same now. i think these guys just apply a generic template and call it a day.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
When good movies come out I usually get told by my friends, who generally have pretty good taste. Or I'll idly wonder what a good director or writer has been up to lately, and hey, looks like Doug Liman's producing a sequel to All You Need Is Kill, that should be good.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

couldn't have said it better myself

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

akadajet posted:

color timing on movies now is also lame because they all look the same now. i think these guys just apply a generic template and call it a day.
https://vimeo.com/65617394
lol its so easy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
have you done any new cool short film stuff recently? i liked that one scarecrow one many moons ago

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Doom Mathematic posted:

When good movies come out I usually get told by my friends, who generally have pretty good taste. Or I'll idly wonder what a good director or writer has been up to lately, and hey, looks like Doug Liman's producing a sequel to All You Need Is Kill, that should be good.

word of mouth advertising is the most powerful influencer in people's decisions for buying a product.

hmm, i wonder if "Word of mouth advertising" is advertising?

does it have the word advertise in it?

OH poo poo

YES IT DOES

you love ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Xaris posted:

have you done any new cool short film stuff recently? i liked that one scarecrow one many moons ago

Just ads baby.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
ads are a neato time capsule of the period they were made. for instance kids growing up now will, one day, look back nostalgically at all the ads for addiction centers and unwanted-opioid-side-effect drugs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm old enough to remember a time when the phrase "an erection lasting longer than four hours" on national tv would probably have resulted in a congressional hearing

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this is the best ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

fe: in this horrible cyber dystopian future, even the ads have ads

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

qirex posted:

I'm old enough to remember a time when the phrase "an erection lasting longer than four hours" on national tv would probably have resulted in a congressional hearing
im pretty sure there WERE congressional hearings when they wanted to start running condom ads

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Roosevelt posted:

this is the best ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

fe: in this horrible cyber dystopian future, even the ads have ads

love it when advertisers tell you a compelling story and then just slap their name at the end in a hamfisted way

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

pagancow posted:

love it when advertisers tell you a compelling story and then just slap their name at the end in a hamfisted way

they bring together information, ideas, and technology

obviously

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

facebook ads have decided i'm in the market for $1,000,000 houses in the suburbs

there's at least three things wrong with thi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:agreed:

• Locked thread