Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tbf, someone was clearly tortured in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asiina posted:

So we need a new captain.

Quote this post if you want to volunteer to be captain, then everyone can vote.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i vote for birdstrake

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

i vote for birdstrake

how is myst, friendo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

So we need a new captain.

Quote this post if you want to volunteer to be captain, then everyone can vote.

Just to be clear: I'm only putting my hand up because if elected Captain, I promise to not take on any real responsibility and just use it as an excuse to order you all around to stay put and be meatshields for me and Lea while we take our time harvesting ore and stuff

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

this is a stickup posted:

how is myst, friendo

It's dull but i haven't really done anything in game today

Is there a way to open the vault?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It's dull but i haven't really done anything in game today

Is there a way to open the vault?

nope! and please stop trying to free the scum player

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I seem to recall a previous consensus that we wanted to interrogate him :colbert:

Anyway, any recommendations to put stuff in the imager or have fun in the chair room?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Can you checkout Channelwood, actually? We didn't get to see everything that was there.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

don't think i can link to there as a puzzle action but ill take a look if i can

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I seem to recall a previous consensus that we wanted to interrogate him :colbert:

Anyway, any recommendations to put stuff in the imager or have fun in the chair room?

you weren't paying attention but the consensus was don't touch the book with the known scum player

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

hey there isn't anything else to do here

it's all good though

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I told you there wasn't buddy :smith: we found books to two new places though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

you weren't paying attention but the consensus was don't touch the book with the known scum player

well I doubt he'd want to get himself imprisoned... might be interesting to try and talk to DBD through the book though, like people were supposedly doing for Kash.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well I'll be here if you guys decide it's ok.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
(I see a bunch of Discord pings but am not in a spot to catch up right now - I'm out at my best work friend's goodbye party and am extremely emotional. I will OOC catch up when I can before the next deadline, sorry for the delay.)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Poque posted:

(I see a bunch of Discord pings but am not in a spot to catch up right now - I'm out at my best work friend's goodbye party and am extremely emotional. I will OOC catch up when I can before the next deadline, sorry for the delay.)

:glomp:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Real life > game life

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Real life > game life

says you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

I mean I have no life so I'm just speculating

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nominations for captain maybe close later I dunno. Sure why not nothing matters.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Your arm directly beneath your communicator begins to feel a freezing cold sensation as you are once again injected with adrenaline, causing you to become more irritable and more violent but --- also,

the entire Fortress shakes - you feel it sort of dip and lean backwards. You can easily tell that Daniels' communicator is injecting the same adrenaline being injected into you into the weapon, causing it to overload.

You're all going to be attacked by an explosion, I'll let you know if you're wounded after deadline. It will not be apparent nor will anyone be able to tell unless you give it away - you're all gonna look pretty hosed up after this. A blast of directed energy fires outwards from above you into the distance and, well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjnm3V0xYjI

It seems to be that a single, focused discharge would be enough to destroy an attacking ship, perhaps a few of them -- the weapon is firing a prolonged, continuous blast in all directions at once. From inside the Fortress, you seem to be safe, but elsewhere, everywhere, the water is being torn completely skyward. Rather than destroying one target - it seems whatever triggered this is intent on destroying the entire Age. You feel the Fortress shake repeatedly this way and that -- and realize you need to get the _fuck_ out of here. As the water evaporates, shards of the Age's understructure are torn upwards here and there - and any of you that are still standing - which is only a handful, think you can see loving stars.

That is, until the water begins to swirl around the Fortress in a constant whirlpool, and the ocean is clearly draining. It's unclear whether the Mechanical Age has moments, days, or years to live - none of you know a drat thing about any of this, only that you want to murder every person in this room, all of whom are obviously responsible for this, somehow.

You are blinded with rage. This dose appears to have been especially potent.
No more talking, no posting in the thread until after deadline. You've got 10 hours.

Anyone late for tonight's deadline will remain in Mechanical.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:allears:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So much for The Way :smug:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You are now all free to face the consequences of your actions.

Have fun with that. <3

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So hi, how's everyone doing?

So there I am, post-explosion, looking around to make sure nobody is unconscious and then trying my best to save as many things as I could and bring them back to Myst before the Age goes to hell. Being sure to do what I can to not get in anyone's way. Only to link into Myst and get ambushed by bags and stickup, with stickup specifically targeting me with intent to kill. Bif and MMT had the opportunity to defend me when obviously I was being attacked unprovoked and instead chose to do nothing and protect stickup, respectively.

Anything to say for yourselves?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

IDK about how things looked from all your perspectives, but my interpretation is that something is seriously messed with people's minds there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

IDK about how things looked from all your perspectives, but my interpretation is that something is seriously messed with people's minds there.

My actions worked exactly as intended, which was save the pages and save the books to bring them back to Myst.

Maybe if you have hatred in your heart things would be different. I wouldn't know.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My actions got all messed up, I tried to kill asiina but ended up saving her i guess? sucks

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

So hi, how's everyone doing?

So there I am, post-explosion, looking around to make sure nobody is unconscious and then trying my best to save as many things as I could and bring them back to Myst before the Age goes to hell. Being sure to do what I can to not get in anyone's way. Only to link into Myst and get ambushed by bags and stickup, with stickup specifically targeting me with intent to kill. Bif and MMT had the opportunity to defend me when obviously I was being attacked unprovoked and instead chose to do nothing and protect stickup, respectively.

Anything to say for yourselves?

I was protecting my sister and had no clue what the hell you all were doing when I barely made it back alive trying to salvage whatever scraps I could from that dying age ,as everything I came on this expedition for in the first place [i[literally blew up in my face[/i] so forgive me for not wanting to upsize my brush with death combo to run in between all you raging berserkers. Incidentally, we're going to be stuck hanging out with those two lovely people for a while so I'll let you know how that goes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My actions got all messed up, I tried to kill asiina but ended up saving her i guess? sucks

lol thanks buddy!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I was protecting my sister and had no clue what the hell you all were doing when I barely made it back alive trying to salvage whatever scraps I could from that dying age ,as everything I came on this expedition for in the first place [i[literally blew up in my face[/i] so forgive me for not wanting to upsize my brush with death combo to run in between all you raging berserkers. Incidentally, we're going to be stuck hanging out with those two lovely people for a while so I'll let you know how that goes.

Yeah, fill up that nice bag I gave you with all that stuff. You realize defending never puts you in any danger, right? It's only a pro-social action.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

lol thanks buddy!

Yeah it was like "your pure heart won't let you do that" then I briefly achieved enlightenment

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Yeah, fill up that nice bag I gave you with all that stuff. You realize defending never puts you in any danger, right? It's only a pro-social action.

No I do not realize that actually.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't know if you saw any of what went on before you came back to Myst, but I was a little preoccupied.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway why am I wasting time loving fighting with you, I have a safety recall to attempt to enforce.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

hey asiina for what it's worth, you're a captain now

there's significance to that I'm sure

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know if you saw any of what went on before you came back to Myst, but I was a little preoccupied.

No sorry I was busy trying to save everything and everyone I could before linking out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

hey asiina for what it's worth, you're a captain now

there's significance to that I'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i really don't get why the two of you are fighting given that you're essentially on the same side here

• Locked thread