Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

She would have still uploaded them. But the transmission clearly cut off before we could see what happened now. There was a long lag between when Robin linked in and when she did.

I suppose after all the dust settled from the Weapon going off, the book could have landed there, but... that seems like too much of a ridiculous coincidence. I worried if maybe Sirrus or someone else did it... she still has her communicator though.

Did I somehow miss you mentioning before this that Quid linked in posthumously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Did I somehow miss you mentioning before this that Quid linked in posthumously?

Oh, no I hadn't mentioned it. It was in the upload, though in hindsight it would've been a lot easier for us here on Myst to notice that part.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

So Poque and FL, what ever happened to Kash? FL and Kash linked there at the same time and then ??????

There's been no sign of Zulea in here. We can see a body at the lighthouse, though, and have a sinking feeling it might be her. We will let you know :smug: if you fulfilled your wincon :smug: after the action phase.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

There's been no sign of Zulea in here. We can see a body at the lighthouse, though, and have a sinking feeling it might be her. We will let you know :smug: if you fulfilled your wincon :smug: after the action phase.

How dare you insinuate that I would feel anything but the deepest grief if she has indeed has perished!

:v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lucky thing I'm not there to do THAT grave or it'd probably say "told you so"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The body isn't Zulea, as from what I can tell it's male. But I can't yet investigate it from where I am.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Especially taking a look at the map - let's give daily a try.

It's 61.10.11 - actions due at 10PM PDT / 12 AM CDT / 1 AM EDT / 3 PM AEST.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
So, the body is an old guy. He's the same race as the old guy who was in electric jail back in Mechanical. Every other body in here is the same so it seems that the guy in Mechanical was originally from Stoneship.

We haven't found any signs of life.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Poque posted:

The body isn't Zulea, as from what I can tell it's male. But I can't yet investigate it from where I am.

I wonder if it could be Emmit. Once you do get a chance to investigate, keep an eye out for any possible imager numbers in particular. Hopefully the "reminder" we're looking for wasn't just in his head.

Did they kill off literally every last person mentioned in these journals...?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Poque posted:

Every other body in here is

Wait what

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

There are probably a hundred bodies scattered around Stoneship. It was a slaughter.

Bifauxnen posted:

I wonder if it could be Emmit. Once you do get a chance to investigate, keep an eye out for any possible imager numbers in particular. Hopefully the "reminder" we're looking for wasn't just in his head.

Did they kill off literally every last person mentioned in these journals...?

Remind me (no pun intended) who Emmit is? We're looking for the numbers for sure.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Poque posted:

There are probably a hundred bodies scattered around Stoneship. It was a slaughter.

Remind me (no pun intended) who Emmit is? We're looking for the numbers for sure.

Emmit was a boy who lived in the area you're standing in now, described in the Mechanical journal. Originally he lived there alone with one friend named Branch. They'd be older by now, but probably not "old" old, if this body is similar to the old man from Mechanical. Atrus mentioned visiting them after 10 years to see them more grown up, and wanting to check in again later after 10 more.

Atrus helped Emmit and Branch construct the lighthouse. Not with The Art, but with their hands. It started attracting more visitors their way. But a hundred...?

In any case, Emmit would have still been alive when Atrus hid the Rime book. He said he would leave one of the reminders "with Emmit in Stoneship"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Emmit was a boy who lived in the area you're standing in now, described in the Mechanical journal.

Mafia edit: described in the Stoneship journal, whoops.

I've got the Mechanical one on my mind a bit right now. The static effect has increased.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Schelene Strangeland has uploaded the following written material:

A Journal from Channelwood

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
remember when I suggested sirrus was bad jerkman #1 and achenar was insane? yeah

also found a fancy workshop and a few decent(?) weapons

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

peramene posted:

Schelene Strangeland has uploaded the following written material:

A Journal from Channelwood

:stare:

So within the last few weeks, then...

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

remember when I suggested sirrus was bad jerkman #1 and achenar was insane? yeah

Maybe we should upload that other note too.

Hey Podima how're you feeling?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe we should upload that other note too.

Hey Podima how're you feeling?

would've done that ages ago but it's not in my inventory

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

would've done that ages ago but it's not in my inventory

Oh? I thought you were still hanging onto it. You're not missing anything else, are you?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
nope. I have the linking book page but no note.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well, the note we're talking about is more of the same. Thought it might be more effective to see the original, though. It's more writing like this from Achenar, which we found in the observatory. It said he was sorry about our Captain, but didn't remember his name. Or anything else. And that "he didn't want to but then he made me"... This part was repeated quite a bit.

The last part has been weighing on my mind though. It said "I hate Sirrus, but I hate this new 'friend' even more. I already miss Father."

I don't know what he means about this friend, but I wondered if it could have been Zulea...?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
also I have felt zulea's death fyi

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Harsha Brandkamp has achieved the impossible.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

also I have felt zulea's death fyi

Can you expand on this?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I believe we may need another person in Stoneship to help out with the puzzles. So far, we have one person keeping the power on and one person pressing buttons, but it's really hard for us to see the effects of the buttons that are being pressed.

Also, yeah, do you have more details on Zulea's death?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

HMU if you want to chat.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Flying Leatherman posted:

I believe we may need another person in Stoneship to help out with the puzzles. So far, we have one person keeping the power on and one person pressing buttons, but it's really hard for us to see the effects of the buttons that are being pressed.

:smug: :smug: I am the best and now we can do it with just us.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Does the word / name "Pran" mean anything to anyone?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

HMU if you want to chat.

I'd like to chat!

Max posted:

Not me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

(Haha I thought I cleverly figured out that Harsha had figured out inter-age communication and then like 10 minutes later realized this was a link :350:)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo, follow those directions to hit me up MMT

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Poque posted:

Can you expand on this?

Flying Leatherman posted:

Also, yeah, do you have more details on Zulea's death?

I don't have details other than I felt the loss of her life. I learned fl's background through the same type of feeling back in the statue garden

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

I don't have details other than I felt the loss of her life. I learned fl's background through the same type of feeling back in the statue garden

so this is probably accurate, then - for those who weren't there, sticks was dead on w/r/t my background at that time

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

It appears in some of the journals. Another person Atrus knew from one of his Ages. I'll need to look up the details again, though. In the meantime, any context clues you could give me?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It was carved into a tunnel wall, with some numbers next to it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

It was carved into a tunnel wall, with some numbers next to it.

are they dates? someone on myst should try them in the imager and observatory if applicable

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Selenitic folks - we found that our puzzle required 3 people in the Age, but Corn was able to set some stuff up and now only need 2. Are you in a similar situation on your end or do you think you have enough people?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We can handle the main puzzle here on our own, I think. The communicator thing was like, a little extra puzzle but not the main event.

Who is currently on Myst that would be checking the info please?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

By that I mean, who would be looking at the imager if I gave out the dates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
With the creation of the first few channels, despite all the excitement over it, two things have become clear:

"Deadbeat Dad" is still alive.

Zulea O'hara, lone survivor of the first expedition and the only one of you who could positively identify Captain Daniels, aka "Kashuno," is dead.

• Locked thread