Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

can't wait for the twist that viva was my real sister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

do ever just eat cheese

like just cut up pieces of cheese

something to think about

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
At this point it's a game. If I go crazy, he wins. And he knows that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

im srrry for brakeiongj thed rulsd i didntr mean toio im soeryy

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
An attempt to create a channel with Kemet Hays aka bagshotrow has revealed his communicator has deactivated upon death.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

do ever just eat cheese

like just cut up pieces of cheese

something to think about

This didn't go as well as I was hoping

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
hey, uh, does anyone else have shifting wincons?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Flying Leatherman posted:

hey, uh, does anyone else have shifting wincons?

Not me, but I've sure been wondering about yours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nope, mine are all the same.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Okay.

So here's the deal.

Corn and I found someone who we believe to be Captain Daniels. For real, this time. He's asked some questions that very much led us to believe that he is, in fact, Captain Daniels (he asked after Zulea completely unprompted, for example), and he's confirmed Corn's story as far as the voice on the communicator as well.

He's given us some information about the room he's trapped in - yes, he's stuck there - yes, he's alive - and he claims there's a trap in the room.

My "shifting wincon" is that now I need to save him and not kill him, which makes me think he can be rescued.

There's more information, but it's all kinda broken up and I figured it'd be better to get this out here and have you guys ask questions instead of making you wait for a big omnibus post.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
you have to save the person you have to outlive? what prompted that?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Did anybody have knowledge of Zulea's motivations when she came to Stoneship the day that the Mechanical Age ended? It occurs to me that if she had a trail on Daniels, then that lends credibility to this actually being Daniels.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't remember if Kash has expressed interest in either Selenitic or Stoneship

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Max posted:

I don't remember if Kash has expressed interest in either Selenitic or Stoneship

Zulea did say she wanted to go to Stoneship back during Mechanical. I can't remember if she said why.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

I vaguely remember Zulea preferring to aim for Stoneship. My last-resort link out plan if I couldn't follow Lea was to go to Stoneship first, failing that Selenitic, failing that Myst.

It was kind of on a whim at the time but I remember thinking I wanted to see what she was up to.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

this is a stickup posted:

you have to save the person you have to outlive? what prompted that?

I'm assuming finding him in this situation? I really don't know.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
zulea kept saying she was going there to hunt sirrus and achenar, not to find daniels

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Verus Rettig has uploaded the Rime journal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI, we just found out what happens if someone requests a channel number that you are already using.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Max posted:

FYI, we just found out what happens if someone requests a channel number that you are already using.

It says "Nice"?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No, instead they just get added to the channel and can see everything you've typed thus far.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

cool, how many of you are on 69?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

cool, how many of you are on 69?

Yo, is the chat you me and DBD were in locked for you?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

yes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Looks like you can only have one channel you've created at a time, so use your channels wisely.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Verus has saved Captain Daniels. He is alive. We have him. As much as we are safe, he is safe.

As Verus mentioned earlier, we've been communicating with Daniels for some time now. He was trapped in a hidden compartment in that connected to both Sirrus and Achenar's rooms in Stoneship - the compartment opened and closed based on buttons at the Umbrella. Through morse code, he warned us not to come in, as the room was trapped with a bomb. He was clearly wounded, and told us that Sirrus and Achenar were the ones who trapped him in there. When we asked him about rescue, he continuously told us that he wanted us to enter a certain code that interacted with both the Telescope and the Umbrella at Stoneship, and made vague references to it resulting in escape for us - "BOOK" - but his story changed a lot on what it meant for him. At first he told us it wouldn't help him, but when we continued to ask about rescue, he said that we could help him after that.

Verus rightly noted that this was suspicious. I generally agreed, but was hesitant to take other action, as he had never altered his stance on us entering the room at all.

Panic Mode set in and we had to make our move. I wanted to follow Daniels' suggestion, but Verus wanted to go for a direct rescue. As my option needed two people - one at the Umbrella, one at the telescope - I acquiesced and moved to the Umbrella myself while Verus went into the room. Once Verus went in, I closed the panel from the Umbrella, which made water flow in and sealed them both in. There was an explosion. I reopened the panel and went in, fearing the worst.

Verus saved him. Daniels had been rigged with an explosive belt, and Verus was able to swim over the activation panel, unhook it, and get it away from both of them before the explosion.

Verus is a hero of both Myst and Sa.

Daniels is safe, but currently unconscious. We'll know more soon.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Cornelius Crowell has uploaded the following written material.

Sirrus' Diary

peramene fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 29, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That diary is excellent news. Mechanical Daniels was a fraud, so ostensibly Mechanical Emmit was too. Daniels spoke of Emmit during his imprisonment on Stoneship, so he's been alive within the past few days.

Are the red and blue books at the library? I have pages.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The red and blue books aren't here but they should be in safe hands. However, we discovered a problem with Yoshi's Island.

Looking at the linking panel now shows the beacons smashed and destroyed. I don't think it would be safe to link to anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

The red and blue books aren't here but they should be in safe hands. However, we discovered a problem with Yoshi's Island.

Looking at the linking panel now shows the beacons smashed and destroyed. I don't think it would be safe to link to anymore.

I had a "premonition" that it wasn't going to be usable after me, bags, and bk left it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Not to brag but I slept really well last night

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Uploaded Writing

Several people have collaborated to upload the combined written material in the above.

(It is also in the OP.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Captain Chell Henderson has uploaded the Rime map data.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo I can only post here at the moment, if people need to hit me up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, no sign of pod at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Notes from the Jungle: Day 1 - I've already fashioned something else's bones in to a murder weapon, it only took me about an hour.

This place is literally and figuratively a death trap, but there are also some insanely good materials here with which to make some really good poo poo, so traveler beware, if you are not a fight-mans, seriously consider not coming here.

As for the beast I killed, it was a giant horned carnivore that only wants to kill, entirely ready to murder me. But this beast did not know that I am Harsha, survivor of Klendathu, executioner of Hattington, and slayer of the great Thunder Garuda. I did what I did best.

I killed it with some sneaky underhanded moves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACPaWsdqCjA

Anyway, no myst book here. I imagine Spire will be similar. If someone wants to come here with a myst book and also chance getting some really just, loving insane weapon materials, you are free to.

Now I'm gonna sit on the beach and enjoy some fruit while I gaze at this giant vertical ship.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Anyway, no myst book here. I imagine Spire will be similar. If someone wants to come here with a myst book and also chance getting some really just, loving insane weapon materials, you are free to.

what sort of materials? I thought Spire would be more likely to have the thing I really need to improve our weapons any further.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bone materials, but they are far better than anything you could fashion with metals. This is not an exaggeration.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
would you say you're in the bone zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, my friend.

I now have two bone weapons.

• Locked thread