Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Will any puzzles be sound based? Unsure if I can play yet based on expected April workload, but that hallmark of the original Myst series made it impossible for me to play. :( (The rocket ship puzzle, or the sea creature sounds in Riven, are two examples.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming my signup for this game! :waycool:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Am I really signup #14 of 15? What a glorious creation this is.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

A Myst MMO. Huh. It's a shame no one ever had that idea. Seems like money sitting on the table to me.

:confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst_Online:_Uru_Live

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I see what you people mean. Sheesh!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

Swoop, I applied!

:swoon:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

Just finished shoveling. I'm gonna show you so many baby pics!

OH MY GOD YES. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

> SWAB

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

This is from the player's guide I had as a child and

A) please stop if it's not a big ask #myimmersion
B) I desperately need to know how you have it and if it's still obtainable, and ISBN would do it, Kash. I lost mine in a fight with my mother and it was one of my most treasured possessions and I still have my 11th hour one but please Kash seriously help me, I'm not joking.

I owned this guide too - fairly sure it's this one on Amazon if I'm remembering my cover art properly: https://www.amazon.com/Myst-Revised...ords=myst+guide

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote kashuno

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I have been requested to run a proper story-driven mafia game inside this myst thread until such time as the game begins.

To that effect, everyone who wishes to sign up for this game quote this post and say "Aye aye, Captain!"

=======================

It is a cold day in Space. Every day in Space is cold, of course, but today it is even colder. The truce between the Vixen peoples of the planet Uteri, and the Lotharios of the Orion Nebula, has finally been broken. The Second Sexy War has finally erupted, and the whole galaxy trembles. The destruction caused by the last war left the once prosperous Perseid system in ruins, and billions across the Alpha Male Quadrant were slaughtered in the great purges. This new war, with its new weapons, could mean the end of the galaxy itself.
That is, if the V.S.S. Majora doesn't end the war quickly and decisively. The Majora is a Vixen espionage craft traveling deep into Lothario space carrying a single quarktrino bomb. Their mission: to sail into the heart of the Orion Nebula itself and detonate the bomb, instantly creating a quantum cascade. This would generate a supermassive black hole which would, in a matter of minutes, obliterate the entire Nebula... and every single one of the Lotharios' shipyards, crippling their navy and bringing an end to the war before it has even begun.
But one problem. This morning at all hands, someone went missing. The chief security officer was found murdered in her cabin. With the Majora still a week away from the detonation site, the Vixens need to find who in their crew is a traitor, and bring them to justice. Space Justice.

Sexy Space Succubi from Sirius 7 is now recruiting. It will have 15 players.

The following people may not sign up:
- peramene

Aye aye, Captain!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It was a good puzzle. 92493 would have been solvable - only using year's last digit? That was a rough one.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
An explanation of sorts here: The answer was actually 9/24/(9)3. As in the calendar date - date of the game release! You were really really close.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

lol you mean that was right after all? I took that as a sign that I was starting to go totally nuts and seeing red-string theories everywhere! Also even if that number had meant something I didn't get what I was gonna do with it.

The last question's "Other" option - it was free text entry. The answer went right there!

Though note I'm not smart. It took me a while, talking it out with peramene.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Remind me who the SA are it has been a while I only remember the D'Ni race being able to write linking books

Also can we get deep in Myst lore pera

:ssh: We're the SA people, dummy. :ssh:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The guy's very clearly dead. The rules say no deadposting!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Cat, you should ask DBD why he pickpocketed your gun. I'm sure he'll see if you ask in here - or you could just ask him right there at the Cabin, since that's where he's lurking.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sULApw8TZ5A

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I know, I'm sorry! Was there really nothing of interest at the statues?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VivaNova posted:

Not really, why were you such a rascal?

I had a hunch, and it panned out! I can't be super chatty or puzzly today/tomorrow anyhow, work stuff. :(

Poque posted:

Pod, were you the victim of any bamboozling?

I am neither bammed nor boozled.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:allears:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Back from dinner/drinks. This hotel lobby is just full of sad businessmen. (it's me!)

Max posted:

Podima, I would like to work with you, so let me know how to make that happen.

:same: Sorry to be a bother!

Let's chat in here for today, at least. Probably good for all of us to stay in touch and share what was found for the day, at minimum. We can work it out from there, see where people want to go for tomorrow. The Power Generator might be a good bet if there's unpowered stuff, bamboozles aside.

What happened when library people tried to force their way in?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Hmmm, the blood is weeks old. I think some people have been here for a while already.

Didn't Kash mention he had seen the imager on the docks before? Or am I misremembering?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Did Bifaux share what he found with you?

Bifaux is a she fyi, or she's mastered the australian art of making GBS threads out a baby as a man

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

We have encountered more morrowind stuff.

Do tell! I was mad I hadn't played morrowind and didn't catch the obvious stuff in the survey, but I am ARMED with google now!

(I've also had a few beers.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:rip:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahaha of freaking course that's in the statue garden. Are any of the other statues particularly interesting?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

It's not actually there.

There are 14 consols in the garden at the moment that are all de powered. Each one has a constellation on it, and one has been broken open. The 13 remaining ones are the Elder scrolls signs, if you are familiar with those.

Weird. I wonder what the 14th was - there are only 13 Elder Scrolls signs, after all.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:allears:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What a long day. Let me reread the thread and catch up - action deadline's in what, three hours?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Max I miss you and will meet up with you when I can. :( Given how things have gone already I think it's best for me to keep on as I am. (FYI, I did hear you earlier, apparently. I didn't respond all day because of work stuff.)

MMM, why did you intentionally try to throw people off about your location? (i.e. going one place openly, sneaking back to the docks) I suppose this can be answered when someone wakes him up!

ANarc, do you have literally anything to share about the rocket?

Anyone around and feel like talking?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

I'm here, Pod.

How you feeling? You seemed a bit more positive just earlier.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

I mean. I'm not feeling amazing, but I'm glad we accomplished some stuff at the cabin. I'm glad I got my self-defense pistol back. How bout you? Where are you, feel like you accomplished anything?

I'm doing well enough, it's been a really interesting first day even with the relative lack of puzzling. I thought about it today (ooc: had quite a while to think during the boring-rear end town hall meeting) and I think I'm going to stay mum on confirming my location definitively for now. Having a wildcard in the mix will help deter bamboozlers from planning boozles unchecked. I've at least hinted at the general vicinity though!

What do you feel like your next priority is at this point? Feel free to decline to provide details if you like, but I'm curious what you're thinking. To me, power is the biggest thing we're missing for getting stuff unlocked - but the power generator almost seems TOO obvious? I dunno.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I'm glad you got your pistol back! That was unexpectedly tense right off the bat.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Fully in agreement, except for one additional point - Kash said on Day 1, if memory serves, that he had been to the imager before and that it was through a locked door at the docks. Could you ask him about that if time allows? The bloodstains give me the willies - something bad clearly went down here before we showed up, and it seems Important.

Also I'm curious what Max lowering the ship in the fountain did, if anything. Based on what's been reported, if that didn't lower the ship at the docks it likely did something else we haven't seen yet.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey Bif now that you're here - I saw something about you finding a note at the library? Anything to share about that?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of agree, that's lame to wait till the end of the day to drop when most people have already submitted their actions AND others have been fairly upfront about what they found at their locations. Please reconsider sharing some details about the note (even something high-level) - or whoever is at the library tomorrow (Poque) could share it if you won't. I'm skeptical that there's anything ~too sensitive to share broadly~ at this early stage in the game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello! I sure do enjoy spending many hours of my day here on this island fantasizing about slaving away at work in another possible life!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello Cat! How have your explorations today gone? Productive, I hope. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bif, are you around?

• Locked thread