Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 2 - We've got poo poo to do :toot:

It's been several in game weeks, and several continuous battles in a row. We've got a lot of SP to spend, a decent amount of Goth, and so it's time to start updating peoples poo poo, both from a talent and gear perspective because we've been using starter gear since the first updates.

GEAR

Denim Denam Levi gets a defensive focussed upgrade, updating to the third One handed Hammer, a Morning Star, the third Shield (Aspis) as well as chain armour.

Catiua gets a Magus Robe for an increase to magic and armour (not that she'll use that magic stat as healing is static) and Leather Gloves for defense.

Lenneth goes straight from the first spear to the first two handed spear the Voulge. When I get some more money I'll be investing in a Ring of the Warrior to give her a bit more oomph.

HEALBOT gets a shield, and a Mage Staff, otherwise the same gear as Catiua.

We run out of money for Nerraw - sorry. That'll get fixed and he'll upgrade from Robe to Magus Robe, and also get a Ring of the Mind down the track.

From memory that bumps int and therefore damage.

Snipette upgrades to the next Bow in the 2handed Line the Longbow, as well as Chain gear.

BIG SWORDS, CASH PRIZES, I LOVE IT

Voltare gets new gear also.

Donnalto and Sara get nothing as they will be subbed out as we gain new classes / uniques.

TALENTS

More points invested to give us another talent row, we invest in Knockback 1 to more accurately preserve our lines.

I decide to invest some defence into Catiua with a rank in Sidestep and Fortify.

Lenneth invests her skillpoints into shitloads of talents, gaining access to Lightning Magic, Knockback 1 and Counterattack 1. She seems to be becoming a meatshield purely through circumstance so let's try to get some extra damage out of it.

HEALBOT gets a rank in Channeling, as well as an Active use "Recruit" which does what it says on the tin, it allows you to recruit a humanoid enemy unit at the end of the battle (assuming they survive)

Your chance to recruit increases based on their health, lower health the better. We will need this for a recruitment of a generic in about oh, two battles. (Watch this space)

Most classes, especially casters I've noticed, have a recruit variant in their kit. Wizards can recruit Lizardmen, and that's all I can remember. It will be ~mostly~ unused for my purposes, except for the end game.

I forget that I was going to give Nerraw Lightning Magic, and instead invest into a single talent row and a rank in Sidestep (sidestep is ranged avoidance if I haven't mentioned)

Snipette's hitting the big leagues now, getting a rank in Trueflight and Counterattack 1.

Martine gets 3 new talent rows and a point into Truestrike 1 (I think? I might have gotten that a few updates ago, I don't remember) and Knockback 1. The third row lies empty at this point but will probably go into anatomy to increase damage dealt to humans. Might also go into one of the beast ranks because, and though I'm not a former British Prime Minister, gently caress beasts. I hate those guys.

Canopus gets a whole new makeover (uniques keep their own sprite regardless of class) and gets a huge stat boost on switching to archer. We invest points into Tremendous shot. This will be shown off to great effect... later.

Voltare gets the Tried and True Defensive Knight Setup™

READ ALL ABOUT IT

That "Walister" tally seems to be about 5000 bodies short.

Not in the news that, I imagine.

Covered in the last update.

Ah, here's the news.

"A Massacre has taken place at Balmamusa. There are no survivors. Balmamusa was set aside for the Walister by the Kingdom of Galgastani, and all those who perished were of Walister blood. Women and children were spared no mercy as the town was engulfed in flames.

The killings are thought to be an act of retribution by the Galgastani for the recapture of Almorica Castle by the Resistance. Hierophant Balbatos maintains he is not responsible.
"

"It is now rumored Duke Ronwey had a hand in the massacre that took place in Balmamusa. Some suggest the killings were a ploy to cause internal strife in Galgastan. The Duke denies these rumours.

Meanwhile, opponents of the Hierophant in Galgastan are still wary of laying the blame for the massacre on Balbatos."

Didn't crop the second image sorry. but yeah, basically says Galgastan is marshalling for war.

Sounds like my kind of party.

Well, that's unfortunate. Official word is that Ravness was partly responsible for Balmamusa then.

From Hero to Butcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

"A vast wetlands in the middle of the Coritanae Region, made rich by the flow of the Xeod."

So we're just... letting him walk away. Ok.

: We must halt their advance as long as we can. Remember, we fight not for ourselves.

: We fight for Galgastan!

Enemy Roster

Yellow
Garba (Wizard)
H. Berserker x2
H. Archer x2
H. Terror Knight
W. Warrior
W. Rune Fencer
R. Berserker
Gryphon

Turns out the guide I was using to copy enemy details from only covered until the end of Chapter 1 Neutral before getting halfway through Chapter 2 chaos and never got updated again, so...

A refreshing change of pace - no verticality, flat fields, straight to action.

: Then we share a grim cause. But I bear you no malice: It is war makes us enemies. And as enemies, we must fight!

: The simple reasoning of youth! I expected more than that.

The new gear and talents means the damage from the the rear end in a top hat Gryphon is cut down substantially.

Our three archers, comparatively.

Canopus new damage range to the gryphon. 1/3 of his hp. He'd probably have struggled to do half that as a Vartan. He has a lower chance to hit for some reason, but that's not a concern right now.

Snipette on the same target does just under half as much damage as Canopus does but is a more reliable shot than he is.

Sara has both a garbage to hit, and garbage damage. One of those (damage) can be mitigated that she's not using great gear, but otherwise, not doing too great. She will be leaving us after this update.

For reference, Canopus is extremely strong.

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Lenneth gets a bit of damage out.

: Cause we share. The roots of the conflict between Galgastani and Walister do run deep.

: But you must look past your hatred to see your true foe. The sins of the father trap the son.

: And what of you? Do you not harbor some hurt that drives you to fight?

: I'll not deny I do. My twin brother, Orba - you killed him.

: I...I did not know.

Levi kills off the Gryphon before it gets a second turn and Martine gets buffed.

The enemy Melee get a round, and this rain is working in our favour, their chance to hit is low, and while ours is also, it's much higher than theirs.

Ladislas the terror knight takes a massive crit in the face and gets knocked back, then blocks the follow up from Sara and takes the hit from Snipette.

Terror Knights are something of a cross between Dark Mage and Warrior with a focus on Dark skills. They're not fantastic imo, but we will be levelling one up as a part of this for our regular crew as they're handy to have.

Utterly ineffectual.

That's nicer :toot:

We pick on the Reptile.

Enemy team seems to like picking on Voltare with lowish chances to hit landing. I take him over to beat up the reptile some more and Voltare whiffs.

Bear in mind that Levi has no offensive skills at all. He's just very very strong.

:toot:

Voltare is very unlucky.

Our healers have been extremely bored this fight.

Rip terror knight, you got crit in the face and then killed to death.

Speaking of crits.

Yeah, he missed.

I'm seeing a lot of crits this fight.

Lenneth gets a kill! And a card drops!

Levi gets into position and tanks all comers.

For once we get to use a missile spell as opposed to an indirect one :toot:

This is a good haul too! we can now make our own terror knights, and get a bunch of money (because we have no loving money left right now).

Voltare fails to dodge tank completely and instead facetanks.

I actually cheated a bit here, Levi had ~45% chance to hit either berserker and missed both times, so I had him buff snipette instead.

The enemy backline's finally into the fray, but it's too damned late because we've utterly mangled their frontline and they have absolutely no healing.

Another round of arrows and healing from our backline.

Turns out the Vulcan lance damage from that Winged Rune Fencer does okish damage to not-tanks. Not great, but not terrible.

Martine can't reach anyone this round so I send her to pick up the card and we get a buff to the "loyalty" stat, and hoo boy, is that a clusterfuck of a stat.

It's something that, for the most part, you don't need to worry about - HOWEVER - there are decisions you make in the story, and in battle that will impact individual units loyalty based on their nationality, including one particularly dick move based on a story choice for an extremely good character.

Characters with low loyalty will eventually desert, and if they're generic you can never recover them. Finding a units loyalty is a pain in the rear end (go to their stats, press select, tab over to I think it's their name, and there's a quote on there about how they feel about your choices).

Moving on we do another crit from Snipette. I think this one was a Tremendous Shot, can't remember though.

Voltare comes back, cracks one of the berserkers in the face, then blocks attacks from both Berserkers in their turn. Nerraw then kills the female Berserker.

We're on cleanup duty now.

Levi gets in on the Melee action, then takes an arrow for the fun of it. Martine blocks a bolt for the hell of it, and Catiua heals her up.

Donnalto and HEALBOT are in the corner playing chess and HEALBOT's stormed off because Donnalto totally cheated.

The last berserker gets crit from Canopus.

Garba has a decent attack stat, but he may as well be the only one.

Snipette drops an arrow on one of their archers with the dissolution of their frontline.

Martine takes a low damage Vulcan Lance.

Lenneth contributing good work this fight.

Enemy team seems to be focussing Martine.

Meanwhile Donnalto's jumping on the board in apoplectic rage that HEALBOT's flipped the table.

Enemy Archer is too close to attack Martine so he goes for the squishiest target Nerraw and lands a crit on his face for :69snypa: damage.

That cragfall damage is starting to stack up.

Donnalto contributes positively for once :toot:

Ok, I get that this is crit damage, but still,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2vBZuLI3oI&t=6s

More missiles fly back and forward.

Martine and Snipette loving demolishes that archer

Lenneth continuing to help, and blocks on the counter (though it may not be entiiiiiiirely obvious from the screenshot).

Martine gets another heal.

Gorba dropped a damage spell on his ally to hit Voltare in the way of it.

Not sure why precisely as Voltare wasn't in his dead zone, but still pretty smart to do.

Anyway, we're down to two enemies left, so let's skip to the end.

The weather got worse in there, so chance to hit went down the tubes for everyone.

poo poo :smith:

Oh thank gently caress

We recruit a generic warrior and rename him to Kilmotos.

we shoved him into the dressing room

Which is basically a big tent.

Et Voila, one new level 1 Terror Knight.

He's very excited.

Points into Dark Magic and 2h Swords.

NEXT TIME - WE GO UNDERGROUND INTO A WATERWAY.

tithin fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 25, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Get Spellward on everyone, laugh as status effects no longer affect you.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How much are Oberyths (sp?) worth?

also good lord, neat concepts but terrible execution on that Loyalty poo poo

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Yeah any Chaotic units you have tend to just hemorrhage loyalty on a Law playthrough and vice versa unless you luck out with loyalty up cards. It's super annoying that my super cool hammerzerker gives me the loyalty warning after every single encounter. :(

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So... can someone explain what makes crafting in this game so terrible?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Junpei posted:

So... can someone explain what makes crafting in this game so terrible?

The facg that you can't skip the crafting animation on the pot. So while that's really only 3 seconds or so, things like a single wootz steel ignot might take 20 to 30 steps to make. Then of course you can fail crafting too, so it becomes a matter of save summing.

It just becomes incredibly tedious, but like a lot of people, I have found the trick is (if you don't use cheats on a psp or emulator) is to use muscle memory and craft a ton of boring components while watching TV or something.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
I did all of my crafting legit (save-scumming not withstanding).

Post-game gear to boot.

:shepicide:

I'm honestly not sure how I managed to survive with my sanity intact.

Or maybe I didn't....maybe I AM insane, let me check with the voices.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RareAcumen posted:

How much are Oberyths (sp?) worth?

also good lord, neat concepts but terrible execution on that Loyalty poo poo

There's three different ones from memory, bronze silver and platinum, i think?

250 / 1000 / 2500 iirc per one not entirely sure on the last one.

mauman posted:

I did all of my crafting legit (save-scumming not withstanding).

Post-game gear to boot.

:shepicide:

I'm honestly not sure how I managed to survive with my sanity intact.

Or maybe I didn't....maybe I AM insane, let me check with the voices.

You poor bastard.

My playthrough on release stopped as I got to anchor because my psp got given away by my mother in law. At least my brother in law liked the game, even if he did delete my saves

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This lp got me to boot up my game and try again to clear the Palace of the Dead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

There's three different ones from memory, bronze silver and platinum, i think?

I saw copper, bronze and silver from just this update so I dunno either. I'm still super convinced I saw a gold one in there somewhere too.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So when you class change, do you remember that class? Like if somebody's in a chaos class do they keep shedding loyalty even after you change them out of it?

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Nah alignment is on a per character basis. C units will always be C units barring very specific circumstances. The PSP version has no alignment requirements for classes anymore which is nice.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 3 - Sir Not Appearing in This Episode

Map: The Rhea Boum Aqueduct

Sara's out, and Kilmotos is in.

In name only, he's level 1 and will contribute nothing of value for several fights yet, even while he hogs half of the XP moving forward until his level is on par with the others.

Again, just letting the soldier walk off.

That's one remarkably vicious Cleric.

Enemy Composition:
Yellow

Josephine (Cleric)
Octopus x2
H. Beast Tamer
H. Wizard
H. Warrior x2
H. Archer
H. Knight

On the face of it, a relatively easy map, you've a few Octopi, a few beast tamers nothing that you'd think would stand up to much in the way of scrutiny.

This map favours ranged characters - a lot. With the exception of the Octopi, nothing else has the capacity to get to them.

This map also encourages you to hold a line. Holding key points on the map will prevent the enemy from even getting close to your ranged characters which will let your mages focus on the beasts, and then on to cleanup.

This is the first time we've seen this, but you can get dartguns that inflict status effects as a weapon. They do minimal damage, and are generallllllly worthless. I can't remember ever really using them.

:arghfist:

Given archers are generally worthless for these Octopi and will only serve to feed them TP, Canopus is going to pick off their support and build up for his own finishing moves.

This wasn't a Tremendous Shot, for the record :ssh:

Lenneth wading in Elbow Deep this fight

And we're off! With a series of hits and blocks we've already badly hurt the enemy both physically and through their economy of action. This map's in the bag, what could possibly go wrong here.

:frogsiren:

Octopi make other beasts look like babymen

For the most part, they're unremarkable, they hit hard, they can counterattack at ranged, but their most scary attack is the one you just saw.

The attack has some caveats, being

1/ The Octopi needs a source of water
2/ It needs 50tp

However both are mitigated by its kit

1/ Higher levels of Octopi can invest in a skill for a low amount of TP to allow them to use it without water, at no debuff to damage.

2/ TP is granted based on damage done and hits taken, Octopi are tanky as poo poo, so TP is never really an issue. At most you don't use it for one turn and smash something close to you instead.

Offscreen, lots of healing to get Donnalto back to full.

The Fracas continues with damage dealt on both sides, but we can handle it.

If you check one of those screenshots you can see Levi blocking an enemy warrior from hopping over the stones to get to our back line. That's all Levi's doing this fight, being a big ol' paperweight.

Martine gets a kill and some loyalty, in that order.

Lenneth Arrow-Bane.

Wizard needs food badly.

This Octopi needs to be put down :arghfist:

Not the best time to be hit Martine

Lenneth keeps dealing damage and Voltare heals up Martine.

Lenneth doing good work this map.

We cripple a Beast Tamer, and heal up some more - not quite enough to prevent Donnalto from being one shot though so we need at least one more to save him.

Josephine heals up her Wizard Buddy. Her first action of the game!

Nerraw gets his first real offensive action of the game and chunks the Octopi.

Ah hell, enemy archers are now packing Tremendous Shot.

Taran's going down and he's going to make people miserable if its the last thing he does.

I like to think that Canopus punch there is just this contemptuous snort and a slap.

Martine blocks, then gets a heal from Voltare.

Snipette gets a kill :toot:

Lenneth getting in there and doing more damage than Canopus. Also getting a bit low on health so she gets a nice heal from HEALBOT.

Enemy get a couple of turns and do nothing remarkable.

Nerraw breaks down one Octopi and puts it in finishing move range.

Martine Might blows the enemy Knight back a square and Martine cops a fireball for her troubles.

Farewell Metis, you'll make for a lovely dinner when we're done :toot:

(tried to make a persona joke, but i got nothin')

Martine and Nerraw get healed up, and Voltare crits the enemy knight in the head with a hammer.

Snipette kills the Wizard.

Lenneth gets healed out of one shot territory, then spins around and crits the enemy knight from across the water.

Levi did something :toot:

Martine gets pushed back

Decided to check out the Octopus skills to see how much TP was needed to cast it. You can see he's got enough to do it already, so there's no point holding back on him now.

what... what sort of bubble is the Octopus throwing.

More damage, more healing.

Martine gets a kill!

Well, 1 block out of 3 aint bad (even funnier considering it's a 66% chance to be hit)

Levi buffs Canopus again.

Yes, The Octopus just pulled a rock out of the water and hucked it at our archer.

Nerraw Sushi-slayer.

Archer dead :toot:

The Octopus smacks Lenneth, then coats her in Black Mucus, making her take more damage from Water attacks (see Aqua Bubble) and Falestrike (murdering her chance to hit).

At least he doesn't have TP anymore, but you can see how that'd quickly kill someone if there's two running around doing that.

Off camera Lenneth gets some more heals. Decided to use a TS here for Canopus as I figured he'd not need the TP to finish off the Octopi.

Warrior drops a hanged man card. Pretty sure this went to Levi.

Octopi is at 5 hp :toot: we're almost on fast forward mode now.

Martine and Voltare start moving in on Josephine, she tries to silence Voltare but he will not be silent.

Huh, what're the loving odds of that

Canopus from downtown

*thunk*

Teleporting :argh:

Copper -> Bronze -> Silver, apparently.

Few classes get levelled to 9, Terror Knight gets to 4.5.

Next time on Tactics Ogre Z, we take a detour.

tithin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 28, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tithin posted:

This Octopi needs to be put down :arghgist:

Borked smilie here

tithin posted:

[timg]https://lpix.org/2809814/20170527110702_1.png[/img

Copper -> Bronze -> Silver, apparently.

A bracket was lost to time here.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RareAcumen posted:

Borked smilie here

A bracket was lost to time here.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

waah posted:

The facg that you can't skip the crafting animation on the pot.

I could swear there is a code to skip the animation itself, but my memory is probably tricking me.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

I could swear there is a code to skip the animation itself, but my memory is probably tricking me.

There is:

_C1 No Crafting animation
_L 0x2008BBE8 0x00000000
_L 0x2008BC5C 0x00000000

The crafting animation was one of my biggest gripes with the game. The 2nd biggest was the inability to forget or disable spells you know. I often put some of my casters on AI control, since the AI is pretty reliable, but they love to spam useless debuff spells.
Thankfully, this too can be fixed with cwcheat.
_C1 Unlearn All Spells Character Slot 1
_L 0x802d8586 0x00210001
_L 0x00000000 0x00000000

By adding 0x0000048c to the address portion of the first code, you can affect your 2nd, 3rd, ect. Note that this related to the actual unit it, not the assigned id. To see the actual ID, use this code:
_C1 MP shows real unit order
_L 0x802D84B6 0x00320246
_L 0x10000001 0x00000001

With this on, the unit's current MP value in the party menu is their unit id. So, to make the 5th unit forget all spells, use the code:
_C1 Unlearn All Spells Character Slot 5
_L 0x802d97b6 0x00210001
_L 0x00000000 0x00000000

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Right, that'd be it.

I'm surprised there's nothing to make Field Alchemy IV or Lobber innate. I will have to look at that.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

akkristor posted:

There is:

_L 0x2008BBE8 0x00000000
_L 0x2008BC5C 0x00000000

The crafting animation was one of my biggest gripes with the game. The 2nd biggest was the inability to forget or disable spells you know. I often put some of my casters on AI control, since the AI is pretty reliable, but they love to spam useless debuff spells.
Thankfully, this too can be fixed with cwcheat.
_C1 Unlearn All Spells Character Slot 1
_L 0x802d8586 0x00210001
_L 0x00000000 0x00000000

By adding 0x0000048c to the address portion of the first code, you can affect your 2nd, 3rd, ect. Note that this related to the actual unit it, not the assigned id. To see the actual ID, use this code:
_C1 MP shows real unit order
_L 0x802D84B6 0x00320246
_L 0x10000001 0x00000001

With this on, the unit's current MP value in the party menu is their unit id. So, to make the 5th unit forget all spells, use the code:
_C1 Unlearn All Spells Character Slot 5
_L 0x802d97b6 0x00210001
_L 0x00000000 0x00000000

I have a bunch of codes that I got from .. somewhere. I think I got it as some sort of cheat database a few years back, but I'll show it off in the next "gently caress all y'all" update coming LATER TODAY.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

gently caress all y'all Episode 2 - Ravness forgets how to block edition

Ok, we're at one of the worst parts of the game. Let's cheat.

Buy all this poo poo

Crafting is defined by your Crafting books, there are some default books you can buy from the store and the rest are drops from the Phoramphan Wildwoods, and other endgame activities.

For the sakes of "I cannot be hosed" I have removed the crafting animation, boosted crafting success to 100% and made it so I can craft without the need for component items.

What crafting does is give you a superior version of the item you're crafting, they get big boosts in stats and in the case of weapons, will also give you a chance to land a status debuff on hit. The debuff is different dependant on equipped weapon, but 2h swords apply breached (lowered defenses), from memory.

Crafting requires both crafted components and dropped items (in the above screenshot it requires a "The Chariot" card, and if you don't have any that's dropped? tough poo poo.

Copying and pasting from a gamefaqs guide for part of this:

quote:

----------------------- -----------
IS THERE A DOWNSIDE TO CRAFTING? [3.c]
Crafting is a notoriously time consuming process.

Items, including craftable ingredients, must be made one at a time.

This becomes especially tedious in the case of crafting more advanced ingredients, such as a single bar of Wootz Steel which requres a total of 37 crafting processes.

A second downside is the possibility of failure. Each recipe, including those for ingredients, has a success rate which is based on your party's base stats.

Also worth noting is that crafted items' weight and RT are often increased. This is not necessarily a significant drawback, but it may be worth considering when planning or crafting equipment.

Level requirement also increases by 1 on upgraded weapons and armor {with a few exceptions), and by significantly more on upgraded jewelry.

For reference, this is a Wootz steel. On paper, very straightforward, 2 Steel Ingots, and 2 Baldur ingots.

Steel Ingots require 2 Iron Ingots and a Graphite.

Baldur Ingots require 1 Baldur Ore, 1 Silver Ingot and 1 Krystallos Ore.

I could break it down further but you get the idea. Crafting is the most time consuming part of the game, from the "suspense" of seeing if your craft completed or not 37 times, the drumroll, the animation the expense

Is crafting worth it? yes. They give you a big boost to stats, inflict debuffs and are overall a huge boost, but god drat does it hurt to use.

Map: The Reisan Way

: She's for the gallows at any rate. I say we have done with it here and now!

: Orders is orders. Commander Loxaerion is to have a proper hearing before her justice is meted out.

: And is it not some opposition nobleman who spares her? Why do you suppose they go to such lengths to keep her from harm?

: They say there's Galgastani blood in her. Might be that blood is bluer than most.

: Then her crime is twofold, for she is a kinslayer besides! I see no Galgastani before me - only a Walister Knight!

: The Walister name me a Galgastani traitor, while the Galgastani claim I am a Walister Knight.

: The Galgastani can't so much as escort a prisoner without a quarrel. No wonder the country splits in two.

: It'll mean my neck if I don't bring you back safe to Coritanae.

: What? How!?

: If you mean to seize me as a traitor, then do so. Else return to your duties. Tarry here too long and your master may wonder at your absence.

Only one choice leads to recruitment

: Not words I'd expect from a man with the blood of Balmamusa on his hands. But still only words.

: Believe me or not, as you will.

: Ravness! They didn't hurt you, did they?

: When I heard the Galgastani had captured you, I feared the worst.

: I deserved that. I've not forgotten the way we treated you at Balmamusa. But believe me, I want only to save you.

: To save me, you say? Well, I do believe you, actually.

: Only I wonder... what form this salvation?

: I do not think to mend the wound in your heart, but I can help save your life.

Enemy Composition

Yellow

Alfred (Knight)
H. Knight
H. Archer x3
H. Warrior x3
H. Cleric
H. Wizard

Green

Ravness (Valkyrie)

This is functionally a rescue mission. Ravness is not hostile to us last game, but nor will she aid us. She also treats us as enemies so will try to keep her distance from us which is... not helpful.

Ravness runs ahead of the crowd again

Everyone's had a new round of +1 equipment, netting a sizeable boost to damage.

Very sizeable.

Ravness is the only target for the enemy as we're not close.

Snipette's not as "good" as Canopus, but she's a big hitter now.

We can't buff Ravness, so Lenneth just moves up.

Ravness moves away and drops a spiritsurge at the enemy, putting her in range of three archers, two wizards, a knight and a soldier.

Enemy archer gets a heal.

This is a new one - it makes the Castee immune to movement limiting effects such as Rampart Aura. Enemy Wizards love casting this on beasts.

Canopus hits very hard now. Not pictured, his instill damage doing about 30~ damage and knocking the archer down to 4hp.

2handed +1 Voulges apply breach too! :hist101:

Only half health, we should be fine.

Female knight heals up the crippled Archer.

:ohdear:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

And for those who wanted the cheats database entries for their own games

Create a folder in (assuming you're using PPSPP):

PPSSPP/Memstick/PSP/Cheats

Create a folder called "ULUS10565.ini" and copy paste the below into the game.

Enable cheats in the PPSSPP config and start the game, press escape, go to cheats, and select by left clicking on the cheats you want to activate.

code:
_G Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together [US]
_C0 All Class change license 99
_L 0x802E8543 0x00310001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Base Stat max first 50 Unit
_L 0x802D84C8 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84CA 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84CC 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84CE 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84D0 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84D2 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84D4 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84D6 0x00320246
_L 0x100003E8 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84C4 0x00320246
_L 0x100007D0 0x00000000
_L 0x802D84C6 0x00320246
_L 0x100007D0 0x00000000
_C0 Disable Quick Skill Rank up
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00E03025
_C0 Enable auction item in store
_L 0x80310F7A 0x00270001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Accessory x01
_L 0x802E8327 0x00380001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Accessory x09
_L 0x802E8327 0x00380001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Accessory x10
_L 0x802E8327 0x00380001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Accessory x15
_L 0x802E8327 0x00380001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Accessory x31
_L 0x802E8327 0x00380001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Accessory x99
_L 0x802E8327 0x00380001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Arm Gear x01
_L 0x802E82F8 0x00180001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Arm Gear x09
_L 0x802E82F8 0x00180001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Arm Gear x10
_L 0x802E82F8 0x00180001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Arm Gear x15
_L 0x802E82F8 0x00180001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Arm Gear x31
_L 0x802E82F8 0x00180001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Arm Gear x99
_L 0x802E82F8 0x00180001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Body Gear x01
_L 0x002E829B 0x00000001
_L 0x802E82CB 0x002D0001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Body Gear x09
_L 0x002E829B 0x00000009
_L 0x802E82CB 0x002D0001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Body Gear x10
_L 0x002E829B 0x0000000A
_L 0x802E82CB 0x002D0001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Body Gear x15
_L 0x002E829B 0x0000000F
_L 0x802E82CB 0x002D0001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Body Gear x31
_L 0x002E829B 0x0000001F
_L 0x802E82CB 0x002D0001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Body Gear x99
_L 0x002E829B 0x00000063
_L 0x802E82CB 0x002D0001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Foot Gear x01
_L 0x002E829C 0x00000001
_L 0x802E8310 0x00170001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Foot Gear x09
_L 0x002E829C 0x00000009
_L 0x802E8310 0x00170001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Foot Gear x10
_L 0x002E829C 0x0000000A
_L 0x802E8310 0x00170001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Foot Gear x15
_L 0x002E829C 0x0000000F
_L 0x802E8310 0x00170001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Foot Gear x31
_L 0x002E829C 0x0000001F
_L 0x802E8310 0x00170001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Foot Gear x99
_L 0x002E829C 0x00000063
_L 0x802E8310 0x00170001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Head Gear x01
_L 0x802E82BB 0x00100001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Head Gear x09
_L 0x802E82BB 0x00100001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Head Gear x10
_L 0x802E82BB 0x00100001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Head Gear x15
_L 0x802E82BB 0x00100001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Head Gear x31
_L 0x802E82BB 0x00100001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Head Gear x99
_L 0x802E82BB 0x00100001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Magic x99
_L 0x802E843C 0x01070001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Shield x01
_L 0x802E829D 0x001E0001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Shield x09
_L 0x802E829D 0x001E0001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Shield x10
_L 0x802E829D 0x001E0001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Shield x15
_L 0x802E829D 0x001E0001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Shield x31
_L 0x802E829D 0x001E0001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Shield x99
_L 0x802E829D 0x001E0001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Weapon x01
_L 0x802E8111 0x01780001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_L 0x802E835F 0x00240001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Weapon x09
_L 0x802E8111 0x01780001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_L 0x802E835F 0x00240001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Weapon x10
_L 0x802E8111 0x01780001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_L 0x802E835F 0x00240001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Weapon x15
_L 0x802E8111 0x01780001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_L 0x802E835F 0x00240001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Weapon x31
_L 0x802E8111 0x01780001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_L 0x802E835F 0x00240001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Have all Weapon x99
_L 0x802E8111 0x01780001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_L 0x802E835F 0x00240001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C0 Hold Triangle for success Recruit
_L 0x20034B5C 0x160200B8
_L 0x20034B88 0x148000AD
_L 0x20034BA8 0x144000A5
_L 0x10034BB0 0x0000012C
_L 0x20034C08 0x10A0008D
_L 0x20034C3C 0x10800080
_L 0x20034D98 0x06200005
_L 0x20034DA8 0x50A00001
_L 0x20038214 0x14400339
_L 0x20038260 0x14850006
_L 0x20038270 0x10400322
_L 0xD000000A 0x10001000
_L 0x20034B5C 0x00000000
_L 0x20034B88 0x00000000
_L 0x20034BA8 0x00000000
_L 0x10034BB0 0x00000000
_L 0x20034C08 0x00000000
_L 0x20034C3C 0x00000000
_L 0x20034D98 0x00000000
_L 0x20034DA8 0x00000000
_L 0x20038214 0x00000000
_L 0x20038260 0x00000000
_C0 Loyalty max first 50 Unit
_L 0x802D84E9 0x0032048C
_L 0x00000064 0x00000000
_C0 Max Valerian Chaos Flame
_L 0x002CF861 0x00000064
_L 0x002CF862 0x00000064
_L 0x002CF863 0x00000064
_C0 Quick Skill Rank up
_L 0x20035FF0 0x00073200
_C0 Skill Point first 50 Unit 99k
_L 0x402D85AC 0x00320123
_L 0x0001869F 0x00000000
_C0 Support Skills Learned 50 unit
_L 0x802D8548 0x0032048C
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_L 0x402D85B0 0x00320123
_L 0xFFFFFFFF 0x00000000
_L 0x402D85B4 0x00320123
_L 0xFFFFFFFF 0x00000000
_L 0x402D85B8 0x00320123
_L 0xFFFFFFFF 0x00000000
_L 0x402D85BC 0x00320123
_L 0xFFFFFFFF 0x00000000
_L 0x402D85C0 0x00320123
_L 0xFFFFFFFF 0x00000000
_L 0x402D85C4 0x00320123
_L 0xFFFFFFFF 0x00000000
_L 0x202D85C8 0x00320123
_L 0x0000FFFF 0x00000000
_C0 Use Item & Reagents x01
_L 0x802E83A5 0x00970001
_L 0x00000001 0x00000000
_C0 Use Item & Reagents x09
_L 0x802E83A5 0x00970001
_L 0x00000009 0x00000000
_C0 Use Item & Reagents x10
_L 0x802E83A5 0x00970001
_L 0x0000000A 0x00000000
_C0 Use Item & Reagents x15
_L 0x802E83A5 0x00970001
_L 0x0000000F 0x00000000
_C0 Use Item & Reagents x31
_L 0x802E83A5 0x00970001
_L 0x0000001F 0x00000000
_C0 Use Item & Reagents x99
_L 0x802E83A5 0x00970001
_L 0x00000063 0x00000000
_C1 Crafting success rate 100%
_L 0x201285B4 0x10000015
_L 0x2012860C 0x340200FF
_L 0x2008BBE8 0x00000000
_L 0x2008BC5C 0x00000000
_C1 Can mix without needed mats
_L 0x201214f0 0x3411063
_C1 Materials don't drop when mixed
_L 0x2008B9C8 Ox10000003

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I really want it so that Field Alchemy is not required. I know it can be done, but there's an easy way (edit every item's requirements) and a hard way that is much more elegant.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tallgeese posted:

I really want it so that Field Alchemy is not required. I know it can be done, but there's an easy way (edit every item's requirements) and a hard way that is much more elegant.

Field Alchemy is very very much a filler skill imo.

Very useful to have, but it could easily be innate.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That mod I mentioned released a beta:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999440-tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together/75379432

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Hey, nice LP! I'd never actually heard of this game, even though I've played tons of Knights of Lodis. I should probably get around to actually finishing it sometime...

By the way - I was poking around, and this cheat here appears to allow you to control specific units, which could help solve the game's 'suicidal guest' problem. Just making the guest keep at least some distance from the enemy should help make the experience far less hair-tearingly awful than it appears to be.

Because, you know, gently caress escort quests.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Right below the Steel Ingot. You see that item called "Hagane Steel"? Hagane is the romanized version of the Japanese word for steel. This item is called Steel Steel.

(Steel no longer sounds like a word to me.)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm so glad I only played the old version and never had to deal with this crafting nonsense :v:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm so glad I only played the old version and never had to deal with this crafting nonsense :v:

You can actually ignore it for the most part if you want. Pretty sure I beat the game the first time without using it at all. By the end of it you can gear up pretty well if you know what you're looking for and kill the right targets.

I do find it weird that you can no longer recruit humanoids like Hawkmen and Lizardmen or monsters such a Golems from cities and can only recruit them from battle.

Still, there's little reason to play the original over this.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Ah, Wootz Steel. My old enemy, we meet again.

:negative:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bifauxnen posted:

You save so much time via the time rewinding function, though

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm going to give this a shot when my new vita memory card arrives.

Coucho Marx posted:

Hey, nice LP! I'd never actually heard of this game, even though I've played tons of Knights of Lodis. I should probably get around to actually finishing it sometime...

By the way - I was poking around, and this cheat here appears to allow you to control specific units, which could help solve the game's 'suicidal guest' problem. Just making the guest keep at least some distance from the enemy should help make the experience far less hair-tearingly awful than it appears to be.

Because, you know, gently caress escort quests.

Thanks for this - both the compliment and the code. The code i will apply if i have a string of lovely luck and lose patience, the compliment I'll apply right now.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Right below the Steel Ingot. You see that item called "Hagane Steel"? Hagane is the romanized version of the Japanese word for steel. This item is called Steel Steel.

(Steel no longer sounds like a word to me.)

When I was reading this comment at lunch today I knew exactly what you meant. The word sort of loses focus yah?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thread update, rematch complete and succesful, can't guarantee write up will be done tommorow, so will be in the coming few days.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

IS THERE A DOWNSIDE TO CRAFTING? [3.c]
Crafting is a notoriously time consuming process.

Items, including craftable ingredients, must be made one at a time.

This becomes especially tedious in the case of crafting more advanced ingredients, such as a single bar of Wootz Steel which requres a total of 37 crafting processes.

A second downside is the possibility of failure. Each recipe, including those for ingredients, has a success rate which is based on your party's base stats.

Also worth noting is that crafted items' weight and RT are often increased. This is not necessarily a significant drawback, but it may be worth considering when planning or crafting equipment.

Level requirement also increases by 1 on upgraded weapons and armor {with a few exceptions), and by significantly more on upgraded jewelry.

what kind of monster creates something like this

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

tithin posted:

Thread update, rematch complete and succesful, can't guarantee write up will be done tommorow, so will be in the coming few days.

I've got a question for you about an upcoming battle and an optional character recruitment path. Want me to send it to ya in a PM?

akkristor fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 31, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

tithin posted:

I'm going to give this a shot when my new vita memory card arrives.

It's amazing how much more interesting the game is when nobody gets Strengthen, Fortify, Truestrike, etc.

Knights are tanktastic, Berserkers rip things to pieces (especially when they learn Double Attack), but drop like a rock if ganged up on. Et cetera.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 31, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm not particularly bothered by a dude one square from the edge of the map walking off it. I sincerely doubt you could possibly get there in time to catch them anyhow.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Plus the whole point is to make the enemy mistake you for a huge attacking force and pull them away from where the main army os striking.

Having a guy run off screaming "oh god, they're here!" is actively to the plans benefit

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 4 - We rescue Ravness edition

The ancient Valerians laid the cobblestones for this road here over 1,000 years ago. Even today it serves to connect the various regions of the island together.

Picking up from uh, before. I buggered off back to town and finally bought a lobber for HEALBOT and then wound up not needing the loving thing.

Also fought a random battle on the way back and got old mate Kilmotos to level 7, so I'm going to ease him into the murder train as he's only two levels under (can you spot the error I just made)

Opening moves are identical to the gently caress all y'all episode with ravness now blocking arrows instead. Apparently death disagrees with her, who knew.

Canopus gets an instill lightning too late to properly gently caress up that soldier even more

Pictured: one terrified warrior.

Big round of buffs on our side and some tiny healing from the enemy side.

She's getting back into the swing of blocking things

Oh oh oh, we set her up for the skewer, can she do it?

Well now we're fully on the offensive with that loving Lenneth / Ravness spitroast of the two soldiers.

:gas:

The enemy is fond of targetting their own in order to land a hit on you.

This power spike will diminish.

More blocking :toot:

She may as well have flown apart in a pile of gibs and blood

Lenneth has had a taste for blood and she likes what she's tasted.

First actions for Kilmotos that aren't cowering in a corner and he can't land a paralyse for poo poo

He took some damage from somewhere, think it was an archer, it's not in my screenshot pile for some reason.

It's raining again.

More damage back and forth, now that Kilmotos is in range he's a high priority for the enemy because he has lower stats he takes more damage and deals much less.

Poison landed on Levi and Kilmotos both.

Cleanup time

He's a high priority target, can't tank for any length of time without excessive overhealing and he can't land a hit for poo poo.

Actually that sums you up pretty well, hey grid?

More heals to bring up our resident lowbie. Bringing him in early was a bad idea, but he's at full health, what could possibly go wrong?

Enemy archer gets off a decent crit on Kilmotos rear. Wouldn't be an issue if he didn't have such a fat rear end.

One shot, one kill

I uh, don't remember how she died. I'm about 99% sure it was Snipette with a Tremendous shot.

Back to full health, absolutely nothing can go wrong from here.

See? Blocks!

I only caught the 9 damage from the instill. Whoops.

Gave stats to Levi, he deserves it.

Alfred has decent stats all things considered.

Hmm, Kilmotos has full health he should be fine.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand skip to the end.

: Are you a traitor?

: She has Galgastani blood in her. Is it any wonder some tie remains?

: You speak as though she betrayed the Walister outright, sister.

: doubt even those Galgastani nobles who do not take so hard a line as Balbatos would have offered me shelter were it not for my blood. But in the final lay of the cards, I am a woman without a country.

: I'm sorry.

: I had always told myself I was a Walister, and I acted the part as best I could. But this.... I am shaken to the core. I no longer know what I am meant to be.

: Ravness, come back with us. Warriors of your skill are in short supply. We could use you.

: I am cheered to hear you say so, but I...I can never go back. I cannot forgive the duke for what he did at Balmamusa...nor the disgrace I suffered there.

: I see.

: I was born in Almorica - spent my childhood there. It will always be my home. Even now, I do only what I feel best for the Walister people. Farewell, Denam. Perhaps we'll meet again someday.

: Are you certain this is the right choice? What if she joins forces with the Galgastani? Should you face her on the battlefield, it will not go easy for you.

: If she becomes an enemy for true, I will face her as any Walister soldier would. Do not worry, sister. All will be well.

tithin fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

tithin posted:

He's a high priority target, can't tank for any length of time without excessive overhealing and he can't land a hit for poo poo.

Actually that sums you up pretty well, hey grid?

:caro: