Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

These guys have hit up most of the reasons why the SFC game was hurtful to your soul.

I don't see anyone mentioning how training worked though. If you wanted to catch a new unit up to your level, get ready to have them throw rocks at the back of the head of higher leveled units for a bit hours as levels were by character, not by class.

The forbidden magics is a big one that I forgot talking about. Forbidden magic worked like summons in a lesser known RPG named Gungnir. If you used it, you were either desperate, or over confident it wouldn't kill your own dudes, or both.

You haven't seen me use a lot of Draconic magic this run because the AI typically won't use it even if you have it equipped. One of these times when I notice it's been too long between updates, I'll crank out an update with draconic, songstress, ninja, and swordmaster magics.

Re: The Next Update
You guys have the choice to choose.

A) This CODA Train don't stop: Finish CODA 3 and 4
B) I liek Angels Ethereal Visions: Oooh what is San Bronsa?
C) We've seen 9 months of the Palace of the Dead, why not 10?: Who is Blackmoor?
D) I encourage you to cheat and get orichalcum: Let see some Heavenly Generals
E) I have another idea: Name something I haven't covered in the post game or in the other choices

We'll leave voting open for til either the end of the day 4/6 (eastern time) or if it seems like it's a landslide.

Hint: 3 of these 5 options already have screenshots for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

What is San Bronsa?

I almost typed San Brinsa, and that made me think of San Brinstar.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

waah posted:

The forbidden magics is a big one that I forgot talking about. Forbidden magic worked like summons in a lesser known RPG named Gungnir. If you used it, you were either desperate, or over confident it wouldn't kill your own dudes, or both.

Gungnir was rad and the summons had a great presentation.

Don't care what's next. Just want to see how far this madness goes.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Training's irritation is a bit overstated in the SFC/PSOne version. You can always choose not to use it and instead level up through random encounters. And any plot uniques that joined you were up to par with your level. In the final chapter, once the stat differentials are so set in stone that everyone is usually good at something, the big level differences didn't matter that much anymore. Fun fact, since Matsuno was behind all the versions of this game and FFT, they were initially planning on putting a Training option in FFT but for some reason decided against it.

Also, finish CODA.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

I agree for the most part. I somewhat disagree on two points though.

1. armor could be useful if you were smart about it, and considering how lethal the original was you wanted to have something on your guys at least.

2. dual wielding was a trap early on, and only got good later in the game. You were better off making your ninja discount archers early on since the ninja stat growth was pretty good (like you said, agi and dex were both very good things to have).

One of the more "interesting" quirks to this game was that almost every class could counterattack often with 100% chance at full power. This would be fine if you could get both attacks in from the back (for full hit chance because good luck hitting some enemies from the front :downs:) and possibly kill them before they could murderize your poor ninja, but it didn't work that way. You would hit once, they would turn around and CLOBBER you (possibly killing your poor lightly armored ninja unless the rng gods are on your side), and THEN you would get your 2nd attack if you were still alive (which would likely now miss since you're attacking from the front).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
All I am hearing is "stick to the PSP version, possibly with mods and/or cheats to smooth out the prickly bits", and I'm fine with that.

One thing that I noticed early in this LP and that One Vision really addresses, even though it's only 92% done according to the author, is the power of archers. I haven't played OV yet, but archer dominance really jumped out at me and was commented upon many times in this thread. Not surprisingly, that was one of the first things addressed in the mod.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

waah posted:

I don't see anyone mentioning how training worked though. If you wanted to catch a new unit up to your level, get ready to have them throw rocks at the back of the head of higher leveled units for a bit hours as levels were by character, not by class.

Alternately, petrify a beefy tank and let your weaklings bonk away with increased accuracy and without fear of being instantly gibbed by counterattacks. Still tedious as all gently caress, though.

A few other differences I can recall through the fog of years:

The vast majority of levels in the PotD were just small boxes with your dudes on one side and the enemy on the other, with no features except a bit of slightly raised platform in the middle. It was a lot faster but also boring as poo poo.

The scarcity of revival has been mentioned, but to go further: there were only a handful of copies of Revivify in the game. You could pick up Necro rather earlier, which would let you "revive" a unit as a ghost/zombie, but for some crazy reason they resented being brought back as a cursèd abomination and tended to defect after battle--though if you kept one around long enough to pick up Retissue you could return them to life as a level 1 character with all their stats, which is as broken as it sounds.

LUCT's Enchantress sprite was TO's Witch, who could only use utility and status magic, while LUCT's Witches were TO's Sirens, who were basically just female Wizards you had to unlock. The TO Warlock was the male counterpart to the TO Witch and could likewise mostly only use status magic...except they were also the only generics able to use dragon magic, which as noted was bonkers.

Instead of different ranks of a given spell you just had the one spell, and for the AoE ones area started out at one tile and gradually increased based on...I honestly don't remember if it was class levels or raw stats. I kind of miss that, actually.

No skills, no weapon finishers, just bonking/shooting people and magic and a handful of special abilities mostly for nonhuman units, most of which also made them damage themselves.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
To San Bronsa we go!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
CODA CODA CODA

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bernstrike posted:

CODA CODA CODA

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also, while I'm here I updated the index with the most recent WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH posts.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

Also, while I'm here I updated the index with the most recent WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH posts.

Grazie.

So one of the more interesting things I'm noticing here as I'm getting prepped for more content is that there are certain areas of the actual post game where the map design is brilliant and prevents me from cheesing the game as originally intended. I really have to give the devs some respect for still managing to keep some challenge even when it's clear I should be wiping the floor with all of these enemies.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Bernstrike posted:

CODA CODA CODA

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Voting Reminder

This is the last 36 hours to get your votes in on what we cover for the next few updates.

C) We've seen 9 months of the Palace of the Dead, why not 10?: Who is Blackmoor?

E) I have another idea: Name something I haven't covered in the post game or in the other choices

Right now voting is
A) 4
B) 2
C) 0
D) 0
E) 0

Don't care) 1

There's an end in sight gentlegoons. It's pretty far away, but there is an end coming. For the first time ever, I think I got legit sad because I realize I don't have too many more screen caps left before we're all done with thing.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

Voting Reminder

This is the last 36 hours to get your votes in on what we cover for the next few updates.

Right now voting is
A) 4
B) 2
C) 0
D) 0
E) 0

Don't care) 1

There's an end in sight gentlegoons. It's pretty far away, but there is an end coming. For the first time ever, I think I got legit sad because I realize I don't have too many more screen caps left before we're all done with thing.

Though all I really care about is that everything is done eventually, I'll add my vote to CODA as well. It seems to be the most tedious bit and I'm a fan of getting the obnoxious poo poo over with quickly, so that's my pick.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finish CODA.

mauman posted:

There would be WAY to many differences. It's like trying to compare Risk to Risk legacy. There are superficial similarities, but the differences are so massive that it would take way too much to list.

Bare bones -

items had to be carried by the person (competing with equipment). btw, max of 4 items or equipment.

Death was more or less permanent till about 2/3 through the game (and even then it's still a massive threat), none of this 3 heart plus a few turns of grace bollocks.

class system was very basic. Certain classes got bonuses to certain weapons or could use certain spells, and determined stat growth, and that's pretty much it.

Alignment was WAY more important, determined what classes you could pick and had a hand in certain magic use. Also, certain alignment/class combos were a trap. Never make a neutral character a priest.

On a side note, Princess was stupidly strong (instead of just ok), and Lord was a joke in comparison (instead of the best class in the game).

Don't get me started on the elemental system.

Lord was ok in the PSX/SFC version, it's just that Princess was godly and in no way ever worth giving up for Lord.
Petrify also lasted the entire battle.
Dragon Magic was insanely powerful and all you needed was a fast character (Canopus) to use MP items on a Dragon Magic user who would proceed to nuke the enemy forces immediately.
Forbidden Magic was extremely stupid, especially since Dragon Magic existed and Wipe Out wasn't too hard to get (suicidal AI not withstanding).
Starion made exorcists redundant (though Dragon Magic in general made lots of things redundant).
Turning someone in to a gunner was a permanent class change you could never revert and even with the 1-2 guns that weren't total trash, gunner was still bad.
Reanimate+Retissue was broken beyond all reckoning.
Getting even a dozen or so points of Luck on someone was a significant overall boost to them.
Ninja or Swordmaster Ramza Denim with decent luck could wreck people but he's a glass canon.
Using the warrior/training gear from POTD gave +1 luck per level per piece of warrior/training gear equipped at the time, helping with the aforementioned boost.
Snapdragon was far, far more powerful than the remake's cursed weapon stuff even without using Reanimate+Retissue on characters you're going to snapdragon.
Haboyrim was the Blind God of Status Aliments.

Leveling was both more dumb and less tedious in the original version too. Though the remake is a massive nightmare grindfest in general.

waah posted:

As soon as you have access to two copies of heal magic, training was easy though?

1v1 Cleric/Exorcist fight. Turn on auto battle, find something to hold down A(?) for the occasional battle chant, go do something else for an hour or two and come back to your healers several levels higher. Leave training, start new training with healers + useful characters, and spend 5 minutes beating up the healers to gain a handful of levels.

Or let the healers fight overnight while you sleep and end up with a pair of level 50 characters. If you have access to petrify then one level 50 petrifies the other and you have everyone else hit the statue for 1 damage and 100 exp per attack until they're in the 40s. Leveling in the original only took forever if you trained 'properly' in the game.

It's dumb but still better than the per-class bullshit in the PSP version. And there was no skill grinding nonsense either. :colbert:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

The CODAs have it. I'm gonna work on it and try to get the next update out before the end of April.

Everything outside of the Heavenly Generals and extra special fuckery has screenshots, but I want to try my hardest to make the best possible updates for the last two episodes of the CODA since they're love letters to the fans. I'm digging to try to some research and reading over information from the other games in the series to find stuff I might have missed.

On the very off chance that anyone knows of a good resource that has a legit translation of the script of Prince of Zenobia for the Neo Geo pocket, let me know. I don't think it has any story that ties into what we're finishing up, but I just want to make sure.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Bad ideas require double posting.

Guess who just found his copy of Knight of Lodis to start a playthrough again to get screenshots to prove that it's canon in regards to the CODA.

:shepicide:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Waah no!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

Waah no!

The part I was looking for was really early on in the game. A lot earlier than I remembered. I might have the itch for Knight of Lodis again though. So don't be surprised if I start gushing about it.

Doesn't affect the progress of this LP. I'm putting together a CODA 3 update slowly, even though it'll probably have to be a two parter or else it gets really long.

Need a terrible photoshop or two to continue the theme here. We're still on pace to have a real update soonish. Don't worry.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I really wanted to like TKOL. I actually bought the original GBA and The Knight of Lodis (technically counting as my first major video game purchases as a part-time working high schooler). I think it was the only GBA game I bought.

- I was instantly turned off by the change to the turn-based combat--I liked the strategy that WT, speed, and related factors offered.
- Combat was so unbelievably slow and often painful. Units were often HP sponges that took more than one round of focus firing to wear them down.
- Class change requirements were unnecessarily restrictive thanks to emblems. Trying to become a swordmaster? Better cheese those three dodges in a row in training mode!
- On the subject of emblems: Oh, whoops, you trained that level 1 unit up 20 levels in training mode, looks like they'll never do criticals! And did that level 1 unit attack your level 20 in training mode while leveling and get hit for 2/3 of their HP? Welp, permanent -10 INT you IDIOT.
-Biorhythm sucked. That's all.
-The music was bad, but I blame that on the GBA. Also, it was hard as hell to play anything on the OG GBA and its dim as hell screen.

There's more, but those are the ones that drove me insane off the top of my head. As an aside: it was the only game I bought for GBA, and I bought a PSP specifically for Tactics Ogre (which was also the only game I bought for it).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
While waah suffers through another update, I think that I'm going to reread this thread from the start. Elsewhere, I've been wanting for some time to play a tactical RPG but I'm finding myself having a bad case of "spoiled for choice", I suppose. Part of me wants to play this game, but I don't really want to play it anymore without One Vision as that fixes so many issues. However, OV is nearly finished and I keep telling myself to wait for the feature-complete version. I thought about trying FFT, but there are so many options... I have a disc PSX copy but also WotL for PSP and the mobile version, but there are also so many mods and improvement patches for the former two. Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences? I'm open to the idea of other games, but I just can't make up my mind.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Gungnir was rad and the summons had a great presentation.

Don't care what's next. Just want to see how far this madness goes.

Ending was awful.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

While waah suffers through another update, I think that I'm going to reread this thread from the start. Elsewhere, I've been wanting for some time to play a tactical RPG but I'm finding myself having a bad case of "spoiled for choice", I suppose. Part of me wants to play this game, but I don't really want to play it anymore without One Vision as that fixes so many issues. However, OV is nearly finished and I keep telling myself to wait for the feature-complete version. I thought about trying FFT, but there are so many options... I have a disc PSX copy but also WotL for PSP and the mobile version, but there are also so many mods and improvement patches for the former two. Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences? I'm open to the idea of other games, but I just can't make up my mind.

There's always FFTA and FFTA2 :kiddo:

Have you played Into the Breach? I've heard it's a pretty good tactics game, though it's not going to have an FFT-style plot as far as I know.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

JustJeff88 posted:

Front mission 3 might be what you are looking for.

Machado de Assis posted:

If we're recommending indie PC tactical rpg style games as well, Battle Brothers is pretty great.

I gotta look into this one. I didn't think about indie SRPGs, but man I'm mad I never stumped for the Trese Brothers and their games in this thread.

Battle force Templar is an extremely competent and good game that is totally not Warhammer 40k the SPRG.

Star Traders 2 is really good as well.

Seriously if this type of game is your thing you owe it to yourself to try one of the Trese Brothers games.

waah fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 28, 2019

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

If we're recommending indie PC tactical rpg style games as well, Battle Brothers is pretty great.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Elric posted:

Ending was awful.

Yeah it felt like half the game just straight up didn't exist and they just threw something together at the end.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

JustJeff88 posted:

Go play Brigandine on the Playstation. It's a neat game though one downside is that once you have a solid grasp of the combat system you can stomp the poo poo out of the AI while potentially stealing their good units, enabling you to keep stomping harder and faster.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Evil Fluffy posted:

Go play Brigandine on the Playstation. It's a neat game though one downside is that once you have a solid grasp of the combat system you can stomp the poo poo out of the AI while potentially stealing their good units, enabling you to keep stomping harder and faster.

That game was great! Is there any legal way to play it if you don’t have a disc?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

For narrative reasons which will make sense when I release this next update or two, I am going to spoil the poo poo out of Knight of Lodis. If for some reason you are concerned about spoilers that I've already spoiled earlier in the thread but not as part of the LP, then you should pass on the rest of the CODA until you beat Knight of Lodis. There's no way for me to extract the story of Knight of Lodis from the story I want to tell about the CODA and it's nuance.

With that said, with as much as I've enjoyed Knight of Lodis, never say never.

I hope to have the next update out by Friday. I gotta redo the Knight of Lodis screenshots as they all came out impossibly tiny, but we're almost there.

CODA 3 will probably be two updates simply because of the amount of text in it, even though it's only two battles.

I'm so excited guys. So effin excited.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

WORLD: EPISODE 15 – Face Me If You Dare
Welcome back to the longest running Tactics Ogre SSLP currently on the internet. It’s sure as crap not because we provide the most content, just that we’re moving at glacial pace. It’s plenty of time for your friends to catch up on this before we finish slightly before the heat death of the universe

Where are we?

We are currently starting chapter 3 of the post-game CODA. All of the recruitable Xenobians are alive. Catiua, Vyce, and Don Quixote are also all still alive and prospering. We finished an incredibly grueling section of the game, CODA Chapter 2, that is the hardest part of the game to finish, hands down.

So, what do we do when you’ve just finished an important bit of story and the game dumps you out to the main map screen?

Check!

The!

Warren!

Report!!!!!!!!

One of many good things about the CODA is that it never makes the grueling war you just participated in seem glamorous. It does not romanticize what was essentially ethnic cleansing. Nor does it hand waive away the broken vets who are left to continue on once the battles have long ended.

With Catiua, aka Princess Versalia, proving why she’s a great leader, you can see that she understands that reuniting her people comes with yet another great cost. A quarter cost of the budget of the kingdom is to be devoted to the recovery efforts. It’s a staggering sum to be spent on simply fixing people, especially with Lodis likely to try to take over the isle again once it regroups.

By mentioning that the survivors and suffers turning to drink as a means of escape, the game simply reiterates the broken warrior trope that it so successfully used during the Azlestan side quest. If you somehow disagreed with my assessment that Azlestan was suffering from PTSD, this update of the Warren Report describes him to a T.

With all that out the way let’s go to the nearest abbey in the royal city of Heim to check in on the various citizens of Valeria. Well, not necessarily a citizen of Valeria, but a man who has helped the citizens of Valeria greatly.

: You’ve trade with the continent to tank for that. Galleons throng the seas as they once did.

: Yes, and people are returning to their old villages as supplies come in.

: How is he doing?

: I’ll give my greetings from outside, then.

: Yes?

: I see…

Tactics Ogre, the Super Famicom version was released in 1995. 6 years later in 2001, Knight of Lodis was released but with a different director and team. The scenes from Knight of Lodis are meant to be an homage to Lans Hamilton (the Xenobian) and these similarities in screen shots can’t be coincidental. The real kicker though comes from the current version the 2011 PSP remake which takes all of these bits from Knight of Lodis and runs with them.

: Look sharp. Stay alive

Required reading, the second half of this update by Tithin from… 2 years ago?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813071&pagenumber=12#post473797901

Did you ever wonder why we can travel back in time to redo parts of the story, but never actually change major parts of it for the better? Wonder no more. Don Quixote has no chill from here on out. He's going to fix the past and cause all sorts of time paradoxes whilst giving zero point zero fucks.

Seems like as good of a battle party as any.

Martym is as smug as always.

loving yes. Guys, it’s happening. Let’s go, you have no idea how excited I am, from here on out the zingers and battle dialog go nuts.

The reason why this type of dialogue works is because Don Quixote’s character was developed so well over the course of 3 different story lines. None of the CODA would have the emotional effect that it does without the characters enduring such hardships and growing over the course of… many… hours.

But before we get to more awesomeness, let’s check in with Warren. You’ve seen him in battles before now, but let’s check in on him now that he’s not a uh… ninja.

There are a lot of useless skills in this game. Eyes of heaven is one of them. There is never any reason to use this skill unless you’re doing some serious theory crafting for the jp.wiki or something.

No one else knows that we’re travelling through time Bill and Ted style to bring back So Crates. To Martym, we’re just an army that showed up out of nowhere talking poo poo.

I just love the bolding of the dialogue in these chapters. It feels very much like a comic book and it doesn’t help that I see and hear this line in the voice of the amazing Apocalypse voice from the X-Men animated series.

It’s important that the CODA takes place in the Law route because Gildas definitely does not get to talk poo poo after what happens in the neutral path.

: Finishing what I started.

In case you’re wondering, hedge knight is most definitely an insult in this occasion.

It doesn’t really matter. These guys really don’t have a chance at this point even on your first run through the CODA 3. After 115 floors of bullshit, these guys are like the foam roller to your sore muscles. An inconvenience for sure and maybe a little painful, but nothing compared to what you just accomplished.

When you put some damage on Martym, Vyce will speak up on his turn.

: These Loslorien commanders are as tough as they say.

The princess isn’t afraid to throw barbs when she wants.

: You’ll hear no argument from me.

If I’m picking a top 10 screenshots of this entire game, this is just barely on the outside looking in. And that's only because you need the context of the previous screenshots to appreciate it. Everything about Martym is perfect in this frame. The dialogue and response. That smug portrait of him. The way that he turns mid battle and ignores the guy trying to kill him. Martym does all of this so that he can protest being called a name. I love it, I absolutely love it.

: Manners, Catiua.

You can assume I’m gushing over every bit of snarky dialogue from here on out.

Holy gently caress, goons and goonettes, I told you this is so good. I’m really trying to not gush over this, but it’s a drat shame that people don’t get to see this part of the game because of the bullshit of CODA 2. It’s a travesty. It’s a sham. It’s a mockery. It’s a traveshamockery.

Yes, I just made joke about a 15-year-old commercial in 2019. No one said I had a talent for writing or humor.

There’s a battle here, but none of it is as important as the main characters throwing insults at each other. Just assume everyone is slaughtering every one else while the most important characters focus on looking cool and saying witty one liners.

Eventually, we get the best of Martym.

None of these bits of loot even matter any more

I know this update is a little bit shorter than usual but there's just so much dialogue after the next battle that it won't be enjoyable for anyone having a 5000 word update.

Next time, we find out if we can change the fate of Lanselot Hamilton we sure as hell can!. We'll talk more about Knight of Lodis. And we return to the world of bad photoshops and main characters hurling outstanding insults.

waah fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 8, 2019

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I put so many damned hours into this game--probably over 200--but even I wasn't crazy enough to go too far into CODA. Kudos.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I seem to recall that Ozma has some choice words here.

In fact Ozma tends to have a LOT of choice words for her former teammates in the codas.

Rather highlights how far her character has grown.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

mauman posted:

I seem to recall that Ozma has some choice words here.

In fact Ozma tends to have a LOT of choice words for her former teammates in the codas.

Rather highlights how far her character has grown.

:takes notes and boots back up the save file:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

waah posted:

:takes notes and boots back up the save file:

A lot of the major story characters, as I recall, have lines in the last two chapters of the CODA but it may be worth checking the scripts on gamefaqs, they have a limited, though complete, version of the script.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

tithin posted:

A lot of the major story characters, as I recall, have lines in the last two chapters of the CODA but it may be worth checking the scripts on gamefaqs, they have a limited, though complete, version of the script.

I don't know where my psp is right now, or I'd check myself....but I could have sworn that Ozma chews the everlasting gently caress out of Martym here or the next fight.

edit - looked the gamefaqs file...yeah, Ozma has dialogue in EVERY coda 3 and 4 fight.

mauman fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 8, 2019

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

mauman posted:

I don't know where my psp is right now, or I'd check myself....but I could have sworn that Ozma chews the everlasting gently caress out of Martym here or the next fight.

I know she has interactions with him in the next chapter of the CODA. I will boot up this battle tonight to see if she does anything.

Edit: Hot drat, Ozma does have lines that dont appear in the gameFAQ script. Good stuff Mauman. I'll work on getting them added to the update or just put them on the next one.

Edit 2: Either I am looking at the wrong script, or there are entire dialogue trees that never happened in our initial fight. Looks like the last update is going to need some fixing. Everyone thank Mauman for keeping me honest.

waah fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 10, 2019

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Unlike other Coda "time travel" events, this one could...theoretically have happened, not counting character interactions like Ozma. MC could have diverted to Rime when it was attacked instead of talking to the Dark Knights again. Slimmest of chances, but possible. Which is probably why it's the only time travel event that is "canon."

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
How is it that our characters are time traveling? Is there some power they gained, or is it the power of CODA and rewarding the player for making it here? --I am really enjoying all this, but I confess I am more than a little lost on the plot at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kacie posted:

How is it that our characters are time traveling? Is there some power they gained, or is it the power of CODA and rewarding the player for making it here? --I am really enjoying all this, but I confess I am more than a little lost on the plot at this point.

He's always had the power of time travel, it's just that he gets an extra title at the end if his player doesn't use it.

(The CHARIOT system.)