Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

Hyperlynx posted:

Ah, this is a solved problem. What you need to do is add an extra engine so that you've got the power to haul that extra fuel.

Then when you get down to a normal level of fuel, that extra engine is just weighing you down, so you can just jettison it. It'll safely burn up in the atmosphere, or land in the sea, or on a vast empty plain, or in a village on the house of someone nobody important cares about.

You have invented delta-v

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Zoolander was bad but also owned and that's weird right

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's incredibly stupid but there's something wrong with you if you don't like it.

See also: Peewee Herman, Bill and Ted

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Milo and POTUS posted:

You want to know what’s weird, is sitting down to watch Zoolander for a nice good time because you remember it as a fun movie with no surprises, then suddenly being reminded that there’s a Trump cameo in the opening scenes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It's incredibly stupid but there's something wrong with you if you don't like it.

Point Break

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hate Ben Stiller enough that I've never seen Zoolander. I think the only movie of his that I really enjoyed was Royal Tenenbaums and that was really in spite of him not because of him

Is it good in spite of him?

I feel the same way about Judge Dredd in spite of Rob Schneider

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sagebrush posted:

Point Break

Basically anything starring Keanu Reeves, in fact

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Just in case you're not familiar with Uchouten Kazoku, that is exactly what is happening in the image.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Bloop posted:

I hate Ben Stiller enough that I've never seen Zoolander. I think the only movie of his that I really enjoyed was Royal Tenenbaums and that was really in spite of him not because of him

IDK how you can hate Ben Stiller. He's just... normal.

But yes, Zoolander owns. Even if you don't like the dumb guy premise there's like 40 other people in the movie all knocking it out of the park around him.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtoVcv9HPh8

Sound

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jestery posted:

You have invented delta-v

That's the solved problem I was talking about, yes :jeb:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Deuce Bigalow 1 and The Hot Chick are two of my mom’s favorite movies and hell, she ain’t exactly wrong. Great “shut your brain off and laugh at the dumb poo poo” entertainment.

Shame about Rob Schneider turning into a complete loving chud tho.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Dewgy posted:

Deuce Bigalow 1 and The Hot Chick are two of my mom’s favorite movies and hell, she ain’t exactly wrong. Great “shut your brain off and laugh at the dumb poo poo” entertainment.

Shame about Rob Schneider turning into a complete loving chud tho.

Rob Schneider was never funny and coasted on the coat tails of equally unfunny Adam Sandler.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Crow posted:

Rob Schneider was never funny and coasted on the coat tails of equally unfunny Adam Sandler.

Sandler is so much better when he's actually acting in a dramatic role. Like, I wouldn't recommend Uncut Gems if you have any sort of anxiety issues, but he puts in a really solid turn there.

My favourite "not popular but great fun" movie has to be MacGruber.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Good boy taste buds :3:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Memento posted:

Sandler is so much better when he's actually acting in a dramatic role. Like, I wouldn't recommend Uncut Gems if you have any sort of anxiety issues, but he puts in a really solid turn there.

gently caress that. Happy Gilmore is always funny.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Malaise-era Sandler where everything is filmed on Hawaii because he wanted to go to there.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
To be fair, if someone said "here's (x) million dollars to go do some minimal effort work in Hawaii with all your mates, and no one will have the power to tell you off for coming to work late or hungover or just not showing up at all" to me, there's no way I'm turning them down.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

bike tory posted:

just responding to what works on YouTube

I can recommend this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clickbait-remover-for-you/omoinegiohhgbikclijaniebjpkeopip it replaces the thumbnail of all youtube videos with a screenshot from the actual video

Also this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/blocktube/bbeaicapbccfllodepmimpkgecanonai
It removes youtube videos with a specific word in the title/channel name. I've used it to wipe Mr.Beast out of existence on my computer. I've never watched his videos but I got annoyed by the stupid faces he made in every video that kept popping up on the front page/recommended. So with this plugin you can just unperson someone 1984-style.

This is what I see when I search for "mrbeast"(thumbnail plugin not installed):

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Zoolander talk,
I hated the movie the first time i saw it.

I was the idiot.

I saw it a 2nd time and it was pretty funny

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

This doesn't work on me because I exclusively shitpost via the awful app for android and I do not own a monitor.

:smug:
Turn off your front camera

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Memento posted:

I will go to bat for Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, and The Waterboy as funny Sandler movies, but yeah, anything "comedic" since Waterboy has been incredibly dire.

MacGruber is a hidden gem. The scene where he fucks his ghost wife while squealing pathetically was so unexpected, my wife and I were in tears.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E ^^^ yeah, I revisited a few years ago and Billy Maddison holds up with a bit of cringe. I couldn't even get through the other two. YMMV but if you loved a Sandler title when you were 13 just enjoy your ignorance.

You also don't really get big budget big name draw comedy anymore. It's action comedy or family comedy or some remake of an actually good comedy or a Marvel movie with Paul Rudd in it.

Might just be my old man glasses but zoolander harks back to a time when Hollywood gave a poo poo about making movie that were just meant to be funny and weird. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good comedy out there, just doesn't seem to be a wide enough net to stand on its own without dudes in costumes punching each other.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I really do miss the days of Zucker Bros./Mel Brooks movies, and wonder whether it's that the audience's tastes have changed or nobody can even do that style of comedy anymore.

e: kinda feel like BASEketball might have been the last one of those, unless I'm forgetting something obvious

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 13:43 on May 13, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Comedy changes over time . You can’t expect things to stay fresh forever. There are some examples of “timeless” comedy but that isn’t Adam Sandler

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Data Graham posted:

I really do miss the days of Zucker Bros./Mel Brooks movies, and wonder whether it's that the audience's tastes have changed or nobody can even do that style of comedy anymore.

e: kinda feel like BASEketball might have been the last one of those, unless I'm forgetting something obvious

Imagine a satire about the modern political landscape with the tone of an Airplane! or a Blazing Saddles. That sounds vomit inducing.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
I remember loving The Pest as a kid then trying to rewatch it in my 20’s and deciding to never, ever do that again. Holy gently caress does that not hold up in any capacity.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

euphronius posted:

Comedy changes over time . You can’t expect things to stay fresh forever. There are some examples of “timeless” comedy but that isn’t Adam Sandler

This is classic comedy

quote:

Alexamenos worships [his] god

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

euphronius posted:

https://youtu.be/B-Wd-Q3F8KM

This will be eternal

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

One More Fat Nerd posted:

MacGruber is a hidden gem. The scene where he fucks his ghost wife while squealing pathetically was so unexpected, my wife and I were in tears.

Everyone watch macgruber

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

watch Zoolander again and see who the blonde roommate is

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

rap music posted:

Everyone watch macgruber

I watched it a couple months back for the first time in 11 years and man I was dumb in 2010 when I said it wasn't that good. Or 13+ months of staying home has really lowered my expectations for what constitutes a good time. Either way, I'll take it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

LifeSunDeath posted:

This is classic comedy

Fun fact: this is the earliest known visual depiction of Jesus Christ

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ever think about how weird it is that they had a whole movie dedicated to making GBS threads on male models? I’d never thought they were enough of a cultural force to do so. Zoolander is fun though.

Since this derail started with pictures of idiots putting gasoline in plastic bags, I gotta remind everyone that the US Product Safety Commission is a pro Twitter follow.
https://mobile.twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1392200478294003719

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 14:21 on May 13, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

rap music posted:

Everyone watch macgruber

I'm rewatching it now, yes it'd good...it's not hotshots good but it's good.

also lol I forgot Val Kilmer was in this.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 14:30 on May 13, 2021

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qp9miti8Ps1ymhfzx.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm rewatching it now, yes it'd good...it's not hotshots good but it's good.

also lol I forgot Val Kilmer was in this.

Has he done the distraction yet