Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

~* this house is a on planet *~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

KoRMaK posted:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:hmmyes:

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven

gently caress yeah this is me

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I posted this on my Facebook timeline and one person commented they assumed the creator of the meme was a centrist Normie Chad because he talks poo poo about everyone else. I assumed the creator was some kind of leftist and just poking fun at everyone.

I'm a sad and ugly DSAer, btw.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Hellblazer187 posted:

I posted this on my Facebook timeline and one person commented they assumed the creator of the meme was a centrist Normie Chad because he talks poo poo about everyone else. I assumed the creator was some kind of leftist and just poking fun at everyone.

I'm a sad and ugly DSAer, btw.

This is definitely made by someone on the left and I'd put money on them being in the fully green portion too.

Hi fellow sad & ugly :cheers:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 23:23 on May 20, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i really love the joe rogan in that

(i am another sad DSA-er)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9BbCSDlfcw

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

KoRMaK posted:

This on in the house planet galaxy is a of loving bullshit this prison sucks camel dicks.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

https://youtu.be/6WHSVOVLmNY

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

This on in the house planet galaxy is a of loving bullshit this prison sucks camel dicks.
loving prison BULLSHIT

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There is sound my dudes
https://i.imgur.com/Mmb2vBx.mp4

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Tom Bombadil meme is :discourse:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I mean eagles can fly pretty good

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
lmao

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Erebus posted:

I mean eagles can fly pretty good

Are they North African eagles?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All of these are art

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There was more art

My god the tom bombadil and pillow one are incredible

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
legit lol at the pillow one and tom bombadil

shamefully I thought the latter was gandalf for a few seconds until I looked again

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The eagles and Mordor had a treaty that covered violations of air space, duh.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

PainterofCrap posted:

Are they North African eagles?

You can’t just ask that

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
More Middle Earth memes

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
New Groverhaus evolution

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Groverhaus has evolved into Maison de Grover!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This is art my dudes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LotR memes are always so loving good.

Man I'm lucky no one's making poo poo about the Simarillion and that they got made into movies to begin with. I'm sure I tried at least a dozen times from Middle to High School to read them but there's like 40 pages of just the scenery and I just couldn't do it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Bet you the Silmarillion becomes a prestige TV series

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Bet you the Silmarillion becomes a prestige TV series

Amazon is working on a LoTR television series that supposed to be the most expensive television show ever produced. So yeah.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Who What Now posted:

It might be funny if it was done by people good at physical comedy and not suburban dipshits

Every now and then I get the idea for a real good setup to deliver a slapstick response to something I expect Mrs. WITCHCRAFT to say. usually it is an exceptionally bad pun or play on words. I try to remember them, because it can be months or years until you get the perfect time to deliver the joke.

Slapping your significant other because it's a meme on TikTok is not inherently funny.

COMEDY IS AN ART. THERE ARE PRINCIPLES. DO YOU THINK CLOWNS AND MIMES DO EVERYTHING "OFF THE CUFF?" NO, THEY PLAN. TIMING AND SITUATION ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS!!!

you don't have to be "good at physical comedy" you have to wait and nurture that joke until the exact time and place where it becomes rottenly ripe, like a dessert too sweet to be eaten

oh uh yeah, I'll have the 2 for $5 spicy chicken sandwich and a small vanilla frosty

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Every now and then I get the idea for a real good setup to deliver a slapstick response to something I expect Mrs. WITCHCRAFT to say. usually it is an exceptionally bad pun or play on words. I try to remember them, because it can be months or years until you get the perfect time to deliver the joke.

Slapping your significant other because it's a meme on TikTok is not inherently funny.

COMEDY IS AN ART. THERE ARE PRINCIPLES. DO YOU THINK CLOWNS AND MIMES DO EVERYTHING "OFF THE CUFF?" NO, THEY PLAN. TIMING AND SITUATION ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS!!!

you don't have to be "good at physical comedy" you have to wait and nurture that joke until the exact time and place where it becomes rottenly ripe, like a dessert too sweet to be eaten

oh uh yeah, I'll have the 2 for $5 spicy chicken sandwich and a small vanilla frosty

Okay Tartuffe the spry insult comic dog

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Amazon is working on a LoTR television series that supposed to be the most expensive television show ever produced. So yeah.

Isn't the Tolkein estate super protective of the Silmarillion? Or was that just with New Line Cinema and the shifty deal the got? I know they literally weren't even allowed to say the names of the other two Wizards in the Hobbit because their names aren't mention in the Hobbit or its indexes.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Could someone explain the pillows one? I’ve seen the movies, but don’t really get what’s funny about that at all.

And tbh I’ve always sort of wondered why they didn’t just fly the eagles there. Like, I know it’s a meme and would mean no story at all but still.. it’s a valid point.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Isn't the Tolkein estate super protective of the Silmarillion? Or was that just with New Line Cinema and the shifty deal the got? I know they literally weren't even allowed to say the names of the other two Wizards in the Hobbit because their names aren't mention in the Hobbit or its indexes.

Or in any other material published in his lifetime, he never really even decided on their names

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Could someone explain the pillows one? I’ve seen the movies, but don’t really get what’s funny about that at all.

And tbh I’ve always sort of wondered why they didn’t just fly the eagles there. Like, I know it’s a meme and would mean no story at all but still.. it’s a valid point.

Well to answer your first question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCoBTitxFD8&t=90s

As for the second

Those things still existed and also they're not invisible which wouldn't keep them from being seen

Those are the basic problems with it that I'm aware of, I'm sure there're tons more reasons that people more familiar with the books and all the details missing from the movies can point out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MizPiz posted:

New Groverhaus evolution

Did the do the walls with like, roll on roofing and paint it beige?

Surely you would not take the picture at the perfect angle and time of day to show the wall joists through whatever you faced it with? It's like your house is starving.