Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Worcesteshire sauce has the exact right amount of anchovies for a savoury food (<1%)

snipe tax:

https://i.imgur.com/QXM4SMT.mp4

Memento has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Jul 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Y'all need to watch the bon appetit episode Andy Makes Pantry Pasta

Once you learn that an anchovy melted in garlic and oil/butter is the king of pasta sauces your life will be changed forever.

Also, the anchovies in a jar are 5 million times better than that $2 canned poo poo, so treat yourself sometime.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Once you learn that an anchovy melted in garlic and oil/butter is the king of pasta sauces your life will be changed forever.

Also, the anchovies in a jar are 5 million times better than that $2 canned poo poo, so treat yourself sometime.

I tweak the Marcella Hazan red sauce recipe with a load of garlic at the beginning and a few anchovies added around 45 minutes in. (If I’m cooking for a vegetarian, I switch to umeboshi for a similar effect)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah I always add anchovy paste to my red sauces, I should try freshly smashed ones sometime

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

time to gently caress my taste buds up with this (unironically)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My paisans on this page.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You remember how you used to eat cut up hot dogs as a kid? What you should try is puree the hot dogs, mix them with tomato sauce, then ladle that on your pasta. You won't regret it!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Yeah I always add anchovy paste to my red sauces, I should try freshly smashed ones sometime

Make puttanesca sauce, my dude.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Fister Roboto posted:

Not everyone has a mother who can teach them

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fister Roboto posted:

Why does this sound like an insult?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Or don't cause Conde Nast is doing Conde Nast things like not paying their minorities on youtube and "suspending" anyone that speaks out about it

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

canyoneer posted:

Not everyone has a mother who can teach them

:v:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Memento posted:

Why does this sound like an insult?

Because it's literally the whore sauce

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Splendid posted:

Because it's literally the whore sauce

I knew from Cyprus Hill that "puto" was an offensive term, so I sort of extrapolated from there. Thanks for clearing it up!

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Christ, I remember making that like 15 years ago :gonk:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Add a little few drops of fish sauce to your marinara, and the ribs of a Parmesan wedge if you have it. It’s a really good bump of umami and you’ll never not do it again.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
just take the lid off your msg shaker and pour a bunch in there

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Memento posted:

Schifrin is still alive :ssh:
:thejoke:

Data Graham posted:

except "iambic pentameter"
If I had to do the same again...
I'd buy my friends...

Nintendo...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I honestly thought you were talking about the composer of the Mission Impossible theme, as opposed to the composer of the theme to the movie The Mission.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tuna pizza owns, my dad has been making them since I was a kid and its my favorite pizza :buddy: but my love for it has literally made someone fight me while drunk :smith:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Occasionally when making a blue cheese dip I'll gently caress up an anchovy in a pestle and mortar along with some salt and garlic. Stir that in. I don't give a gently caress.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heath posted:

Formally petitioning the thread for Yakuza memes, preferably from 0, as my friend is playing it for the first time

https://twitter.com/knmnku/status/1249970319839752192

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP4hro981ns

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Pizza is a wonderful food in the way it effortlessly integrates any and all regional trashy culinary tastes. Swedes put chicken and Bearnaise sauce on theirs because they like it seriously unhealthy but a bit fancy, Finns do döner meat and smetana because they do not care about the fancy and are clamoring to die of a coronary before 50. Danes do those weird sausages, eww.

I wonder if Russians eat theirs with smoked fish and salty pickles?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

barbecue at the folks posted:

Pizza is a wonderful food in the way it effortlessly integrates any and all regional trashy culinary tastes. Swedes put chicken and Bearnaise sauce on theirs because they like it seriously unhealthy but a bit fancy, Finns do döner meat and smetana because they do not care about the fancy and are clamoring to die of a coronary before 50. Danes do those weird sausages, eww.

I've seen Russian country style pizzas with potatoes, salo, and pickles. But they are a novelty, and not very popular. I've never seen Russian pizza with smetana, so I'm surprised it's a thing in Finland.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What is a pizza but a larger sandwich?

Put whatever on it man

there are no laws!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

My favorite trashy pizza place does a doner kebab pizza with fries that is just

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Are the chips on the pizza or just with it?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Finns ... are clamoring to die of a coronary before 50

Find a people whose place to live is pure misery the vast majority of the time and you'll find a people who are actively trying to get out of there in the way that takes the least effort. Döner meat and smetana on a pizza, poutine, Tooheys beer, they're all just easier ways to head off faster.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I keep thinking (and I've said before) that using fries or potato chips as a condiment/topping seems ludicrous to me, but I can't think of a single logical reason why that is

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Your mind is not strong enough

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Are the chips on the pizza or just with it?

Behold this sinful thing

e: Just so it's clear: I'm not saying this is S tier pizza. But it's God tier drunk food.

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 12:33 on Jul 7, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Memento posted:

Find a people whose place to live is pure misery the vast majority of the time and you'll find a people who are actively trying to get out of there in the way that takes the least effort. Döner meat and smetana on a pizza, poutine, Tooheys beer, they're all just easier ways to head off faster.

You could say they're eager to Finnish

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nastyman posted:

Behold this sinful thing

I would murder that entire thing with three or four cheap-rear end German beers to wash it down and I'm not ashamed to admit it

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You could say they're eager to Finnish

:golfclap:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

This has always confused me -- a lot of Guiliano Hazan's sauces call for "melting" the anchovies in oil as a first step, and I have made them many times, and I have never observed an anchovy to melt. They soften, yes, and you can break them up into smaller chunks with a wooden spoon, but at the end of the day you still have anchovy chunks in the sauce.

Now, the result is still delicious, and the sauce does get nicely infused with the anchovy flavour, but he makes it sound like the anchovies are meant to dissolve completely into the sauce. Do we just get crap anchovies here or something?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fartbox posted:

Put whatever on it man

there are no laws!

Careful now, by mentioning "pizza" and "sandwich" in the same sentence you are heading towards Pizzaburger territory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rMXGv0AxN8

Such a versatile chef, that Dr. Oetker.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
People who eat caesar salads but think anchovies are gross are also what is wrong with this world.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Fartbox posted:

Put whatever on it man

there are no laws!

Pizza is an open face calzone, and a calzone in a sandwich.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What is the triple point of an anchovy?

I wish to know how to make one sublimate directly to gaseous state

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I'm baffled by goons not knowing about pizza al tonno, is that really not a thing outside of Italy & vicinity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/VenomDeathNinja/status/1027436230030454784