Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dental plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress!
It got me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KoRMaK posted:

Amy Schumer's latest stand up wasnt that good, the leather special. And her latest movie snatched looks kind of bad and also shits on south america

Her show is great though

I don't really have a dog in this fight but she (or other writers for her show) did steal a ton of sketches from other shows.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MrCussMustard posted:

[quote="Inzombiac" post="472844112"]
I don't really have a dog in this fight but she (or other writers for her show) did steal a ton of sketches from other shows.
[/quote

How does US copyright law apply to jokes? Is she merely guilty of bad form or actual crime? I understand that I have no stake in this, that my livelihood does not depend upon these jokes, but how do we objectively determine whether someone is wrong or not for repeating or re-imagining what amounts to an amusing story? How do we make this mesh with the knowledge that multiple people sometimes originate nearly identical thoughts at nearly the same time? Or the idea that most stories are about other stories rather than reality? When and where did she cross that line and become a pariah?

I don't think there is a legal standing here but she has definitely violated a lot of the comedy culture (ugh, what). At least enough where other comics have called her out on it and it would damage their careers if they were wrong.

She used to open for a lot of comics that got famous before her. She'd turn around with some of their material and change the delivery a bit and call it her own.

There are some people that hate her because she's a woman, some people hate her as they hate any comic they don't find funny.

Edit: Dane Cook once (possibly accidentally) stole a joke from Louis CK and it cause a pretty huge uproar; especially since Louis wasn't being a dick about it. So, I suppose, it stings to see someone become so famous when they've poo poo on people to the top.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Vice your hams?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There's a sequel to the best meme:

Burn the WASP nest.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RIP Chubby Checker

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RagnarokAngel posted:

He got banned during the time of Helldump iirc and probably just felt he was so disliked here there was no reason to come back.

In retrospect he was a weird kid but they were dunking on him way too hard, which was kind of order of the day for Helldump toward the end.

A page or two back but SA/Helldump were the bad guys in this one.
Some goons got really creepy on his sister, Neil came to her defense and Helldump cratered him.
He didn't disengage soon enough and got drug down with them. loving sucks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The only good webcomic is Whomp!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Chard posted:

If you don't like brussels sprouts you either have idiot tongue or idiot cooking. there are no bad cruciferous vegetables

HARD AGREE.

Chard agree

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

aaaaaaAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I'm having really strong LSD flashbacks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Screw this thread for making my brain read CLOWN PUSSY so many times.

I hate the term CLOWN PUSSY.

CLOWN PUSSY is gross and people should stop talking about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Can't be, they're missing a mother.

Jesus gently caress

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

trapped mouse posted:

which one and why?

Donkey Kong or was it Pac Man?

Either way that douchebag was caught faking his scores that stayed in the books for WAY too long.

Edit: slow on the trigger today

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hoooooooooly poo poo I love this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"You lord a good coal"
gently caress me, my ribs hurt.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you play Monopoly by the rules (specifically adhering to the automatic auctions part) the game takes an hour or less.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

*chef kiss*

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RyokoTK posted:

It's from this. (Or, well, the audio, the animation came later.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_aJgcVv62Y

...is that Dan Harmon as the GM and Rob Schrab as the guy in the kitchen?
It sounds 60% like them BUT that was recorded 15 years ago or more.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KoRMaK posted:

It definitely is you can hear the excited mouth breathing in Harmon. It's been pitch shifted or something

Schrab in the fridge lookin for Cheeeeoppps!!

Eating someone else's food?
Typical move of a cheapy peepy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

El Laucha posted:

Another great thread was when one goon noticed that his neighbor was stealing cable from him, and after several tries of making him stop he decided to build a device (don’t remember the name, but for some reason I think it had sega in it, like segakiller?). Anyway, it was supposed to send an electric spike through the cable and fry his tv, but it malfunctioned and he ended up burning the neighbors house. Firemen never found out the cause of the fire.

Can’t seem to remember the name/find thread.

That has to be bullshit.
A fire origin at electrical outlets is the first thing they look for. That is unless the thing burned down to the foundation before the fire crew could arrive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wait, who died now?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is that Justin McElroy?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is this photoshop? Does he have some sort of ligament disorder? Actual reptilian?

There is a movie from 1996 called The Arrival.
You should watch it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

At least one of the DLCs gave you the option of using them.

But still. Wtf Bethesda

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I do not understand these Lebron pictures.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love you

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You know, I've watched the Half A Press video four times. I get what he's saying but my brain refuses to acknowledge it exists in reality.

Like a Dali painting. Yes the man is also a ship but but but

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dolly Parton is so incredibly blessed. I don't have a joke. I just needed to say that she's an incredible person and we're lucky to have her.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Obvious Plant is like a less funny Liartown, USA.

Still good, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's pretty cool. Like every boat captain and fisherman is like "yeah, don't go there, everyone that does gets butchered" and this missionary dipshit is all Leroy Jenkins.

It's so well known that the dudes who took him there are being charged with his murder.

loving good.
All missionaries deserve whatever nasty poo poo happens to them.

There's no joke here. Missionary work is extremely arrogant and destructive. I don't care if you help dig a well, you're disrupting a whole culture just to score some god points.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

theflyingorc posted:

This "math" is very stupid

Yeah who the gently caress is paying $200 for any normal game?
Are you a whale that can't stop buying loot boxes?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I will never try to stop a dump of wholesome pictures so long as it's not repetitive.

The world mostly sucks. We need more wholesomeness.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yes, actually.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, us millennials never did that.

Please ignore all of my scars from idiotic skateboarding stunts. Those are from my... uh, safe space.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mind the walrus posted:

Tbf I hate Cavendish flavor, but given the health benefits of bananas I'd really be happy to try others.

Convenience > literally anything else.

We, the people used to supermarkets, are going to need to get used to largely buying only seasonal baggies and fruits. There's no reason you have to have oranges in the dead of winter.

Keep everything rotating and appropriate for the season. gently caress frozen storage.

But you shouldn't listen to me because I know nothing about agriculture, food science or nutrition writ large.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean from an environmental perspective we should eat far less stuff that's shipped from far away. Supply chains are a big problem.

Yeah, that's actually my point. I was just being a dink.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You ever just sit and wonder how Avatar is drat-near a perfect show? I've seen though it many times and I'm delighted the whole way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LifeSunDeath posted:

just looked up the fight sequence, lol fist reload, still has hard time fighting a man who's a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter, and you've got another guy helping you. so sick of movie fight sequences.

The fist reload thing was a meme because someone edited it to have fun sounds but he's obviously doing it to adjust his sleeves in a cool and stupid way.

Fallout rules and I'll hear nothing bad about it.