Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Vitamin Me posted:

I'm sorry but all the clips I checked were terrible, with Megaherz looking like a bunch of juggalos

This is barely related but I won't pass up an opportunity to post some wigger slam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkp48SZ0Gf4

look at that drummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
i'm gonna need more of these 40K memes thanks

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Kheldarn posted:

Titled "I went to a sketchy restaurant for dinner, this is what I found in the bathroom"
https://i.imgur.com/yVesnt0.mp4

Apparently this is at Otto's Dönerhaus in Toronto.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
has anyone made this joke yet, in the history of time and this thread

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
xpost from the dune thread

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
All this Untitled Goose Game nonsense has suddenly reminded me of this old chestnut.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

foobardog posted:

I'm imagining the whitest frat bro boy going around saying "wu tang dan ain't nothing to gently caress with" and am both horrified and amused.

Realistically, this has probably happened at least a couple of times with guys who think they're clever enough to rhyme 'Clan' with 'Dan'.

*sigh* "Oh yeah, that's 'Wu-Tang' Dan. We tried to tell him, but he just wouldn't listen."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

alexandriao posted:

im imagining an alternate reality where the fappy sound is replaced with an air can honk soind

if i ever meet a really weird genie (or a normal one and i have a wish to burn i guess) i'm gonna wish that when i nut it sounds like the wastegate in a turbocharged car engine.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Schurik posted:

Man Four Lions owns

"Waj, if they're rabbits, where are their ears?"
"That's what I'm SAYIN', bro!!!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

bike tory posted:

The weather in Auckland on Sunday last week gave me serious Dune vibes:

(caused by high altitude smoke blowing over from the fires in Aus)

are you sure it's not just directed by Steven Soderbergh?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I know the derail is long over but I don't care. My favourite thing about Reeves is that while you might think his extreme proficiency with firearms is a relatively new thing for the John Wick films, I'm pretty sure he's been training with them for just about as long as he's lived in Hollywood. Go watch the intro to Point Break; he had virtually no flinch while shooting, and that was 1991. Eliminating a flinch takes a lot of consistent training. I think he wanted to be an action star and knew that believable gun-handling was an important part of that. I find it pretty fun to observe actors and see who has or doesn't flinch while shooting.

Similarly, for someone who's trained in martial arts for decades he has a decidedly... unimpressive physique. I mean he doesn't look out of shape for his age but in the few shots of him shirtless in the John Wick movies he doesn't look like the ideal of a Hollywood action star - by that I mean it's not immediately obvious he's using gear and spending thousands a week on personal trainers. I find that really refreshing, to be honest.

Adam Driver is fine, I guess. I don't think he's a tremendously good actor; the scenes I saw from Marriage Story were like... first-year drama student-level acting. He was pretty good in Logan Lucky, though.

Anyway here's a meme.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sagebrush posted:

there is one more of these but it is so powerful it cannot be written

Being called 'chief' or 'big guy' by the guy working at the kebab shop.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

You know, if there were still giant bugs around, like, man-sized centipedes, one thing we'd never talk about is gun control. You could bring it up in conversation and people would just look at you like you're insane.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

snergle posted:

cant seem to find it but pretend i posted the kroll show spoted ox skit where he explains how europeans hate racism but are all massive racists.

Best character on the show.

"It's important that you be very critical of Israel, but also very mean to Arabs."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Lobsterboy posted:

The king will always be Christian Bale for going from American Psycho cut and chiseled to The Machinist 130 lbs and bone skinny to having to drop 15lbs because he bulked up TOO much for Batman. He wasn't that old but still in the span of a few years he went from ripped to gaunt to massive. Being able to hire personal trainers / chefs / nutritionists is incredible for these kind of bodies.
(Also reportedly his diet for The Machinist was an apple and cigarettes).

All of that, and also steroids.

Literally any time you hear about an actor bulking up lean for a role there's gear involved, guaranteed. The dead giveaways are how they talk about having only one (or zero) rest day a week, and the timeframe (usually less than a year) just doesn't add up. There are also some physical cues (some people still disagree on this though, genetics is a factor) like giant, full-looking shoulders and traps, since those muscle groups have loads of androgen receptors in them and respond more readily to the treatment.

This isn't to discount the very hard work they're doing at all. Gear isn't really 'cheat codes' (HGH kind of is), in fact the only people who can physically work that hard with little rest are the ones using. It's massive dedication, consistency, hard work and nutrition, but it's also steroids. And it's not just the guys in their 50s either; Kumail Nanjiani? Deffo using. Basically all of Hollywood is using in some form or another, and the charade keeps up because of the massive stigma around hormone therapy and I guess the fact that they're still technically illegal in most places.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I love that he's clearly saying "cazzo" too.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
DUNE is a lot easier to read if you reference the appendix often, as euphronius mentioned. But yeah I agree, it's still a bit far from 'straightforward'.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

the plural is Duncans Idaho

:golfclap:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ziv Zulander posted:

My secret pro tip is that any time you’re singing along to music and they say the n word, you can say neighbor. It works 100% of the time, and it worked for Mr Rogers

As much as I love this, it still only works in the right company. Do not do it at karaoke (why are you doing a rap song at karaoke anyway), inevitably some drunk guy will think you're actually saying the word and it will not end well.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Lemon posted:

I think I read something somewhere about him claiming that he had his finger in the chamber or whatever (I don't know guns) or somesuch other situation whereby he was able to confirm it wasn't loaded/couldn't fire in that situation, but IDK

At least around here, part of the official curriculum for firearm safety courses is "examining the bore," that is, visually inspecting the barrel to show that there's isn't anything jammed in there. Any instructor worth a drat will probably tell you that the best way to do this is with a tiny little flashlight instead of your face, but they (IDK, may actually be required to) show you the old-fashioned way which is to place your thumb or finger in the action so it can't close and look down the business end. But as Memento pointed out already, that's clearly not the case there, given the reaction of everyone else in the room.

Ugh, gun dweebs. Here's some content:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Probably, but that didn't stop The Onion from writing a series of articles about her increasingly-hilarious new squeezes.

Taylor Swift Enters Alternate Universe To Date Body-Building George Harrison

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ever felt like the cops aren't going to help you or that they might steamroll or kill you because you're italian?

I'm Italian-Canadian and one time my Dad told me that in the '50s his uncles used to go out to public parks to play basketball in their dress pants and white tank tops, and people would call the cops on them all the time. I thought, "That's hilarious," and briefly considered getting some dress pants and going outside to play basketball.

Can we make fun of the Dutch next?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
All white British men have one of only six different faces.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Zil posted:

I mean most people are zinc deficient anyways so taking a supplement won't hurt.

Though I should point out, taking zinc will increase the volume of your ejaculate as well as other health benefits

We talkin' volume as in loudness? I've always wanted it to sound like the wastegate in a turbocharged engine.

Realtalk: I actually started taking zinc recently and it does perform as you guys have said, although it's taken a while to be beneficial to sleep. I'm not getting 'lucid dreams' yet but I did have one episode of sleep paralysis where I was being attacked by giant centipedes.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

GPTribefan posted:

RIP Puff Daddy

I plagiarized this joke in a group conversation and a friend said it was racist. I still maintain it's in incredibly poor taste but not exactly racist; my rationale is if you aren't catching a probe for it here then it's probably in the clear. Anyway, here's some memes.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Skulk Hogan posted:

This joke isn't limited to this meme thread though.

You're both right. The joke isn't limited to here, but never underestimate how terminally online you might actually be compared to some of your associates. I tried to pull one of those "no you're thinking of [thing that sounds like thing], those are [other thing that sounds like thing]" the other day with my friends and now they all think that I actually think capybaras are called carbonaras.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I had to look this one up because my Italian is still pretty rusty and what I did understand... doesn't make any sense without context. He's basically saying "this is a sea bass, it's April 1st, the president of the chambers eats sea bass ... the government must be ashamed ..." OK? Apparently he's an anti-immigration politician who was using the 'fancy' fish to illustrate that open immigration policies were somehow forcing everyday Italians to eat sardines while immigrants and politicians eat more luxurious meals.

So yeah, please keep making fun of Italians.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

zoux posted:

Can we at least all agree that recumbent bicyclists are all weridos

I've literally never seen a recumbent bicycle stopped anywhere; they're always moving. I'm convinced that this is their curse - once you get on one and start riding, you are perpetually bound to it.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

euphronius posted:

House cars

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

This reminds me of a seminar on workplace harassment that was held at a place I used to work. One of the scenarios given was something like: A coworker brings a particularly pungent seafood dish to work every day and eats it in his cubicle, making other workers uncomfortable and sometimes nauseous. Is the best course of action to address this issue either
- Politely inform the coworker that the smell of his food is causing others discomfort and suggest he eat it outside or in the break room, or
- Decorate his cubicle in a nautical theme?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
What about that weird little pry bar that came out of a sterile package, that they used to re-break my nose? Is that poo poo going in an autoclave and then into someone else's face? I just wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Phy posted:

Thalidomide is contraindicated for use with pregnant women and starship designers

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

RareAcumen posted:

I've been assuming this was Hank from Breaking Bad this whole time but Google isn't helping and I can't image search on my phone. Who is that?

Moby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDHMjO7UbMo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
creamsicle supremacy

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

flavor.flv posted:

Extremely specific regional meme

lmao

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

wizzardstaff posted:

There's way too much information to decode the meme thread. You get used to it, though. Your brain does the translating. I don't even see the code. All I see is loss, forbidden meme, "no ring". You want a drink?

"I don't want to remember nothing. Nothing. You understand? ... And I want to be rich. You know, someone important... like an influencer."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Olly-wolly pollywoggy ump bump fizz.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The documentary about him is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

teethgrinder posted:

Vibes of dorks that pass me on my bicycle at red lights and then block the lane at 29 km/h for the rest of the trip.

You forgot to add the other pic of this bike.