Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

23 is Chinatown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Oh I know this one, they answer by killing the boy since those sweet embryos don't have original sin!

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

History memes are fun and good.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Shame she missed the saving throw on her baby.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also, making Wilson Fisk a goony weeb was terrible.

Uh that's literally comic book canon...

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nope.

Comic book canon is that he's a trained martial artist and a total badass. Like he has kicked the poo poo out of Spider-Man and several Avengers many, many times.

In the tv show he's quite literally an autistic, Norman Bates-esque, pathetic, pudgy little nerd that really loves pretending to be asian.

Massive difference. Comics Fisk is a threat. Netflix Fisk is a loving redditor.

Uh huh, sure.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Huey wears red, that's Louie in green.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Data Graham posted:

FWIW it did put me in mind of one of my favorite pieces of Tolkien trivia

https://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=27890

Tolkien's mom's argument never held water for me because you can have a Great Dragon be a breed of dragon the same way there are Great Danes. Said Great Dragon could be green versus another color that Great Dragons come in. That said yes there are rules for adjectives but she was incorrect.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Serak posted:

nope, still holds. if you're talking about a 'Great Dragon' or 'Great Dane', 'Great' is part of the noun, not an adjective, and is therefore an exception to the rule.

A large dog, green in colour is a 'green Great Dane'
A Danish person, large in stature, green in colour' is a 'great green Dane'

I understand that hence why I used proper capitalization on a proper noun, and was making a joke arguing with a dead woman on a comedy forum.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Microwave's mom is a cougar has been a thing for what, fifteen years? By now she's like that cat in your high school guidance counselor's "hang in there" poster: Dead.

drat I'm always learning about celeberity deaths in the meme thread. Corona took a real one.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Why wouldn’t it be The opposite. C clears the current thing and CE clears everything?

Because the E in CE isn't everything. It stands for Entry. C clears all saved calculations and entered information. CE clears the entered information but saves the previous calculation so you can still use the ANS button to use the sum from the last calculation.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Amphigory posted:

Same, but I've no idea what that picture is referencing...

That woman was blasted by a fire extinguisher after she tried to stab a looter at target. Specifically, trying to stab a black woman after not attacking a white looter.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

There was a movie with this exact theme, it was garbage...not purge itself but dude trapped in office and everyone trying to eliminate each other.

Do you mean The Belko Experiment?

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

yes that was it

Yeah it's basically the Purge meets Battle Royale in an office building. I liked it okay but it was kind of halfbaked.

For fun I googled Belko memes, there's not a lot and they all suck.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Reductress has better headlines

My old boss sold some photos for stock use and the Reductress uses her headshot a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Niemat posted:

CUZ IF THERE ARE I WANNA DO THEM

THE FUNYUNS ARE STUCK IN THE MACHINE!