Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
There are apples that have been flavored with grape juice, called Grapples.

I always thought they should flavor some grapes with apple juice and call them Apes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bath Tubs posted:

Roses are red
Groot is small
Why his head so god drat tall

Roses are red
Groot's not dead
He neckhole too small for he gotdamn head

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coincidentally, the original loss also resulted from a fool's mate

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I was watching The Good Place recently and Ted Danson's line about humans loving to take something that's really good, and then make it suck a little so you can have more of it, that's gonna stick with me a long time

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PittTheElder posted:

That's when you let them, so they can discover that in fact nobody will pay for blood, because it turns out literal blood rain saturates the blood market quite quickly.

Also the regular market, the inn, the horse stables, the guard post...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Did you watch lords of the rings with neither sound nor subtitles?

No, no, I see it: Balin, Dwalin, Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Fili, Kili, Chifur, Chofur, Chonkur, and Thorin Oakenshield

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Much like your posting

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The shibboleth of our era: "haha no that's My Pet Monster"

congratulations, you too are past your useful years, and shall be put to the sword

Phy has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Nov 27, 2018

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trabant posted:

I think Steamed Hams in particular has been around longer, but it's just the way 2018 is. Terrible and so incredibly stupid, to the point it warped time around itself. As someone pointed out, we actually had the Olympics only a few months ago.

Yeah but they were a winter Olympics, so nobody cares, and the Canadians didn't win hockey or curling so not even we cared

(my apologies to all our Team Canada medalists in events I didn't watch)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Everett True is a treasure

(I think the original said "now let me explain the hawley-smoot tariff act" or some slightly less anachronistic poo poo)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Where the hell is mayo?

Easy there Nietzsche, the people aren't ready for your 3D morality cube

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Today I learned that Albert Brooks was Bob "Super Dave" Einstein's brother, and also that "Brooks" was a stage name, for what should be obvious reasons

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hellblazer187 posted:

Another self made meme of extremely limited applicability.

-

Phy has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Nov 18, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hanlon's razor

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CaptainViolence posted:

:lol: wtf drink is this? i don't think i've ever heard of any mint-flavoured soft drinks, just poo poo like peppermint schnapps and even then only around the winter holidays when there's all kinds of silly seasonal flavors and only when there's booze or coffee (or both) involved

I don't know about menthol but many root beers are flavored in part (or in most) with oil of wintergreen, which is p. fuckin' minty

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also it's a province in Canada that twice has had referendums on whether to separate from the rest of the country

For a lot of reasons, a lot of Québécois really don't care for us (and the feeling is often reciprocal)

But it's news to me that any Canadian has ever reacted to the idea of poutine with that level of disgust; mostly it's either "oh my God that sounds delicious" or at worst "this will definitely give me a heart attack"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thank you for this

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

jesus I know you guys sort of teamed up with Germany that one time but you didn't have to make a booze about it

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fingerpori's Calvin is Beavis

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please watch the shrek trilogy then watch the christmas and halloween specials.

Also watch Austin Powers 2 because shrek is just the fat bastard voice

So I Married An Axe Murderer has the superior Mike Meyers Scottish Voice gags

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, at that point he had three options. Stop, or turn around and march to the gulf, or keep marching under the sea to capture the Heart of the Ocean

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anybody gonna bring up Cart Shah? No? OK

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hihohe posted:

I like this. can we do it with more video games

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I heard the Rod Stewart version of Downtown Train on the radio about six hundred and thirty-eight times in the early 90s so hearing Tom Waits gurgle his way through the original version was a real eye opener

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beeowulf

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Who can find the most racist and revisionist US textbook!

The one in the post you quoted is Canadian. In addition, jesus fuckin' christ.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Where's the gunbuster pilot???

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

Positive note, you can recover from wrecked taste buds!

Less positive note, it takes a couple weeks of eating deeply bland food.

Positive note redux, once you go through the process you'll come out the other side able to appreciate all sorts of stuff!

Is this like the thing where if you stay in an anechoic chamber for too long your ears get so starved for input that you start to hear your own heartbeat and it can drive you mental

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Looooong laaaaoooonnnnnnnngggg caaaaaaooooooooooWwWwWwWwW

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

I'm upset that this is not the proper way to use the word "impressment."

Her breasts never got the chance to heave with impressment, she ran for the docks and signed up with the nearest man-o-war at the first sign of the fedora

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A hidden PA system plays "Enter the Gladiators"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

old Lenin statue

Van Halen's statue

Fascinating to see a Deniro/Defaro in another language

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

barbecue at the folks posted:

Memes are the international language of peace we need

And thus we finally understand how the society in "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" came to be

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It would suck if people had to learn to communicate their thoughts and feelings via words.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Good kitties drawn with the same overwhelming malice and impending terror that the artist normally instills in twirlydoos and farting sharks

e: and oily skin

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Man, imagine a farting shark with oily skin.

It'd be the smoothest motherfucker in history.

Second smoothest, I already exist.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jesus

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

This is the dumbest poo poo and I love it. Revive the YTMND Dew submeme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe