Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Please stop discussing whether or not you would do the nice insurance lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hogge Wild posted:

could you start banning people for that

I actually just redrafted the PYF rules to explicitly say "don't be a creep." I didn't want to need to add "by this I mean don't tell us who or what you'd beat off to" because I feel like it makes a bad first impression of the subforum, but I am absolutely considering it

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

the_steve posted:

Maybe 5 new rules? They're all the same: "Nobody cares who you would or would not have sex with.", but each one is in progressively larger text.

Now that's good thinkin'

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I felt as though I'd seen a "sex with a couch" meme recently, and as it would be thread and conversation topical, googled "sex with a couch" in search of it.

I don't know why I did that.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

TopHatGenius posted:

Were you really expecting something else?

I'm not especially bright, sometimes.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I opened Words with Friends to take my turn in a current game and noticed something.

What's this now?

nice.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No more of this.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SpacePig posted:

Mods are asleep. Post like you're dying.

Mod still awake, actually. Mod also thinks this meme is gross enough by itself and wishes goons would stop reposting edits that make the pedophilia and/or racism even more apparent.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

MizPiz posted:

Aka "The Repressed Slut Starter Pack"

So, I mean, I don't think this is a comment worthy of immediate probation, but I did just kinda want to drop in and observe that the reason you got a series of Chloes (and reports) in response to this is... slut is not a great word. I, personally, really hate it. It's used to demean and diminish a woman for daring to have sexual desires -- and, funnily enough, also used to destroy the reputation of women who DON'T have sexual desire for a person who thinks they deserve sex from her. It's nasty. It's sexist. And adding "repressed" in front of it somehow makes it even grosser. "Oh, this woman hasn't discovered her own sexuality and how she may enjoy being sexual, yet. Let's denigrate her."

I'd like to politely request that you try to avoid using this word to describe women in casual description or conversation. Regardless of how you, specifically, meant it this time, it's rarely presented in good faith. And it's hurtful.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hahahahah

MizPiz posted:

Fair enough, I'm just use to using it as a term of endearment for people who are more pro-sex.
Okay, I get that. And I get that you're also kind of quietly trying to advise me that "slut" is a good pro-sex term. But I am pro-sex. And I still find that term demeaning and dehumanizing. I'm glad and I'm grateful that you can use it for pro-sex females in your life. :h:

But I still do not think that "slut" is a word that many women would like wantonly applied to them. I personally spent several years called slut because I did not have sex with a person that thought he deserved sex with me, and after I told him we were just friends, I didn't want that from us, he used that term. It's so easy to destroy a woman's life with that word, regardless of actual circumstance.

I do have very pro-sex friends that sling the word slut around. I do tell them every time what I've mentioned to you tonight and they cease to use it around me.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:3:

:honk:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Post memes.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm actually going to rescind that six as I think that was a reasonable post to make, despite my attempt to close the conversation. BUT NO ONE ELSE.

Regarding what appears to have started this argument: I encourage all thread followers to not be shy in reporting pictures or memes you feel are inappropriate for this thread. You can also PM or email either of the PYF mods at any time should you prefer, or if you find the report reason field is not adequate. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:54 on Apr 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

no