Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

El Burbo posted:

That's stupid

Computer nerds also try to get us to pronounce gif it like "jif" so "making sense" is not their strong point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Mierenneuker posted:

I loved his role in Hot Fuzz.
Is this what it feels like to be triggered?

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Look at this guy who never worked in an environment where 50 people in a room had to agree what product packaging looked like. My bet is that they were drawn holding their right hands and everyone decided they needed to be facing the other way, so the art was just mirrored.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not totally sure if this is a meme or what. It does seem to make some folks uncomfortable though, I got scolded for posting it on these very forums. Sort of a tag your gore/pomegranates situation. Anyway, just to be clear, you are not in a coma. It's just a picture on the internet.
This is amazing and I love it.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Dr Christmas posted:

All you have to know is that he’s trapped and forced to watch the antics of a guy who trapped him.

I don’t recognize that episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Creamed Cormp posted:

uh I'm not too sure about posting underage anime girls there chief

With that stance, I’m thinking less “necromancer” and more “necksual assault”

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol what other forbidden memes did SA have?

//Edit: Dammit, beaten and incapable or phone posting correctly

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Är det dags att skitposta i svenska nu?

//Edit: mods söver, posta små Bart

Artemis J Brassnuts has a new favorite as of 12:53 on May 6, 2020

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
This is PYF, nothing is ever “settled”

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Oh my gosh, this. I have a friend who’s an astrophysicist and he asked me to help him out with some code once. I spent like 20 minutes refactoring variable names before I even got to - oh right; eight large frostys and a spicy chicken sandwich please

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Anime rhymes with a rhyme.
A game I tested years ago had a “Scarface” difficultly mode and as we, the testers, descended into madness attempting to prove to Sony that it could be competed, began pronouncing it like it was Italian, e.g. scar-fa-che.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

CPColin posted:

RP also uses different vowels in "can" and "can't", so we probably shouldn't use it as an example for anything. It's a made-up dialect from a made-up people. :colbert:
Speaking as a native English (US) speaker learning Swedish, the point still stands if the examples are imperfect.

The “e” in wet is like the the “ä” in tvätt; the “u” in bud is like the “ö” in röd, etc. I can’t think of an “å” example but I’m reading this thread when I should be working so there ya go.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
This is from a very good twitter account called Jim’s paint it, which can be somewhat meme-y: https://twitter.com/jimllpaintit/status/1308746623896387584?s=21

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Why do only guys have the weird fetishes? You never hear about the police raiding some woman’s computer with 40 terabytes of pictures of dude’s elbows.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Somfin posted:

Thirding this. Not quite a decade, but I started late and had to go through some actual abusive relationships which imo don't count.

Also, be comfortable being deliberately single. Like, explicitly, deliberately, happy with your own company and not looking for more than that. You'll be surprised what the universe does to foil you.

Yup, got married in my mid 30s to a great partner after being mopey about it since high school. Just focus on enjoying your freedom and making ill-advised choices before you have responsibilities to another person.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

I’m more worried about South Carolina

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Empty Sandwich posted:

but not Tennessee

SMDHO

“Grandma” just seems so formal.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Elysiume posted:

The Twisted Tea thing is blowing up because of this clip:
https://twitter.com/terencessb/status/1342002633679097858
Lol, the botched “cool guy action movie can flip” is clearly when he decided that guy was getting bonked

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Color mixing never ceases to amaze me; I had no idea you could turn red into such a nice shade of blue just by adding black

Votes

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
If you’re interested in speedruns and related things, join us in the speedrunning thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846780

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I hear they keep their minions in tiny cages and pump them full of drugs. Not going to post a video, because it's pretty graphic, but if you care about ethical consumption, you should buy your minion eggs from a local farmer.
Where do I sign up? The way things are going now, the free drugs would make it a straight upgrade

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

If you like ska and absurd video game experiences, you owe it to yourself to try out Incredible Crisis for the PSX. Or just watch a playthrough, I'm not the boss of you
And if you like that, the soundtrack was done by Tokyo Paradise Ska Orchestra and they are pretty prolific.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Public service announcement: you can just ask the owner if you can pet their dog. If it’s okay, they’ll give the dog the “you’re off duty” command and then you can do your duty to god and country by doin’ that doggo a pat.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Groda posted:

Here in Sweden there's an enormous subculture based around classic American cars and 50-60's youth culture.

Every Saturday they drive up and down Stockholm's equivalent of the main drag. Half of them are driving the 70 year old American equivalent of a 2003 Kia, that they've restored at ridiculous cost. Like the kind of thing you have pictures of your parents' families driving to Yellowstone in.

You can’t mention raggare in an American-dominated forum without at least mentioning their interest in the confederate flag: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cindy doesn't actually work there, she just shows up around 12 every day to insult people's lunches.
Are you suggesting that Cindy is some new incarnation of the Ultimate Hustler?

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I’m sorry this isn’t in image form but I knew a guy a few years back (when pirates were a meme) who tried to start using “yhh” (meaning “yar har har”) as a replacement for lol

It didn’t catch on.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Nothing in the meme thread is normal behavior

//edit: I mean “The thread should only be doing that if it’s in pain. This is thread abuse”

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Wtf how would surgery on a spoon even work?

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

i own every Bionicle posted:

It’s always bittersweet when such a sad story inspires such good music

Okay, I don’t get this one and google isn’t helping. Who did Patrick Stump kill or whatever during the album’s recording?

//Edit vv :doh: vv

Artemis J Brassnuts has a new favorite as of 08:20 on Aug 12, 2021

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Perhaps they had difficulty with the roux

No, that’s the bechamel test. You’re thinking of that band that sang “bulletproof”.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
Just lol if you really think that after millennia of having dicks and mouths around nobody thought to combine them until like 50 years ago

lmao

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
As someone who works in games, let me tell you that there’s no ethical production under capitalism either.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

A perfectly cromulent Swedish name is Bo Ek.
Also what you tell an oak tree if you want it to stay in your house.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Phosphine posted:

Also, in Sweden, "middle name" legally means "a second last name"
Not sure if this is true anymore - I moved to Sweden from the US a few years ago and they didn’t have too much trouble with my middle name or the space in my last name. Mail comes addressed properly and everything.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

That stuff keeps the pipes clean. The woman is saying don't bother keeping the pipes clean.

A pitiful attitude of someone who doesn't seek to be a well oiled and highly efficient instrument for another man's pleasure, as a bottom i am smdh
thank you for explaining the meme to me, the most sexually vanilla straight dude on the planet (none of this is sarcastic)

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

gently caress, I only just know got it :doh:
No worries, it was a bit of a stretch.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

CopperHound posted:

They made a snow piercer game!?

We FINALLY start getting past Tolkien irony posting and you have the audacity to post a game from a company with a name like THAT?

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I was promised a new queen phase, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009

Cat Hatter posted:

"Guys gals and non-binary pals"
Forgot where I heard it first but this is my favorite.

“Dude” generally is used more as an interjection than it is a gendered noun; I can say to my wife “dude, check this out” or I can say “wow, check this out” and they’re linguistically the same. I wouldn’t say “lady, check this out” because that just sounds awkward.

If you’re a hetero guy and think that “dude” is gender neutral, then I will ask you “how many dudes have you had sex with?”

Yes I know this is a Wendy’s drive-thru, the Arby’s down the street was closed.