Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Call me a square if you want, but I'm too busy supporting a hard normal daddy myself.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Oh, I thought it was that strong Mongolian blood running to their veins.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The coldness burns through my veins, I don't know his name.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I loved his role in Hot Fuzz.

Also, his Bond was the inspiration for one of the greatest segment from the Superego podcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LDpa6EgOh8

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

sandoz posted:

no joke is complete without tumblr hype men

After all, they're the ones taking the screenshots to share on the web.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Taber posted:

Well, I would walk 2,000 miles.

I rān.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dreddout posted:

I can't wait until the cockroach people that inherit our world find the remnants of these memes.

With our final message we shall try to warn them that nothing but toxic garbage and hazardous material is within. They will interpret these words of caution as a sign we are actually trying to withhold our most beloved treasures from them.

The cockroach people will be disappointed.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This is also a good read/listen if you want to know more about the former: http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/ten-thousand-years/

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Zelder posted:

More like old...uh... old... gently caress that's gross I got nothing

More like oldmungemore, amirite

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Bullshit, nobody had a CD-I.

I knew a kid who had one!

Uh, his father worked for Philips. Outside of that I saw several of them as demo-units in toy stores. But yeah, this was in the city of Eindhoven where Philips was founded.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The scene after that where he breaks the fourth wall because he has realized he's in a movie is fantastic. I loved that movie as kid, I love it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo1OjI4Yfv8&t=42s
Edit: Although the crew is clearly visible in the background when the camera moves around him. But I suppose you could argue that is intentional and befitting the scene. [/CineD]

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

You're at a loss for words?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

If you are not watching this with subtitles you are missing out.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And then some guy "restored" it and basically ruined it.

:goonsay:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Yet also, in the background: a simulator game :germany:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

Can I call him daddy?

Well, he did raise a lot of people...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

18 billion for toast without avocado spread? I think not!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

He looks so excited. "Great, I can't wait to bomb some wowombos!"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I didn't know we had multiple Sean Connerys posting in this thread.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Season 5 probably has the highest ratio of great episodes.

Yup, it had Cape Feare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZLJpMOxS4

I could highlight more scenes from that episode, but I would just end up quoting the entire thing, so here is the IMDB quotes page for it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701080/quotes

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 08:40 on Oct 5, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Is there a Simpsons equivalent to Sensible_Chuckle.gif? Because I would put that here if there was.

You could probably create one from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaXigSu72A4

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

[...] the two Key and Peels "East vs West" skits [...]

There's three, the third one features some actual people: https://alvinalexander.com/funny/key-peele-east-west-bowl-3-pro-list-of-names-2015

The last name references the Substitute Teacher sketch (another source for names):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Whybird posted:

How the hell is this such a thing now, I had assumed that Keeping Up Appearances was one of those obscure British sitcoms that nobody outside of our rainy beige fortress gave a toss about.

In the Netherlands they had reruns of it until about 5 years ago. Hell, they could still show a random episode* whenever they got 25 minutes to fill and people would love it.

*there is so much repetition in that show I'm pretty sure in half a century we will have some sort of random episode generator technology for endless viewing

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Oct 22, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Does anyone have ThiS iS NoT a PlAcE oF HoNoR handy?

Page 111.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. T ate my balls?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mods, "satans kraftidiot" plz.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

Looks like someone hasn't found the Santa Suit in Chandler's office.

Well, it is really hard to find his office without a guide since none of the NPCs will tell you where we works.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

:zenpop:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nothing worse than data loss.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

at least credit the person who wrote it

https://twitter.com/jonnysun/status/547918300148035584

(not necessarily talking to you, just the guy who drew this)

Odds are the artist did give proper credit, but that it has been stripped of its context. That happens a lot on the internet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: ehh, I should just shut up.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Jan 10, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Black Eyed Peas - Get It Started one was fantastic and then I was reminded of a classic goon thread called inappropriate soundtracks but I can't find the one Marx Bros clip that used it and I'm sad.

I still sometimes think about the curb-stomping scene from American History X with the music and sound effects from Super Mario Bros. A contrast so horrifying, you couldn't help but awkwardly laugh about it.

Or the Saving Private Ryan clip with Team Fortress 2 sounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_fHNJT0Mg8

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Moon Moon Shaming Is as magical as it sounds

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

euphronius posted:

Lmao I don't even know what that is.

You need to watch Arrival, it's a good movie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I don't get this one, how did the latter win

The balance in Civilization games can get weird, okay.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

pseudosavior posted:

Looks pretty disorienting to me.

Also my favorite Doom map.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I've just assumed anybody with a reg date after 2010 is a rereg because I cannot fathom why anybody in TYOOL 2018 would actually pay :tenbux: for a goddamn internet forum.

It took a couple years for me to register since SA didn't accept PayPal (which is a saga itself) and I didn't have a credit card (I imagine that is more common outside of NA). So I just lurked whenever part of the forums were open to the public. I had to setup some kind of virtual Mastercard to register an account and while it looked and sounded legit it somehow felt like I was buying dope with Bitcoins.

So I totally understand the people who censored themselves by saying "gently caress" instead of "gently caress" (it used to be a filter for people who were not logged in) and the people who were butthurt because they couldn't catch up to their precious Dangit Rompa thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Fartbox posted:

lol where the gently caress do you live you loving weirdo

you loving WEIRDO

The Netherlands. Seriously, the only other time I HAD to use a credit card was for a car rental insurance when abroad, and I ended up not getting it since I was mainly going to be in a big city with great public transportation. For everything else there is either my bank card, PayPal or iDeal (a payment system set up by Dutch banks). If I ever end up outside of Europe tho, I would probably need an actual credit card.

I guess it also helps that I've never been poor and forced to juggle credit cards to pay things off.

Montalvo posted:

I love that thread in the drug forum where some idiots discover a Russian benzo (and call it the juice) that is cheap and works in microgran doses. Thread is full of goons eyeballing doses of mg, obviously failing, and tripping for literally a week or more.

I seriously hope there never was a thread like that for Russia's favorite drug. "The Gang Discovers Krokodil".

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Apr 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TinTower posted:

mandatory

I originally assumed he died popping one E too many, but...

quote:

He had retired from live performing in 2016, citing health reasons. He had suffered from health problems for several years, including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.

Sounds like delayed punishment for partying too hard. I guess we can't all be like Andrew WK.