Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

This struck me just the right way for some reason. Somewhere between a sensible chuckle and full blown chortle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I wish all those people who whine about wanting to eat Tide Pods would just eat the Tide Pods.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Data Graham posted:

I’m aware, I was continuing in the theme of obscure Simpsons quotes as an Homerage to your deep cut

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Who What Now posted:

Lots of people deny that the joke is it was called Chuck's gently caress and Suck

“Feed and Seed” is a known euphemism for “suck and gently caress” so it scans just fine.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Truga posted:

Hi, I live in the area, both sides did some incredibly dumb things, but in the end italians won the dumb award, because they attacked highly fortified positions with heavy artillery support on loving mountains, lmao.

Italians were on the correct side though, and thus won the territory anyway, and half the natives got killed by fascists in the years between the wars in concentration camps or otherwise, so they definitely managed to get revenge I guess

There were some really great people, on both sides. Tremendous, even.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Clitch posted:

This is just wrong. Yeah, you're sold plenty of "super premium" vodkas that are virtually tasteless, but they're not objectively better.

The more traditionally made vodkas reflect the ingredients they're made with. The ingredients are higher quality, they're usually distilled fewer times, the distillation cuts are more narrow, and their filtration is designed not to stomp out the character of the spirit. Corn, Wheat, Rye, Potatoes, Grapes, and everything else vodka is made from bring their own characteristics to the final spirit, and a well made vodka will do a good job of presenting them.

Virtually tasteless vodkas are just distilled and filtered until nothing's left but ethanol and then cut with equally tasteless water. If you want a neutral mixer, knock yourself out but it's not objectively the best vodka.

But yeah, it's funny that Vodquila has successfully marketed tarted up mixto tequila to the rubes.

This guy knows what’s up. Glad I checked the thread before I started my own effort post.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Holy poo poo. I haven’t heard of K Thor in ages. Glad to see he’s still around.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Apparently my mother makes memes now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Calaveron posted:

Like, for what purpose? How is a plant going to defend itself against somebody wanting to step on them? It ain't escaping and it ain't fighting back. It seems like an awful evolutionary adaptation

Some plants can produce bitter/poisonous compounds under stress that may help deter being eaten. It doesn’t have the capability to tell the difference between being eaten and stepped on though, just a general sense that it’s in danger which triggers the dispersal of the warning pheromones.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

New Uncharted lookin good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

(Rustling intensifies)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

PittTheElder posted:

Anyone who gets upset at the unconventional connections should really go buy themselves a Lego Saturn V. :getin:

Outing myself as a huge nerd manbabby but the Saturn V kit is legit awesome and was fun as gently caress to build.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Slime posted:

gently caress me i actually laughed at this one

I missed that one somehow, so thanks I guess for quoting it. Good stuff.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Finally, a good meme.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Isn’t that the HQ guy?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

There is no such thing as “accidental” Goatse.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Who’s the guy who paints the originals again? I thought I had bookmarked a website but I guess not

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Thanks. That’s the guy I was looking for.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MizPiz posted:

Are there any animes where the dad is both a good dad and present?

Yes it’s in the post above you.

King of the Hill

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The best part of fake Trump tweets is that they are indistinguishable from the real ones. :sad:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Brewmaster posted:

Rand posted a few of them already, but there's a really good gallery of feel-good memes here: https://imgur.com/gallery/CCingwf

Happy Friday everyone!

:yeah:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Teaching English As A Second Benis DDD:DDDDD: with Professor Spurdo Spärde

I keep clicking but the video won’t play

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Welp. Guess I’m not sleeping tonight.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Samuringa posted:

It's actually quite old and was made by the LiarTownUSA folks who now post, like, once a year

These were also pretty good:

I’m not sure if i enjoy these or Wholesome Memes more. I guess keep them both coming; I need more examples before I commit to a decision.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mammal Sauce posted:

My America? Worse than Hitler?

It’s more likely than you think.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Picnic Princess posted:

This lovely empire can't end soon enough! Glad to see it falling. Keep at it guys, keep voting for pop culture figures to run your government. The rest of the world is counting on it. Kanye 2020

Your turn is coming. Lol if you think the Doug Ford & Co train’s stopping at Ontario. Enjoy Trudeau while it lasts.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Caufman posted:

"The Needful" died and that's been nice. It may resurface, but I'm comforted knowing it can die and stay dead for a very long time.

Clearly you don’t work with international associates. I am asked to do the needful several times a week.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

More forklift memes please. Makes me nostalgic for my old life when I had a mindless job that didn’t pay much but kept me physically fit and I could forget about it the second I walked out the door.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Captain Jesus posted:

drat, JFK buttoned up two buttons on his suit. No wonder he got shot.

It was the style at the time

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aww yiss

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is “Top Student at Chogborts” too long for a username?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Man, sure is dusty in here all of a sudden

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BillyC posted:

Lots of awesomeness

I wish every time Trump/MAGA people tweeted anything a million people would just respond with wholesome memes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

This picture makes me irrationally angry in at least 5 different ways.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Brewmaster posted:

I cut my hotdog into pieces and mix it with mac&cheese because I am a child.

CUT MY DOG INTO PIECES
MIX IT WITH MAC N CHEESE

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How is the plane taking off if it’s not moving forward through the air? When you go for a jog outside, you feel the air move around you, when you run on a treadmill, you don’t feel anything because you aren’t actually moving forward. A plane in the simplest terms doesn’t need engines or wheels to take off, it just needs functional wings and enough speed forward through enough air to create lift.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Qwezz posted:

so if I'm in a car and drive into a canyon. while falling down I climb out of the car and on top of the roof. Then at the last second the car hits the ground I jump upwards off the roof. I land safely on the ground right?

Yes, but only if you flap your arms to create lift.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Can someone tell me what the meaning of this smilie is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thanks. That’s kinda what I thought it meant, but wasn’t sure if I was missing something.