Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

I knew the first part, just didn't know Jon of all people did something about it.

But Andy Dick is supposedly a huge dick even without that, so meh.

The specific incident was a drunk Andy Dick told him "I put the Phil Hartmann hex on you, you're the next one to die".

Andy Dick really lives up to his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg_8RUb-nRk

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Just noticed the dead dogs welded to the demons and the newspaper at the end with the "ghastly internal injuries claim researcher".

Two of Captain Sixpack's teammates are Dog Welder, a dude who's superpower is welding dead dogs to criminals, and Bueno Excellente, an obese mexican rapist who sodimizes villains to death and ends up falling in love with/marrying am ambulatory set of internal organs.

Garth Ennis is a strange man...

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Trudeau punched Brazeau so hard he lost his senate seat... to a MASSIVE corruption scandal, but details, details.

The details are the best part. He actually didn't lose his Senate seat, he's currently a sitting member IIRC. He was only suspended...due to being charged with domestic and sexual assault as well as the improper expense claims but was reinstated.

While he was suspended he worked as a day manager at a strip club and got bodyslanmed through tables as part of guest referee gigs at minor professional wrestling matches.

His wikipedia page currently lists his profession as "Senator, strip club manager" :allears:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

The goofy smiling mugshot is Gordon Campbell, who when he was Premier of British Columbia (i.e. Governor), got extremely hammered on vacation and was arrested for drunk driving in Hawaii.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I can almost but not quite make out the story behind this, what happened

One of the main emulation sites caved under pressure from Nintendo and dropped hosting of all files, even the non-nintendo ones.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Canonically one of the reasons Deadpool can't die is that Death actually wants to bone him and not Thanos, so out of jealousy Thanos finds ways to resurrect him every time Deadpool dies so him and Death can't be together.

Comics are weird.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Randaconda posted:

CK2 is so great :allears:

In the latest DLC they added an easter egg setting to the random map mode that'll randomly place the occasional animal kingdom with its own culture and name lists. So it's now possible that instead of contending with the mongols, you're being invaded by a horde of hedgehogs led by a Khan named Mr.Grumbles.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yeah, anyone taking bets got hosed on that one. Spain was super-scary for so long because of their armada and the size of their empire pretty much everyone was like "lol, America, you done hosed up now" and then America just went "lol, no one likes you, guerilla warfare teaming up with the locals" and the empire lost.

We did not remember the lessons learned from the SA War when Russia did this to us in Vietnam.

I think you're confusing 1600s Spain: The giant colonial superpower, and late 1800s Spain: The civil unrest wracked economic basket case that had already lost 90% of it's empire to colonial rebellions.

The Spanish "Armada" had a whopping one battleship.They were broke and long into their decline. Everyone knew they were going to get their rear end kicked in by the US Navy, especially in a war fought mostly in the United States' backyard.

Mr Luxury Yacht has a new favorite as of 22:32 on Feb 18, 2019

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I mean, people in the past weren't drooling morons.

gently caress it, go back to 200 BC. People already know the world is round and it's approximate circumference, that magnetism is a thing even if they don't call it that (naturally occurring magnetite attracting iron), etc...

Introduce the compass for navigation 1200 years early and become famous. Easy, because it already exists in China they just don't know it can be applied to navigation yet.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Milkshakes are the new means to transport biochemical weapons, replacing the string-of-pearls configuration.

No joke back when I used to be in research, when you signed rats or mice out of animal storage you could either transport then in a covered plastic cage with some air holes or an extra large milkshake cup with the lid on. I think it was up to three mice or one rat to a cup.

I think the idea was to be inconspicuous to stop some PETA goober from trying to free Billy the genetically engineered stroked out cancer rat.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Memento posted:

Yeah I thought it was a port of Doom 64, not the original. A port of Doom 64 to a modern system would be fuckin' sweet because it's not just Doom II for the N64, it's actually a proper sequel.

Got some good news for you:

https://www.pcgamer.com/doom-64-has-been-unexpectedly-rated-for-pc/

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

I had that crab alien are you for sexes chat bookmarked on ytmnd until it finally disappeared.

You should know by now nothing is ever truly gone:

http://crabalien.ytmnd.com/

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Gando looks like he's going to enthusiastically tell me about 18th century cooking.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

All this Warhammer and no Khemri TV?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Xarbala posted:

If by which you mean dumpster WHFB and replace it with a new fantasy game line then yes

Games Workshop is apparently bringing in back in a few years with "Warhammer: The Old World". Not much shown yet than some teaser of Kislev bear cavalry though.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

IIRC it was even funnier than this in that the game chose the NPC you talked to the most as your love interest you needed to save in the final missions so because most players are loot hounds it ended up being the dumpy middle aged shopkeeper guy from the main city.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

MisterFister posted:

Hey sorry don't know where else to post this. Does anybody remember an early, early meme that was just a creepy word that people thought was a government code word or something? Or maybe satanist? People would put the word on pictures and stuff but it actually didn't mean anything. Been trying to remember this for a couple weeks now.

Zalgo?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I don't get it, shouldn't it be 110? I thought you were supposed to do multiplication first.

230-220x0.5 = 120

5! Is the notation for 5 factorial or 1x2x3x4x5=120.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Nah this one ain't random. Ray Wise was in Beach House's bizarre Wishes music video from earlier that year. Directed by Eric Warheim from Tim and Eric.

https://youtu.be/OS6duOoxctw

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Honestly I think the thing from Monty Python that has aged the absolute worst is the occasional blackface (Australian University/Bruces sketch, Atilla the Hun show, etc...).

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Wait until they find out how much data used to cost and the horrible consequences of accidentally watching a YouTube video when not on WiFi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

I hope some day we get more LasagnaCat but that is a tough act to follow there

It was nine years between the first and second sets of LasagnaCat and it's been seven since the last one so who knows maybe in a couple years?