Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

axolotl farmer posted:

That’s the hydra that you need to kill to get into the DLC. Ok idgi. :saddowns:

No that’s the other one, this is the one behind the swamp that gets up and flies around if you try to walk past it without killing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mr. Lobe posted:

Since when do hydrae fly

Okay fine it jumps over you

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Hyperlynx posted:

(While you're probably right that in this case it's that white kids "can't bring themselves to say the n word", I think the point trying to be made is "it's actually a good thing for white people to take pains to never say the n word")

My secret pro tip is that any time you’re singing along to music and they say the n word, you can say neighbor. It works 100% of the time, and it worked for Mr Rogers

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

lol if you let the corporate devil machine into your house

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

A while ago somebody posted a bunch of Barrett’s privateers memes, does anybody have them again? I went back a lot of pages looking but couldn’t find them

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Grazie

e: lousy snipe

Ziv Zulander has a new favorite as of 16:55 on Jan 26, 2021

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

RFC2324 posted:

Its an adjective, not a verb or a noun. Please don't use this phrasing.

??????

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

AFV is still around, and it’s hosted by Alfonso ribeiro right now

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

All the old folks at my work love it. AFV, jeopardy and wheel of fortune, and the game show network are like crack to them

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Lodin posted:

Ok zoomer.

Boomers are used to getting their way, which is why that insult cuts them so deep. Kids these days are used to getting poo poo on constantly. Takes a lot more to upset a zoomer than just one quip

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Shouldn’t it be the other way around, with him grabbing the bomb and leaving the check in its place?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

New extended length oblivion npc dialogue video dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW0OQNuMD9Y

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

There’s also lots more of these that are shorter, for anybody who hasn’t seen them and doesn’t want to waste ten minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMF1ZRZo7ts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjbIZgp6Rlc

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

And furthermore, why doesn’t luke just use a regular gun against the borg?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

All this place did for me is turn me into a bisexual gun owning communist

I want a shirt too :(

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Crossposting from the r/relationships thread

Late Fees posted:

AITA for telling my kids that memes are going to ruin their lives?

Throwaway because I don't really use reddit, my husband told me I should post here because he's not sure I did the right thing. I (60F) recently had a harsh conversation with my two daughters (25F) and (19F) that I think might've gone too far. Both of my kids had to move back in with myself and their father due to the pandemic. My oldest lost her job acting in New York City and my youngest's medical program at her school shut down in person classes. Despite the age difference, they've always been incredibly close. During quarantine, they have adapted some weird habits and become quite obsessed with the tiktok app. This never bothered me, they were always laughing and getting along with each other even if my husband and I could never follow along.

But during these last few weeks, they just roam about the house yelling these strange references to each other, almost having full conversations made out of complete nonsense internet jargon. Some of them are harmless like singing that ratatouille musical and doing little dances in the mirror together but sometimes they yell "Hey chad, NICE COCK!" at each other from across the house. None of this makes sense and it's becoming more frequent and incessant. I asked one of them to snap green beans for dinner this week and they both immediately yelled "A BAKED BEAN" over each other for a minute. They wiggle their voices and go "mom, I threw up" randomly, they yell "I got b*tches off the Zan!", one of them will say "YOU CAN'T MAKE A WIFE OUT OF A TRUCK" and the other honks. One will score a point on a video game and the other will say "that was mad stonks". None of it makes sense! They do this kind of thing so frequently and in such perfect synchronism that they can talk like this for hours and make no sense but be totally content. There are so many more weird things they yell and I'm worried they are lessening their actual social skills and are becoming completely looney in quarantine.

So the other day it was happening so incessantly that I said to them "you guys know you can't be acting like this out in the real world" and they initially laughed it off but I told them that no one is going to take them seriously in classes or in a job interview and they had better not act like this in public. I don't want them to get laughed at or not be able to maintain relationships because they won't stop acting weird and making no sense all the time. So I told them to cut all this meme crap before it ruins their lives and job prospects. They're full adults for Pete's sake! I know it was hard for them to move back home but I feel like they've both regressed back to this weird childish state?? They were upset with me and went off to their bedrooms to lay in bed and watch videos again. They haven't come down to talk to me since. AITA?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

FreudianSlippers posted:

Lola and Walk on the Wild Side are both heartfelt unironic songs about the joys of loving pre-op trans women.

At least Lou Reed was 100% queer. Don't know about the Davies bros but I'm just going to assume Lola is actually ahead of its time as it sounds.

The kinks have a song about how it’s okay for burly, heterosexual men to be gender non conforming crossdressers

Written in the 1970s

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

deoju posted:

What song is this?

I don't think a keyword search would produce what I'm looking for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwVw6x7lzGY

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Literally the only contributions to American culture by the Italians were the video game plumber and the pepto bismol spicy meatball guy, and those dudes were, respectively, japanese and greek.

Italians, by way of Thomas Jefferson, are responsible for mac and cheese

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

bike tory posted:

I used to work at a fried chicken restaurant and without a lie, potato chips straight from the fryer with lashings of chicken salt are the best food Ive ever eaten.

I'm still chasing that high and nothing else quite compares.

Everyone who worked there also all put on heaps on weight because turns out standing around the chip warmer eating fried chips all shift adds a poo poo load of calories to your day.

If only there was a way to deep fry things at home. Maybe one day somebody will invent the technology

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

No discussion on msg is complete without this incredible, incredible video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gilL5Ly7QMk

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

MarcusSA posted:

What are the white flags?

Those are also confederate flags

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

If you like your sweet desert wines, the ancient romans had a secret ingredient they liked to add that made any wine taste better

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"Overly rich food" is some mediaeval medicine poo poo like humours and flogiston.

The gallbladder is just a myth, I say as I take my next bite of sausage

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Firstborn posted:

I have gout. When it flares it, it sucks real bad.

Pfft, have you tried doing colchicine about it? Amateur :smug:

e: y’all people don’t even know about allopurinol

Ziv Zulander has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Apr 11, 2021

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYn4GE2M_ss

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Fun fact, the tea act actually lowered the taxes on British imported tea. It was unpopular because it was intended to undercut the prices of illegally smuggled tea.

For content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxmt5KQ5Hw

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I guess this is a meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOkQ9yiw3A

Slow video but it has a payoff near the end

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Jack, do you remember what day it is?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Son of Rodney posted:

Specific memes are absolutely my thing so please anybody with memes from a narrow area feel free to post more.

Caregiver memes

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Son of Rodney posted:

:yeshaha:

More. More!!

Even more specific, med aid memes

e: at my workplace , we don’t call it the the van to Ativan. We call it the riding the train to lorazeland. Same stuff just a generic name. Any time I give somebody a Xanax I call it barring them up.

Ziv Zulander has a new favorite as of 12:31 on May 7, 2021

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Everybody talking about post apocalyptic fiction and nobody mentions A Canticle for Leibowitz? I’m ashamed of you all.

It’s set after a nuclear war and follows society as it rebuilds itself. Focuses a lot on the catholic church’s role as a preserver, and gatekeeper, to knowledge. It’s set in three major sections. The first is right after the apocalypse, where there’s a wave of anti intellectualism and an order of monks sets out to preserve, but not understand, old writings. The second section is set during the Renaissance, where electricity is eventually rediscovered. The main conflict there is that a monk is traveling to give some rediscovered blueprints to the pope, as well as a gift of an illuminated blueprint that he had spent years making. He’s robbed by mutant bandits on the way, but manages to talk them into only stealing the illuminated blueprint and leaving him with the ancient blueprints. The third section is set during the new modern era, where society has just set off the nukes again, and discusses whether or not it’s ethical to perform assisted suicide on people who have received lethal doses of radiation.

It’s a good book, you should all check it out. Bit of a slow read, but if you’re looking for post apocalypse fiction that actually focuses on rebuilding things, you’ll like it

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

bike tory posted:

What's this referencing?

An edgy early 2000s video game called postal 2

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Milo and POTUS posted:

They used to give out mod stars for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHA5CIL0fg

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

So what's with the Xboxx X one X Xerxes X and how is that different from the XxxboxxXone S series S which is more expensive than the Xbox One S

Xbox one x was named like that to trick people into thinking they were buying an Xbox series x

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Poops Mcgoots posted:

This assumes Microsoft knew what they were naming things years in advance.

Sorry, strike that and reverse it. The series x was named that to trick people into buying the old one x.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sure it's just some PETA 'taking anything from an animal involves clubbing them to death' lies to make their organization look good. I'm sure I saw one about that but for cow milk.

To be fair, cow milk involves keeping dairy cows perpetually pregnant, which is sort of its own problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

mobby_6kl posted:

and barefoot in the kitchen.

Very problematic.

No, it's an actual thing

quote:

Are Dairy Cows Constantly Pregnant?

A cow has to give birth to produce milk.

https://www.thefarmerswifee.com/are-dairy-cows-constantly-pregnant/

Further on in the article it says that they wait between 45-60 days to get the cow pregnant again. This seems like a rich person hobby farm, I assume factory farms don't give them such a long rest period.