Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dreddout posted:

drat this is spicy.

*Just woke up at 1:30 pm*

Me too, because that's when my alarm is set for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

Make it one of his iconic skyward yelp spaz poses to, make him froth at the mouth proper. Gargle that guano bitch

Base it off of one of the photos of himself he outlawed while we're at it.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

This is literally the first iteration of the album cover meme where I actually understood the joke.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Trent Reznor is a much better composer and songwriter than he is a singer anyways. Even Devo covering head like a hole is better than the original.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

People who don't believe in horseshoe theory just haven't had the misfortune of meeting a tankie.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I like this because he doesn't even have it in him claim to be better than these guys. He's just saying he cares more.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Banning him was the worst decision Lowtax ever made.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Rough Lobster posted:

Haha hey guys

Guys

Haha I bet his friends and family will be BACK IN BLACK for his funeral as they mourn his passing!

Hey

That's not a double meaning. The song is about a band member dying.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dragonstoned posted:

The grave one might be useful, a lot better then trying to bury someone in an open grave the night before a funeral

If you're going to bury someone in a graveyard you're supposed to do it the night after they bury someone else in that hole.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's part for the course with comics. Someone is still drawing new Popeye strips after a literal loving century and it never changes.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

syscall girl posted:

And don't chew gum.

Oh poo poo I was just thinking of that guy the other day because that crash test dummies song that weird Al parodied came on the radio for some reason.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm sure most people's reactions upon hearing this was "... really? I thought he died like 30 years ago."

I don't know I think a lot of people would remember him being alive from when he got married when gay marriage was legalized a few years ago.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You motherfucker

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9MMQN1baR0

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Clitch posted:

The default avatar is supposed to be stupid and make people buy a custom avatar to support our dead gay forum. The image in question is too good.

what if we mysteriously never received the stupid newbie avatar when creating an account?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fun fact, the guy with Indiana Jones is played by Alfred Molina

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think it would be funnier with the real Skinner as the ruined roast.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Zartosht posted:

You routinely get epicly slain by your water glasses?

https://local.theonion.com/man-puts-glass-of-water-on-bedside-table-in-case-he-nee-1819575530

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Cocaine is vegan though.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

UWBW posted:

Has anyone posted this yet? It's art.

If you think that's good you should check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRsOBFhNjVM#t=3s

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Memento posted:

What if they're using petrol as the solvent in the extraction phase? Literally trillions of animals died to make that stuff.

Yeah but fossil fuels are basically all plant matter also.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Does that oats thing only apply to the ground beef then? Pretty hard to buff up grilled chicken or steak (even granting that we’re not talking usda prime here) with filler.

Or is that another citation needed?

When there we're all of those rumors going around about fake beef at Taco Bell they released a statement saying the ground beef was 88% meat 12% water oats and spices.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Why is that not a clip from The Evil Dead?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

No steamed ham will ever top this:
https://youtu.be/mghhLqu31cQ

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Hihohe posted:

Dragon Ball Z had an unmistakable soundtrack and if you lower YMCA by the Village People down a key it sounds like it could go into an episode

https://youtu.be/MebWEwLsHtg

But it's still be obviously YMCA I don't know why anyone would think it fits.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Someone should add a teleSUR logo.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

chippocrates posted:

You might find that they... found a way.

Speaking of Jeff Goldblum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JF4dLQwCXE

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If Guy Fieri actually was homophobic I'm pretty sure someone other than a guy that blames him for getting fired would have made allegations against him by now. Guy Fieri is pretty open about the fact that he's just putting on an act to reach an audience that isn't normally into cooking.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

He might've been before or maybe he still is, I'm not sure, but back in 2015 he did officiate 101 gay weddings after his sister died. So maybe he is and changed his mind after that, or he still is, I dunno, but he seems to be having a net positive effect on things.

http://www.afterellen.com/tv/417129-guy-fieri-speaks-late-gay-sister-marrying-sex-couples-florida

Basically one guy who had just been fired made those accusations and everyone just assumed it was true because they wanted to believe it. It's been seven years without anyone corroborating it.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I still say that this thread was vastly improved by arbitrary rules and Latin lessons.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

This doesn't work. Dracula should be the one throwing something.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My regional $7 semi fast food hamburger is so much better than your Regional $7 semi fast food hamburger it's not even funny

The local taco chain near me uses sliced American cheese on tacos and people act like I'm weird for preferring Taco Bell.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

I got had by the FAKE NEWS.
:sad:

What even was the point of faking it. Just wait a couple of days and it will be true.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Jews. It was about the Jews.

No, he had a nervous breakdown about being part Welsh.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jamesman posted:

"On September 14, 2016, Bregoli and her mother, Barbara Ann, were interviewed on Dr. Phil for the segment "I Want To Give Up My Car-Stealing, Knife-Wielding, Twerking 13-Year-Old Daughter Who Tried To Frame Me For A Crime" to discuss Bregoli's behavior, which included stealing a crew member's car while the episode was being filmed."

She managed to turn her reality TV appearance into a successful enough rap career to end up with a billboard award nomination and recently got into a rap beef with an even younger troubled teen rapper and a random 9 year old girl who keeps showing up at places with suspiciously large amounts of cash.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Change the channel, Marge.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

As part of a settlement with one of his victims R. Kelly is not allowed to say he is innocent.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Hi.

I work for the NSPH as a paid crisis worker, and before that I was a volunteer. Pranks are most definitely a thing we deal with on a nightly basis. Most of the time, we can tell if someone is pranking us and we end the call quickly, but on occasion, some rear end in a top hat will go all in on it, and one of us (not me so far, thankfully) will spend 10 minute talking about their pain and loss before the hilarious Minecraft joke comes out and they hang up. And every call into the hotline requires a call report. And every time a prank caller says they are having thoughts of suicide and then hangs up on us, we are required to call them back unless we are absolutely 100000004% certain it was a prank. And then, when they inevitably don't answer, we are required to schedule a follow up call so that we can try and contact them one more time to make sure they are all right. And when we make that follow up, we have to make notes on the call whether it goes to voicemail or results in us talking to them. And then if we don't talk to them, we have to get final permission to close the follow up. Oh, and supervisors have to review every call report involving a suicidal individual unless we're absolutely certain it was a prank.

Prank calls eat up a massive amount of time that we don't have.

And gently caress. If one minor calls in a prank about another minor, that's everything above times three as we attempt to involve parents as well.

Also, like you said, people get put on hold because we're underfunded and colossally, mindfuckingly understaffed. For example, on most weekend nights, when many people are feeling their most isolated and vulnerable and alone, we'll have two people on the lines at our particular call center, answering calls for five different hotlines. Obviously I can't give any specific details, but I regularly spend over an hour on calls with people who are scarfing down pills mid conversation, or standing on bridges, or staring at a loaded gun. If both people working the lines are taking a call like that, yeah, people are gonna wait on hold. It sucks. It sucks to put one suicidal person on hold to bounce between calls with two other suicidal people. It sucks to have to end a call with a recent sexual trauma victim because you need to be able to give 100% of your attention to the drunk heartbroken dude who is on the verge of driving straight into oncoming traffic or whatever.

Add in the fact that it takes a certain kind of person to voluntarily spend their free time immersed in other people's misery, and you can see the issue here. Staffing is gonna be a problem. This is where volunteers come in. If you think there's a remote possibility that you could handle it, go find a local crisis line and look into volunteering. I make it sound horrific, and it is, but I also genuinely know that I have the best job in the world. I really do. As I'm headed home after a long, draining shift, I'm on top of the loving world, because chances are I stopped someone from doing something they'd very likely regret, and I've been told by multiple people that calling us helped them turn their life around.

So go get immersed in misery in your free time and make it so that someone at their lowest point doesn't have to wait on hold. It'll seriously change you in the best way possible.

This is a McDonald's drive through.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah but I felt like someone had to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't get it.