Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

du -hast posted:

Simpsons memes are literally the worst and should be banned imo

I unironically think that simpsons memes are the best. Literally the best memes out there.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The last few pages have beem exeptional?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Phlegmish posted:

Spanish is much easier to spell than English because of how logical and phonetical it is in comparison. I would say written English is tied with French for its weird bullshit and inconsistency.

On the other hand, trying to understand what an Iberian Spaniard is saying is extremely difficult due to their steadfast refusal to enunciate even slightly

As a german with an spanish gf, both learning each others language, I can only say you sweet summer child never attempt my language. Spanish and english are both very easy to learn, as both have very clear rules instead of cases that are true for like 60% of the time, but can vary depending on the five words before them.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So long ill spent youth!

I used to be with it
*fortnite dance*
I used to be with it
*fortnite dance*

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm sad da share z0ne sold out and cucked out. I find it kinda interesting how people tend to know the minitiae of the most random poo poo tbh, it's like "what happened to da share zone that was fun" and people reply with "there was a rift going through their midst that finally settled into tragedy . Drew's wife had felt distant and disconnected from her husband for months now, with a gnawing hunger for validation from anybody at all. When da share zone admin 2 told her that she looked hot in that one Pic, the one with the bikini, she had felt a rising desire that could not be sated"

Like im glad someone can tell what's going on but how does anybody know this stuff about a Twitter feed about anti capitalism skeletons.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Just me and my 💕daddy peniwise💕, hanging out I got pretty hungry🍆 so I started to pout 😞 He asked if I was down ⬇for something yummy 😍🍆 and I asked what and he said he'd give me his 💦clummies!💦

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

What if like, stay with me, you all shut up about this stupid loving argument and concentrate on the big questions like does . 9999 = 1

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

CaptainViolence posted:

Prince Ali
throws batteries
into the watah

Lmao

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

But it was pronounced “Super Bus”

Nah more like sue perboos

Still, what a great name.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I just, really, cannot give even the slightest poo poo about how sonic looks. He is a bipedal blue hedgehog, in a movie made for kids. If you care about this you've got brain problems.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I mean it does look poo poo and all but at least he says "gotta go fast" int he trailer lmao no really he says that

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hugoon Chavez posted:

As a Latino, trust me, it's spot on.

Edit: Spanish varies a lot from country to country but Chile in specific has a very thick slang and cadence that is confusing as gently caress. If you know Spanish you can understand them, of course, but a lot is lost depending on how casually the Chilean speaker is expressing themselves.

A comparison would maybe be New Zealand English? Or south African, perhaps. Just a combination of a unique accent and slang that's so widespread it becomes its own language.

Currently dating a Chilean chick after being with a Spanish one for a few years and doing my best to learn Spanish. So far the difference is pretty flaite.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I got a regular dnd group going with friends and it owns. I DMed a beyond the wall mini campagn and a buddy is now doing a dnd starter campaign. So thanks for the million dnd memes, I've been spamming my group chat for days with em.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Good post, these are amazing

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Yes Tom, you could say that these song lyrics have become unboarable

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Does anybody have any Egypt memes? My gf is there currently for a few months and having a miserable time, I'd like to cheer her up B sending her dank memez

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

BillyC posted:

I got what you need

LOL nice, thanks

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

It causes me a tiny bit of annoyance when I see the a little a salami meme without the second a after little.

That's what makes it funny

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

zoux posted:

No I'm reading and House Atreides, House Harkonnen, House Corrino, all right here in this book

My favorite is house cariño

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Memento posted:

I just looked it up and they're still at Woolworths for $5. I might get one for dessert and show my kids what true luxury was circa 1989.

5 dollars is an obscene amount of money for vienetta, here in Germany they go for about a 1,50 €. It also amuses me greatly that people think it's fancy. It tastes good and is a very nice dessert but I wouldn't concider it fancy in any circumstances.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

zoux posted:

I know it's cloaked in meme irony but "I have the high ground" as a plot beat just fuckin sucks. Just have him beat him normally no need for that absurdity

2020: We're re-cancelling the prequels.

The high ground being a significant advantage in a fight is one of the only things that made sense in the movie you clown, you idiot, you absolute buffoon,

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Pastry of the Year posted:

nice ground

for a jedi to hold

on a lava planet

idiot

Yes, exactly, and don't sight your posts

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Holy loving hell that is a hell of a reaction :laffo:

Also absolutely contender for best perfectly cut of scream 2020

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Aw man don't go dissing on shortcat, that meme is one of the all time greats.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

A Grand Egg posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

As stupid as this is it never fails to make me laugh when it pops up every few years.

Not sure why he got probed, this is a vintage meme from the early 2000 "poo poo post" era. Rough around the edges, but a powerful meta critic of the posting style of the time.

I guess because it's not really pc or something?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

euphronius posted:

That meme was an instant probe back in the day iirc

Ah, didn't know that. Ty friend.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The poors can just suckle the wine out of the fabric when the billionaire gives it to be cleaned. If they put some effort and just duck hard enough.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

John whack would have been a better name.

Cuz he's a hitman you see.

He kills (whacks) people. Also he punches (whacks) a lot of people. Also he is pretty cool (whack).

Also imagine like these serious underworld bosses and illuminati level hitmen go "it's John whack" that would just sound silly (whack).

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

qed

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Mister Speaker posted:

I know the derail is long over but I don't care. My favourite thing about Reeves is that while you might think his extreme proficiency with firearms is a relatively new thing for the John Wick films, I'm pretty sure he's been training with them for just about as long as he's lived in Hollywood. Go watch the intro to Point Break; he had virtually no flinch while shooting, and that was 1991. Eliminating a flinch takes a lot of consistent training. I think he wanted to be an action star and knew that believable gun-handling was an important part of that. I find it pretty fun to observe actors and see who has or doesn't flinch while shooting.

Similarly, for someone who's trained in martial arts for decades he has a decidedly... unimpressive physique. I mean he doesn't look out of shape for his age but in the few shots of him shirtless in the John Wick movies he doesn't look like the ideal of a Hollywood action star - by that I mean it's not immediately obvious he's using gear and spending thousands a week on personal trainers. I find that really refreshing, to be honest.

Adam Driver is fine, I guess. I don't think he's a tremendously good actor; the scenes I saw from Marriage Story were like... first-year drama student-level acting. He was pretty good in Logan Lucky, though.

Anyway here's a meme.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

To be quite honest I'm coming around to this one.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

OK I d thought this many times before but this is it

This is what peak meme looks like

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'd fully support a ban on these things from The thread. It's always unfunny, and alway no less than a page of people posting their lovely combinations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Amphigory posted:

There are a load of these from an old Tumblr. They're all fantastic

Found this dump for easy access

http://imgur.com/gallery/Dcb4n

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Skyrim im is one of the most popular games ever and businessmen can be huge nerds as well, I don't understand why people find this so hard to l believe.

Fun fact: in the very good book about the Italian mafian "comorrha" the author describes how the mafia bosses were huge Film nerds about mafia movies, and some copied the mansions of Tony Montana or Escobar to live in.

Son of Rodney has a new favorite as of 12:15 on Feb 12, 2020

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

barbecue at the folks posted:

Bashar "Lion of Damascus" Al-Assad is not just a cold-blooded mass murderer, he's also a huge dweeb and nerd who ran the Syrian Computer Society before beginning his career in the family business as a bloody despot. Somehow it fits.

Anime is blood after all, huh

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I have heard the difference isnt anywhere near as significant when you factor in the enormous carbon cost of building the plant itself. Apparently cement production is very co2 heavy. Could all be internet bullshit tho!

Nah it's actually more or less the same as wind energy. Problem is more that there's a lot of co2 emissions front loaded, it takes between 10 and 20 years for them to become carbon neutral. Adding that to the 10 year average build time, the earliest that nuclear is beneficial for the environment is 20 years.
Just build more renewables and use batteries/hydrogen/gravitational batteries whatever. Nuclear would have been great 30 years ago, not now.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

When man has finally sublimed and exists in a quantum foam of unlimited ecstacy and prosperity, people will make loss edits of entire universes, this thing will never die but only evolve further

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh boy another create your x name meme and ironical moon moon posts, can't wait for the next time this happens and you get to skip 3 pages of no content posts once again.

Check out this spicy meatball instead: