Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
I really want to say something like Only Shallow people understand that bed picture, but even that feels kinda forced.

...not unlike the meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

china bot posted:

PYF Mrs. Todd's Shortcut meme

Looooong jaunt.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

frankenfreak posted:

Mr. Cardigan? What's next? Longcat? Failguy?

Oh poo poo, is Mr. Cardigan back?

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
Before enlightenment: chop wood, meme Simpsons.

After enlightenment: chop wood, meme Simpsons.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
Wait, there are people who don't like the Armin Tamzarian episode?

That episode has one of my favorite lines in the series: "They gave me a choice — jail, the army, or apologizing to the judge and the old lady.
Now of course, if I knew there was a war going on, I probably would've apologized."

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

SpacePig posted:

From what I understand, a lot of people felt betrayed or something by the rewriting of an established character's backstory, and then the hand-waving "never speak of this again under penalty of torture" status quo restorer at the end.

Considering all the inane meta-humor and absurd nonsense generated through shitposting and endless iterations of Steamed Hams, one would think that that kind of an absurdist wink at the concept of metanarrative would be adored, if not at least appreciated.

SpacePig posted:

e: The Principal and the Pauper also had "Up yours, children!" which is still one of my favorite lines, so maybe it's not as weak as I think.

It also had the Crapweeds and Scumdrops bit, and the "what is going on, and why is everyone in the car?" scene, which are both great.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Mike the TV posted:

NSF00A1
Smashthesteak

I speel my DRINK!

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Karate Bastard posted:

Sorry I can't parse this one. Click, clock, clunt, cluck... Clone? Wut.

Clown Bone

Holy poo poo, e:fb

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Blind Sally posted:

"Folklore and Mythology"

Slender Man didn't invent itself.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

My dude please visit america sometime

Okay THIS I have to take issue with. I know this is no serious debate thread, but I hear more theologically liberal Christians peddling this falsehood all the time. Paul goes out of his way in letter after letter to condemn homosexuality, and while Jesus himself never addresses it one way or the other, he does A) imply that men will only ever be with women and B) reaffirms all old testament laws ("not one jot or tittle shall be removed").

Yeah, Matthew 5:17 lays it all out pretty clearly.

All old testament laws are still officially in play.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Tetracube posted:

they can only be forgotten and spend an extremely long time slowly rotting away, praying for death. sid blowing them up was a mercy

When the plastic finally entirely flakes away, the demon trapped inside the toy is released into the world.

This is why they designed plastic toys to take ~500 years to fully degrade.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

St Evan Echoes posted:

It’s this, or Krudler

All this time I've been calling her Crandall!

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Sagebrush posted:

This sounds like the horseshit they tell first-year students to freak them out

Looks pretty disorienting to me.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Tanz! posted:

Text based versions of a visual meme are legitimate interpretations.

If it’s supposed to have a picture, it’s not the same if you remove that! It’s just stupid!

Sometimes memes start out textually and later change to picture formats! Doing the reverse is equally valid!

They’re not funny! It’s even lower effort than your usual meme!

The mind is can recall the picture!

Not sure if you're out of your mind

(Fry)

Or totally on to something

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
I never really noticed how much Lovecraft had that Innsmouth Look going on.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

RFC2324 posted:

what Game is this?

Loss.exe

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Brewmaster posted:

This is the only good argument I've seen in the stupid metric/imperial debate. All other opinions are heresy.

I'm a big fan of "500 Miles or 804.672 Kilometers, which is the catchier song?"

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

The Bloop posted:

Tantric energy is all I need.... Anyone want to help me charge this crystal?

It's Orgone or nothing.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

It's from the well illustrated and pretty well-conceived science-fiction story Alltomorrows, about the descendent species of humans after they expand into space and encounter an advanced alien empire that is adept at genetic modifications. Some good body horror.

So I tracked this book down and read it today and holy poo poo now that I actually get that meme, it's quite good.

Also that book is loving crazy, i highly recommend it.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Just out of curiosity why are loss.jpg edits the bees loving knees all of a sudden? I remember being on SA like a decade ago when this was first getting made fun of, seems to have come back extremely strongly in the last few weeks.

Regarding the gangbang girl meme, yeah it's dumb if it's just "5 of a dark thing, 1 of a light thing!" I did like the one where they labelled all the men as liked "student loans, utility bills, career problems" etc. There was actually kind of a joke there.

The ten year anniversary of loss' dread creation was not too long ago, and likely re-poisoned everyone's minds.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Darryl, Darryl, Darren, & Darryl.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Who’s the guy who paints the originals again? I thought I had bookmarked a website but I guess not

Boris Groh.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Paladinus posted:

Where the hell is mayo?

I'd put it in with neutral evil. No hot dog, just a mayo-covered bun.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It always weird me out seeing images from the US and there aren't any footpaths.

Concrete cost money, walk in the loving dirt :argh:

It stems from when cars first were becoming really popular. Kids used to play in the street back in the day, but cars are quieter, faster, less agile, and heavier than horses, so lots and LOTS of kids were being killed by motorists in the early 1900s.

So, naturally, when confronted with a choice between defending the interests of "children at play" and "people with enough money to purchase an automobile": American lawmakers made "being a pedestrian in the street" illegal, which is why we have jaywalking laws.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
I did read all of it and now I feel even more confused and somehow dumber because of it. Money doesn't have to be weird, it just has to not be concentrated in the hands of 50 people.

Also, Cryptocurrency is like catnip for douchebags.
They get all excited and stop being comprehensible for about 20 minutes, then their eyes glaze over and it gets really boring.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

RareAcumen posted:

Someone please explain MRA chicken

Extremely salty, pallid white skin, and nobody wants to touch it without wearing gloves. :v:

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
So long as Sonic either is a God, or could kill God.

And I do not care if there is a difference.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Somehow this doesn't feel as good to me.

It's like just telling the punchline and wondering why nobody is laughing.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

At least one of those cigarettes should be a joint.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

zoux posted:

some poo poo that's his fault actually

"My fault? MY FAULT? I didn't write the goddamn customer's order down, now did I? And I didn't put that order into the POS, either. I just made the food exactly how it was rung up, so I'm sorry, but WHO hosed this order up again?"

Sorry, I used to be a line cook in a restaurant where you apparently had to have been hit in the head with a brick before you could be a server.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
Don't forget that most of the cool people of the Boomer age group died in the 80s, while Reagan laughed about GRIDS and did nothing.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

Sardonik posted:

2022 Meme Calendar dropped:

gently caress, Peter Gabriel was WAY ahead of his time.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
I wouldn't make fun of, say, my grandma for slowly fading out of cognitive existence in fits and starts, but my grandma also didn't spend her life working very hard to make the lives of everyone around her objectively worse in whatever way possible.

If the shoe fits, Mitch can absolutely lace it up and then forget what it's called on national TV whilst actively glimpsing the oncoming hellfire.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!

lobsterminator posted:

Jedi council: Oh, and she'll also be wearing leather fetish goth dresses, hope you don't mind.

And it's canonical that underwear doesn't exist in this universe, so... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

you son of a bitch!
The people ~100 years ago who saw the automobile as "an incarnation of Moloch that we willingly feed people to in the name of progress" were 100% objectively correct.