Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +2 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 Conditions:


Ah yes. How dare I imply a cripple could be dangerous to her, to anyone. Please. Like I haven't dealt with rowdy test subjects. Like I don't have contingency plans if I need to ambush and subdue any of these people. High Gear probably would have a way to deal with his room being flooded with anesthetic gas, but I'd like to see a psyker think her way out of that one. Not that I expect it to ever come to that.

I wipe my mouth with a napkin with my eyes closed. "You misunderstand me, as I you apparently. But." I lean my elbows on the table and rest my chin on my weaved fingers. With a firm stare and a predatory smile I add, "You are the one out of your element. I know my place. Where people look with contempt down their noses at me. I know that adversity and life are one in the same. And that people you put themselves on a pedestal find the foundation kicked out from under them. That attitude will just get more knives in your back. But I will allow you to elucidate me." I twirl my hand dismissively as I say that. "What is your place? It's not the brains, or the muscle, and you can't even properly sniff out a rat. You're just window dressing." I chuckle. "I admit it is a pleasing aesthetic. So that isn't a complaint."

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at Mar 17, 2017 around 14:04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +3 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: The Labyrinth - 23rd Floor - Cafe


Taking the last bite off her fork, Percy closes her eyes for a moment as she stands up. "Take it easy, you two. I'm not putting two rounds into the ceiling in one night, they aren't cheap.", she says before going over and popping a cooling sack loudly. Not gunshot loud, at least. Well, apparently she's not expecting anybody to help with the dishes.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2017 around 19:43

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +2 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Labyrinth - 23rd Floor - Cafe

Just as suddenly as Ea’s temper flared, it began to cool. How pathetic. Not only Ursula’s feeble attempt to bait the alien, though that was quite shameful if amusing as well, but just how quickly Ea had let their annoyance get the best of them. Mother would rightfully scold them if she was here to witness such a misstep, especially when the opposition was a foe such as… this. A human, and not even a properly functioning one at that. How embarrassing to take such a deplorable and pitiful being serious for even a single moment. It was enough to make Ea want to laugh at the whole situation. Yet this mongrel before them deserved not the slightest more display of emotion. Instead, they gradually hovered upwards, legs crossed and hand on their chin. Staring coldly downwards at Ursula, Ea replied,

[Does the crowned ruler explain their place to the toiling peasant? No. It is understood to the peasant that they are in the presence of their better, the individual who allows them to toil in their land only because the peasant is an useful tool. That is all you are, shackled inventor. An useful tool to be discarded when your broken body is no longer able to be of service. And ascertaining by your current state, that time may come before you are even able to be of use. Such a worthless creature.]

For a second, it seems as if Ea intends to say (or more likely, do) something more. But as the Black Squire speaks, the alien slowly closes their eyes, and then gently lowers themself to the floor while giving the briefest nod in return.

[So be it. This one sees no reason to waste furthermore, whether it be breath or bullet. If the shackled inventor believes they have worth beyond having their alternative ‘Caper’ shot down in flames for this one’s amusement, then the time to prove so will come soon enough. Or perhaps now would be opportune? The evening meal’s dishes need to be cleansed of filth, after all. Let the shackled inventor assist. With their own hands of flesh, and not their servants of metal, of course.]

While there was of course nothing wrong with washing dishes to most reasonable humans, Ea clearly viewed it by their tone as nothing short of demeaning, and the insistence on Ursula doing it in person was obviously meant to be degrading. So to agree, even if the task itself was seen as necessary, would certify the shackled inventor as a lesser being in the alien’s many eyes.

quote:

[01:34] <TheFireMagi> Ea'lyiz provokes Ursula to lower herself and wash the dishes with her own two very human hands!
[01:34] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6+3
[01:34] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 4+3 = 7

OOC: I misread how cowing/rebuking works, so Ursula marks Curses! or shifts labels at SNG's choice because they responded to me. Since that’s a 7-9, Ursula also marks a condition if they don’t do the dishes by hand. Edit: Ursula rejected my Influence, so provoke fails and I mark Curses!

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Mar 17, 2017 around 16:52

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Tock

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Tock rocks back in his chair. Oh good. The Runt was openly talking about harvesting them. Delightful.

Now she and the Xenos were flinging bitter barbs at one another. And he hadn't even done anything to set them at each other's throats. Incredible.

He crossed to Percy, leaning closer to her. "So you want to rule the roost? Good luck." He fluttered away through time. Disinterested in the argument. He had better things to do.

Returning to his chambers. He started sharpening his blade. Wondering if he'd need to make use of it on any of the gibbering idiots he was now working with.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +2 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 Conditions:


"Feudalism is a dead and backwards system." I push the chair back myself. My arms shake a little bit from the effort, I admit. I produce a bottle of stimulants from a pocket sewn into my dress. Four should be enough, down with some water. "There are some rather colourful stories about peasant revolts. Petty counts having their manor stormed. And you are no queen. Otherwise you wouldn't be marooned here." I feel the rush of blood and can pull myself to my feet. "The landed elite is a useless institution. Only the Margravine understood it was only a silly title," ugh I sound wistful. I suppose I miss the days when I was ignorant of her puritanical treachery. "You allow me to toil on in your fields? How magnanimous. And were no one to take you up on your offer would you starve?" I pick up my plate and make my way to the sink. "Your indignant response speaks volumes. You don't even have ideas in that head to be rejected. Very well, just sit there and look pretty. Do you need handmaidens to wipe your butt too? Poor thing, I can manage that myself at least." I give a bitter sardonic laugh. To think anyone could be more proud and out of touch than High Gear. At least she's typically quiet about it.

I won't wither from her challenge. This alliance will not work unless we respect each others abilities, even if I have to cow every idiot in this thoughtlessly excavated mess. And I am not interested in more repeats of our first disaster, with everyone pressing on ahead themselves like morons and the plan being pulled in every direction until it burst. Already they forget the thesis of the original proposition for the alliance. Perhaps a few lumps more will make them understand. But I will do what I can to prevent that, I don't need any lumps after all.

9 reject influence. Cancel influence and take +1 against them

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.


After a sudden change of management; the first Caper! Is High Gear’s Black Squires' -- We Must Obtain the Unobtainium from the High Priority Armored Train (Using High Gear’s “Sweet As Hell” Airship)

But before we get into that...

High Gear P.1: Sometime after breakfast; Ebony Mask sends you an oddly hurried video message. He appears as regal and placid as always, but do you hear a hint of nostalgia in his voice? “I loath to use you as a mere courier. We both know how much greater you are than that, but an old… colleague of mine has called in a favor.” He pauses, “Have no worry, your location is secure. Attached to this message are an assortment of documents; see that the Young Lady Hoffnung receives them.” Bah, this task is almost unworthy of your time and attention. Almost. Keeping your patron please is important. The documents are a collection of articles, medical journals, and one letter addressed to Ursula personally. Unless you’ve suddenly discovered a new passion for biology, reading through these dry and jargon-filled texts is absolutely unworthy of your attention. Away it goes.

Ursula P.1: You always knew you’d receive a message from Simmons, one day. An unpleasant inevitability, if you will. Well, Simmons has sent you a collection of new academic releases related to conditions similar to yours. “Perhaps,” they claim optimistically, “Perhaps in the coming decades, we will be able to stall, or even treat, degenerative conditions such as...” Well, decades you don’t have. It’s all useless information, most of which you already knew. Alongside the articles, Simmons sent a letter addressing you personally, repeating the same patronizing lines she spoke in the Institute of Illumination. “Don’t lose hope for a cure.” “Don’t forgot the importance of ethics.” Bah! More useless information!

While that was expected, receiving the message from High Gear, of all people, was not. While there was little personal information in the material, there was a plethora of information on your condition. Using the averages given in the articles as a base, High Gear could probably estimate your current bone density with ease. It’s too much, and how did Simmons even contact him, anyways? Consciously or subconsciously, the potential that he knows your vitals just as well as you do weighs on your mind.

Result of your Scion roll! High Gear delivers a cache of documents detailing your vulnerability, and while he (probably) didn’t waste time reading them, you can’t be certain of that! High Gear gains Influence on Ursula Hoffnung!




Obtain the Unobtainable, Break the Unbreakable – Choo-Choo, Fight For Power!
A Capers! Production - Directed and Produced by Scrree, starring Black Squire as the Mastermind.

Heat Rating: 2 – The distance from Avalon City is a key factor for this low Heat Rating, yet the HPAT is an expected target for villainous plots. Dally too long, and backup will arrive!

Planks: 3 – These three Planks must be overcome before the train cars carrying the Unobtainium can be loaded into the Brass Juggernaut!

You must take out (Through Force or Sabotage) the drones guarding the air around the HPAT – the Minnows!
Lightly Armored, lightly armed, but cheap as can be – the Minnows are the ‘next generation of cost effective security’ from Luguscorp. The defense of the HPAT will be their maiden voyage, and they’re deployed in frightening number. Thinning their numbers while they’re grounded would be the most efficient way to deal with, but if you can outpower them enough in the field, who needs efficiency?

You’ll need to keep Train Security busy. - Rumor has it that the HPAT is being guarded by a rough band of nomads used to the dangers of the wild between Avalon and Vladivostok. Their capabilities are public knowledge within Avalon City, but they’ll need to kept busy before the Unobtainium can be secured.

You must stop the HPATSimple as that. While the idea of loading violate Unobtainium from the ground to the air while moving is stupidly cool, it’s also stupidly stupid. Don’t risk another Vladivostok Debacle; stop the train, then get the goods.

--

Wild Bull – Time for violence. All the time spent barely withstanding these nerdy nerding nerds is going to be made up by some good punching, and best of all, you’ll get to look cool in front of Black Squire! You’ll get to suplex a train! Maybe you can lucky, and ‘accidentally’ slam it right on top of Tock?

Are you in the Brass Juggernaut, or are you riding Gertrude through the dusty wastes? Or Elsewhere?

What do you do?

--

Ursula – You’re pretty sure the team could be divided into two groups; complete idiots, and potential complete idiots. Well, Percy stands separate from the rest, and High Gear (What does he know??? drat the Margravine!), for all his bluster, at least had the sense to step away from his own plan to let a more competent and beautiful Mastermind lead. After the events of breakfast, a certain alien ‘princess’ launched herself firmly into the first category.

From your position on the Brass Juggernaut you can see the tracks, standing out as the only sign of civilization in a dusty wasteland.

There are people on the ship you want to impress, and people you need to show up.

What do you do?

--

Tock – Any plans you might’ve had to turn the others against each other were soon revealed to be wholly unnecessary. Breakfast with knifes on your plate and behind your back! They say that trust begets trust… perhaps the same is true for distrust? My, what wondrous company you’ve found yourself in!

And while they’re quite happy with this whole train-robbing expedition – surprisingly old-school, given it was High Gear’s idea – you have a couple of other matters on your mind. What are they?

(poo poo! I completely forgot about the Rogue’s agenda until I was prompting for you! PM me or talk to me on IRC so we can get that squared.)

What do you?

--

Ea’Lyiz – Ugh, why are some of these pitiful humans so frustrating to argue against? High Gear is great. You argue with him until you tire of it, he gives you The Dew, you drink The Dew, and are refreshed for another round of arguing. It works, and lets you spend time hanging out (s) mentally trouncing the pitiful monkey. The others? They just repel you, as repulsive individuals should.

Still, you cannot help but be please about this Caper. If it succeeds, it was due to Black Squire’s great leadership, and if it fails, it was due High Gear’s poor planning. He cannot win! It is guaranteed perfection. Unless the human defenses you face are capable of harming you, but that is unlikely, probably.

Is your position on the Brass Juggernaut one of power, in the front of the ship, or one of comfort, in the back?

What do you do?

--

High Gear – You take your proper position in the 'pilot’s chair'.



The Brass Juggernaut is yours to command. The mission, however, is not. Black Squire… usurped? It from you, for reasons of… unity? Honestly, while your genius mind can obviously comprehend the team’s decision, that doesn’t mean it makes sense to you? Still, they’re all fired up to acquire the Unobtainium, so no matter who’s ‘in charge’, it’s your victory.

Right?

From your position on the bridge you can see the dust plume of the HPAT on the horizon. The Unobtainium should be loaded into secure cars on the back half of the train. All you have to do to get it is – a lot of poo poo, actually. Well, luckily you’re great.

What do you?

--

Black Squire – As you are the ‘mastermind’ of the Caper, High Gear has given you the captain’s chair of the Brass Juggernaut, and--- Hey!



What the hell is this? It was obviously just hauled in by some robot, and it’s… surprisingly comfy, actually. Well, you’re not much of pilot, so why not let the little genius have his fun while he pilots you to a successful heist.

To step back a second; you’re down one bullet and up one leadership position. You succeeded in both feeding the team, and focusing their energy on a single task. Both are impressive feats. From your position on the bridge you can see the dust plume of the HPAT on the horizon. The moment of action is soon to arrive. Do you have any inspiring words for the team?

What do you do?

--

Everybody – This Caper is going to start a bit strangely. You’re all on or near the Brass Juggernaut as it approaches the HPAT, but that doesn’t mean your actions are limited to that space. For at least this prompt, feel free to flashback to the ‘past’ and commit acts of reconnaissance, sabotage, etc. that will effect the ‘current’ situation.

What did you do?

--

If you’re new to Capers or confused about the Caper Phase I suggest you check out my post in the OOC thread that tries to break it down. It has a lot of examples of Schemes, and generally lays out why the Caper Phase exists in the first place

Black Squire, as the Mastermind, will set the stage! The Rules say you need to be the first to post a Scheme or (if you're feeling ballsy) Execute, and while I'm not sure I agree with that, for this Caper, at least, I'll follow them. Once Black Squire takes an action, it's a free for all, and even before that feel free to post exactly 'where' your character is on/near the Brass Juggernaut.

Also like always if i hosed something up yell at me in IRC!!!

Scrree fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2017 around 02:28

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +3 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: The Brass Juggernaut


A Week Ago: "We don't actually have to stop the engine, you know.", Squire explains in the impromptu meeting room they've put together from a would be-apartment after knocking out a wall or two (thanks, Bully), and then getting some tables and chairs together. She sits on the table rather than a chair, and then pushes little saltshakers and cups to make their map.

"First, Tock and EZ are going to have to get intel on which car has the unobtainium a beforehand. Second, High Gear and Ursula are going to have to sabotage or take over their air support while they're still on the ground." She squints a little. A bad idea to try and get them to work together, she knew, but she couldn't help but try. "Hack 'em, bust 'em, whatever. Tock should see if he hide on board once it gets moving, and distract the guards once we go into action. It'll be Bull and I's job to make sure the unobtanium car is detached and deal with any guards left on it. High Gear and Ursula keep an eye out for any other trouble, and provide backup if we need it." She taps the line of glass bottles. "We get in, we leave them confused and disarmed, and we don't even have much of a fight. Catch them with their jumpers dropped." She braces herself as she falls quiet. This is where the others had a cue to speak up, and from how things have gone so far, it won't be pretty.

Hopefully, they'd actually stick to the plan. If not, well, it'd give her excuses and blame to assign later. But then, she wasn't as hung up on success - building things, lasting things... well, what use did she have for things that would take time? The excitement of the heist itself was mostly what kept her pushing on this.

Now: Sitting around in the middle of a heist isn't as much her style, as comfy as the chair is. She checks the rust charges she has at her hip one last time, and stands up to lean against High Gear's driving seat to get a better view... and make her presence a little more tangible. She's looking to make sure Wild Bull is making an approach before she goes to make the drop. And, well. She's trying to remain flexible. "This your first team heist, Gear?"

Cooking Up the Scheme roll with Trouble to try and come up with a sneaky heist plan. Got a 12 (2d6 + 3), which will add a Plan to the pool.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Cards: 3 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

"You would presume it to be", High Gear stated in a voice dripping derision, "Captain? It's not as if I've been gathering resources for my operations from all across the globe since I started my work."

High Gear steered the juggernaut on direct interception course with the train.

"No trains before, though, but that's still a normal heist with a couple extra variables thrown in. And if you've got any brains at all, such should not hinder you in the slightest. Now, if you'd please", High Gear stood up and shooed the Black Squire away from a strange, pad like area in the middle of the bridge, and seated her on her chair (pushed to the corner, and with a little 'captain' written on it in overtly girly, pink and glittery cursive) "I've got some essential work to do."

Then, he stood in the middle of the pad, fixed his cloak a bit, and crossed one pair of his arms behind his back, leaving the other to pompously gesticulate with. Then he waited. He waited a bit more. Then, when the train was in visual range, the rims of the pad started to glow a strange, electric blue, and an excessively giant hologram of High Gear materialized in front of the juggernaut, cast by hidden projectors placed all around the prow.

"Ah. Good executives and crew of H.P.A.T. 31 delivery #1 for Avalon! I bid you welcome!" he performed an ostentatious, clearly mocking sort of deep bow, as did the hologram, "To your ambush."

"See, I, HIGH GEAR, have seen it prudent to reappropriate your cargo for a greater cause. Heed, and you will survive with your continued good health and most of your hardware intact. Fail to do so, and suffer my wrath."

He waited for just a moment. As the train failed to start braking, he continued.

"You've made your choice, I see. Then at least you will know who to blame for your abject humiliation at the hands of HIGH GEAR!"

"HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH", and then the hologram disappeared in a blink.

High Gear stepped off the platform, and cleared his throat a bit. "We've made our entrance with a proper introduction", he stated flatly, "Also, I was forced to use my own moniker there, taken that our outfit still lacks a name. So I hope you don't mind, captain."

Higg Gear scoffed, and took the pilot's seat once more.

quote:

Theantero: High Gear, SHOW YOUR HAND!
Theantero: !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, 7+3 = 10

3 Cards get, without any downside

Theantero fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2017 around 21:49

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +3 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: The Brass Juggernaut


"With flattery and charm like that, I can't imagine where I'd get the idea you were a lone operator.", Squire says dryly as she stands up straight before smirking. "Don't forget to thank me at some point for all this. I don't think I need to explain why to a genius such as yourself, of course.", she says as she steps away from the pilot's seat to pace back across the bridge.

She doesn't comment on him going completely converse to the plan she put out, for whatever reasons she might have.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Cards: 3 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

"Lone operator? Of course I'm a lone operator? Why would you assume otherwise? None of what you're saying makes any sense..." High Gear tapers off as he listens to sped up records of their past conversations, a sort of high pitched sound emanating from the pilot's seat, "ohh, you said team heist. I wasn't really listening you see. No, not really. I much prefer my machines because by definition all their actions are as smart as I am."

"That is not to say I don't appreciate your input, captain", oh there was the smarm again, "You've done some splendid work here at my ship. Great plans too, made perfectly workable with just the tiniest personal twist. You've shown me the error of my previous lines of thought, clear as day."

High Gear chuckled to himself as his hands worked the various controls.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +2 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 Conditions:


"Gear might you tone it down just a bit. If you're going to be like this every heist I'll petition to have to left home. Regardless, I had planned for our presence being discovered early-" I glare at High Gear. "Perhaps from advance sensors."

I speak to B-Prime, "Protocol 6-c." N-Prime pushes my chair up next to the "captain's chair" as B-Prime's gears start audibly working. "I know you assigned me the minnows Percy, but I did some extra credit. I prepared a false communication between sections of the ship on an open comm... much like the one already used." I sigh and then give the hand signal to show our glorious leader (temporary) the fruits of my labor. I was able to find a room in that mad house we live in that resembles the bowels of a ship nicely. The lighting really catches the bags under my eyes and make my cheek bones more pronounced.

'I'd just like to remind everyone up there we're trying to take them alive. I always need more template candidates for the gene vats down by the docks.' The me in the recording looks up at a draining IV bag set up behind, then looks annoyed as she can't find something. 'And I'm running low on biomass. Maimed is fine as long as their fresh.'
I'm beaming as the recording finishes playing. "The security should be much less spirited with them knowing the Butcher of Caligre Lane is skulking about. The girls liked to spread exaggerated rumors about me so they could intimidate belligerents when enacting their flesh trade of a less intellectual sort. Whenever these nomads were in town to sell their excess hides half the profits would disappear into the pockets of the types of entertainers you won't find in the plains."

If I can have my fingerprints on each part of the plan I should be looking pretty good when this all pans out. If nothing else it gives me more ammo against Ea. I enjoy cutting after all, and words slice her to the bone. Heh.

Freakish Plan 10. The security is given a reason to cut and run when things go bad. +1 Plan

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +2 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

A week had passed since that rather eventful dinner, and Ea was still inwardly fuming over all that happened. Such lack of respect from a child of Earth was frankly unacceptable. At least High Gear played the moderately acceptable host when he argued back. Just the thought of Ursula’s insolence was enough to leave the alien frustrated, and more than anything else, determined to put the mongrel in her place. For that purpose, Ea joined the others towards the front of the Brass Juggernaut, seemingly serious about their role in this little endeavor.

It was, for the most part, a solid plan from the Black Squire that made good use of the team’s individual talents. There was only one ‘small’ problem: Ea’s role was pathetic. Intelligence gathering? Really? That was the only mission deemed worthy of the alien’s many talents? How absurd. For a while there, Ea almost developed a sense of respect for the Black Squire after she took the spotlight from High Gear. Yet after such a foolish notion, any respect the alien may have had began to dwindle. Oh, Ea would play along, of course. At the start. But they had no intention of simply watching from the sidelines while the others took the starring roles.

That was a concern for later, however. At the moment, Ea moved to the farthest edge of the Brass Juggernaut’s command center, enjoying the aerial view. They had absolutely no idea what this ‘unobtanium’ was even after all the discussion, not that Ea had any intent to say as much, but that didn’t mean they had to be entirely clueless. Their many eyes widening, Ea’lyiz reached out with their mind, doing a quick scan of the brains aboard the train, searching for any signs of the unobtanium’s location.

quote:

[15:04] <TheFireMagi> Ea'lyiz scans the brains of the people aboard the H.P.A.T!
[15:04] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6+2
[15:04] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 5+2 = 7
[15:06] <TheFireMagi> hm, what to choose
[15:08] <Theantero> that's a Scheme I assume
[15:08] <TheFireMagi> mhm, i forgot to actually say it like a dope
[15:08] <TheFireMagi> Freakish Scheme, to be specific

It was… difficult. More difficult than it should have been for such a simple task. Was it the distance? The number of targets? Or perhaps… Ea’lyiz’s powers weren’t- No. Such a thought was absurd. Focus. Focus! And then, the information was found.

[If the associates will cease their needless chatter, this one has discovered the position of the so-called ‘unobtanium. Let us initiate the operations.]

Though the alien’s words were said in their usual indifferent/dismissive tone, the urge to prove themself, to demonstrate that they weren’t just all talk began to grow…

OOC: +1 Plan, marking Insecure for my condition.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2017 around 19:51

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Train Tracks


"...All I'm saying, Christie, is that the original Stranger's Kiss is a timeless classic."

"Yea, but the remake was preeeeettttttttyyyyyyyyy good."

"It's not bad, but it totally misses the point of the original! It was supposed to be about Yumi and Saya's relationship, and Yumi struggling to keep her life as a bounty hunter secret from the girl she slowly comes to care for. The remake focused way too much on the whole bounty hunter aspect, and they turned Yumi from a flawed, conflicted character into Generic Actiongirl Badass!"

"I get it, but those action scenes were soooooooo much fun to watch~"

"And that's the thing! It was never supposed to be about the action! The original had, like, what, 2? action scenes at most, and they were both short as hell, and the remake did have like, all these long, well-choreographed fight scenes that were pretty sweet, I'll admit, but they all felt kinda pointless.

"Well you know, they were trying to go for something different~"

"I get it, I really do, but I just wish they didn't lose the spirit of the original, too. And they messed up the hallway scene! You know, the most iconic part of the movie! That was supposed to be the turning point of the film, when Yumi realizes how much she actually cares for Saya. There's no dialogue for that entire scene, but you can still get the emotions going on, thanks to the excellent animation. And then the remake had to go and gently caress it all up by adding a bunch of dialogue, because the studio thinks we're all a bunch of idiots I guess!"

"Gosh, Ivy, you sure care a lot about Stranger's Kiss!"

"It's only my favorite movie of all time! I practically modeled myself after Yumi!"

"I get why you'd be so disappointed, but ya gotta admit, the bartender guy in the remake was pretttttty cuuuute~"

"...Yea, I can't argue with that. Anyways, I gotta train to catch. Remind me to show you the original film when I get back."

"Wiiiiiiiiiiilllllll do! Good lucky~"

*Click*

I pocket away the special smash-proof fire-proof phone Christie got me. I stand on the train tracks, waiting (im)patiently for the train to get here. I feel a little bad for not going along with Percy's plan, but poo poo, how the heck can I pass up an opportunity like this!? I get to smash a high-speed train! With my fists! I'm sure Percy'll forgive me when she sees how cool I look when I'm smashing it!

Ah, there it is! Alright, it's time for Bull to show all those nerdlings up there how much of a badass she really is!

I put in a pair of earbuds, and crank up some music to smash to. I plant my feet on the ground, and ready myself to catch the train. Am I excited? Hell yea, you bet I am!

THONK! I find myself getting pushed back by the train. I grit my teeth, and use every ounce of strength inside of me to stop this thing. I feel my strength eventually winning out, as the train starts to slow down. But I don't let it end there! I slowly start to lift the train, high into the air, and with a roar, I hurl the thing backwards using my incredible strength!

"ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I let out a triumphant roar over my victory, "DID YOU SEE THAT!? I'M UN-loving-STOPPABLE! NOTHING CAN EVER BEAT ME! NOTHING!!!"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Executing PLAN TRAIN SUPLEX (Stopping the HPAT)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 3+4 = 7

Choosing to raise heat by 1!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2017 around 20:53

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Trouble +1 | Superior +0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Train Tracks


The meeting was adjourned. Tock sat in his room, thinking through his options. Well, if he'd wanted a collection of meat shields to throw at BlackStaff... he'd lucked out. At least three of them could be sacrificed without a thought. Two of them... that was a harder call. Maybe he'd save them for last. Maybe he'd look for an out for them. Although one of them was dying already, so maybe it could be counted as a mercy killing? He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. He had business to attend to.

Tock collected his things, bagged them. Travel light as always. Made sure to leaf through his documents and identity papers for the right one. All of his things collected, he made his way out. Each of his team frozen mid movement. Time was a funny thing, you could cross the world in the blink of an eye. Or less. Why wait? That's just wasting time, and time was never to be wasted.

- - -

7:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Okay, Tock is going to cook up a Troublesome Scheme.
7:49 PM !r 2d6+1
7:49 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 7+1 = 8
7:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Yssss

+1 Plan
- Exhausting his false papers asset.

- - -

Vladivostok.

I was surprisingly nice for an industrial hell hole. Tock had always been one for travel. Today, he was playing wandering inspector. He had all the paperwork of course. 'All access'. He wandered, and inverstigated. For all intense and purposes, he played tourist. He even brought a little camera. He'd never liked the thing. But BlackStaff had made him use it for missions, and he'd grown accustom to it. Wandering about, snapping pictures, meeting the crews that worked out there and making friends. If anything it was relaxing. Away from the toxic enviroment of the base.

Okay he was in the toxic environment of an Unobtanium mine. But that didn't mean anything to him. His form was a shell around a piece of clockwork. Radiation meant nothing to him. Radiation was natural, and he was an aspect of nature. It was actually a shame when it was time to board the train. He climbed on board, bidding farewell to the time-froze workers. He'd maybe miss a couple of them. Yes, he'd never get those papers back, but that was meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Rattle rattle rattle went the train as it sped along it's tracks. Tock amused himself by planting bits of the rocks on the outriders. Shuffling about their equipment everrrrr so slightly. He knew where the cart was. Now, he just had to wait.

*Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick*

There it was, showtime. Pausing time, Tock climbed off the train, and wandered up track to where Bull was mid conversation. Predictable as always. He should have put a bet on the fact she'd want to punch the train. Here she was, about to punch the train. He listened into her call, she'd always hated it when he did. But it would be like asking a river to flow backwards upon itself. He was a spy, an infiltrator, and he trusted no one.

Even if he did find the fact that Ivy was a massive dork adorable.

*SMASH*

And she flipped the train.

Neat

Tock gave her few moments to soak in the victory. Then he spoke up. Standing there, casually, not even ruffled by the act. Slowly sipping a cocktail. How? gently caress you I have time powers.

"Ahh yes, a mighty display of strength from the underworlds foremost secret reviewer of animated lesbian love stories." He took a sip. "You can almost feel the world tremble at her final rating of 4/5 suplexed trains."

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.


Theme - Spike In the Rail

Everybody – There was a moving train. There was Wild Bull. The unstoppable force versus the immovable object, how will this contradicti-- oh nevermind she just supplexed the drat thing. The sound of the HPAT being slammed into the ground is so loud even though on the Brass Juggernaut can hear it without amplification. The thing twists, skids, buckles, and oh jeez, it’s a complete mess down there.

Plank Cleared! The HPAT has been stopped! Two Remain! Heat is Three!

--

Ea’Lyiz – While you might’ve been a bit sullen about it, you did complete your assigned task with competence. Your psychic powers reached out an incredible distance and covered whole the train; for a vehicle of it’s size, there were surprisingly few lifeforms on board.

You sensed one lifeform at the helm, and then a small cluster of thinking beings at the center. As you passed over them, you intercepted a conversation –

“Captain! We’re not really going to fight these crazy bastards, are we? You heard that message we intercepted, right? Maybe… maybe just let us go guard the special cargo in the back.”

“Captain! I can’t find my weapon! Neither can Hedric; we know where we left them, it’s like someone shuffled all of our equipment! We might have a rat on board.”

“Captain! This was supposed to be an easy job, right? Now we’ve got this giant airship gunning for us, and AHHH---- ~sounds of train car being flipped over~”

The thoughts you received as the HPAT flip are entirely curses against god or pleas to him for protection. Once the dust settled, however, a new, authoritative voice entered the conversation.

“Any still fit to fight, follow me! Any who flee now will have their contract ended. So, who’s with me?”

No one volunteered.

“...Hm; well, enjoy the rest of your lives, then.”

The regular security on board the HPAT, intimidated by the opening salvo from the Alliance, have decided to bail. But at least one figure feels obliged to go down with the ship train. Also, you pick up that the Unobtainium is loaded into cars on the very back end of the train.

--

Team Ground (Wild Bull and Tock)

The destruction is incredible. Train cars fall and pile up like trees in a landslide. The entire front half of the HPAT coils together into an absolute mess, and the back half is pulled sideways from it’s track, drifting over the sands and sending immense plumes of dust into the air.

This is what happens when you challenge a train to a staring contest, and win.

After the absolute cacophony of the HPAT crashing finally stops; there is a surprisingly peaceful silence. Even the engine, which chugged futilely as the train tumbled, realized that it was operating upside-down and fell silent. For a second, it almost seems like you could just walk up to the Unobtainium and take it.

That conceit is shattered when a young woman with an incredibly angry look on her face crawls out of the front car. She stands up, a small trickle of blood running from, her forehead, and points at the two of you.

“My train! My (curse word)ing train! You (curse words)! You absolute pieces of (another curse word)! You ruined my goddamn train! I’m going to (bleeping) kill ALL OF YOU!!!”


Conductor Ravenna
Secret Move: ?????

She holds her cybernetic arm to the sky, and starts inputting commands into a console on her wrist.

Before you can react a large, wild looking man jumps an impressive distance from the center of the train, where the cars formed a buckled and ugly pile. He lands in front of you two, closer than the woman, and lazily waves his sword in the air. If you were to look behind him, you could see the silhouettes of his (former) soldiers, fleeing into the expanse of the wastes.


Badachen, Captain (and now sole member of) the Farroamer Gang
Secret Move: ?????

“An easy job, Hah! As they say, never trust a businessman from Avalon” Despite his complaining, he grins at the two of you, “Do not be ashamed of fighting two-on-one; against me, it would be unfair otherwise!”

--

Team Air (Black Squire, High Gear, Ursula, Ea’Lyiz)

Black Squire’s plan was good. Sure, only Ea’lyiz followed it, but is that really her fault as a captain? And honestly, the outcome was still pretty okay. The grunts hired for defense got scared off, you know that the rough location of the Unobtainium, and you have assets already on the ground to take control of the situation. Really, it would be perfect, if anyone had dealt with the Minnows.

But no one did.

Minnows; I’m imaging 1-2 meter long, flat, blade-shaped drone with a single gun mount. To represent their individual combat power, here’s a picture of a chitzy Space Invader


Hundreds of the little drones surround the Brass Juggernaut, curving below and above the airship in a circling S motion. Their weapons are too weak to penetrate the armor, although chip damage is slowly accruing, but at the same time the Brass Juggernaut’s automated defenses are inadequate against their overwhelming numbers. The real problem, however, is… to put it bluntly, their avoidance software is surprisingly bad. Any sudden moves from the Juggernaut and dozens of the Minnow’s kamikaze into it’s side. Descending the Brass Juggernaut to pickup the Unobtainium would risk a Minnow rush into the engines, and if they go down the whole Caper will need to be scuppered.

The Brass Juggernaut is pinned in the air over the crashed HPAC by the Minnows! Picking any objects or characters off the ground is currently impossible. Letting objects or people down from the Juggernaut to the ground, however, is feasible given the weak armaments of the Minnows.

Team Dust Plumes??? (No One!)

Of the four back cars of the HPAT, three of them contain the Unobtainium shipment from Vladivostok. The fourth one… unfolds itself. It grasps the ground with it’s metallic hands, finds purchases, and rises within the clouds of dust and grit.


METALLICA, The Metal Giant
Secret Move: ?????
Secret Move: ?????

The iron giant scans the battlefield. He reaches down, picks up a long piece of scattered rail track, and hurls it like a javelin into the sky.

Everyone on the Brass Juggernaut feels a shudder run through the ship. Luckily, the improvised weapon didn’t pierce any vital components – this time.

METALLICA scans the ground, searching for a longer spear.

--

The fight for the Unobtainium has begun.

What do you do?

New Houserule! In addition to your normal options when you Assess the situation, you may ask "What secrets are you hiding" in order to reveal one of your opponents SECRET MOVES.

As always, if I messed something up, PM me or yell at me on IRC!

Scrree fucked around with this message at Mar 23, 2017 around 02:41

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

The huge Hologram flickers back to life ahead of the upturned HPAT, with High Gear visible, arms crossed behind his back.

"Oh no", he stated, in mock exasperation "I've been undone!"

________________

The minnow hangars were quiet in the dead of night, with only the occasional, sleepy on-duty guard on nightwatch keeping an eye on them. Far too sparse to pick up on the quiet skittering under the floor grates and poorly lit corners. Too few eyes to keep all the minnows in their field of view at once, to catch armor plate be removed, and then subsequently put back in their place by these tiny invaders.
________________

"Truly, your cavalry has appeared just in time! By the skin of their teeth managing to save you from certain doom!"

________________

The HPAT was under assault. Minnow emergency launch. No time for extensive pre-launch check-up. No time to make checks for unwanted guests.
________________

High Gear extended a right arm horizontally, allowing a small, spiderlike entity with four legs, two graspers and a bulbous body about the size of a basketball climb from behind him and across it, coming to rest on his palm.

"Whatever", he extended a left arm, this time, holding a little pad with an oversized red button on it, "shall I", he hovered the index finger of his other left arm over the button menacingly, "DO!?" a sharp, sudden jab of the button followed, one that resulted in a crisp little *beep*. It also coincided with every single winnow exploding gloriously in mid-air, flanking the Brass Juggernaut in a bright shower of scrap and slag, almost akin to fireworks. This was accentuated by hangar doors at the bottom of the Juggernaut opening and raining a giant swarm of similar creatures to what High Gear was holding to skitter all across the trainwreck below.

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!"

"Watch as your hopes and dreams of victory are effortlessly crushed underfoot by HIGH GEAR", he spoke, derisively, "Your superior in all things cerebral. Really, it's almost insulting to me that you even dared hope that you had a chance against me to begin with."

"Pathetic."

And with that, the hologram winked out of being.


quote:

Theantero: HG uses Draw to make temporary Asset: 'A bunch of Spider Mines'
Theantero: HG burns 2 Plan and Wagers Bunch o' Spider Mines to Execute Plan to Destroy Minnows
Theantero: !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, 7+3 = 10

Sweeet, Sweet Infamy!

Also, the spider mines are a SHARED Asset at the moment. If you feel like you can sensibly Wager or Exhaust them and have it make sense in your fluff, feel free! Try not to waste them on super unlikely rolls though.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Mar 23, 2017 around 03:01

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +2 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

Ea watched as High Gear cleared away the tiny drones assaulting the Brass Juggernaut, and felt oh so conflicted. On the one hand, this was certainly great for the plan, though it was meant to be accomplished before the train was stopped by the mindless animal. But it was still done nonetheless, with minimal damages to the skyship. On the other hand, that was another member of the team who got to show off their prowess, while the alien was still left to sit around and accomplish absolutely nothing. Well, there was discovering the location of the unobtanium, but that was hardly worthy of even being called a task. No, Ea thought, there needed to be something... more. A flicker of hesitation, and then it was gone as the alien started to hover upwards. Without even stopping to look, they said,

[This one has determined the ‘unobtanium’ to be located at the rear side of the High Priority Armored Train, near the unnecessarily oversized mechanical giant. Moving to engage.]

With that, the alien burst out of the command deck towards the outside of the skyship, speeding down at a pace that caught even Ea off guard. They were in perfect form today, it seems. And what better time could there be? Letting a small, brief grin slip past their normally aloof exterior, Ea slammed full force into Metallica as it searched for another makeshift javelin, lifting the mechanical giant from the car it raised itself from. Knocking Metallica onto its back, Ea dazedly stared down from above, still recovering enough to say,

[Pathetic machine, is that all you have? Rise to your feet, lest you desire this one to crush your being now.]

quote:

[22:26] <TheFireMagi> you know what, sure, it's tin can crushing time
[22:26] <TheFireMagi> Ea directly engages METALLICA!
[22:26] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6
[22:26] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 12 = 12

OOC: Choosing to create an opportunity for my allies and impress/surprise/frighten the opposition. Leaving myself open to a counter-blow seems rather appropriate for the situation.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Mar 23, 2017 around 03:03

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +3 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: The Brass Juggernaut


“Oh.”, Percy says in seeming surprise, looking over her shoulder to Gear as she double-checks her carbine. “No, not that. I figured you'd... sorry. Thought it was obvious." There’s a slight wince as she hears the crashing sound of the train. That was unnecessary... but inevitable. Didn't exactly warm her heart to have her words in one ear and out the other, though. Hopefully the cargo would be intact.

To Ursula, she adds, “Is our home zoned for pets?” Loading in a clip, she holsters her weapon before the whole ship rocks. She steadies herself using High Gear's seat.

"Meanwhile, we've got some heroes for you to smart out. Well, I guess there wasn't a way to avoid that.", she says with the light lilt of sarcasm. "Well, just step up the timetable. There's the car with the goods. Let's snatch it.", she says more affirmatively, pointing down towards the train.

Time for a new plan.

But she's not pointing at the right car, in fact, she's pointing at one that's not even near it. But it might be easy to get distracted from that fact with everything going on. What's her angle...?

Trying to distract High Gear from the target and make the Brass Juggernaut into one jumbo-sized distraction! The roll is a 8, so I'll say we get a Plan if he plays the dupe. If he doesn't, we don't.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

High Gear turned to face the Black Squire, no expression seen from behind his blank mask, but a condescending sort of disdain could almost be felt radiating from him.

"Right. Except Ea just told us that the 'goods' are in the rear cars of the train? Learn to pay attention maybe?"

He turned back to his controls with a scoff and a barely audible "moron" escaping his lips.



Riiight, that would have worked, if not for the fact that Ea just informed us about the actual location of the Unobtainium a couple moments ago, so just pointing at the wrong thing probably not enough to sway HG. Also it will allow HG to castigate you on not paying attention when he himself was guilty of not paying attention to what BS said mere moments ago, which is a very HG sort of move

So uh, no Plan, I'm afraid.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Train Tracks


"T-t-t-tock!?" I sputter out, "W-when the hell did you g-get here!?" gently caress! I HATE it when he appears out of nowhere like that! Wait, was he listening in on my conversation with Christie!? Oh poo poo. I grab him by his shirt, and pull him in closer, "You'll tell NOBODY about this!" I growl, "AND STRANGER'S KISS IS CLEARLY A 6/5!"

I should punch him, right in that stupid smug face of his. This was supposed to be MY moment, dammit, and he had to go and ruin it by being a total jerk, like he always is! Does he think he can just mess with me whenever he wants!? NOBODY messes with the Bull! I'm going to do it! I'm going to smash his loving pretty face in! That'll show him!

...Is what I normally would do, but I can't bring myself to actually punch him, and that just pisses me off even more. AGH! What the hell is wrong with me!? Why can't I hurt him!? I never had any problems hurting people before! And I've been practically dreaming of all the different ways I can inflict pain on Tock, and now I can't even do it! gently caress! If I don't get to punch something soon, I'm going to loving explode!

And just like that, a volunteer has arrived. I let go of Tock, and give him the nastiest glare I could, before I turn my attention to the guy with the sword. I walk towards the swordsman, slowly at first, "You've got some baaaaad timing, pal," the black flames slowly start to rise out of my body, "I happen to be really pissed off right now, and buddy, you never want to be around when the Bull is mad."

WOOSH! I charge straight at the swordsman, knocking everything out of my way to get to him, and before he even has a chance to react, I raise up one of my hands in a tight fist, and deliver a punch to his face with an incredible amount of momentum, sending him crashing into one of the train cars. Not that many would be able to stand again after an attack like that, but I almost hope he does so I can continue pounding his face in.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Bull's going to Directly Engage Badachen!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+2 = 10
<Hugzilla> boom

Choosing: • resist or avoid their blows
• impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +3 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: The Brass Juggernaut


"EZ just told you, yeah. this moron's telling you different.", Black Squire continues without missing a beat. "Unfortunately, it's usual Table protocol that the guards are given a dummy car to protect. I mean, you don't think they'd trust waste wretches with that knowledge, right? I mean, they're not geniuses, but you don't hand the Farroamers a guide on how to rob your train."

"Thankfully, I did real legwork on this, not just the brain drain.", she says, pulling out a small container from her coat, the kind of protective shielding you'd use for unobtanium, "And it suited us to have them thinking we're on the wrong track anyway until... now." A slight pause before she snickers. "Heh. Wrong track."

The container's empty, of course.

Let's dig that hole deeper!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Trouble +1 | Superior +0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Train Tracks

Tock smiled as Bull rocketed past him and into the outrider. Had it been a calculated move to make her more angry and focused? Yes. Was it actually quite mean? Yes. Did he enjoy when she got that conflicted look in her eye? Yes. Did he wish she'd just give in and kiss him? Yes. Was he actually going to say that out loud? No.

"For the record, that was actually very impressive, Bull." He called after her. Before turning his attention to his opponent.

Tock looked at Conductor Ravenna "Goodness, looks like your job really went off the RAILS. But don't worry, I'm sure that with adequate reTRAINing you'll be able to get back on TRACK. I'd say if you work really really hard, follow your dreams, believe in yourself. You too could get suplexed by my friend there." He thumbed over at Wild Bull. Taking a long slow sip of his drink.

But for now, you'll just have to deal with me. Pretty nice of you to give me a lift all the way from the factory. I must say, I had great fun playing with you all. But sadly the fun has reached the end of the line. You can TOOT your horn all you want. But let's not get any signals crossed, we're taking your cargo. So, you can CHOO-CHOOse to surrender, or we can throw down."

His barrage of train puns delivered, Tock watched his chosen opponent carefully. While doing so, he took the time to put a call into Black Squire. Making sure to broadcast to everyone. After all, if you're going to make an announcement of your presence, do it as loudly as you can.

"Why hello there Squire. I thought I'd make a head start and scouted out the facility itself. I've also scuppered their long range communications. I might have also planted a few small explosives around the place. Just to keep them entertained. And might I also say while I'm at it, how fabulous you look captaining High Gears blimp. It's a significant improvement on the looks and personality of it's normal captain. Perhaps we should make it a permanent change?"

- - -

4:29 PM Tock will assess the situation +Superior
4:29 PM !r 2d6
4:29 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 6 = 6
Scrree, I'm not sure if I can apply the Agenda boost in this case or not. If I can it's a 7, if not it's a 6.

+1 Curses anyway


6:40 PM S<Scrree> ArashiOfOrdo3; here's my ruling: The agenda bonus should be declared/added before the roll, but in this case I'll allow you to retcon your 2d6+0=6 into a 2d6+1=7 if you wish since that wasn't clear from the rules.
6:40 PM S<Scrree> You won't get to Mark Curses because you didn't 'actually' roll a 6.
6:41 PM S<Scrree> But you also won't eat a Hard Move.

I'll take that, final roll result 7
- What here can I use to 'humiliate the Conductor and make Black Squire look good while doing it?

- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Mar 25, 2017 around 18:54

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

Once again, High Gear swiveled on his chair to face Black Squire. But he seemed different this time, even though due to his mask no expression could be shown. More deliberate, less haughty. It seemed like for the first time during this entire caper he was actually looking at the girl with a degree of seriousness.

"I see", he finally stated, tone matter of fact instead of mocking, "That is interesting to know. I suppose you really are one of the few people on this get-up that can be trusted to do a fairly good, professional sort of job."

Without further word, he turned back to the controls, and soon enough the Brass Juggernaut took a sharp turn to seaboard.

"Right", High Gear stated on the team's private communicator channel, "According to new intel provided by our illustrious captain, it is standard protocol of the opposition to give the guards a dummy train car to protect. According to her own snooping the Unobtainium is actually hidden in cars number 4 and 6, instead of the back three ones not counting for the giant mech."

There is a short silence.

"Right. Since it turns out your input for this whole detail was completely unnecessary as always, Ea, how about you make yourself actually useful for once and try to incapacitate the thing without destroying it so that we can loot it too? Anything that can hurl debris hard enough to damage the Juggernaut would be useful to have."


OOC: We get the Plan after all

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +2 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +0
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Train Tracks

Basking in the afterglow of their successful assault on Metallica, it takes Ea several moments to realize the fact that High Gear is addressing them. Even then, it takes another few to process what he’s actually saying. Dummy train? Cars number 4 and 6? What even was the fool going on about? By the end of it, Ea still wasn’t entirely sure, but one thing came through loud and clear.

[Unnecessary? Are you claiming this one’s information was falsified, or otherwise mistaken? Because you shall retract such an accusation at once if so, man of metal, lest you have the evidence to prove as much. This knows not nor cares not what the candled one has said, but they are undoubtedly incorrect in their belief that the ‘unobtanium’ is in any position besides where this one is now.]

Turning their back on Metallica, Ea stares up at the Brass Juggernaut as they continue to telespeak, despite the fact that doing so more or less has no purpose.

[Furthermore, you shall retract the absurd assertion that this one has never been useful, man of metal. Ignoring that this one has discovered the truthful location of the ‘unobtanium’, and that this one has struck a devastating blow against this mechanical giant, such derogation should be directed to the shackled inventor. Who, this one is remindful of, has accomplished little for this plan except intimidating a group of ordinary guards that this one or any of the associates could handle with ease.]

Pausing now, Ea gave thought to what High Gear was actually asking of them. Luteing aside (that was not an actual verb, man of metal!), it was clear even to the technologically… lacking alien that such a mechanical creature could be useful for study by several members of their group. And it would be a worthy enough challenge, would it not? Yet simply acquiescing to High Gear’s demand after he was so blatantly demeaning was absolutely unacceptable. Thinking that, Ea continued,

[However! Your wrongfully aimed disrespect being put aside, man of metal, this one shall graciously consider of what you ask… so long as you bow your head and admit your mistake in accusing this one of uselessness for all to hear. Then, and only then, perhaps this will one follow through.]

OOC: Responding to High Gear, Ea lets the salt flow through them.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

A condescending sort of tone filled the channel, once again.

"You read their minds to figure out where the Unobtainium is", High Gear explained, in an exaggeratedly slow sort of tone, the kind you might take if explaining things to people you thought were a bit slow, "Or to be more specific, where they thought the Unobtainium was. Which will mean exactly nothing if their company policy is to give them wrong instructions in the first place."

"So to reiterate, since your grasp on basic listening comprehension seems to be rather low, I'm not doubting your telepathy. Just the veracity of the information thus gathered. Understood?", there was a snort, "I doubt it, but that's still all the explanation you'll be given."

"And as for your juvenile begging for acknowledgment before being willing to be of use to this outfit? Haha, no. You'll have to actually work for that. If your ego gets in the way of doing your job then just stand aside and let the actually capable among us handle it."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +2 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


"Mmm yes that's all very fascinating. No wait that other word, tedious. Well while you were arguing over... usefulness I was engaging in it." I have N-Prime push me up to high gear so he can see the tactical feed of my battle droids. Well the B series is labeled as such but they are merely utility droids optimized for a task like the others, but their enhanced durability make them good scouts. "I dropped my droids and had them storm all the cars in the time it took you to decide which one to start with. Oh my look at that it was in any of them, so I have now located it."

The droids are tearing apart the walls of the train. It is hard to obverse them with their kinetic fields lighting up as every bullet sling and knife are deflected away. Their propulsion system uses the same kinetic energy to glide along the ground, so even if they are unharmed they are suppressed. The semblance of effectiveness works towards our advantage and keeps the guards firing. They don't need to move they have already done their job.

I open a channel with our agents on the ground floor. "Car 2. Security is currently having a fire fight with kinetic field equipped droids. It will take ages to break through the defenses, longer than for them to realize that the droids are poorly armed and can be fought without projectiles. So please do not squander this opening."

Execute the plan, distract security 10

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.


Everybody: The second after High Gear hits his detonator; the sky begins to crackle with explosions. Every Minnow becomes a small bomb, and their simple A.I. has no clue how to mitigate the damage. They slam into each other, compounding the explosions, and from a distance it almost looks a fireworks show.

Luckily for those on the ground, the destruction in the air is so thorough that most of the debris is vaporized or blasted far outside of the battle field. Most. For the next scene drops of flaming oil, scraps of metal, and screw bits will rain lazily from the sky.

When the Spider Mines finally finish their job, the Brass Juggernaut is surrounded by a think cloud of smoke, and thousands of new scratches have appeared in it’s armor.

But it’s free to maneuver, and under High Gear’s Most Competent command, it descends.

Plank Cleared! High Gear has eliminated the air guard around the HPAT. Now there is nothing hindering the Brass Juggernaut's mobility in the air!


--

If technological superiority won the air war, then the same story repeats itself on the ground. Ursula’s droids move efficiently, and most of the remaining security simply retreats at the sight of them. Any who resist are effectively pinned down, slightly deafened by the explosions above them, and above all just wanting this bad day to end.

Hunter droids move from car to car. Rip through the wall, Unobtainium sensor ‘sniffs’ the air – nothing. Next. Nothing. Next. Nothing. The Brass Juggernaut hovers over the location Black Squire pointed out. Strong cables descend from the bottom of the great airship. There is a bitter argument between Ursula’s droids and High Gear’s magitech robots.

“Master High Gear has given orders: connect the cables to the cars containing the Unobtainium. You will follow his orders.”

“Error: No Unobtainium On Site.”

“Master High Gear has given orders: there is Unobtainium below the Brass Juggernaut. You will attach the cables to the cars containing Unobtainium.”

“Error: Sensors Confirm. No Unobtainium On Site.”

“If there is no Unobtainium here, where is it located?”

“Error: Data Not Available”

“01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110101 01110011 01100101 01101100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01110000 01101001 01100101 01100011 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100001 01110000 !!!”

“Processing… Processing… Calculated Reply: Rude.”

Plank Cleared! No forces on the ground can interrupt the looting of the Unobtainium from the crashed HPAT, but there is a slight problem – the Brass Juggernaut has descended out of position, and without proper orders, the automated underlings of your Alliance lack the communication skills to actually find the rare material.

--

One question remains: Who will be the one to rectify this error, and actually fulfill the purpose of this entire expedition by grabbing the Unobtainium?

--

Ea’Lyiz: Of course, you knew the entire time where the Unobtainium was, and if that blasted man of metal had just believed you, this would’ve all been so much easier! You’re always right, and High Gear should realize that!

...

Hm, what was that noise behind you. Was Metallica’s visor always glowing red?

Metallica marks Angry

Wait, when did he get back on his feet, anyways?

Before you can even think to dodge, the iron giant swats you downwards like an insect. As your face smashes into the dusty ground, one thought dominates your mind: what earth creature DARES TO SWAT a noble Hymfazther such as yourself???

Mark Angry

As you rebound off of the ground, you catch a glimpse of Metallica’s core through the hole in his chest. It is burning, pulsing, surging with energy. Black iron moves faster than should be possible, the top of half of Metallica spins 360 degrees as he gathers momentum – the metal giant follows his downward strike with a full-powered uppercut.

SECRET MOVE 1/2 (one of two) Triggered! Metallica, Strength of Iron: The first time Metallica marks a condition, he makes the nearest vulnerable PC Take a Powerful Blow at -2.

Take a Powerful Blow at -1 (due to your single condition)

There is one source of relief for you as you fly skyward. The giant put too much of himself into his strike. His left foot lifted off of the ground, and of his right foot, with all of his immense weight concentrated underneath it, buckled the soft, dusty earth under him. The giant stumbles, tries to collect himself, fails, and tumbles into a shallow ditch next to the HPAT rails with a thunderous clanking.

It’ll take more than a few seconds for the giant to get himself back on his feet. Thanks to you, the Unobtainium is completely unguarded. If you can just collect yourself, you’re sure you can reach it first.

If.

What do you do?

--

Took: Well, this is an interesting problem. The Conductor is screaming like a tantruming toddler, you’re sure it’d be easy to move forward and make her day a lot worse. But how to make Black Squire look good while doing that? Hmm.

...Ravenna punches the front car with her cybernetic arm, “Work, dammit!” You here a pop as the first several cars disconnect themselves from the rest of the HPAT…

Maybe you could set up some kind of incredible sniper shot? Black Squire is quite the markswoman, as you learned at breakfast earlier. That’s a start, but it lacks punch.

...The engine, silent since Wild Bull’s suplux, begins to stir again. The Conductor grins manically, and reenters the train through a hatch that you would swear wasn’t there a second ago…

The thing is, you need it to be public, you need it to be noticeable, and you need it to be important, and --- what the hell is happening to the train?

SECRET MOVE 1/1 (one of one) Triggered! Conductor Ravenna, High Tech Evolution: If Ravenna is allowed one turn without being directly interacted with, she can activate her Super-Mode.

Ravenna’s super mode isn't actually this, but it's essentially this:

The HPAT Mobile

Metal connects to metal in a way you don’t expect. The front car stands up, showing itself to the world proudly. “Hahahahaha!” Ravenna’s laugh booms from a speaker inside her newly formed mecha. You can hear the smile on her face. “You thought you stopped the HPAT? Well, I’m sorrow to inform you, but--” The HPAT Mobile sets one hand on the ground, and then charges forward towards the Brass Juggernaut in a dead sprint, “This train doesn’t stop until I! Tell! It! To!”

You stand directly in front of the charge, but that’s no problem. Slowing time, you shift the perfect distance away from the charging mecha, letting it miss you by inches. A small, smug, smile on your face just like always, and – ack! A sudden choking on your neck! Your shirt! Your cool, loose fitting Hawaiian shirt! The fabric catches on the a bent, hook-like piece of metal on the back heal of the HPAT Mobile. You’re being dragged along!

The situation becomes rapidly worse as you feel the mecha leap into the air. For a second, you imagine yourself smashed under it’s feet, and you’re heart skips a few beats --Tick Tick Tick Tock Tick Tick! -- But that doesn’t happen. Instead, the HPAT Mobile slams into the side of something – the bridge of the Brass Juggernaut – and it’s metal fingers grip deeply into the airship’s armored side.

Dangling in the air from the heel of the mecha, you at least have an answer to your question: Ravenna’s control of the mecha obviously stems from her cypernetic right arm. Any blow to Ravenna’s arm inside the cockpit would sever her control of the mecha, and if Black Squire’s the one to take the shot – it’d look drat impressive.

The people inside the Brass Juggernaut can’t see you dangling. Ravenna doesn't even seem to know you're there. People on the ground, however... That depends if they’re paying attention to airship or not…

Tock isn't trapped underneath the HPAT Mobile, merely re-positioned to the outside of the Brass Juggernaut's bridge in a fairly embarrassing way.

Hold +1 Forward to making Ravenna Vulnerable, or assisting Black Squire in landing a disabling blow.


What do you do?

--

Team Airship (High Gear, Black Squire, Ursula): Any tension that emerges from the realization that the Unobtainium isn’t where Black Squire said it would be is – if not broken, at least pushed back – by the sudden arrival of a Train Mecha and it’s furious pilot on the nose of the Brass Juggernaut.

“How do YOU like it!” Ravenna yells through the coms. With one hand holding onto the Brass Juggernaut, and other is free to begin punching the bridge armor.

Clang! Clang! Clang! Angry and effective blows begin to echo throughout the airship. She’ll break through sooner rather than later, and seems entirely unconcerned with the safety of the Unobtainium. Punishing you for breaking her train is her top priority.

This is kind of an emergency

What do you do?


--

Wild Bull: Your fist wipes the smile (and a small amount of nose cartilage) from Badachen’s face. He flies back towards an upended train car, but instead of a satisfying crash, you feel a sudden gust of wind rush past you and lift him upwards.Automatic wind rescue? Maybe the blessing of some air spirit. Interesting, and annoying.. He lands unsteadily on top of the train, blood gushing from his now broken nose, “Woah! Woah! Woah!” He yells, “Woah!” one last time for good measure.

Badachen marks Afraid.

“Lady, please! I’m just a working stiff, trying to support a family!” He lies, “Look, if you want to to take your anger out on something, try...” His eyes searched wildly for a moment, before settling on something in the sky.

SECRET MOVE 1/1 (one of one) Triggered: Badachen, Skilled Coward: The first time Badachen marks a condition, he Provokes a PC as if he rolled a 7-9.

“Try that up there!” He points towards the mecha hammering away at the bridge of the Brass Juggernaut. “When me and my crew signed on to this job, we told we’d be given a half-hour warning if the train engine was set to Self-Destruct Mode, as it would destroy everything with a distance of --- Look, Ravenna seemed pretty pissed off, I can't tell you what she'll do, and if you care about anyone on that ship, that thing up there is what you need to take care of!”

From what you can tell, he’s too scared to be bullshitting you. Badachen is unimportant, in the grand scheme of things, and protecting the Brass Juggernaut (and your Love, Black Squire) is required to keep the mission going.

Other than the fact that it'll leave him completely unchecked, what Badachen is suggesting almost seems like... a good plan?

Badachen provokes Wild Bull to stop pummeling him, and instead retreat to the Brass Juggernaut and make sure it stays safe! If she allows herself to be provoked, the Alliance will gain +1 Plan, if she does anything else, the Plan will be lost.

What do you do?

Scrree posted:


Obtain the Unobtainable, Break the Unbreakable – Choo-Choo, Fight For Power!
A Capers! Production - Directed and Produced by Scrree, starring Black Squire as the Mastermind.

Heat Rating: 2 > 3! – The distance from Avalon City is a key factor for this low Heat Rating, yet the HPAT is an expected target for villainous plots. Dally too long, and backup will arrive!

Planks: 3 – These three Planks must be overcome before the train cars carrying the Unobtainium can be loaded into the Brass Juggernaut!

You must take out (Through Force or Sabotage) the drones guarding the air around the HPAT – the Minnows!
Lightly Armored, lightly armed, but cheap as can be – the Minnows are the ‘next generation of cost effective security’ from Luguscorp. The defense of the HPAT will be their maiden voyage, and they’re deployed in frightening number. Thinning their numbers while they’re grounded would be the most efficient way to deal with, but if you can outpower them enough in the field, who needs efficiency?

You’ll need to keep Train Security busy. - Rumor has it that the HPAT is being guarded by a rough band of nomads used to the dangers of the wild between Avalon and Vladivostok. Their capabilities aren't public knowledge within Avalon City, but they’ll need to kept busy before the Unobtainium can be secured.

You must stop the HPATSimple as that. While the idea of loading violate Unobtainium from the ground to the air while moving is stupidly cool, it’s also stupidly stupid. Don’t risk another Vladivostok Debacle; stop the train, then get the goods.

All planks are crossed off! All that remains is to Snatch Victory!

Scrree fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2017 around 22:40

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +2 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry | Location: Train Tracks

Ea lets out a decidedly unseemly but very much well deserved snort as both Ursula and High Gear’s mechanical creations fail to find the unobtanium. Of course they did! It wasn’t there! Was that not what Ea had been saying all this time? It was here! Right here! If they had simply listened to the alien as they (and every other child of Earth) should have in the first place, they could have spared themselves the embarrassment. But no, they took the Black Squire’s word over Ea’s for what was certainly some completely inane and absurd reason. Well, the fools aboard the skyship got what they deserved did they not? Absolutely nothing. Now all the alien had to do was acquire the unobtanium themself, and then they could-

That train of thought paused as a loud mechanical creaking sounded out throughout the battlefield, giving the alien pause. Very slowly turning around, Ea’s mind very quickly coming to an unfortunate conclusion, they faced Metallica just in time to see the Metal Giant raise a Metal Giant Hand. Dodge? Interrupt? Possibly quip? Before Ea could decide, the hand came down, smacking the alien down to the ground. Seething now, their many eyes all rolled up in pure rage, intending to enact retribution upon this accursed machine. As Ea did, however, they caught the full motion of Metallica quickly rearing back for an uppercut...

quote:

[18:40] <TheFireMagi> Ea'lyiz takes a powerful blow from being swatted!
[18:41] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6-2
[18:41] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 7-2 = 5
[18:41] <Yamifenrir> -2?
[18:41] <Scrree> -1, because you have a condition.
[18:41] <Yamifenrir> fairly sure that should be +
[18:41] <Scrree> but
[18:41] <TheFireMagi> i just read the prompt :v
[18:41] <TheFireMagi> should have read the line under that though!
[18:41] <Scrree> Nah, it's a Secret Move that applies a Powerful Blow at -2 like Gigaton's.
[18:41] <Yamifenrir> oh, I see
[18:42] <TheFireMagi> so it should be a -1, so a 6?
[18:42] <Scrree> Yes, you scraped by.
[18:42] <TheFireMagi> counting that as still not having failed a roll! :x

...but not quick enough, as it turned out, with the earlier impact appearing to be severe enough to hinder Metallica’s movement. It wasn’t by a significant amount, but it was just enough that Ea had the opportunity to thrust themself backward through the air, being blown away more by the force of the attack moreso than the actual impact. Not that avoiding the brunt of the damage did anything for the alien’s temper, having been thoroughly tested by all the incompetence and disrespect going on around. First the man of metal was so crude, and now just the metal part? Would such insufferability ever cease? Likely not, so long as Ea remained on this planet. So be it then. If High Gear needed to be given definite proof that he was an utter fool, then Ea was more than happy to give it. Leaving Metallica fallen in the dirt, the alien zoomed through the air into the remaining train cars. Oh, and look at what they found exactly where they said it was!

quote:

[18:46] <TheFireMagi> Ea'lyiz tries to snatch the Unobtanium while Metallica is down!
[18:46] <Theantero> promptss
[18:46] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6
[18:46] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 8 = 8
[18:47] <Scrree> Ea'Lyiz Snatches Victory! Heat is Three! The Heroes are slow to react! Next prompt, everyone in the Alliance takes a +1 forward!

Moments later, Ea hovers out with as much of the ore they could carry underneath their arms, which was a fair amount considering their inhuman strength. It was at times like this the alien wished they possessed telekinesis as some of the other Hymfazther did… ah, well. Make the best of what you have, which was still more than the majority of these fools could offer. Releasing a deep and very pent up breath of annoyance, Ea’lyiz sent back to those aboard the Brass Juggernaut,

[If the associates are most finished with their ineptitude of the highest caliber, then this one has acquired the ‘unobtanium.’ Destroy the being of unsightliness assaulting the skyship so this one may return already. Unless the associates require this one to do that job as well.]

OOC: Victory snatched, boss. That's +1 Infamy for Snatching Victory, and +1 Curses for 'failing' to Take a Powerful Blow. The team also takes a +1 forward next prompt, as Scrree mentioned.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2017 around 04:30

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: Angry | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

High Gear's many limbs danced over the control panels at an ever increasing pace as the scan results came in and the drone chatter filled his ears. And then the conductor's mecha slammed into the side of his baby. No. None of this was going as it was supposed to be going. The Unobtainium wasn't where it was supposed to be. The Juggernaut was woefully out of position. And then the alien's smug declaration hit his mind like a slightly coagulated ball of frying grease.

Humiliating. But it at least proved that there was only one person who could take the blame.

"YOUU..!" High Gear swiveled on his chair, an accusatory finger already pointing at the Black Squire, "YOU did this!" the man was basically roaring as he launched from his seat, mask and power armor failing to conceal the clear body language of rage.

Marking Angry

As High Gear reached the Black Squire, he was quick to grab her by the collar (for whilst he couldn't be described as particularly superpowered, power armor still overpowered a person fairly easily) and slam her against the nearest wall. He leaned in, facemask close to the pinned girl, "You would dare toy with my ship? With MY goals..?" he tilted his head ever so slightly "What are you playing at..?" he snarled, not waiting too long for an answer before slapping the girl across the face with a backhand and basically roaring.

"ANSWER ME!"

quote:

Theantero: High Gearing is Provoking the Black Squire!
Theantero: !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8+3 = 11
Scrree: Theantero: This time is special because you self-marked Angry, but I will count High Gear ignoring the fact a Train Mecha is slamming the bridge armor of his airship in order to flip out on a teammate as 'breaking something important'.

Come clean about your reasoning for lying about the location of the Unobtainium. We get +1 Plan if you do, you take a Condition if you don't!

Theantero fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2017 around 23:53

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +2 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


Oh no. The whole ornate monstrosity of High Gear's shakes when it takes a real blow. My chair tilts and falls over from the impact. Ow. And of course we have more important things than our own safety. There's bruised egos to nurse! Nevermind we had time to check every car. This argument is literally pointless. With the rest of the crew useless (far be it from me to distract Percy from killing High Gear), I will need to press a different candidate into service.

N-Prime falls over next to me (ugh, have to tweak the glider's balance) and I open my mind out to Ea'lyiz. "Our fearless vice leader is losing his poo poo over mistaken proposals as to which car to check first. Side note, I will sweep for scan disruptions next time. To digress, the safety of the crew is being forgotten for much more trivial matters. Ea, my friend, be a dear and assist me when you bring the prize to the ship. Surely you can be more useful than this metal cased wind bag.

Provoke 8. Ea helps Ursula stay safe or take a condition

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +3 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: The Brass Juggernaut


Wincing for a moment with the blow, when Squire opens her eyes, her attention is steady. "You went and announced our heist to the authorities, Einstein! Do that after you get the loot!" A slight pause. "So the new plan is to use your ship as a big distraction while EZ and Bully get the goods!" Her tone softens as she squints. "Oh, what, you don't like somebody messing with your plans because they think they're smarter? How does it feel? Wait, no, I already know-" Her voice rises."- because that's all you've futzing done while you've been with us! So of course I lied! You wouldn't have agreed if I was honest!"

Using the ability of comics to speechify in the moment and fulfilling the provoke to provide a Plan. Got an actual move once Tardzilla's posted up!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: Angry | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

"Shut up, girl", High Gear snarled and gave the Black Squire a little shake to accentuate his point, "This is my mission. My plot. You're in charge in name only. You know why? You know why that is, huh?" another little shake, "It's because you're no plotter. You lack the mental means to make a good mastermind. All you are is a glorified henchman, with the aptitude to match. ALL you ever had was a reputation for competence, and my fairly sincere belief that you could be trusted to do a good job. But then you had to go and prove all that wrong by derailing a mission that was going perfectly well with your moronic ineptitude", as well as giving the obnoxious alien something to use against him that she would undoubtedly never, ever let him live down, but that was not something High Gear deemed necessary to verbally state, "So if you cannot even do that one thing I thought you could, then I'm afraid I'll have to conclude you're worthless."


quote:

Theantero: right
Theantero: as I recall our convo yesterday, I'm allowed to reactively Reject BS here
Theantero: since she was abusing my goodwill and all
Theantero: Extra Special GM-allowance Influence Rejection by HG against BS! (+1 for Influence)
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8+1 = 9


I cancel their Influence and take +1 forward against them, since with her actions the Black Squire has contradicted the good hings HG believed about her, and abused his trust to boot.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2017 around 15:23

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +0 | Danger +2 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Saturday Night Slam Masters


poo poo. As much as I want to keep beating this loser's face in, I can't let that train... mecha... thing destroy the Brass Juggernaut. Percy's still in there, and she's the only person on this team who's worth a drat.

I turn my back to the swordsman, "I'll let you go, but don't you ever show your face around me ever again. Or else," I look back at him over my shoulder, "I'll break more than your nose next time."

OOC: Accepting the provoke, so that gives us +1 plan!

I take off into a full sprint towards the Brass Juggernaut, and take one, giant leap into the air. I land, right back onto the ship, and turn to face the mecha that's pounding away at the bridge. "Hey!" I yell out, "As much as I'd love to see you smash this hunk a' crap into pieces, I'm afraid I can't let you do that when there's someone I sorta like inboard!" I charge, straight at the robot, "So how about," I skid to a stop next to it, plant my feet down, and reared my arm back, "You go gently caress OFF somewhere else!" and WHAM! I hit the thing with a powerful uppercut, sending it flying straight into the air, and away from the ship.

Oh, but I'm not done. I'm never done when it comes to breaking things. I jump straight after the robot, and grab it in mid-air while it's turned upside-down. "BULL DIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!" I shout out, as I drive the mecha, head-first, back into the dusty wasteland below us.

KABOOM! There's a giant explosion as soon as it impacts the ground, creating a huge crater where the tracks used to be. I casually walk out of the plume of dust, with barely a scratch on me. "Tch," I say, as I look at my tattered clothing, "And this was my favorite jacket, too."

quote:

<HugzillaPhone> Bull is going to Directly Engage the trai mecha by PILEDRIVING IT INTO A BUNCH OF MINES (+1 wagering mines assets)
<HugzillaPhone> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 12+3 = 15
<Theantero> HAHAH
<TheFireMagi> HELL YES.
<HugzillaPhone> hahahahhaahhaha
<Yamifenrir> hahaha
<Scrree> BHAHHAHAHAHA
<TheFireMagi> BOXCARS PILEDRIVER, BABY.
<TheFireMagi> yeah team 2 > team 1, confirmed
<HugzillaPhone> i think i did it guys

• resist or avoid their blows
• impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Trouble +1 | Superior +0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Train Tracks

It was, Tock reflected, a bit of a mixed day. He was dragged along in the wake of the Mech's jump. Choking wasn't a bother. It just took a little adjustment in frozen time. By the time they arrive on the side of the eyesore of a blimp. Tock had already decided that this was a pain. He was already getting ignored by the team. Now he was getting ignored by the conductor.

What a pity that this was exactly what he wanted.

"Black Squire. The mech on the airship side is controlled through the pilots right arm. Damaging or severing this should quickly overcome the threat it presents. I will provide you with a target. Please open fire."

With that Tock stepped off the mech, and marched up the side of the ship, opening the door, and climbing inside. He searched quickly for a flair and a magnate. Tying them together, and with a quick little enchantment, Tock climbed back out and carefully placed the contraption at just the right spot. A bullet would activate the spell, which would go boom. Meanwhile the flare would draw attention to the target.

Even High Gear could hit that. Mostly due to the magnate.

- - -

9:50 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 You've activated my trap card! (+1 additional from Assess roll)
9:50 PM !r 2d6+3
9:50 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 9+3 = 12
9:50 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Noice
Opening or opportunity against the conductor, +1 for pursuing it.

- - -

Yes, it was perfect. Black Squire would look like a deadly accurate gunman/woman. The mech would be...

Why was Ivy clinging onto the mech? When did she...

Ah.

Tock watched blankly as Bull pulled the mech into a pile driver that while stunningly impressive, did make pulling this off a lot harder. Okay Tock, deep breaths. He moved back to the cockpit. Strolling through the door. Drink still in hand.

"If you're going to have a tantrum High Gear, I'll treat you like the child you're being, and put you on the naughty step. Hello the rest of you. Nice weather we're having."

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 21:25

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +2 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +0
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Paranoid | Location: Train Tracks

Ea narrows their many eyes as Ursula thinkspeaks back to the alien, instantly on guard. What trickery was this? The shackled inventor was asking for their help? Not that there was anything amiss with the pathetic children of Earth being the ones needing assistance, of course, but from Ursula in particular it was nothing short of suspicious. Wasn’t that long ago after all that she was so openly rebellious, so impudent, so antagonistic. And now here she was, calling for assistance, using the word [/i]friend?[/i]. This was either a trap, or Ursula had completely shifted her tone after just a week. And considering how utterly insufferable humans had proven to be, the second was quite unlikely, so...

[Do not think this one manipulated so easily, shackled inventor. What scheme you may have hatched, what trap you may have set, will not be fallen for. Deal with this being on your own-]

Ea’s words were interrupted by a large explosion, the wind from which was felt even from where they were floating. Had the mindless animal actually just done that? Grappled the second mechanical amalgamation, and slammed it into High Gear’s explosives? It was enough to leave the alien stunned for a few seconds. Not because they were impressed (though for a child of Earth, it was admittedly a fair display of power), but out of realization that if they had attempted to assist Ursula if asked, they would very likely have gotten caught up in that ‘little’ mess. So that was Ursula’s game, was it? A pathetic attempt, but it only fanned the already raging flames in Ea’s heart. Whether it was for their incompetence, their audacity, or their outright plans for betrayal, the children of Earth were completely and entirely untrustworthy on any level. Each and every single one of them.

OOC: Rejecting Ursula’s Provoke, and marking Paranoid for it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +0 | Trouble +3 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: The Brass Juggernaut


Black Squire frowns, rubbing her bruised cheek before snatching up a sniper rifle just outside the bridge. "You're alone next time we go to the meeting table, wally.", she replies before then clambering up a ladder, heading towards the roof of the craft.

Shortly thereafter, she comes up, properly dramatic as her coat and 'tails flutter in the wind as she pops the clip out of the rifle, pulling out an crimson followed by an azure bullet. Slipping the blue one into the chamber by hand, the red goes atop the clip before she slams it back in. Her body language of determination indicates she's certainly in a mood to shoot something. Raising a finger in a quick gesture, a translucent, golden weathercock blossoms forth, hovering in midair. Rooster's Intuition is hardly a cantrip you'd see in the eyes of most soldiers or knights, more of use by farmers or sailors. But Squire glances to get a wind reading out of it before she sights in and tugs the trigger.

The first shot hits, and the flare explodes, getting her to squint with the unexpected light. However, ice crystallizes where the bullet picks up fills the gap for the moment, spiking outward in angular icicles. It actually holds the arm on for a moment, but that's only a moment as she catches the first shell in her hand. As soon as she gets her hand back to the trigger, she pulls and the second shot hits. A burst of flame causes the ice to vanish and burn away, the temperature stress combined with the flare getting the armor and internal mechanisms to shatter impressively into molten blobs that scatter across the 'mech.

Catching the second shell, she puts the two back into her pocket. No use letting the activation wards on them go to waste. "All booaard!", she calls out to the others as loudly as she can, before providing much cheaper covering fire against the trainbot.

An 11 (2d6 + 2 from Tock + 1 from Asset) on Directly Engage will let her Take Something From Ravenna (arm or the ship, take your pick) and Avoid Ravenna's Blows.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Mar 29, 2017 around 04:04

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.


oops nm

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at Mar 29, 2017 around 03:59

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: Angry | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

"Wait, me, wh-" High Gear sputtered as he turned to address the suddenly appeared Tock (a supremely annoying habit the creature possessed), whilst at the same time squirming to try and keep hold of the Black Squire, which turned out to be a futile effort as the girl freed herself with an almost indignant huff and left the bridge. Hopefully to make herself actually useful. Unlike this worthless piece of magic clockwork right here.

"-...You. Who the hell do YOU think you are? What authority do you think YOU have?", having reclaimed his composure after the momentary surprise, High Gear snorted in a dismissive, if somewhat irate sort of way, "It takes a particular kind of idiotic gall of the least useful member of this entire goddamn outfit to think themselves so smugly superior. To come to my airship, to complain about the way I do things, when I'm the greatest net contributor to this whole affair by far. Whilst you come here to screw around and try to chastise me when you have achieved... what, exactly? Sneaking into the train in advance? Hell, even the alien neet has been more useful than you. Pathetic."

High Gear extended one of his metal arms and pointed at Tock in a rather accusatory manner. "In fact, I've seen you do exactly jack poo poo except cheerlead for your idiot girlfriend here. Is that why you're here? To kiss her rear end for whatever puerile reason? If so, do it on your own goddamn time instead of wasting mine, since I won't hesitate for a moment to boot your dainty elven butt off of this ship if you refuse to actually meaningfully contribute."

Scoffing one more time, and muttering something under his breath about 'perfidious fae', High Gear turned to the control panel once more. "And yeah if you could actually get on with that", High Gear put a hand on large lever as he spoke, "that would be great. I've got more important things to deal with, such as relocating the Juggernaut that your oh so mature crush led astray due to juvenile pettiness", his speech ended with a groan and a rumble, as the anti-grav boosters of the Juggernaut awoke to give it some lift.

Accusing Tock of having an Agenda: Trying to make Black Squire look good or succeed for whatever reason (maybe he has a crush on her? Maybe he wants to manipulate her? Maybe just for fun??? Who knows, his motivations are irrelevant, only the thing he tries to achieve matters)

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger -1 | Trouble +1 | Superior +0 | Menace +2
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Train Tracks

Tock watched High Gear scream and pout. A wir smile on his face. The same expression one would wear if they bated someone to run into a glass door. Only in High Gears case he hit the glass and plowed into a table as well.

"Looks like someone's not had their nap. Are we getting tuckered out little guy? Do you want to go nap nap?" Tock said, clearly highly amused at the latest declarations that the rusty tin can kid was making. "Do not talk to me as though you command my respect. You are a child, surrounding yourself with your building blocks, and screaming when someone dares touch them." he shook his head sadly.

"I require no authority, I have no need to prove myself to you. But it's very sweet you think I care for your opinions. Even if you're wildly off mark with your frankly abysmal assessment skills. Keep trying! Maybe one day you'll actually not be a disappointment to everyone around you!" Tock gave him a BIG thumbs up. Turned to walk away, but then stopped.

"Oh, and one more thing." Tock flicked from his place, to right behind High Gear. "As funny as it would be watching you trying and failing to throw me off your blimp with delusions of grandeur almost as large as your own. Why don't you realise that if you try it, I will rip you out of your tin can faster then the nurions in your head can transmit the spark of electricity to form the first concept of the first syllable of the words "Oh I hosed up" in that garbage pail you call a brain." warning/threat/promise delivered in the warmest tone possible, Tock flashed away, making his way to the top of the ship. Looking down on the train cart. He needed to get down there... how...? Ahh, Black Squire's bullet casing spun lazily through the air. Perfect. Tock moved close to it. Ready to ride it down to the ground. He wouldn't be able to ascend again without effort. But the ship was a monument to the compensation that High Gear needed for that which nature had so cruelly (and yet so correctly) denied him.

Separated from the normal flow of time, Tock just had to wait to see the next moment, and the choice of what needed his attention next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +3 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: Angry | Cards: 2 | Location: The Brass Juggernaut

High Gear merely snorted as the sprite left the premises. Once again his verbal opponent had devolved into name calling without even attempting to counter the actual point he had made, or even engaged the crux of his argument, and then escaped from the scene. A scenario more than well known to him. And once more he had emerged the victor. The intellectual superior.

With an idle hand, he retrieved a small, brass bound booklet from a hidden compartment in his suit, and opened it on a page featuring Tock's name, accompanied by a number of little marks. High Gear added in one more, closed the booklet, and laughed.

"It takes a special kind of idiot to think yourself the victor in debate because you figured out five different kinds of way to call your opponent a baby", High Gear spoke into the comms, "Must've forgotten your brain in another timeline, Tock. Because try as you might, you cannot bury the total lack of any useful accomplishment whatsoever on your part under a pile of smug misdirection."

Now admittedly, High Gear was fairly self-satisfied as well. But in his mind, he had an airship, a large base, and an ever expanding army. He at least had some accomplishments to feel smug for. The worthless sprite had nothing.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply