Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Locked thread
Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

High Gear rolled his eyes, but did not remove them from the tablet otherwise. Rebuking arguments this uninspired he could do without even paying full attention. "Right", he spoke in a mocking tone, "Instead of a Knight, there might instead be a Knight equivalent. Which, as you might notice, does not rebuke, indeed even address my actual argument. It is in fact a completely meaningless difference, a red herring", he smirked, "Really, all that can be gleaned here is that you yourself have some complex about this 'Lady Luminosity'. The fact that you're a coward is not an argument against my position in any form. You should know that. Anyone with half of a functional brain should know that."

"As for your other argument", High Gear scoffed, "It's not the means which should dictate what we do, but the ends. You claim that your plan is somehow sophisticated, even though it reeks of tiresome white collar fraud and is in fact not sophisticated at all but I digress: Even if it were sophisticated, all it gives us is a bit of money. Street thugs get money. Breaking into a vault of gold gets you money. Money is boring, and after I get my fencing with the Unobtainium completed, we'll have money regardless."

"And whilst getting an extremely potent defensive device to defend us is not the most original of ideas, the particulars of assaulting a complex like this in a timely manner require finesse. And if we were to succeed, we can actually get something liable to work and keep us safe. No bank fraud is going to give us a base as large and well positioned as the Labyrinth, unless we secure some way to keep heroes and other belligerents from waltzing right in at their leasure."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


'Much like your posting' is all I can think of while he prattles on. I rub my temples again. "If you're a dense rear end in a top hat with no sense of nuance yeah those were my points and you eviserated them magnificently. So genius, why don't we just steal money and use the unobtanium to make an even better defense? Perhaps one that isn't simple hiding. Or is taking people's ideas how you operate?"

Rebuke, 9. Cold as Ice triggers, HG loses influence on Ursula and vice versa.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2017 around 16:37

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

"I am getting lectured on lacking nuance and finesse by someone whose idea of engine repair is to throw a bunch of unrefined Unobtainium into the fuel intake and hope it works", High Gear stated in a monotone drawl, before sighing in aggravation, "You unbelievable thicko. You think yourself smart, but you fail to elucidate any of your own points. You either merely assert that they're right, or assert mine are wrong, but are apparently too lacking in the mental department to give any sort of substance to either of those", High Gear was basically seething by this point, hissing his arguments though his teeth, "And no, sarcasm does not count, in case you were thinking that."

"As for your other point- hold up, let me get some visual aids for you first so that I can hopefully beat these simple concepts even into your hopelessly thick skull", High Gear snapped his fingers and performed a few gestures, causing the drone to project a bright blue screen dotted by yellow stars, with a pink cartoon teddy bear standing in one corner. It waved happily to the audience with a smile, "With the Obfuscatron", High Gear continued, "We will have no need to hide, since that involves an active component. We will be hidden, passively, meaning we can focus on doing things other than defending what we already have. It is an investment into our future endeavors, and a good one at that. Thus, our efficiency will go UP", a word balloon with a peppy red 'UP' written on it appeared on the screen, the teddy bear clapped its hands, smiled, pointed upwards and said 'UP' in a sickeningly sweet tone.

"Whereas, if we were to use both our money and our Unobtainium on defense, we will be wasting not one but two sets of resources, and all we gain is a system, whilst no doubt formidable, will still require large amounts of active oversight. And that does not even touch on the fact that the Obfuscatron will unlock a whole new level of villainy for us due to being Brass Juggernaut compatible. No amount of money or bribes will have a giant airship not be spotted anywhere but empty plain. Thus, with your plan, our efficiency will go DOWN", a word balloon with a droopy violet 'DOWN' written on it appeared on the screen, the teddy bear dropped its shoulders and posture, looking upon the viewers with a comical half-circle frown and watery eyes, as it said 'DOWN...' in an overbearingly inconsolable sort of tone.

"There. Clear enough for you?" High Gear hissed, "And oh, since I for some reason have to spell this out for you, yes, taking resources from others, be that unobtainium or years worth of cutting edge research, IS in fact a part of how we operate. Because we're villains."

High Gear rubbed his forehead.

"Moron."


Suffice it to say, HG is not very rebuked. I thus gain no Cool Stuff. We both lose Influence on each other though, so I suppose a certain loss of respect has taken place.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


"Repair?" I sputter. "The engine wasn't damaged! You revisionist projecting jackass! The faerie are more in touch with reality than you. It's not that I don't understand, it's that I don't draw the same conclusions from the factors at play. You social invalid."

I scowl and cross my arms. "Whatever. Since capturing intruders is an opportunity apparently beneath us I will no longer suggest we leverage the cartoonish amount of real estate we have at our disposable."

I try to let that sit but blurt out, "And that bear is hideous you can't even make a patronizingly cute thing right."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

The teddy bear gave one final wave and a saccharine 'BYE BYE' before the screen winked out of being. High Gear, for his part, turned his gaze to the side, and for a moment, just for a second, something akin to embarrassment was visible on his face. "...Ms. Strawberry is still a work in progress."

But soon enough he turned to glare at Ursula, his tablet now forgotten, and likewise crossed his arms and scowled. "But yes. I doubt there is anything more to say here between us. You can only argue with a verbal wall with nothing intelligent to say for so long, after all."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Hiding in the basement. Filling it with plants and animals.

Maddy watches the exchange like a tennis match! Gosh! Wasn't this exciting!

"So, if I follow. You-" She points to High Gear. "want to get a device to make this place invisible. Which is silly, because people have already found it. It's like putting your hands over your eyes and pretending the problem doesn't exist. You'd be better served moving the base, and then hiding it." She smiles brightly. "And you-" she points to Ursala. "Want to rob a bank. Because you need money which isn't from selling the highly radioactive magically unstable rocks you stole previously! Yes?" She nodded. "I gotta say though. You're all very impressive and scary and stuff. But, given that the last thing you stole, the ubontamium, or whatever it was. Caused a lot of people to hunt for you and attack you. Wouldn't it also follow that stealing this machine is also going to make people come after you? People who know how to counteract the invisibility machine? After all, they're going to want it back."

She posed the question innocently.

"Besides, surely, what you'd want is something which made you not there to find in the first place?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

High Gear placed his face into his palms. "That is a good point. Clearly, an immobile base that has had its location compromised would not benefit from an invisibility cloak. That is obvious. So obvious, in fact, that I feel almost insulted by the fact that you didn't think I'd think of that", he lifted his face, and gazed at the fae, "So isn't it great that I never said that the Obfuscatron makes us invisible? I said that it would make us hidden. And indeed, when I say that I mean it. If hiding something like this could be achieved with a simple invisibility cloak, we'd have no need for the Obfuscatron in the first place you see. It is a device that uses planar scrambling, glamors, powerful psionic emitters, scy-veils, and yes, to some decree also cloaking devices, but those are only a miniscule part of its functioning. It is no petty screen that warps the path of photons, it confuses the very fabric of the Multiverse itself of our exact locale. So, in a way, it functions exactly as you say: it makes us not be found in the first place. I am just so glad we think alike."

"As for countermeasures?", High Gear scoffed, "That's akin to saying that you should be worried that whoever you steal a giant cannon from might have 'countermeasures' against being shot by it. The Obfuscatron is not the sort of device that has a convenient backdoor built to it. Otherwise it would be a failure in its stated purpose."

High Gear scratched his chin, "I suppose we could try to make some sort of virus to destroy their research while we're at it if you really want to, but I fail to see how that could be necessary except as a means against baseless paranoia not supported by logic of any sort."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Hiding in the basement. Filling it with plants and animals.

"Ohhhhh! I know you!" Maddy said excitedly! "You're the stupid annoying nerd dork! Um... what did they call you? Gear Stick? Yeah! Gear Stick! Oh wow! Can I get your autograph?" She thrust a piece of paper and pen towards him. "They talk about you a lot in town! About how no one likes you, because your a horrible person! It's really cool to meet you!" There was no malice in her words. She was genuinely excited! Parroting the words she'd heard from other people.

"Honestly I think it's not a terrible plan. It does have a problem though. Devices with glamours on are really really unreliable. Because why would the Fae ever do something that couldn't be counteracted by them? Especially as they're very good at dimensional manipulation themselves. It's entirely possible I could shut it off, and I'm not even fully Fae yet." She sighed, disappointed. Then she perked back up. "I think we should steal ice cream! There's a company who's bringing out a new limited edition flavour. Never before seen. There's some crazy security on it. Way too much for just an ice cream flavour. Especially given that it's being funded by the Shindeku Corporation. That front company for a number of villainous interests!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


"You have a rather selective faith in the Institute," I say to High Gear with a smug smirk. I'll let him do the mental work of finding the hole in his logic. It doesn't appreciate the favor of doing it for him.

I turn to Maddie with a warm smile. "It's because the money from the sale is a one time thing. If we are able to set up this dummy account we will be able to make withdrawals indefinitely." Then she gives her own idea. "Well that's certainly an interesting suggestion. But what do we have to gain? I'm not particularly interested in the kicking puppies side of this gig."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

"Now is that so?", High Gear answered, with the sort of flatness typical to those who were hearing something oft repeated. Indeed, he seemed more tired and weary than bothered at mentions of his reputation, punctuating the whole thing with a sigh. And he didn't dwell on that subject for long either, insteat allowing his eyes to home into the piece of paper, then back at the fae. He squinted a little bit, then looked at the paper again. Was she being serious? This sort of thing was obviously a hostile maneuver if performed by anyone else, but this fae seemed more the carefree than the conniving sort. He scribbled something on the paper, and handed it back. His cursive is not half bad.

"The name's High Gear", he stated dryly, "Try to remember it."

"As for your other point", High Gear leaned back on his chair, "That is actually a legitimate point. Fae magic is notoriously unreliable after all. This, I'd wager, is presumably a big part of why nothing like the Obfuscatron has been made or suggested earlier: because they couldn't get the fae magics to play nice with the rest of the tech.

High Gear sat in silence for a bit, and then shrugged, "I'd assume taming fae magic into a form compatible with magitech is one of the big breakthroughs which made the device possible, and one of the many problems they've had all those people cracking for all these years. Wouldn't have taken so long if it was easy."

"Nevertheless, the Institute is confident that it is functional, and they've presumably taken the volatile nature of fae magics into account."

High Gear bit into his meat bun, thinking, his irritation gradually fading as he focused his mind on other things. Yes, he hadn't paid as much attention to that point before, but getting access to that research might help him with creating a variety of devices related to the fae.

After he was done chewing, he continued, "As for your idea? Yes, it does sound like the ice cream is just a front. But then again, whatever they're hiding could be anything. It could be amazing certainly, but it could also be of marginal value to us specifically. I'd rather not gamble our time on unknown rewards when the other jobs offer known gains."

"As for you", he turned towards Ursula again, "I again state that you actually have to back up your smugness with something solid. Vague statements that you've repeatedly failed to substantiate with anything at all do not make you seem smart, or enigmatic, or mysterious. They make you seem like an asinine idiot who cannot defend their views when put on the spot."

He turned back to his meat bun, and retrieved the tablet once more.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2017 around 22:20

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Location: The Labyrinth - 23rd Floor - Cafe


Here they go again.

Looking slightly exhausted already, Squire rubs her temple, squinting. “If I can’t walk away with it overnight, it’s not booty, it’s an anchor." She looks over to High Gear. "Look, genius, I was avoiding you, and it’s only luck that has my butt parked here again… and what I owe to some of the others. I put up with your abuse to see the last job through, but I'm not making that a habit. You raise your hand against me again... well, just know that's a fact you can put right alongside alchemical equivalency and the geometric principles of warding."

Standing and putting her hands on the table, she says, "In any case, they're not bad plans. But I have a thought. Remember LANCELOT?"



"Yeah, the one that got us kicked out of Gear's factorium? The one that is probably the most likely to hound us in the first place?" She taps the table. "Well, as it turns out-" She pulls out a small hollow marble filled with mercury, glinting with faint light, and puts it back on the table, spinning it. "- I can get my Young Knight security credentials back, and they aren't even clued in. " She snatches it, pocketing it again. "And that doesn't get us into his watchtower, but it could get us past all the first and second-tier security. With some help from out brains here, we could all have those security creds, one night only. Once we use them they'll close that up, so we can't go halfway. So my thought is to use that to get most of the way, crack his security-" She pokes a fingertip on the table. "- don't just steal his stuff. We want to distract him, then take his watchtower for a brief period of time. He can't keep all the processing power used for his drone fleet in the suit alone, so he's got a separate facility for that. We aim for two things."

"First, we can steal his plans. And yeah, we could make an arsenal with that. But we could also blackmail him. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some illegal design work there, and even if he doesn't, we could threaten to release them publicly. Every toughie and sprout with an arcanic duplicator could make his drones and devices, and he sure doesn't want his brand name on that. And that means he looks the other way or deals with the drama. And yeah, we nab some arms if we can."

"Second, we see if we can release the drones to go haywire. If we can, we have them target something expensive and symbolic. Get newsies to make people think twice about having them floating overhead. That also keeps them busy while we make our escape, and makes the Table look real, real bad."

She spreads her hands. "But we'd need a good distraction, and I'm taking suggestions." She looks to Wild Bull, then to Weaver, as if prompting them, but then waves a hand. "But this is gonna need to be worked on the fly, and we can't get married to one ending. But-" She looks to Ursula and High Gear. "I'm willing to bet either of your brains against his. Together? He's completely dorked."

Ursula and High Gear, working together? Confronting LANCELOT? It might seem she's lost her mind.

Percy drops back back into her chair, "Anyway, that's just an idea I had." She squeezes Ursula on the shoulder as if in apology, smiling to her, and reaches for her drink. "Take it or trash it."

Proposing a scheme: rob LANCELOT, what is she, mad? Also, forgot to mark one of my recently achieved Wants earlier, so I'm marking Curses! (Noted above.)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

High Gear's brow scrunched up a bit as he mulled over the new suggestion. "Right. Not a bad idea, actually. LANCELOT deserves comeuppance just so that we can send a message that we're not to be trampled over, and I could definitely improve things around here with his research. However", High Gear raised a finger, ""I feel this plot has the same sort of weakness that the ice cream one had. In that it lacks exactness. We don't know exactly what we're getting, with any great decree of certainty. Sure, it is of greater likelihood to be of something very valuable to us than whatever Shindeku Corporation is hiding, but it is still, in the end, an unknown. I prefer the certainty that my heist for the Obfuscatron can give us."

"And besides, even with the blackmail? I'd rather wait for extra protection before going after someone with power reserves as large as LANCELOT."

There was a moment of silence, during which High Gear looked to the side as he tapped on his arm, almost as if he was bothered by something.

"...As for that other thing, that you mentioned. I suppose it wasn't quite in line with how I'd like to deal with such issues. I apologize", his tone was curt, but at least he didn't seem to be lying, "However, I will still take action if you lie to me about mission critical information during a job whilst putting my assets at risk like you did that time, and I am not discounting violence in the event of betrayal. So I'd suggest you refrain from that in the future yourself."

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 29, 2017 around 21:33

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Location: The Labyrinth - 23rd Floor - Cafe


"As long as you can stick to the scheme we agree to. If you've gotta divert, you pass that on first, okay? You want people you can work with, you gotta... work... with.", Percy says slowly, seeming more irritated than mocking as she points. "And if you give me a seat like last time, it's going out the window whether it's open or not. If we can stick to that, I'll take your apology."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

"Fine."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


"Th-that sounds great Percy." Oh dear I feel my face burning up. "A good defense is a great offense. Fear will shield us more than any device."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

"Oh now that's just pathetic", said High Gear, tone contemptuous, "It doesn't take a whole lot to make you squirm now does it Ursula? The plot is almost exactly like mine, merely with a different target and an uncertain return of investment. Yet now you're fawning, instead of critical? The fact that what I assume to be base flutters are capable of turning your opinions on their head does not speak well of your intellectual rigor or ability", High Gear scoffed, "How do you expect anyone to take your opinions seriously when YOU don't take them seriously yourself?"

High Gear placed a finger on his forehead, "And as for you, Squire, I must again press that mere blackmail is a flimsy insurance at best. For despite Ursula's protestations, being unreachable is way better protection than assuming your opposition will meekly bend over base threats. Going after hard targets like LANCELOT before we have any real measure of safety is pointlessly foolhardy. I mean, I have as much issue with him as anyone here, probably more so in fact, yet I don't allow that to cloud my logic. There is no good reason for going after him first, when we can easily do so later", High Gear crossed his arms and looked Black Squire in the eyes, his brows ever so slightly furrowed, "Or can you name one? Why not take the Obfuscatron first, since that largely shields us from LANCELOT's ire? Any way you look at it, going after my plan first in the order is far more sensible."

His glare was surprisingly sharp, as he spoke.

"Certainly you must agree?"

quote:

SidekickBOT: @High Gear (Theantero): 2d6+3 High Gear provokes The Black Squire to scuttle her own caper suggestion and go with his INFINITELY MORE BRILLIANT plot instead = (5+2)+3 = 10

So Provoked right now

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


"Pfft whatever, virgin." Have not yet returned to the mood where I want to reason with him. "Your plan isn't any safer to do and the result is likely to fall short of your expectations. It all lacks the single feature of cowardice."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Location: The Labyrinth - 23rd Floor - Cafe


"If you want a safe plan, go back to your factorium and crank out a bunch of pirated totbots to sell on the black market or something.", Percy points out irritably. "Some of us don't have forever to build the perfect pillow fort."

Insert flashback to annoying commercial: "They're bots! For tots! Kids love them a lot, get 'em while they're hot!"

"Two things. One, even if we steal the Obfuscatron, we're snatching it from people who know how it runs. Like, you don't think they can't figure out a way around, especially after we leave their butt hanging for all the world to see? If it was perfect, then they'd be using it already to hide it. Two, it's not my call anyway now." She grabs a meat bun, leaning back and putting her boots up on the table. "Like I said, take it or trash it. People can make the call on their own. Me?" She jabs a finger in Gear's direction. "I say ffff- eff logic, eff you, and eff hiding. I'm going to take that fascist Knight down one way or the other, and you know you want to too. But you're worried we'll screw up, so you want a safety blanket. Stop thinking like a failure."

She takes a bite, chewing angrily.

Denying the Provoke and marking Angry, then Rejecting High Gear's influence with an 8 (2d6) and choosing "cancel their Influence and take +1 forward against them".

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2017 around 15:50

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

High Gear clacked his tongue in annoyance, his gaze shifting between Ursula, and the The Black Squire, and seemed to be doing some mental calculation in his head. He scrunched up his face, as if he didn't particularly like the conclusion.

"Eff logic indeed. I could make a variety of arguments agaisnt you. Namely that saying they could 'backdoor' their way through the Obfucatron just because they invented the device makes about as much sense as saying that someone can de-encrypt something encrypted just because they invented the encryption method", he sighed. A heavy, annoyed sort of sigh, "But I can see how the wind is blowing with you moronic lot. And you know what?"

"Fine."

"We'll do it your way."

High Gear shot the Black Squire a pointed glare, pointing an accusing finger at her.

"But you all better actually help defend this base if it becomes necessary, unlike last time. And if it turns out we will have to constantly be diverting our resources and attention just to not lose what we've already gained, you better consider my current proposal again."


I am Seconding The Black Squire's plan, gaining Influence on her.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2017 around 15:32

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


I sigh. "Having the enigma machine wasn't the only step, but it was the key to cracking the code. Rock solid confidence in a 'perfect' defense sounds like a great way to get caught with your pants down. Regardless I will take precautions so that my physical presence isn't required for the defense systems I have and have planned."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

"Yes, because clearly getting the very best in defense and hiding technology is worse than getting a grab-bag of loot we don't even know the contents of in advance", High Gear stated, his voice full of toxic derision, "Because clearly, getting vengeance on someone we hate is the very top on our list of priorities, and something to use our time on. Beats ice-cream, and beats petty bank fraud, but not by much."

"And taken your former track record on engineering, arcaneering and just general design, forgive me if I fail to take seriously your boast to make 'a fully automated design system that will work without you' as you're out getting your defective brain addled like you were on the night of the assault. Hell, you can't even design a system to help you walk right you worthless goddamn cripple."

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2017 around 16:16

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 3/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


N-Prime reads my surging heart rate as my blood boils and perceives High Gear as a threat. It sets it's arm out and uselessly tries to fire off a syringe that isn't loaded. I rub my temples as the clicking stops after five attempts. "You're lucky I don't keep my nurse bots combat ready as a habit. But please lecture us more on how an experimental device that's never been deployed is a sure thing. And how my miscaculation of picograms is worse than you accidentally building an order of magnitude more floors than you intended. We're really getting our worth out of all those droids that worked themselves rusted." My eyes dart for an excuse to leave before my blood pressure goes too high and I have a serious complication.
"Whatever. All the plans are proposed I'll go for Ea's opinion on them." I motion for N-Prime to wheel me out.

Failed a danger roll

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2017 around 16:53

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

An opaque blast-shield popped from High Gear's collar to shield his face the moment the first click was heard, and his projector drone flipped out a small submachine gun and pointed it at N-Prime as an uneasy silence hung in the room as the robot's empty cartridge clacked, and clacked some more. Only after it was done, did the blast shield and gun hide themselves again.

"...You just tried to shoot me", High Gear stated, with actual surprise and bewilderment, even letting out a high pitched laugh of disbelief, before his mocking glare set right back in, "I suppose it makes sense that I was saved by your vast reserves of total ineptitude, however."

"..."

"But yes, I suppose there is preciously little to talk about after that debacle, and besides", High Gear swept a number of Meat Buns into a little brass basket, "I was meaning to go see the alien as well, taken she has demonstrated a frightening lack of ability to feed herself."

High Gear placed his mask back on his face as he rose up to leave, only pausing to turn to the Black Squire one last time.

"...Oh and thanks for the buns. They were pretty good."

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2017 around 16:51

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 2 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Paranoid, Afraid | Hold: Far From Home (1) | Location: - Labyrinth - 42nd Floor - Ea’s Room

All the while this conversation backed forth between High Gear, Ursula, and the Black Squire, the Junkers members present at the meeting remained silent. They were not ones to chatter if not addressed or ordered about. However, at Ursula’s mention of following Ea’s opinion, the one-eyed Junker stand-in began to move for the first time since he had sat down. He raises a hand, and another Junker intercepts High Gear, a plate in hand. The one-eyed Junker pauses, and then says,

“Arriving personally before the Supreme One has been deemed unnecessary, man of metal. Any offerings may be handed to us Junkers, and we will deliver it once the plan has been settled.”

Another pause as the one-eyed Junker listens to an unheard voice, unspoken instructions. His mechanical eye spins about, tracking Ursula as she starts to be wheeled out of the room. There is no action taken by the Junkers, nor do they seem particularly hostile as she makes to leave after firing at High Gear. Yet, he tracks her nonetheless, as if still deciding how best to react. Or rather, waiting to be told how to react. The man’s expression seems to contort for the briefest of seconds, and then says,

“As for which plan is to be agreed upon, the Supreme One deems it would be in the best interest of all parties involved to cease any further unproductive squabbling by the shortsighted children of Earth, and to vote for the candled one as well.” There is a moment of hesitation, several moments of hesitation even in spite of the otherwise dominating mind control, and then he adds, “However, the Supreme One has also deemed it important to note that they do not care in particular about further squabbling, and thus will support the man of metal’s plan, even if he is so hesitant to support it on his own. In the Supreme One’s own words, they are, ahem. Most disappointed.”

OOC: I return from the grave! If it’s still possible to Second High Gear’s Caper despite him Seconding someone else’s, then I’ll do that. Otherwise, Ea will abstain and concede to Black Squire’s Caper.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak -1 | Danger +2 | Trouble +1 | Superior -1 | Menace +2
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Location: Back at the Labyrinth


Now, you're probably wondering why I've been staying silent for so long. The Bull is usually the loudest one during these meetings, and she usually has Lots of Things to say, so why hasn't she said anything? Has the Bull actually learned to behave? Has she learned that getting angry over every little thing isn't worth iy!? Has the Bull... been tamed!?

Pfffff, no.

I've been texting to my other girlfriend this whole time, glancing at Maddy every now and giving her a shy little smile. I'm glad she's having fun, at least.

So, yea, I've barely been paying attention at all to what's going. I finally look up from my phone when Percy mentions LANCELOT. "Huh? You wanna rob Lancy? Alright, I guess I can make a distraction or whatever by raising a little hell." And if I'm lucky, maybe I'll get to take on Lancy, too! I get to take down a knight and I'll get to show Maddy how tough I really am!

OOC: Bull is voting for Squire's plan!

I go back to my phone, and continue ignoring the argument that's going on.

Message to Izzy posted:


hey!!! guess what!!! i might get to take on a knight soon!!!

its been so long since i took on a knight im rly excited!!!

ill be thinking of you while i smash their head in <3

I look up again to see Ursula storm out of the room. "So, uh, is the meeting over or whatever?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 0 | Location: The Labyrinth

High Gear stood still, tapping his foot against the floor in ever increasing annoyance as the junker-puppet spoke, and continued to do so, otherwise silent, for a moment after the man had stopped talking. Until he finally spun around, pointing an angry finger at Ea's proxy, and uttered a single word.

"No."

"You do NOT get to blame me for the inherent failures of democracy, especially not after you only deign to take actual part in it after the conversation is already over. The system is moronic to the core as further demonstrated here, and definitely does not need you making it even more dysfunctional than it already is with your shiftlessness."

Then he turned on his heels, and headed back towards the door. He did not hand over the buns though, nor did he even address that part of the speech.

Curious.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.


code:
Planning Stage… Complete!

Tallying Final Score…

Number of Gunshots – 0 – A+

Number of Attempted Gunshots – 1 – C+

Number of Capers Proposed Involving Ice Cream – 1/6 – F

Quality of Food Available – Spicy and Savory – SSS

Black Squire’s Proposal – Black Squire, High Gear, Wild Bull

Ursula’s Proposal – Ursula

Maddy’s Proposal – Maddy, Maddy’s insatiable desire for sweets.

High Gear’s Proposal – Ea’lyiz, Junker 1, Junker 2, Junker 3, Junker the Fourth…

Final Tally… Complete!


\\And verily,
\\He was the Greatest Knyght the world had ever known, or ever seen
\\...Except for the time all his poo poo got ganked, by some lovely teens.


A Capers! Production - Directed by the One Bad Apple’s Crew!
Starring: Black Squire as the Mastermind!


We Must Burglarize Lancelot’s Watchtower!


Heat Rating: 2The home of a hero is, surprisingly, one of the ‘safer’ places to raid in Avalon City. Lancelot is considered an anchor of stability himself, but since part of the plan is to draw him away, it’s unlikely anyone will be nearby when you make your move.

Except,

The streets are crazier than normal, and that’s saying something for Avalon City. The Troll gangs are on the move. Old Ymir’s crew are freaking out, yelling about being attacked by some unknown faction, but the gang’s lieutenants seem paralyzed, and the lower ranks are just roaming erratically throughout the City. Don Umburnto’s crew are cracking heads, looking for someone who busted up his grandson, but they’re having no luck either. An emergency call has gone out, even the reserve Knights are on patrol, and that’s not good for you.

+1 Heat from the Intermission! Heat goes to 3!

Planks: 4

First, Get Lancelot out of there! Thanks to Black Squire’s hero clearance getting past the perimeter security shouldn’t be any problem at all. But the Watchtower itself is a different matter. Mallor and Riot learned how difficult it was to try and steal from a someone’s lair while they’re still present. Learn from their mistakes. If Lancelot is inside the tower when you break in, the mission cannot succeed. So – draw him out, and keep him busy!

You Must Seize Control of the WatchtowerSupergeniuses, especially ones with a kink for drones, have a tendency to connect things that don’t actually need to be connected. Take control of the Watchtower’s main computer and you’ll command many of Lancelot’s most prized assets.

Then, You Need To Secure Lancelot’s Proprietary Designs and Secret PlansAre they inside the main computer mainframe? Are they in their own, separate server system? Are they in a physical vault? You don’t know! But they’re definitely in the Watchtower, and you’re going to need to find them, fast as you can.

Finally, You’ll Need to Escape via Massive (possibly drone induced) ChaosThere’s little chance Lancelot won’t notice your incursion. Oh, he might notice far too late -- but at some point he’s going to come storming back, and he’s going to call in every favor he can to make sure you don’t get away. Do what you do best; throw giant mechs around ‘til you make the pilots cry, punch a wizard so hard he shits a black hole.

-----

High Gear – The plan has been decided, and it’s not yours. But, and you might never openly admit this to any other living being, but!!!

It’s not actually that bad of a plan, is it? Sure, it doesn’t address the crippling base defense problem, and there's a pretty good chance that even if you succeed some fucknut named Dwayne the Green is going to try to raid the Labyrinth to resteal Lancelot’s stolen goods. But Lancelot’s a chump! And there’s no better way to show the world he’s a chump than by doing to him what Mallor and Riot failed to do to you.

… You don’t feel guilty about invading another tech-savant's base, do you? If he lets you get away with it, than it’s his fault for being so stupid and careless, right?

And you want the world to know that you’re the most intelligent, most careful supergenius around. Right?

Despite the ridiculous of the plan meeting, despite how obvious the flaws of democracy are, and how no one else seems to notice them but you, this actually isn’t the worst of all possibilities.

Oh.

The Brass Juggernaut is still down for repairs.

...God-That-Doesn’t-Exist dammit.

Reminding you of the Hard Bargain we struck, uh, a long long time ago. The Brass Juggernaut was exhausted, last caper, until the end of the next one. High Gear is without that asset for this mission.

---

Maddy – You’re going to invade Lancelot’s cool techno-tower!! Apparently, he pissed off some of your other teammates, and now they want revenge. Unfortunately, he’s not (supposed) be there when you guys break-in, so you won’t get to meet him

Still, this is pretty fresh, right? Have you ever broken into a place before? With the intention to steal things, of course. Do you feel… villainous, yet?

Indulging in revenge is such a new feeling for you, but it also feels very... natural. Someone did something to some people that you now know, and you're going to mess them up. That makes sense; the part of you that isn't stewed in Fae magic realizes that doesn't make much sense, but otherwise it makes perfect sense.

If you take this mission far more seriously than anyone could expect, Mark a String.

---

Wild Bull – Another mission. No vehicles to suplex, but there’s probably something in that tower that will be fun to throw around. You’re not normally one for stealing right? But it’s always a joy to break a nerd’s toys. Especially a super-duper nerd like Lancelot. Actually, how dedicated are you to personally busting that armored dork up? If you never meet him face to face, are you going to be disappointed?

But you’re not going to let Maddy out of your sight, are you? Sure, she’s capable – both of your girlfriends are very capable – but where do you think that energy is going to get directed? Towards completing the mission, or making a whole mess of trouble?

---

Ea’lyiz – How hard was it to drag yourself out of bed?

… You are out of your bed, right? You’re not having the Junkers carry your bed around like a palanquin, are you? You, you can fly, that would be very wasteful of their energy.

However you got out of the Labyrinth, the fresh air of Earth didn’t make you feel any better. Are you even going to enjoy taking vengeance on Lancelot, or does it all seem meaningless?

When you close your eyes and let the tidal wave of emotions crash over you, what’s the lifeline you use to pull yourself to the surface? What matters to you most, right now?

And what do those emotions tell you to do?

---

Black Squire – After quite the planning conference, you’re once again the Mastermind of this group of misfits. At least this time you only had to fire some verbal shots instead of real ones.

This is some mission you’ve set them on. Robbing one of the premier Knights of the city? No, not just robbing, breaking into his stalwart watchtower and taking his most valuable secrets – this is what you looked for after turning away from the Knights, isn’t it? Tearing down the ones who thought themselves untouchable, gaining leverage on those who thought themselves above it all, embarrassing someone who preened so proudly in public; if you can pull this off, it’s going to be good.

Beyond that, though, what do you make of Ursula’s attempted attack on High Gear? Didn’t she break one of your rules? Are you leader of the team, or just leader of the mission?

Also, what does Maddy mean when she mentions the hedge? It sounds like an incredible place. Think it’d be a good idea to ask her about it, after the mission?

---

Ursula – Even N-Prime sounds angry as she carries you back to your lab. Ugh. At least Black Squire’s plan was chosen, and he didn’t win. Wasn’t that embarrassing? Both the fact that you let him get to you so much that N-Prime perceived him as a threat to your health, and how her five click, click, clicks made you look totally impotent. Frustrating.

That’s why you didn’t notice. You were too preoccupied with preparing for the mission – making sure every drone is fully loaded – to catch up with news from the Institute.

And that’s why when she appears, it’s going to be quite the shock.

The Heir – A young woman with fair, almost purplish hair, gazes at a piece of paper in her hand. “Hmm.” she taps her umbrella on the ground, a frown on her face, “Really. Such a variety of stimulants, and no limiters or counter-agents to be seen.” She clicks her tongue in disappointment, “It was good fortune for me to stumble upon that young Fishman before he could reach the Margravine. Such sophomoric work is unbefitting of a member of the Institute.”

The girl crumples the piece of paper in her hand into a ball, and tosses it towards a trash can. She misses. The paper bounces onto the floor. She does not move to pick it up, but instead adjusts her top hat, “Even a former member.” And with that, she taps her umbrella again, and sets off to pay a visit to her predecessor.


Your Replacement is coming. Automatically take a condition when she appears; as per the Scion playbook.

-----

Everybody – Today’s the day. (Or perhaps it’s the night before, and you’re setting things into motion.) The streets are busy, busier than you expected, but you don’t have time to think about that now. Lancelot’s Watchtower looms in the hazy twilight. He’s in there, now, but he won’t be for long. There’s information to gather, fires to set, and when Lancelot sets off – a tower to raid.

What do you do?

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jul 10, 2017 around 00:55

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Location: The Labyrinth - 23rd Floor - Cafe


Sometimes it's as simple as swiping a badge. Basic. Quiet. Like a real heist.

She checks her watch. It feels less like checking her timing and more like she's checking her bets for this to explode in her face. But maybe it'll actually work - if she can actually get the two brains to work together long enough without exploding. Ursula's attack it seemed like an accident, at least. And it's not like tears would be in order if High Gear got shot. But it was indicative of the big hole in this plan: expecting the team to be a team. Maybe a team she was even in charge of? Well, however this caper goes would seem to be a referendum on her leadership. But who else would it be? Ursula wouldn't accept High Gear or vice versa. Madsand Bully didn't exactly seem like leader material. And Ea... well, whoever knew what Ea was thinking?

Well, whatever. At the very least, she should be able to make things hard for Lancelot. Hopefully, Ursula or Gear will get them through the tougher security. If they don't... she tugs at the bag on her shoulder... she had these alchemical charges for a reason. Still, she can make her way around the fringes of Lancelot's security incognito, getting the details to pass on to the other two.



She tosses a small box in a garbage can. There, the last of the Plan B charges were set. Hopefully won't be necessary, but she needs backups for her backup plans on this. "Looks like we've got our expected biowards, but also some sweeper flies, seeing mirrors, and heartreaders. I trust you've got notions?", she says over her communicator to the brains, before switching to the distractions. "Hey, got an eye on a drone yet? Smashing up a few of those should earn you his tough love."

"Hells, let this work.", she mumbles to herself, off the comms.

Cooking up a plan with +trouble and her alchemical lab for 11 (2d6 +3). Adding 1 to Plan.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Hiding in the basement. Filling it with plants and animals.

"I still can't believe that people didn't want Ice Cream...." Maddy said to herself. Quietly shocked. She took another scoop onto her spoon, Mint Chock Chip. She'd actually paid for this one. Not very criminal, certainly. But delicious. Yum. She looked up, sitting on the bench in the large square outside Lancelot's tower. She was dressed in the least threatening clothes she owned. A pair of cute pink short shorts, a tight short sleeve blouse, a french berrie (also pink). She had a whole tub of ice cream sat between her thighs, enjoying the chilliness of the container against her bare skin. It was hot today. Hot was good, Maddy liked hot.

No one could judge her for eating all this ice cream!

It was pretty quiet out. Something about Trolls. Apparently they weren't under bridges any more and this was a bad thing. Maddy just felt that they were being progressive, and that was pretty cool of them. She was kinda bummed that they weren't getting to meet Lancelot. But maybe they'd see him some other time. Half the fun of revenge came in the look in their eye as the realise it was you who crushed them like an insect for their slight and that they wouldn't live long enough to regret their short meaningless existence before you rip them apart and remake them into a tasteful chair.

Oh!

Right

Fae thoughts.

She took another scoop. She should save some of this for Ivy. She thought. She wondered how Ivy was doing. She'd spent the evening in her bed. It had been fun. She didn't really need to sleep. But she did with Ivy. Even if she spent half the time listening to her thought about how Ivy would make a lovely play toy for her realm. How Ivy would probably love it as well! But it never felt... right.... to bring it up. Maddy knew not all of her thoughts were nice. Why ruin a good snuggle?

She watched Percy make her move. God she felt soooooo cool!! Like some kind of spy. She should buy a trench coat! Yeah! That would be cool! And, like, a hat for each of her snakes! Hahaha! She hadn't really taken much part in things. It felt like the rest of the team didn't really trust her. So clearly she needed to prove herself! Not get distract-

OH NO! THE ICE CREAM WAS MELTING!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 2 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Paranoid, Afraid | Hold: Far From Home (1) | Location: - Labyrinth - 42nd Floor - Ea’s Room

Ea rolled over onto their backside, decidedly still in their bed. Not being carried, mind you. Just… idling around. Thinking to themself. Today was the day that they would invade Lancelot’s tower, raid and pilfer his belongings, because… because… Ea wasn’t actually all that sure, come to think of it. Oh yes, Lancelot had attacked them previously, and it was only sensible that they would retaliate against him. But as for how much it mattered to the alien to do so? Very little, much to their surprise. At least, when it came to specifically getting revenge. So what did matter, right here, right now? The answer was simple: proving themself. Proving that they were strong, still strong, after Ea’s pathetic display against Maqina, against Riot, and around…

The alien rolled off the bed, though stopped and began to hover about a feet off the ground. Enough sulking. Enough hiding. Enough running away. It was time to act! Time to show the children of Earth that the Hymfazther did not bow so easily! ...Perhaps not time to show their face around High Gear, however. That was still uncomfortable to consider, for reasons they still did not fully understand. But so it was. Ea would simply have to avoid being in his presence for any longer than was required to successfully complete this mission, and all would be right in the world. Probably. Yet, if he wasn’t watching when they proved their worth, what was the point- no, no, the point was to prove to themself they were strong. No one else. ...Right?

Lost in thought as they pondered over their own intentions, Ea managed to be caught off guard when one of their own Junkers approached with six small, broach-like objects in hand. With a salute, the Junker said,

“Supreme One! The shielding devices you requested!”

[Shielding devices?]

It took the alien quite a while to figure out what the Junker meant, as well as what he had actually built. Especially because while it was indeed the Junkers were ordered, it was done so unintentionally. As talented as Ea could be, stealth was never one of those talents, and they were never ashamed to confess as much. Why hide and cower when you could meet your opponent on the field of battle? Or, more likely, just overload their brains from a safe, comfortable distance. But for this particular escapade, stealth was a necessity, at least at first. If it was merely humanoids that Lancelot employed, then Ea could wipe their minds, filter out their perception of the team. Yet as much as it pained Ea to admit, even if it only was to themself, that tactic would not work on drones. So while they were fuming over a method to apply their psionic abilities to this infiltration, Ea faintly recalled shouting out across their mental link about the Junkers making themselves actually useful. Apparently, they had listened.

“Yes, Supreme One! Unfortunately, they are limited in duration and scope due to the lack of time available to prepare, but they should temporarily conceal your glorious visage from the view of any mechanical or magitechnical instruments, be they drone, camera, or any other creation of Lancelot!”

[...It is, er, seen. Well...done? Yes, well done. This one congratulates the Junkers on their efforts.]

“Thank you, Supreme One! If anything else is needed, we all always willing to serve!”

Another salute, and the man was gone. Ea weighed the six shielding implements in their hand, still somewhat disoriented with what had happened. Eventually shrugging, they flew off to meet with the others, as well as deliver these new toys.

quote:

A Junkfood Goblin (TheFireMagi)-Today at 5:37 PM
/r 2d6+3 #I do dare! (Cooking up a Superior Scheme, Wagering the Junkers!)
SidekickBOT-Today at 5:37 PM
@A Junkfood Goblin (TheFireMagi): 2d6+3 I do dare! (Cooking up a Superior Scheme, Wagering the Junkers!) = (5+4)+3 = 12

OOC: +1 Plan as I unintentionally make some shielding devices.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 4/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


I can't wait for this week to be done with. My preparations all fell through. Perhaps because I was already upset and distracted. I attempted to procure the ingredients for a nerve agent in a just conspicuous enough way to draw attention of the knights. Well these types of things aren't easy to get on short notice, even in its component parts. Apparently. All the orders are held up and delayed. Ridiculous. I'm basically a platinum member with this distributor, or whatever. I just couldn't deal with that nonsense. I could have thrown my weight around with the useless desk jockies but its not worth it.

Well whatever. I tried. Let the other's screw everything up and I'll try to put the fires out. Until then I'll just stew here, I guess.

Menacing scheme, 4

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: - | Cards: 3 | Location: The GEARVAN

High Gear turned around the brooch in his hand, his face noncommittal as he inspected it. The thing was... of acceptable quality. He could have done better, of course, but it wasn't worthless, as freebies were. Perhaps the junkers deserved an actually outfitted workshop?

....Hmph.

That was an issue for another time. For now, he had far more pressing work to do. High Gear pocketed the brooch, and set his hands on a variety of keyboards, attached to consoles that he had stuffed in the back of a (cloaked) van, his seat ringed by screens of various sizes. All transmitting feedback from scout units, at a variety of different locations, all known to be things important to LANCELOT for a variety of reasons. It had taken a bunch of planning and preparation, sure, but everything was in place now. It was time.

High Gear cracked his knuckles, and pulled on a highly conspicuous lever.

****

LANCELOT's command tower rung with alarms. Drone Fleet #3 was under attack by a swarm of flying magitech assailants with laser armaments. A strange burrowing assault vehicle had breached the ground floor of Workshop Prime, billowing forth a division of clockwork dragoons with lightning muskets. A trio of tanks with tesla cannons had apparently managed to crash straight through the walls of Warehouse District. These and a number of others, diffuse threats filled LANCELOT's data streams, until for but a moment, each one of them was overtaken by a storm of static. The disturbance was quickly booted off by the firewalls, but those few seconds were all that High Gear's distorted faceplate that now dominated LANCELOT's command room needed to make its message clear.

"REMEMBER ME?"

****

High Gear scowled under his helmet. He had done his part of the distraction. Now all that the rest of the team had to do was play their part as well.

"Distraction underway as planned", High Gear stated in the comms, tone full of smarmy self-importance, "LANCELOT's attention has been diverted to the assault on his assets. It's up to spearhead to lead the assault now, to force him to intervene personally instead of with just his drones."

"I hope you won't disappoint", he added, his condescending tone betraying a highly distinct lack of actual hope.

quote:

SidekickBOT: @High Gear (Theantero): 2d6+2 In which HIGH GEAR Shows His Hand at a +2 because people can't manage a single post in like two weeks :angry: = (6+1)+2 = 9

I gain 3 Cards! Yay! But we lose 1 Plan! Boo!

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 23, 2017 around 12:43

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Hiding in the basement. Filling it with plants and animals.

Maddy finished her ice cream. Ahhhh, that really hit the spot. Probably time to do some work. Maybe. She'd need to find a quiet little spot. Somewhere hard to see.... Right there! Yeah, right behind this bush! It was time to get down to business. She pushed herself into the shrubbery. Crawling up to the tower's wall. Metal and Stone obeyed her, Lightning was her friend. She could open up a tunnel without detection! A direct route in or out of the tower. What was more, with the walls moving themselves into new forms, it wouldn't trip security. Why? Because Maddy was very very good at asking nicely.

- - -

@Maddy (Arashi): 2d6+1 Maddy Cooks up a Freaky Scheme! = (6+4)+1 = 11
+1 Plan

- - -

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.




quote:

\\And verily,
\\He was the Greatest Knyght the world had ever known, or ever seen
\\...Except for the time all his poo poo got ganked, by some lovely teens.


A Capers! Production - Directed by the One Bad Apple’s Crew!
Starring: Black Squire as the Mastermind!


We Must Burglarize Lancelot’s Watchtower!


Heat Rating: 3

Planks: 4

Plan: 2!

First, Get Lancelot out of there! Thanks to Black Squire’s hero clearance getting past the perimeter security shouldn’t be any problem at all. But the Watchtower itself is a different matter. Mallor and Riot learned how difficult it was to try and steal from a someone’s lair while they’re still present. Learn from their mistakes. If Lancelot is inside the tower when you break in, the mission cannot succeed. So – draw him out, and keep him busy!

You Must Seize Control of the WatchtowerSupergeniuses, especially ones with a kink for drones, have a tendency to connect things that don’t actually need to be connected. Take control of the Watchtower’s main computer and you’ll command many of Lancelot’s most prized assets.

Then, You Need To Secure Lancelot’s Proprietary Designs and Secret PlansAre they inside the main computer mainframe? Are they in their own, separate server system? Are they in a physical vault? You don’t know! But they’re definitely in the Watchtower, and you’re going to need to find them, fast as you can.

Finally, You’ll Need to Escape via Massive (possibly drone induced) ChaosThere’s little chance Lancelot won’t notice your incursion. Oh, he might notice far too late -- but at some point he’s going to come storming back, and he’s going to call in every favor he can to make sure you don’t get away. Do what you do best; throw giant mechs around ‘til you make the pilots cry, punch a wizard so hard he shits a black hole.

-----

Around, Within, or Above the Gearvan!

Black Squire, Ea’lyiz, High Gear – There is iimmediate response from Lancelot’s Watchtower. The white spotlights on it’s side turn off, but the red light leaking from the windows and cracks intensifies. Dozens of drones, shiny metal reflecting the pulsating red glow of the Watchtower, tumble like bats off from the underside of the tower balconies. Their bodies hitch as their thrusters activate and push them into the air. With an almost beautiful finesse, the drones organize themselves into formations and begin to launch attacks against High Gear’s robots.

The maneuvers are too sophisticated to be handled by a drone’s on board processor. Lancelot, or with equally skilled, has taken manual control over the drones.

This is only Lancelot’s first step. The ground begins to tremble, you can hear an incredibly loud metallic groaning coming from the direction of the Watchtower – like the sound of an old iron door opening for the first time in decades. Then, trumpeted by the thud of it’s massive engines kicking in and the woosh of displacing air, it rises.


Lancelot’s Flying Forteresse

It comes to stop next to the Watchtower, which is still larger than it by a significant degree, and… doesn’t move. The airship rests, it’s engines thrumming on a low hover, and displays no interest in moving away from it’s perch over Lancelot’s compound.

Then, the lower docking bay opens, and three hovercraft fall from the Forteresse’s open port. They drop for a moment before their own engines kick on, and they quickly form into a V-shaped formation. The Flying Fortresse suddenly flicks on a massive searchlight, the beam falling on a neighborhood in the city below. The hovercraft immediately zip towards the center of the light.

You’re within the light. They’re heading towards you.

-----

Just a little bit behind…

Ursula – Due to a very long, very frustrating phone call with your supplier, you’ve fallen behind the team.

Oh, not by much; a few blocks at most. You and your entourage of droids should be able to reach them in five minutes – no, make that three, there’s an alleyway shortcut that will shave the time off by almost half.

As you clear the alleyway and turn unto the street you hear a thin slice on the wind, and lose connection to your rearguard droid.

The two droids still in the alleyway turn around, you hear their combat servos rev up – slice, slice – and you lose connection to both of them as well.

Emergency protocol takes effect, and N Prime begins to sprint as fast as it can from the disturbance. One metallic limb presses gently, but firmly, against your chest and locks you in place. Your trembling fingers can just barely reach the emergency shut-off switch…

Do you press it?

If you don’t, N-Prime will carry you away to your teammates. Exhaust your Simple Robots asset as your drones sacrifice themselves as a rearguard against this mysterious hunter. They’re good drones, your pursuer will be preoccupied for some time.

If you do hit the switch, N-Prime will come to a halt, and you can meet this assailant head on. Beware that, given the situation, you’re teammates may be a bit too preoccupied to come to your aid in a timely manner…

If you choose to flee, you’re somewhat defenseless without your drones. Who, if anyone, do you cling to for safety?

If you choose to fight, do you feel confident enough to face an enemy completely alone? Who, if anyone, do you call in for backup?

What do you do?

-----

Black Squire, Ea’lyiz, High Gear – The hovercraft reach you with surprising speed. From their speakers, a surprisingly pleasant sounding female voice announces, “This area is now under martial law. Please remain calm. This area is now under martial law.” The ships fall to the ground at what looks like a barely controlled pace, coasting inches from the ground before slowing down enough to unload their passengers.


Lancelot's Green Knights

There are roughly seven robots per hovercraft. They unload in unison, axes glowing with a plasmatic edge. Most of them being to slowly scan the area, but some of them take off towards nearby cars and houses, knocking vigorously on the doors. “If you have nothing to hide,” the feminine voice chimes yet again, “you have nothing to fear. This area is now under martial law. Please remain calm.”

Obviously, Lancelot knows where you are… roughly. He seems to think these ‘Green Knights’ he sent are capable of finding and detaining you.

How do you show him how wrong he is?

-----

Just a little bit ahead...

Maddy – You whisper to the stone and it giggles back. It’s laughter opens a path for you to slip through – big enough for all your teammates, even High Gear in that power armor (if he bends down quite a bit)! You crawl upwards from the tower foundation for quite a while, sometimes having to reach gingerly over wiring or ventilation, but eventually you emerge into a room. A room full of…



Dresses. How many dozen? A hundred? Over a hundred? Some of them are beautiful; a lot of them are very, very tacky. As you look down, you see a similarly sized collection of shoes. You seem to have emerged into a boutique dress closet, but in many ways it’s oddly incomplete. You immediately notice that there’s no mirror in the room, which would make it kind of useless, wouldn’t it?

There are two doors leading out. One, you can tell from how the flooring underneath the door changes, leads to the rest of the tower. The other is slightly ajar, and as you peek your head in you see a large, metal box. It’s roughly coffin shaped, but one-and-a-half times larger than any normal coffin, and it’s also standing upright. There is a small computer terminal next to the box, and otherwise the room is completely bare.

So,

What do you do?

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2017 around 01:33

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Trouble +0 | Superior +2 | Menace +2
Curses! 2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: - | Cards: 2 | Location: The GEARVAN

"Pfft."

A faint scoff could be heard from beneath High Gear's faceplate as the Flying Forteresse glided into one of the monitors.

"I'm not impressed."

However, his attentions were quickly diverted, as a variety of blinking notifications and illustrated icons on a map of the city started moving in on their position, and High Gear was forced to continue his mission control duties in lieu of stroking his machinist ego.

"Right, Green Knights on approach, we'll deal with them and begin cracking the Tower as per Leader after you do your thing, Spearhead", funnily enough, High Gear managed to sound fairly... agreeable. As in, his voice was more focused and neutral in tone, instead of seeping condescension. But then a moment passed. Then another. High Gear started to tap his fingers against the console desk in clear irritation.

"Spearhead..." he snarled, annoyance seeping into his voice, "I said: We'll deal with the Tower after you do your thing."

Another moment, The Green Knights continued their advance. A moment in which Spearhead offered no reply.

"Oh drat it all to hell, Wild Bull", High Gear hissed into the comms, "This is NOT the time for one of your idiot tantrums. See, this is why you don't get neither deserve any respect. You're so wound in your pathetic feefees that you apparently cannot focus even on a simple task like this. And you know what, I take back what I said earlier: you're not good even for an enforcer. Those actually need some degree of reliability."

"Always got to do everything by myself -OK so listen up, due to Spearhead's sudden but sadly not unexpected ineptitude, I'm enacting Plan-B to distract LANCELOT. And by the way, Leader, Ea, I need your cloak brooches."

High Gear kicked a drawer near the floor, causing it to open, revealing six battery-like, glowing rods. He grabbed three of them, and started frantically jury-rigging together a strange sort of interface for both them and the junkers' strange cloaking devices from spare bits, pieces and magic reagents.

"Because obviously I would have a contingency", radio discipline was basically forgotten by this point, the comms serving only as a channel for High Gear's self-aggrandizing ranting, "Because, no offense, it would be utterly moronic to actually have faith in anyone else here actually pulling their weight."

"Now behold, MY SECRET WEAPON!"

"Brough to you by my unparalleled genius!"

****Yesterday****

"Gremlins?"

"That is what I said, yes", Anton, out of his Power Armor for once, exclaimed in annoyance, arms crossed, "Wasn't it Chad? Or are you so out of it you can't keep singular words still in your idiot brain for longer than ten seconds?"

"Haha this guy!

"Yeah whatever you say man", Chad raised an idle eyebrow in more amusement than anything, "It's just that, you know, they're not the sorts of spirits that play nice with your entire thing?

"I KNOW that Chad, it's the exact point."

Chad shrugged. "Whatever man, who am I to judge your genius and all. So when you need them?"

"Tonight."

"Aww man but today's game night!", came a yell from a figure lying on a couch, out of sight.

Chad looked over his shoulder, and pointed at the sofa with his thumb. "Today's game nig-"

"I KNOW", Anton pressed a finger on his forehead in annoyance, "That today's game night. I also know that you're still behind on what you owe me from last month."

"Bruh chill"

"Haha yeah, don't blow a gasket G-man. I suppose we can whip something up for you if you really want it. Gremlins will require some guarantee on stuff they can break though, or they won't deal."

"That's accounted for, yes."

Chad shrugged, again. "Ehhh in that case, I suppose if we throw in the remnants of that keg, we can make something workable out of this..."

****

There was a cacophonous screech as a number of mechanical creatures jumped from the rooftops, akin to small monkeys both in size and demeanor. A horrid(ly unsafe) experiment in spirit-bound artifice. The Mecha Gremlins.



Because High Gear knew that LANCELOT, for all his genius, was one to focus far more on the technological side of things. Which was, of course, the sole reason he might have have been more proficient in some areas of said field than he himself, yes, it was due to nothing else than LANCELOT's foolish overspecialization. His knowledge of the thaumic, then, was bound to be somewhat lesser. Which, of course, left a gaping weak spot for magical, anti-tech entities.

Such as gremlins.

Under High Gear's command, the Mecha Gremlins descended upon the Green Knights and their transports, disrupted their connection to the mainframe, scrambled their systems, and left them bereft of any countermeasures against High Gear's intruding arcanaform hacks. Soon, the entire assault force of Green Knights (well, minus one or two that the Mecha Gremlins managed to wreck for fun before High Gear could order them to stop), along with their transports, were severed from LANCELOT's control. Each of the transports was then loaded up with its complement of Green Knights, a newly overclocked stealth brooch, and a number of gremlins, and sent on their way to seperate targets.

It didn't take long before a breaking news broadcast cut through the air, of Green Knights holding football players hostage in the middle of the field, in the middle of the game.

One of them addressed the camera, in that sweet female monotone LANCELOT's search parties had used earlier.

"Yes, it is me, LANCELOT, being a disturbance. And indeed, it would be fairly reasonable of you to be disturbed and perhaps even afraid, since you idiotic inhabitants of this city apparently have no issue allowing someone who doesn't even know how to gremlin-proof their gear float giant fleets of security-compromised junk over your heads. Some 'tech genius' I am hahahaha what a joke, right?"

And even though High Gear did not expressly name himself, the stylized gear emblazoned on the chests of the brass coloured gremlin-bots would make it evidently clear who was responsible for clowning this Knight of the Table.

High Gear scoffed in his van. "Yes, you better start running to do some damage control now, before I hit the city aquarium, national opera house, or town hall."

"Amateur."

quote:

Scrree: @High Gear (Theantero) If you wish, you may roll 2d6 unmodified. On a miss, the Brass Juggernaut is slightly smaller than the Flying Fortressee. On a 7-9, the Brass Juggernaut wins in length, but loses in girth. On a 10+ it's slightly bigger. Do not Mark Potential for a miss.

quote:

SidekickBOT: @High Gear (Theantero): 2d6 HIGH GEAR DOES NOT NEED TO COMPENSATE FOR ANYTHING, MOST CERTAINLY NOT VIA MEANS OF AIRSHIP SIZE = (6+4) = 10


quote:

SidekickBOT: @High Gear (Theantero): 2d6+3 HG Executes Plan to draw away LANCELOT with some sweet tech-take overing, Burning 2 Plan and Wagering his freshly Drawn Mecha Gremlins Asset! = (6+1)+3 = 10

Righto, I gain 1 Infamy for making LANCELOT look like a moron on TV.

Also, Mecha Gremlins are a SHARED ASSET, good for wrecking/scramblin all kinds of tech stuff, so just ask HG and you'll get to wager them too.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jul 25, 2017 around 15:16

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2
Curses! 4/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:


"N00001 override code 351." N-Prime freezes and then stands at attention. Whoever it is down there should have found me in a better mood.

"Hey Maddy~" I call to her over the comms. "There's someone being really rowdy with my droids. Why don't you come down here and show them how to really make some noise? It should be much more interesting than slapping around Lancelot's flying buckets."

The new girl has the least stake the plan so the most susceptible to diversion. Also I am curious to see her in action. Either way I pry out a hold out pistol from under my chair. I'm giving this rear end a piece of my mind.

Provoke 13. Fight the unknown assailant to add plan to the pool and avoid a condition

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak +1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +0 | Superior -1 | Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Hiding in the basement. Filling it with plants and animals.

Ohhhhh! Pretty dresses! Maddy never got to wear dresses! She always ended up tearing them. Her hair always got curious about the skit. She seemed to get more interest when she wore tight leggings anyway. So that was okay. She was highly curious of the coffin computer. But she knew that she'd probably break it. She wasn't good with computers. She was just considering exploring further (and converting some of the metal walls into a mirror and trying on some of these dresses) when she was startled by the voice of Ursula coming through the comms.

"Oh! Hey there!" Maddy said, like she'd just answered her besties's phone call. "I'm up in the tower right now, where are you?" She half skipped back to her passage. She'd kinda done what she'd meant to, and it was hidden by the dresses. She slid on her butt a short way down the passage, then just decided that no one was looking. Her hair moved. Lifting her up slightly, and moving her like a spider down the tunnel. There we go! Much faster! She'd be there in no time!

She emerged at the base of the tower. Bounding through the air like she was loaded with springs. It was her new shampoo, really gave her hair some bounce. She'd be there in no time flat. "Usaulaaaaaaa!" She called, in a sing song voice.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak -1 | Danger +1 | Trouble +2 | Superior +0 | Menace +1
Curses!:
2/5 | Infamy: 1 | Conditions: None | Location: Lancelot’s Watchtower


“Great job filling in for Bully, Gear. Keep LANCELOT busy.”, she says on an open channel with the rest of the team, before adding, “Maddy, you still on distraction detail? Looks like we need you here instead, head over to the tower if there’s nobody on your tail. Ursula, looks like it’s you and me popping some locks, otherwise I’ll be making some booms happen once LANCELOT’S on the field.” It’s like herding cats without a tin of tuna. Wait, did she use that metaphor before? Well, it's a metaphor that'll see a lot of use, probably. “Ea, what’s up on your end of the string?”

She walks up to one of the entrances, eyeing one of its robotic guards and touching the shield she had. This has better work. Marching up to the security automaton, she waved her hand in front of its face. “Alright, let's get through the first step, shall we?” She pats the robot on the shoulder, and then takes up a bullet, tossing it through the security grid, counting on the fact that it's chemical composition will trigger-

*BEEEEP*

The robot swings around, walking over through the security grid as Squire shadows it inches behind, save within the small RFID radius of the bot, and then picks it up as she walks past. Though puzzled to see it vanish, the robot quickly marks it as a momentary glitch. As she gets in, she goes to the main panel, casting Salavar's Slowing Sphere. Though meant to just keep falling objects around long enough to catch, the internal clock of the security panel starts to malfunction. Also, the low mana use keeps it from triggering the spell sniffers. “Got a gap here for a few minutes on the exterior of the security grid, gonna start climbing this flip-flopped labyrinth.”

As she walks in, she takes a small pad out, tapping an arcane symbol. One of the garbage can goes off with her noisy explosive charge, some distance from the entrance she's using, distracting the automaton as it starts off in that direction. “Water's fine, dive in when you're ready.”, she adds, making her way towards one of the maintenance staircases.

Gonna Distract Someone. That someone is the the exterior security, wagering her Insider Knowledge with a 12, and choose "You redirect their attention to someone else.", and "You avoid immediate retaliation for this.".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Trouble -1 | Superior +2 | Menace +1
Curses! 1/5 | Infamy: 2 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Paranoid, Afraid | Hold: Far From Home (1) | Location: - Outside Lancelot’s Tower

Ea watched as High Gear’s creations very handily took care of the Green Knights. And watched. And watched. And watched, and watched, and watched. And then, they decided: This cannot continue. Not High Gear’s successful maneuver, that was good. For the team, that is. But for Ea themself? For their pride? For coming out here to prove themself? Unacceptable. Simply, unacceptable. Something must be done. But what? What? The alien stared through the Gearvan’s (what a ridiculous name) monitors, pondering. And then, they realized. They needed to prove themselves. There was a large threat. They could take it on themself. Simple. Yes, so simple, why had they not thought of it before? Nothing could go wrong. Nothing could go wrong.

The doors to the Gearvan burst open as Ea flew through them, higher and higher into the sky. They turned to face the Forteresse. And then they approached, rushing forward, right towards the center of the flying ship. One hand still in their pocket, the other dramatically thrust outward in a gesture of superiority, Ea looked ‘down’ upon her opponent with completely unwarranted confidence. Signalling out with their telepathy (would it reach inside the Forteresse? They would find out soon enough), Ea cried out,

[Knight known as Lancelot! Come and face this one if the courage has you! Your defeat is certain, so accept it with graciousness, and meet your end eyes to eyes! Refuse to do so, and this one will destroy your flying machine alongside you!”]

quote:

A Junkfood Goblin (TheFireMagi)-Today at 7:42 PM
/r 2d6 #FITE ME LANCELOT (Provoking! +2 Superior -2 Insecure)
SidekickBOT-Today at 7:42 PM
@A Junkfood Goblin (TheFireMagi): 2d6 FITE ME LANCELOT (Provoking! +2 Superior -2 Insecure) = (1+4) = 5
OOC: Welp. Marking Curses and clearing Insecure as discussed in Discord.

  • Locked thread
«6 »