Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Freak +2 Danger 0 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace 0
Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

That boy is an idiot savant.

We all don't use the world's magnetism to float around. My droids were not designed to carry me around a cylopean mad house. I too upset with him to return his ill programmed trash heap to him. But too flustered over all of this to concentrate on backwards engineering. I have it hidden on my floor to decide at a later date. And by that I mean when I feel I can get away with ripping the thing apart if only to give it a chassis more suited to my purposes. I doubt he will spend much time on the floor I have decided to stay on. I wonder if Gear has a younger sister. And he has a vague impression of the type of things she likes. The entire floor is pastels, largely pink. Colorful scenes with smiling faces painted on every wall. There are cubic meters of stuffed animals per room. There is a bed with a mattress half as tall as myself. It is all very soft and comfortable, which I find to my liking.

Comfortable is as far from what I am at the moment. My lead droid is (princess) carrying me around as trying to lift me on my chair up stairs would likely result in a concussion. My search for him would be less tedious if he left the gps signal in the communication droid provided on. I chance upon the lottery winner and Percy. I am already in a foul mood so my attention fixates on what is said not how it is said. "I would hope he is. I have words for that jack rear end and I tire of searching for him. The boy has reached astronomical heights in wastefulness."

If this is not resolved soon I will be of less use during any defense of the base. Simmons is no doubt already moving against me. I need no fear for my life. But I know well there are fates worse than death. To cage me and deny me the ability to work my craft would be agonizing. Though a well rehearsed speech to turn me away from my unfettered path of scientific progress might be more painful.

7. Assuming I'm not even allowed to be a lameo and lose infamy I don't have, she attempts to exploit the malleable nature of a fresh alliance. Someone gains influence on me
Moving most of the lab to the new base, but left enough to make a quick safe house in a bind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

Feh. They barely acknowledge with a glance let alone more. Whatever.

"Pardon." N-Prime pushes past the others to carry me into the room. "High Gear you short sighted-" I cut off simpleton. I need him receptive to my complain. Well perhaps not need. "This monstrosity is nearly impossible to get around. Even if you claim that is by design to confuse intruders we are no better off so you better have a plan to fix that!" The dignity of my fuming is undercut by N-Prime carrying me and looking for a suitable seat.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

"Are you really so dense as to-" He is barely listening. As much as he thinks. All that activity in that cranium and so little of it is signal. I will incorporate my complain in the planning so that it may be fairly heard by all others.

N-Prime cuts my food for me while the wind bag does his thing. "Are you done yet? Because of course I have a plan. We must address what the base is lacking, and exploit what it has. Floors one to one hundred should be exclusively death traps. Possibly deeper. We will need a way to facilitate quick travel for ourselves within the fortress so that we may properly harry intruders. A separate entrance could be used against us and brainless traps are unreliable so we apply some intelligence to our security. Experimental intelligences was a department at the institute I had some contact with. They were not interested in organic controlling cores for complex systems. Feh. Their loss. Regardless at least one project was being developed outside of the Institute proper, which I do not have the gall in thinking we could successfully attack. William von Friedrik is developing an AI for the King's Court." Technically outside of the city, the amusement park has progressed into it's own district given its size. It is themed after Arthurian legend, which is novel in this day and age if not nostalgic. It is beloved of those at the Institute that still bear their noble titles, most of the rides were converted from more theoretical designs of theirs. The dizzying amount of machines in the park "should" be impossible to unify under one system. Impossible is just a word. "Security should be quite manageable. And after some finishing touches and tweaks the AI could add some needed method to the madness of this abyss."

I lean back in my chair and smile. I challenge the others to propose a better target. Not vague riches but something practical that will empower our future endeavors. The perfect way to get started.

Proposing different Caper. Steal experimental AI from massive amusement park

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

"The AI is in the final phases. Bug testing? It was supposed to be released last week." Ursula rolled her eyes. "You know how these things are. I believe it would be easier to extract it before it takes proper roots into the park mainframe. It won't be impossible between the both of us of course. Does the muscle have an opinion? As I believe on site threats and time spent in danger are the primary differences." I look over to Bull but my gaze quickly slides over to Percy. Sat next to her of course. Feh. She should tone it down a bit. Is she going to have a cardiac arrest when they hold hands? I wish.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

I shiver a bit when I hear Ea'lyiz's voice in my head. It is such a unique sensation. I struggle to describe it. I make eye contact and think to myself, to her: Are you sure it is the floor most to your liking of all 2000? I of course defer to your choice of living space. But I would recommend some security measures installed. I just hate to see 1900 floors go to waste, after all our supplies were squandered to make them.

I'm going to take the high road and not comment on High Gear's love of trains. That seems more of Bull's wheel house. "Really, hangar space? Percy had commit petty larceny just so we could eat today. If the pit into which our resources were thrown in is merely used as a garage for your vanity projects disappointed will not even begin to describe me."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

"Does it not occur to you that I choose not to hook myself up to some marionette exoskeleton? Not everyone is so sensitive about their appearance." I add with a smirk. "If you want a taste of what I can manage, Octavia would love a taste of you."

N-Prime nearly tackles me to the ground when the gun goes off. It stays between me and Percy (and my food :/) while the gun is still out. "Percy the idea is that the AI would be more like the base mother." I try to poke my head around N-Prime to make a semblance of eye contact. "Though I suppose we could leave the base under the stewardship of High Gear and his enthusiastic droids..."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

Is that all? I think back to Ea. Then do not worry. A gamer, huh? That's interesting.

Everyone is rather excited for Gear's plan over what seems rather superficial reasons. I do not fault them. They lack my practice at making hard decisions. To be led by their emotions even with strategy is the failing of man after all.

I sigh. "I can see where this is going. I defer to your wishes. I do, however, request some assurance that the material will be used for the benifit of us all."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

"Don't put words in my mouth." I hiss and glare at him. "You would decide what gear we need without consulting us. I would not want something considered useful to me only by your narrow perspective."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

This the gun away N-Prime finally releases from the defensive posture. I am free to finish my breakfast. I can't help but sigh as N-Prime pushes my chair back up to the table. Better for false positives than false negatives. The rest of the conversation is a little hard to follow, like eavesdropping on a phone call.

"Hmm? Does Ea'liz expect a bribe? And here I was hoping to make some friends." I run my fork through the eggs. "If we only saw each other for what they can materially provide ourselves, why... You're all just organ donors. Of course I do not balk at the dirty work of forwarding science but the thing with vivisections are you only get one shot at it. Xenobiology has so much ground that still needs to be covered. Data on a psychic brain would do wonders for my homonculi. I have no doubt so much would fall through the cracks. Besides." I smile to Ea'lyiz. "My intellectual curiosity extends to your culture. And science has not progressed such that I could merely cut the memories out of your head." With a full mouth I continue, "There is more you can gain from friends than simple compensation. The extorted tend to be frugal."

I hope my sincerity gets through to her. Actually, I'm not sure if sincerity was the correct tone for exploratory surgery on useless companions. But I was talking about how I wasn't planning on doing that so it's okay! Right?

11, unleash power Fear and Intimidation. Ea'lyiz rethinks being dismissive of Ursula.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Freak +2 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace +1
Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

Ah yes. How dare I imply a cripple could be dangerous to her, to anyone. Please. Like I haven't dealt with rowdy test subjects. Like I don't have contingency plans if I need to ambush and subdue any of these people. High Gear probably would have a way to deal with his room being flooded with anesthetic gas, but I'd like to see a psyker think her way out of that one. Not that I expect it to ever come to that.

I wipe my mouth with a napkin with my eyes closed. "You misunderstand me, as I you apparently. But." I lean my elbows on the table and rest my chin on my weaved fingers. With a firm stare and a predatory smile I add, "You are the one out of your element. I know my place. Where people look with contempt down their noses at me. I know that adversity and life are one in the same. And that people you put themselves on a pedestal find the foundation kicked out from under them. That attitude will just get more knives in your back. But I will allow you to elucidate me." I twirl my hand dismissively as I say that. "What is your place? It's not the brains, or the muscle, and you can't even properly sniff out a rat. You're just window dressing." I chuckle. "I admit it is a pleasing aesthetic. So that isn't a complaint."

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 17, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

"Feudalism is a dead and backwards system." I push the chair back myself. My arms shake a little bit from the effort, I admit. I produce a bottle of stimulants from a pocket sewn into my dress. Four should be enough, down with some water. "There are some rather colourful stories about peasant revolts. Petty counts having their manor stormed. And you are no queen. Otherwise you wouldn't be marooned here." I feel the rush of blood and can pull myself to my feet. "The landed elite is a useless institution. Only the Margravine understood it was only a silly title," ugh I sound wistful. I suppose I miss the days when I was ignorant of her puritanical treachery. "You allow me to toil on in your fields? How magnanimous. And were no one to take you up on your offer would you starve?" I pick up my plate and make my way to the sink. "Your indignant response speaks volumes. You don't even have ideas in that head to be rejected. Very well, just sit there and look pretty. Do you need handmaidens to wipe your butt too? Poor thing, I can manage that myself at least." I give a bitter sardonic laugh. To think anyone could be more proud and out of touch than High Gear. At least she's typically quiet about it.

I won't wither from her challenge. This alliance will not work unless we respect each others abilities, even if I have to cow every idiot in this thoughtlessly excavated mess. And I am not interested in more repeats of our first disaster, with everyone pressing on ahead themselves like morons and the plan being pulled in every direction until it burst. Already they forget the thesis of the original proposition for the alliance. Perhaps a few lumps more will make them understand. But I will do what I can to prevent that, I don't need any lumps after all.

9 reject influence. Cancel influence and take +1 against them

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Conditions:

"Gear might you tone it down just a bit. If you're going to be like this every heist I'll petition to have to left home. Regardless, I had planned for our presence being discovered early-" I glare at High Gear. "Perhaps from advance sensors."

I speak to B-Prime, "Protocol 6-c." N-Prime pushes my chair up next to the "captain's chair" as B-Prime's gears start audibly working. "I know you assigned me the minnows Percy, but I did some extra credit. I prepared a false communication between sections of the ship on an open comm... much like the one already used." I sigh and then give the hand signal to show our glorious leader (temporary) the fruits of my labor. I was able to find a room in that mad house we live in that resembles the bowels of a ship nicely. The lighting really catches the bags under my eyes and make my cheek bones more pronounced.

'I'd just like to remind everyone up there we're trying to take them alive. I always need more template candidates for the gene vats down by the docks.' The me in the recording looks up at a draining IV bag set up behind, then looks annoyed as she can't find something. 'And I'm running low on biomass. Maimed is fine as long as their fresh.'
I'm beaming as the recording finishes playing. "The security should be much less spirited with them knowing the Butcher of Caligre Lane is skulking about. The girls liked to spread exaggerated rumors about me so they could intimidate belligerents when enacting their flesh trade of a less intellectual sort. Whenever these nomads were in town to sell their excess hides half the profits would disappear into the pockets of the types of entertainers you won't find in the plains."

If I can have my fingerprints on each part of the plan I should be looking pretty good when this all pans out. If nothing else it gives me more ammo against Ea. I enjoy cutting after all, and words slice her to the bone. Heh.

Freakish Plan 10. The security is given a reason to cut and run when things go bad. +1 Plan

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 0/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:

"Mmm yes that's all very fascinating. No wait that other word, tedious. Well while you were arguing over... usefulness I was engaging in it." I have N-Prime push me up to high gear so he can see the tactical feed of my battle droids. Well the B series is labeled as such but they are merely utility droids optimized for a task like the others, but their enhanced durability make them good scouts. "I dropped my droids and had them storm all the cars in the time it took you to decide which one to start with. Oh my look at that it was in any of them, so I have now located it."

The droids are tearing apart the walls of the train. It is hard to obverse them with their kinetic fields lighting up as every bullet sling and knife are deflected away. Their propulsion system uses the same kinetic energy to glide along the ground, so even if they are unharmed they are suppressed. The semblance of effectiveness works towards our advantage and keeps the guards firing. They don't need to move they have already done their job.

I open a channel with our agents on the ground floor. "Car 2. Security is currently having a fire fight with kinetic field equipped droids. It will take ages to break through the defenses, longer than for them to realize that the droids are poorly armed and can be fought without projectiles. So please do not squander this opening."

Execute the plan, distract security 10

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh no. The whole ornate monstrosity of High Gear's shakes when it takes a real blow. My chair tilts and falls over from the impact. Ow. And of course we have more important things than our own safety. There's bruised egos to nurse! Nevermind we had time to check every car. This argument is literally pointless. With the rest of the crew useless (far be it from me to distract Percy from killing High Gear), I will need to press a different candidate into service.

N-Prime falls over next to me (ugh, have to tweak the glider's balance) and I open my mind out to Ea'lyiz. "Our fearless vice leader is losing his poo poo over mistaken proposals as to which car to check first. Side note, I will sweep for scan disruptions next time. To digress, the safety of the crew is being forgotten for much more trivial matters. Ea, my friend, be a dear and assist me when you bring the prize to the ship. Surely you can be more useful than this metal cased wind bag.

Provoke 8. Ea helps Ursula stay safe or take a condition

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

oops nm

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 29, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well this is basically proceeding down to my expectations. A pissing contest of wits between two mental eunuchs. The more clever someone is the more foolish as they are blind to their own ignorance. I of course avoid this by being intelligent, not clever. And it is hard to over estimate oneself when everything is such a chore.

Oh good. Now a member of the Table is here. That's what we need. And it's the sanctimonious academic, old fart edition. Marvelous. "Target Kite, confirmed." I tell the droids.

I get on the comms. "We have extra company. That's Kite of the Table if you don't do your homework. I've had the pleasure of having him regale me the importance of ethics in study." I believe my venomous sarcasm is enough to understood over the channel. "A real bleeding heart. Specializes in healing, barriers, general support spells. He'll make anyone still fighting extremely dangerous. Prioritize him."

I sigh then add, "And if anyone doesn't have anything better to do I didn't prepare for the ground below me to turn over so I could use some assistance."

10 Inside man. (forgot to add the +1) What is the blind spot of his defenses?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:

It seems we are largely of mind to retreat, a prudence I did not expect from anyone. Unless Tock is of course working some angle but that does not concern me at this point. What does is our escape with all my bones in tact. To escape Kite's scrying would be no simple feat. High Gears serviceable war machine is likely not up to the task. But, we have something at our disposal now that is of great use. The volatile reaction of Unobtanium puts magnesium powder to shame. Just a little bit into the combustion and the ship's engines will have us on the other side of the planet within the hour and raze this sight to glass. If the whole thing doesn't rupture and I join my ancestor Hindenburg in dubious honor.
There's a lot to consider. Even with a tablet to keep notes on there are so many variables to keep track of. This would be easier in a lab setting. Okay I think I got it. Hopefully this machine isn't made from parts each from the lowest bidder. His Majesty would never approve the plan, so I can't have him check my map. Sigh, okay let's try the Ea again. She's the one holding the stuff after all. Then when I'm desperate I'll float the idea to High Gear.

Ea'liyz. If you want to facilitate our timely escape you can mix that Unobtanium in with the ship's fuel to super charge the engines. You can claim credit for a successful get away. And I'm on the ship so I don't have a reason to lie to you about doing things to it. Now, it should be nine- no! Eight. Yes eight picograms. Yes eight I'm sure. maybe seven. I'm sure High Gear's construction can handle eight. I'm sending a droid down to the engine room to shave off the required amount.

At least if I'm wrong I can just tell Ea we could have avoided this if she helped me in the first place. ...If she lives.

Unleash powers 4. snake eyes on genius for super charge engines recipe

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 1 Conditions:

High Gear is a waste of breath, in both senses. Trying to speak to him is pointless. He will only understand his own failings when he facilitates them all by himself. And that is sure to happen.

"Leaving, should be taken care of shortly," I say over the channel. "I assume High Gear's machine is state of art and able to withstand staggering output. If anything I am worried for our people still on the ground. How big does the jet flares get?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Freak +1 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +2 Menace +2
Curses! 1/5 Infamy 2 Conditions: Afraid

11, +1 Infamy and forward
10. Shifting labels, they interfere next Caper

And I was trying to distance myself from the danger during that operation. Playing support did me no favors. I must be more proactive and wisely use my time while I still have it. I'm still shaking from it. This will become tedious if it lingers. I'm starting to ache from so much movement. Exercising my muscles is the sort of tedious band aid Jess- Margravine Simmons would suggest. Holistic nonsense. Though I will partake in some holistic medicine, laughter is the most cited but it has its cousins. I am feeling rather indulgent after emotionally draining experience.

Trying to find someone in this mad house is out of the question. So I will have to hope Percy has her comms device on her. I just make the call and

Some sort of primal terror strikes when the screen lights up with her face. I manage to resist the impulse to shut it off right then. "H-hello Percy." My eyes slide away from hers off into a corner. "I was thinking. S-since we have some free time. Maybe we could um." My smile wavers as I oscillate between joy and panic. "Runsometests." I feel a bead of sweat as I spit it out. "I-I installed all my lab equipment. I think this floors um, aesthetic works with it. I h-hope you'll like it." I wring my hand around my other's wrist. "S-so does that sound good?"

The bright colors and stuffed animals of the rooms here are a nice contrast to my equipment I think. It feels much less like a dissection table with the sunflower lamp and the kitty pillow. I really like the kitty pillow. There is six of them on my bed, in each color.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 2 Conditions: Afraid

"Ah." I try not to look too crushed. There are always bags under my eyes so I don't think it's too obvious. "Is there something you need help with? O-or you don't have to come all the way down here. I w-was experimenting with a faster method of travel through this mess as well. I-if you're okay with a prototype..." I stare at my lap as I make the offer. After letting that hang for too long I try to break the awkward silence. "Well when you're free we can bond over a shared near death experience." I let out a pathetic laugh. Ugh, I'm trying too hard. There is not anyone else I would prefer the company of however. My next conversation with Ea'lyiz is not something I'm looking forward to. And wild bull... well we share one interest. Ugh. I hope what Percy wants to do isn't too important.

Provoke, 12. Hang out with Ursula to add plan to the pool, or ditch her for a condition. Cold and Cruel: Give each other a condition. Mark Insecure

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 2 Conditions: Afraid Insecure

She agreed! Perfect. Oh my... I hope this doesn't turn into a disaster. Well I should follow Percy's example and barrel forward heedlessly. I'm sure she brooks no cowardice. "A slide? W-well no. But that can be added. I wanted something that goes both ways at first. It's a little snug, but it is an emergency transport. It is what appears to be a support column in the center of each floor. Just press your hand on it so it can detect your biometrics. Then use the slider to select a floor. One twenty one, if you can't keep track. There are so many after all."

I have myself pushed to the elevator post haste. Despite all the droids and smiling faces in the decor this place can feel so empty.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ah! She's here! It feels like the air's been sucked out of my chest when the door slides open. I just need to regulate my breathing. Yes. Just remain calm and don't over think what i say. "Thanks for coming down." Oh what if she doesn't like the aesthetic of the floor? It could go either way with Percy. I'm sure she likes cute things but might have her limits. "I've been excited to continue my research into your condition. But I um... was afraid of imposing too much." I motion for Percy to follow me. "I can show you all the equipment I have available. Though what would be most helpful would be ah erm... a full body scan. Wh-whatever you're comfortable with, of course. And we don't have to do tests. I like to think our relationship is built upon more than quid pro quo." I look away with a nervous smile.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"That's ridiculous. Anyone who has been to a doctor should have their entire medical history up until that point in on record. Or we'd still be using something as archaic as social security numbers."
I wince a bit when she starts questioning. "Well with this, for starters." I run my hand over a large machine that is more or less a bed that feeds into a tube. "It detects the slightest magic resonance in an object down to the finest detail. For all intents and purposes it maps the soul. With it I will set the foundation of the tests. To determine if your condition has any physical attributes or is entirely magical. And to track any responses to treatment." I poke my index fingers together. "I had mostly been practicing in the realm of theory. Trying to arm myself with knowledge before entering a stage where something could go wrong."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Great." I clap in excitement. "I can't wait. But a machine this sensitive will pick up any objects inside. So..." I start to flush. "I-I'll need t-to ask you to um..." I grip my knees to stop my hands from shaking. "Please disrobe- onlyforthetestofcourseitisallforstrictlyacademicreasons!" I gasp for air after I spit my panicked explanation out in one breath. I look like such a wreck, it is like she asked me that instead.

Ursula's academic interest in this endeavor is in the backseat. She however does intend to follow through on the tests to their fullest, if only to try to draw attention from any other reasons she might be enjoying this

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"O-okay. I'll need you to lay on the bed." I'm staring at that magic barrier like I can tear it down by sheer force of will. I never had any luck with magic. Every came out twisted and off. Magic is much better shackled to the reliability of machines. I honestly forgot Percy was an accomplished caster, given her own preference for equipment. "Oh! I can turn around if you need." I awkwardly shift in the chair, trying to turn it. Okay that's not working. I just my hand over my eyes. "Th-there. You know, this is the first time I used this machine. It's a proven design, but I never had need for the one at the institute. And well I don't trust the droids to work the thing on myself." Keeping the conversation up is distracting myself from getting too distracted by my imagination. I almost think it's worse that I was left to imagine. It certainly feels like I haven't actually been taking in air since the clothes hit the ground under the hexagon. Just a vacuum, whirling around it panic guilt and immeasurable excitement.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

After the clicking sound of the bed fully in place in the sensor tube I take the hand off my eyes. We'll um, ease into this. Yes. I don't want to make this too weird and squander further opportunities. Yes, I must be strategic. It is natural to be governed by passions when it comes to... well the passions. But that is why so many relationships fail. If people just thought, well there would be a whole lot less rom coms for one.

"Honest is a way to put it." The scan begins. A gentle blue light passes over Percy. Her outline appears on the screen. Heh heh... Oh jeez. Okay focus. "If we had the element of surprise we could have likely avoided most of that. Thinking about it High Gear does seem honest to a fault, he was rather upset at your minor subterfuge. That makes both him and Tock reliable, in opposite directions. Always wary of one, expect plenty of warning with the other. The other two seem on a hair trigger though. As you know, I do not rage but seethe." Oh I like that word. Everyone has one word that is theirs. It is not all encompassing of course but down to the word they are that word. The slow burn spreads farther than any explosion. And a nurtured rancor will focus your efforts straight to the jugular. "What about yourself? Are you one to hold a grudge?"

Hmm. Her body is impeccable. And I don't mean erm, ahem... She is the pinnacle of health. That makes interacting with the curse harder. An expected complication. There is no brand upon her... I think. She would have mentioned one. Surely. I don't need to check. ...No, no, I shouldn't check.

Okay next is aura, then mana, then integrity (where I expect the damage), then resonance, and finally inner flow.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I nod. "Any of us could have died on that mission. We all risked the last words rattling in our skulls his nonsense." I sigh. "I had not considered my own mortality. If you believe it. I'm sure I seem to have one foot in the grave given my own condition, but it has led to a safe insulated life. I..." I hold myself and shutter. "We are all dying in slow motion. But you are brave enough to embrace it. Really, all deaths are as arbitrary as the curse's vague idea of time. I could catch pneumonia tomorrow. Tock's heart could have a spring jostled out of place. High Gear's suit could malfunction with him in it. And that's discounting brain aneurysms. Let alone the danger we subject ourselves to. This alliance certainly doesn't feel like a good use of time, and if anything is shortening the time I have. I agree completely." I rest my head on the side of the machine. Being closer to Percy isn't going to make it any easier to hear me through the metal shell. But I wish I could actually rest my head on her shoulder right now. "But we can change that. We can squeeze out more from those idiots than we were able to get with just the two of us. More to fuel my research. Until then it really will be a waste of time."

The scan completes and the data is already displayed on the monitor. "That's... odd." I sit up, energized by the enigma. I slide the monitor over to the bed slowly pulling itself out. "Take a look at these results."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"You're the peak of health." I point to highlighted points on the display. "In fact energy is swelling at these focal points. Most mages would be envious of such a powerful flow." But why are there build ups at the points to project energy while she's at rest? My understanding of inner arcanics is not robust, but it is much like a pressure chamber for chi or whatever word you prefer. You draw the energy into it to concentrate it into what you intend to do then release. There should be less energy in those spots at rest. I think I have an idea for the next test.
"Well. Anyway." Just say it. "Um." Come on Ursula. "If you want any help eh-enjoying your time, I'd be happy to help." No no that sounds too desperate. "Mirth is b-better shared they say, right?" I deflate, even my nervousness gets forced out and replaced with a familiar emptiness. "I know well that it dries up quickly when alone. I was hoping with the alliance..." I sigh. "To think I am being the least practical minded of us all."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Of course!" I lie with a big grin. I've never had one of those before. I'm sure I can properly ration myself though. It's simple chemistry. "I would love to join you. Really I've been cooped up in here too much. I struggle to make the effort to take the climb for some fresh air. But that is probably exactly what I need. Oh! I should should put on something nicer than this gown." I motion for N-Prime to push me to the armoire next to my bed. "What kind of place do you like to go for drinks?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 2 Conditions: Insecure

Hmm yes. We are running on the thin budget (thanks High Gear), perhaps for our next big move we should secure a reliable source of our basic needs. I like my Unobtanium scalpel, less than a gram of the actual stuff used in its construction no one noticed it missing, but it doesn't feed me or even give me anything to use it on. Now I think I have something casual for a low key establishment. So much of my life has been spent on a bed or shaking hands at some gala my parents dragged me to I never stockpiled "normal" clothes. Well I can improvise. A white slip dress to cover my leg braces. And a blazer to add some muted pizzazz, I suppose. I have no idea what I'm doing. But it kind of looks like a skirt and a nice top. And I think I have some heels in here. Were they always this tight? How do people walk in these things.

I am less worried about my look than what Percy says though. I have N-Prime push me up next to her when I'm ready post haste. I give a warm smile to hide my agitation. "We don't need to invite anyone else. I am enjoying your company. And if you're worried about the tab-" I pull a brooch from the pile out of the blazer pocket I stuffed it in. Awarded to me at the yearly ball for my thesis submitted to the Astute Thinker's Society. Worthless to me. I think I eared twelve before I joined the Institute. This one has an emerald in the center, and is solid silver. "My treat."

End of Issue, clinging to Black Squire. She gains influence and I clear Afraid

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Freak +0 Danger -1 Trouble -1 Superior +3 Menace +2

Well. I certainly am made to feel out of place. If there is indeed a place for me at all. My attire's tones are rather light for this crowd but I thought it might be nice to contrast with my droids. It does not bother me much however. To stare at an anomaly is simply human nature. And seedy bars are always trying to scare off fresh faces, right? If you can't take the heat you're not tough enough to stay.

And I am. The notion that I can't handle alcohol is ridiculous. I haven't had much reason to press for it. But with the amount of chemicals I have ran through my body what is one more? And as I already concluded it is projecting confidence that is important in a situation like this.

I place the broach onto the bar. Slam is a bit too strong a word for it. But I am forceful. "How far will this take us?" I look to Percy to make the order. She knows this place so I trust her recommendations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 18, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I scan the long list of mixed drinks. "It is indeed a staggering selection." One catches my eye. Night Quill. Red and greens with a shot of vodka for 'flavor.' It must indeed taste like red, and green. Instead of anything resembling food. I enjoy the word play with medicine. Though I suppose it would be lost on most people my age unless they had a medical background like me. It was an enduring classic, and I've heard of more tenuous drink names.

"I would like to try that one." I point at the name. Percy has already ordered two drinks, presumably one for me. I doubt we're only getting one round so this is fine.

"Academia doesn't teach you the fun stuff. Treatment is the most banal of subjects for medicine. It's what you'll find in university, but not because more ink has been spilled over it."

Forgot to shift Squire's labels, -1 trouble +1 Danger. Attempting to clear insecure by braving strong drink

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"I sympathize." I can't help but sigh. "I am going to insist on the next objective. Giving a few of us great trinkets is of value but not so much that we should all be content to risk ourselves for it. I intend to propose we secure something which will see us fed for the time being. Petty theft to just eat is ridiculous."
Then follow her lead and down my drink. Oh my. I exhale and shake my head. It is an upper and a downer at the same time. Anxious is not the correct word but I don't know what else to call it. I shiver as I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I just want to sink into my chair and burst out into the room. "Interest-" I cough. "Interesting chemistry."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I nod and sigh. With my eyes closed I try to relax and just accept the feeling. I hope it isn't reacting to something I took. Well if I take one of each color it should equalize right?
I quaff the new drink in short order. I cough and pat my chest. "Vodka living down to expectations. It really does taste like cold medicine." I let out an exasperated laugh. Still, I'm glad to be hanging out with Percy and I have no intention to blow it due to foul tasting brews. Just her being here makes it fun. I feel like I could stare at her forever...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

A primal animal fear grows within me after Percy says she was planning on leaving. I don't show it on my face. As much as the red is fueling it the blue is keeping a lid on it. She talks about a solo job but that seems like an addendum. If Percy left... Well Ea is interesting of the bunch but that is very much despite her personality at this point. I wouldn't see much reason to stick around myself. Not after how unprofitable the alliance has decided to make itself for me.
I reach out and take Percy's hand that she isn't propping up her head with. I lean a little to much into it. "You don't have to run a job alone. I am not dealing with their bufoonish tomfoolery and knuckleheaded shenigans pro Bono again. At the very least the planning could be up to the level of hair brained schemes. Honestly the only clever bits of that whole plan were squandered by simpletons. Honestly I'm glad we didn't go with my idea. I had no idea how childish they could be and an overseer AI would be a disaster of bruised egos and-" my lean had been pushing until I had my head on the table.
"Ahem." I sit back up. "We should just do our own job and show them how it's done." Is that like a date? It's too soon to ask for a date. Uhh uhuhhhhh... "Maybe bring Tock." He did get short changed too. "Maybe."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 2 Conditions:

I huff. "I can do communal moping with my droids back at the base. Chemically assisted zoning out is the purest waste of time I could think of." I fold my arms and turn my head to the side. "I came here to avoid wallowing. As much of a disaster that job was it was still a success. We should celebrate, our own competence if nothing else." I put a fist down into my palm, forcefully considering it's me. "Give me a traffic light. And I say that's what you really need. Something to lift you up, not let you slip beneath the undertow."

Cow 10. Clearing Insecure.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 2 Conditions: Drunk Insecure

Who is this woman that Percy is so familiar with?! Hold on. Calm down. Think about this. That's what you're good for Ursula. So they're friends. Well were friends. Just like my associates at the institute. The ones I left on good terms with. Sort of. Regardless, our meeting would be amicable but it would not mean much. So this is just an old friend. And even if... well that would be in the past! It's very unlikely regardless. But if they are friends then she is a way in with Percy right? That's how that works isn't it? People are more inclined to like you if you are seen as favorable by their peers. Yes. Yes. It's logical, it doesn't need much practice to figure something like that out. So I need to figure out a way to impress uh, Georgie it was. Yeah.

Would helping with the ugly dudes do that? That would require something that I am not well experienced at. Surely brain power can help with this. Even something as crass as a bar fight.

[url=http://orokos.com/roll/513243] 11 to assess. What here can I use to impress Georgie/Percy? How can I end this quickly?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Curses! 1/5 Infamy 1 Conditions: Drunk Insecure

"Percy target the big one." I mention before turning my attention to the task which all my focus in this state. I am a doctor after all, and there is someone hurt. This will ingratiate me with Percy's old friend and likely her by proxy. And... this will distract Simmons. Yes. Heh heh heh. Let her think her petty moralizing is having an effect. I was never above charity, not that this is charity, no my disagreement is in what to stop short of doing. I'm getting distracted. The nurse series of droids all have simple first aid implements built in. The prime unit has a more robust kit like all the primes. Luckily this does not call for a steady hand. Just some blunt trauma. A cryopatch to numb the area, adrenaline to get him back up sooner, and a miliounce of phoenix blood for vigor. Now just-

Threesome?! "What?!" That's way too fast! I don't even know George. I get anxious when I need to preform without data and I cannot afford to embarrass myself. I didn't even template the data from Percy to map the most efficient stimulation of erogenous zones. I know more about preforming an owlectamy on a naga!

Unleash Powers 8 (10, +1 forward, using infamy.) Healing Ocho.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The drat communicator buzzes. The last thing I need is one of those nuisances distracting me from this greatly important and delicate time that requires my utmost concentration. Oh good it's from High Gear.

quote:

so you got in under control right or is this a cry for help its okay to ask for help the whole point of this whole alliance is so we can help each other when we get attacked like this but im pretty busy so if you dont absolutely need it i will have to stay here percy some old friedns of hers showed up and im going to schmooz and get some info out of them might even get in with them and dig up as much as I can I plan to get real deep tonight it is night right this place is dark and im kind of tired honestly

anyway mallor should be no problem no back up she has a big grudge against science and left the knights when she got in a spat with the margavnie so she flys solo now as a bad rear end lose canon that doesnt play by the rules and allthat dumbassed bull

you have no expereince with girls righrt

I look up from the communicator and nearly missed it. Percy pastes that ugly jerk. "You did it!" I launch myself from my chair to throw my arms around her. My excitement well outpaces my ability and just fall into Percy.

Inside man 7. Mallor is a rogue agent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I snuggle into the coat as Percy sets me down on a seat. I dare say this is going well. I'm sure she's completely forgotten whatever it was she was bummed out about before. Whatever it was. Why the only thing that could spoil my mood is-

Ugh. This dude is totally in my personal space. I'd have some joke about tentacles leading into a beak here but I'm too distracted by how vivid everything is. Ugh. An idea pops into my head and my grimace turns into a warm smile. "Oh, I'm Ursula. More of a medical researcher. You should put in a good word for me with Simmons at the Institute." I scribble the treatment I gave him on a napkin and hand it over with a poo poo eating grin. That'll really chap Isabelle's rear end. It's about going big or going hope. The 'safe' dosages would just have people bleeding out. "And yes, I came here with Percy..." I motion over to her and my gaze lingers. She's just so suave. That bold drat the consequences attitude radiates from her even at rest. I love it. If anyone can beat that curse it's her. I just kind of get lost in looking at her.

N-Prime pushes me up closer to the two. Oh I should say something. Uh um. "Ah, Percy. Um, did you have any plans after this?" I'm not sure if she can hear me. Hell I almost didn't hear me. It's like that moment seizing up before the scalpel touches the flesh.

Provoke 5. Failing to even enter the conversation with a roll like that

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 19, 2017

• Locked thread